• Please log in to reply
57 replies to this topic

#21 patrickryan39

patrickryan39

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 114 posts

Posted 25 August 2012 - 01:00 PM

And as everyone said.... SOME titles do have online but this day and age... Every game should include some sort of online multiplayer game. No reason why it can't. It's 2012 and Nintendo lacked this before. If you dont want to use it then don't. The option should be there.

#22 Robotic Sunshine Commander

Robotic Sunshine Commander

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,350 posts

Posted 25 August 2012 - 01:07 PM

BoPs 2 hasn't even been announced for WiiU (all rumors) and everyone will most likely buy it for established systems to play with a larger player base.

Ghost Recon was terrible but could have online. The more you look into these games the less and less they talk about online multiplayer. If a game is going to be online; its one of the biggest selling points yet no one has said anything. Its a pretty good bet that it wont be included if they are not putting it right out front first thing.

blops 2 will come to wii u with the best features.
zombi u has online multiplayer coop and the such. and mario u hasnt been announced yet to have it.
Many many games will have online multiplayer for wii u.

Signature_Fox.png

#23 neverwinteru

neverwinteru

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,159 posts

Posted 25 August 2012 - 01:40 PM

And as everyone said.... SOME titles do have online but this day and age... Every game should include some sort of online multiplayer game. No reason why it can't. It's 2012 and Nintendo lacked this before. If you dont want to use it then don't. The option should be there.

why should every game have online, if its not used correctly then its just a waste of a feature and development time. Some of the best games ever created offer no online features and for good reason.

#24 patrickryan39

patrickryan39

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 114 posts

Posted 25 August 2012 - 02:38 PM

Yea? What game was that? And I am talking within the past like 5 years. Don't name games from like 15 years ago. And again... Even if the online is done poorly... That would be your opinion. Some people could still like it. I find it funny that people fight this haha. I feel like some people will back Nintendo to the death. In the end... It only makes the game better to add that feature.

#25 neverwinteru

neverwinteru

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,159 posts

Posted 25 August 2012 - 02:55 PM

Yea? What game was that? And I am talking within the past like 5 years. Don't name games from like 15 years ago. And again... Even if the online is done poorly... That would be your opinion. Some people could still like it. I find it funny that people fight this haha. I feel like some people will back Nintendo to the death. In the end... It only makes the game better to add that feature.

Skyrim,Super Mario galaxy 1 and 2, bioshock, Batman arkham asylum,resident evil 4,oblivion, god of war 1 and 2 and 3, super smash bros melee, ookami, fallout 3 and thats just the short list of games i could think of.

Im not arguing for Nintendo, im arguing the fact that every game does not need online especially when the resources can be put to better usage like making the single player experience amazing. Adding a crappy online feature just for the sake of having online is stupid. this has less to do with nintendo and more to do with sort priorities when it comes to creating a game.

Hell one of my favorite games(borderlands) is pretty terrible without online some games strive in having online some don't need it at all.

#26 WisdomPowerCourage

WisdomPowerCourage

ZEWOP BOOPITY BOP!

• Members
  • 615 posts
  • Fandom:
    Cats Pajamas.

Posted 25 August 2012 - 04:31 PM

Right, because adding online to Legend of Zelda Skyward Sword would have definitely made it better, in what way? And if you say this game wasn't good without Online then your going to have to do some serious work to convince anyone to believe you.

Edited by WisdomPowerCourage, 25 August 2012 - 04:31 PM.

#27 Ixchel

Ixchel

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 874 posts

Posted 25 August 2012 - 05:09 PM

Ok cool? Name me a top franchise of Xbox or Sony that does not have online? This is not Mario. This is a zombie killing game. All games like this have online. The point is most people like to play online on games like this. This is a big wii u exclusive. So once I beat the game that's it? I'm done? I just don't see why it couldn't include some sort of online multiplayer.

Wow. I see there's a big culture gap forming within the gaming community haha. What generation did you start in?

I just don't understand this new mindset that games need multiplayer. I buy a game to play the main story and if it has multiplayer, then cool I might check it out. If it's a complete experience I probably wouldn't even notice if it lacks online. It's making me feel like people just skip the whole thing just to jump online and shoot things with their friends.
Posted Image

#28 patrickryan39

patrickryan39

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 114 posts

Posted 25 August 2012 - 05:22 PM

First off.... I have been playing games since super Nintendo. Second... As I have been saying for the past ten posts.... You have to look at today's standards with gaming. Call of duty would not sell nearly as much if it was not for online multiplayer. And sweet... Your right. Zelda is Zelda but.... If nintendo wants to grab ahold of other gamers than just the Nintendo fan boys than they are going to have to step it up.

#29 Hank Hill

Hank Hill

Propaniac

• Moderators
  • 2,203 posts
  • NNID:GameCollector
  • Fandom:
    Professor Layton, inFAMOUS

Posted 25 August 2012 - 05:31 PM

First off.... I have been playing games since super Nintendo. Second... As I have been saying for the past ten posts.... You have to look at today's standards with gaming. Call of duty would not sell nearly as much if it was not for online multiplayer. And sweet... Your right. Zelda is Zelda but.... If nintendo wants to grab ahold of other gamers than just the Nintendo fan boys than they are going to have to step it up.

And as others have been saying, adding online features to games that really have no reason to have them is pointless and a waste of resources.

On topic: Just because they haven't said anything specifically doesn't mean it isn't happening. They're bringing the rest of the game to the Wii U, why wouldn't they have online where it applies? We can obviously see that there is an online set-up that's much better than the Wii's, and no real reason to not keep it on the system.

Also, fun fact, there is no "standard" in gaming other than the thing shouldn't be a short, glitchy mess that nukes your system. Not all games should have online, and I can speak from experience when I say there actually aren't enough local multiplayer games out there. I can't tell you how much I'd love to be able to play Burnout Paradise, Outland with one of my brothers. Heck, even Tony Hawk's Pro Skater HD is getting rid of the local multiplayer function.

Sad to see the gaming world is so dependent on online play in order for a game to be "good."

GameZombie44.png

The post above was certified to be simply smashing by the Wii U Forum Staff.

http://www.ebay.com/...mecollector1982

#30 Ixchel

Ixchel

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 874 posts

Posted 25 August 2012 - 06:26 PM

I understand where you're coming from. Yes I read those posts. Yeah games like ZombiU would benefit with multiplayer but eh. I just dislike how everybody are basically online fanboys nowadays. Maybe not you, but I'm noticing more people aren't appreciating the single player campaign.
Posted Image

#31 Oblivion165

Oblivion165

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 60 posts

Posted 25 August 2012 - 06:46 PM

blops 2 will come to wii u with the best features.
zombi u has online multiplayer coop and the such.

If BoPs2 comes to WiiU it will miss the launch date. Might even be a year before you see it; by then everyone and their cousin will have already purchased it.

ZombiU does NOT have online coop. Its couch coop only featuring a zombie master like gameplay.

#32 Robotic Sunshine Commander

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,350 posts

Posted 25 August 2012 - 07:17 PM

If BoPs2 comes to WiiU it will miss the launch date. Might even be a year before you see it; by then everyone and their cousin will have already purchased it.

ZombiU does NOT have online coop. Its couch coop only featuring a zombie master like gameplay.

zombi u online is mentioned here. lol at couch coop.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ZombiU

and what do you mean blops two might come out after wii u launch. its not confirmed for wii u in november , plus that would be a stupid move on nintendos part it was different when wii launched. late october is a more feasible release date. plus blops 2 has the best features and graphics. thats just the way it is.

Signature_Fox.png

#33 ianh05

ianh05

Blooper

• Members
  • 175 posts

Posted 25 August 2012 - 07:28 PM

Let them be negative if they want to be that way. Online doesn't need to be added to all games, single player RPG's such as final fantasy don't need it and some gamers hate online games, even some gamers who like it need to get away from it sometimes.

If games become online only they will all lose their stories and become frag-fests like we get with COD etc. where players only buy the game to play online.
"The consensus was that power isn't everything for a console. Too many powerful consoles can't coexist. It's like having only ferocious dinosaurs. They might fight and hasten their own extinction." - Shigeru Miyamoto

#34 Oblivion165

Oblivion165

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 60 posts

Posted 25 August 2012 - 08:09 PM

zombi u online is mentioned here. lol at couch coop.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ZombiU

and what do you mean blops two might come out after wii u launch. its not confirmed for wii u in november , plus that would be a stupid move on nintendos part it was different when wii launched. late october is a more feasible release date. plus blops 2 has the best features and graphics. thats just the way it is.

I will take the word of the developer over Wikipedia...since they are the ones that made the game. I'm trying to find the interview where they said it would be couch coop online but in the mean time just read the official site: http://zombiu.ubi.co...ome/index.aspx/

No mention of online anywhere and only the known couch coop mode.

As for BoPs 2 there is no way in hell they would release it in October for the WiiU. Not only would that break their contract with Xbox/Microsoft, it would be for a system that isn't even on the shelf. Your post is kind of ambiguous about the points your trying to make but if BoPs 2 even comes to the WiiU it won't be for a long time.

EDIT: I would like to point out that I would love nothing more than to be wrong about ZombiU. It's the highlight of the system in my eyes (so far) and would bring me much joy to play online.

I offer to you to use google and prove me wrong. Every article and video on the net is all about the couch.

Edited by Oblivion165, 25 August 2012 - 08:13 PM.

#35 gregoryorizal

gregoryorizal

Spiny

• Members
  • 211 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 12:39 PM

Spoiler

Spoiler

Zombi U's co-op whether it is couch or online doesn't look very good. It' doesn't really seem like it should be online. And I also have to disagree with you saying that Black Ops 2 will come to the Wii U a year later. That would be really really stupid. It's pretty much confirmed that Black Ops 2 is coming to the Wii U at this point. The only thing we are waiting for is for Activision to come out and say it themselves

Edited by gregoryorizal, 27 August 2012 - 07:36 PM.

Posted Image

#36 Robotic Sunshine Commander

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,350 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 01:51 PM

I will take the word of the developer over Wikipedia...since they are the ones that made the game. I'm trying to find the interview where they said it would be couch coop online but in the mean time just read the official site: http://zombiu.ubi.co...ome/index.aspx/

No mention of online anywhere and only the known couch coop mode.

As for BoPs 2 there is no way in hell they would release it in October for the WiiU. Not only would that break their contract with Xbox/Microsoft, it would be for a system that isn't even on the shelf. Your post is kind of ambiguous about the points your trying to make but if BoPs 2 even comes to the WiiU it won't be for a long time.

EDIT: I would like to point out that I would love nothing more than to be wrong about ZombiU. It's the highlight of the system in my eyes (so far) and would bring me much joy to play online.

I offer to you to use google and prove me wrong. Every article and video on the net is all about the couch.

http://www.examiner.com/article/retail-listing-reveals-call-of-duty-black-ops-2-for-wii-u-nov-20-release

just because micro has a contract with them doesnt mean the other versions wont come out at or around the same day. thats proof.

btw zombi u will have online components, you play in the same world as your friends when they are playing and when they are invected you can find thier body and scavenge its been show. at gamescom.

ps- it hasnt been confirmed to be couch coop only. this is an example of what online multiplayer could look like, and this seems possible. plus why the hell would they show off online multiplayer at events when it cant even be played ? lol
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=cDkR-QKeaYA

Edited by hardcoreUfan, 27 August 2012 - 01:58 PM.

Signature_Fox.png

#37 Oblivion165

Oblivion165

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 60 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 03:17 PM

http://www.examiner....-nov-20-release

just because micro has a contract with them doesnt mean the other versions wont come out at or around the same day. thats proof.

No one said that different versions of the game couldn't come out around the same time as the Xbox version. I said specifically said that they can not come out before the Xbox version. Their contract states that the Xbox gets just as much content as every other version of the game, all DLC first and the launch date must be the earliest or at least the same as the other versions.

Therefor the WiiU version can not come out in October as that is what was being discussed.

EDIT for this section: And there is no way the WiiU version of BoPs 2 is coming out this year.

btw zombi u will have online components, you play in the same world as your friends when they are playing and when they are invected you can find thier body and scavenge its been show. at gamescom.

I would like to see your source on that. I saw the footage from gamescom and unless I got distracted, I didn't see anything of the sort. I'll go download their presentation and report back once I've watched it.

EDIT for this section: Ok so I went and found the video of the developer:
http://www.g4tv.com/...iew/?quality=hd

(Online conversation starts at 2:40)

And yup, just as I said. No online multiplayer. The only online features are leaderboard, leaving notes and when your friends die their player will show up in your game as a zombie.

(Starting at 3:38)

They talk about "Multiplayer Mode" (notice that they didn't say anything like "one of our multiplayer modes is") and clearly outlines the couch coop MP.

ps- it hasnt been confirmed to be couch coop only. this is an example of what online multiplayer could look like, and this seems possible. plus why the hell would they show off online multiplayer at events when it cant even be played ? lol
http://m.youtube.com...h?v=cDkR-QKeaYA

The event has internet and could of easily been shown off. All it takes is two WiiU's and Wifi.

Edited by Oblivion165, 27 August 2012 - 03:41 PM.

#38 Robotic Sunshine Commander

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,350 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 03:26 PM

No one said that different versions of the game couldn't come out around the same time as the Xbox version. I said specifically said that they can not come out before the Xbox version. Their contract states that the Xbox gets just as much content as every other version of the game, all DLC first and the launch date must be the earliest or at least the same as the other versions.

Therefor the WiiU version can not come out in October as that is what was being discussed.

EDIT for this section: And there is no way the WiiU version of BoPs 2 is coming out this year.

I would like to see your source on that. I saw the footage from gamescon and unless I got distracted, I didn't see anything of the sort. I'll go download their presentation and report back once I've watched it.

The event has internet and could easily have been shown off. All it takes is two WiiU's and Wifi.

the wii u version will come out this year why wont it? theres no backup it makes no sense to say that u r wrong

Signature_Fox.png

#39 BanjoKazooie

BanjoKazooie

Witch Slayer

• Members
  • 1,258 posts
  • Fandom:
    LOZ, Mario, Elder Scrolls

Posted 27 August 2012 - 03:35 PM

I would like to see your source on that. I saw the footage from gamescon and unless I got distracted, I didn't see anything of the sort. I'll go download their presentation and report back once I've watched it.

The event has internet and could easily have been shown off. All it takes is two WiiU's and Wifi.

Why wont blops 2 come out this year??? Thats right, you have no reasoning. It will come out probably around the same time as the ps360 versions. It would be stupid for activision not to release it this year for the wii u cause if they didnt everyone who wants it will buy it for ps360 and it will not sell a copy on the wii u.

post-1466-0-36015200-1348103349.png

I was once known here as KillerMario, but since I really like Banjo-Kazooie, I changed my display name to show them my respect :)

#40 Auzzie Wingman

Auzzie Wingman

Mournblade

• Members
  • 4,346 posts
  • NNID:AuzzieWingman
  • Fandom:
    Not enough space here

Posted 27 August 2012 - 05:28 PM

I'm trying to figure out how you've suddenly come to the conclusion that the Wii U Version of every game that's multiplat with online... doesn't have online.

Take the Wii for instance. No matter how butchered the Wii version of World at War was.... it still had friggin' online.

There's no need for a confirm, because these things are a given.

ZombiU is a case where they are working a new type of online, and I'm just going to go ahead and call it the MSO system. MSO meaning Massively Single Player Online, something that Nintendo patented for the Wii U. Sure, you don't get to walk around with a buddy in ZombiU, but hey, fits the game perfectly.

New Super Mario Bros. U also follows suit, allowing people to leave information markers for other players about stages.

Just because they are trying something new, don't think they've gotten rid of something old.

Trophy Cards are classy too! LOLZIGZAGOON

AuzzieWingman.png

Back to Wii U Games and Software

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!