Tricky Sonic

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,853 posts
  • NNID:Tricky
  • Fandom:
    Sega, Sonic, Warcraft, Final Fantasy

Posted 27 August 2012 - 05:30 PM

Yeah, I think better research is needed on your part. Not trying to be mean, just saying. Even if you watch the Miiverse interview with Iwata he mentions online play.
Posted Image
Check out my video game collection blog at http://genesaturn.blogspot.com/
Feel free to add me as a friend on your 3DS and Wii U as well - Friend Code = 1289-9502-7134 / Nintendo ID - Tricky

#42 Oblivion165

Oblivion165

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 60 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 06:32 PM

Ok lots to reply to.

Section: Black Ops 2 WiiU

a. The reason BoPs 2 would not come out this year is because they have no internal development team. Thats why Activision always out-sourced all the Wii versions of Call of Duty games. This may have changed now but it certainly hasn't given them time enough to do what needs done. (as a programmer myself, my heart goes out to the team that has to convert the engine to the WiiU platform)

b. Investors love money. Why do you think E3, Gamescom, etc exist? These shows are for investors. They see whats coming, judge the popularity among the population and invest if they so desire. Anytime a company can show something for investors, they do and Call of Duty being on a whole new platform (Translation: More $$$) means more business.

c. The WiiU is trying to gain popularity and announcing THE biggest money making game of all time for a new system would help Nintendo tremendously. Call of Duty has broken the world record in entertainment in sales and it certainly didn't hurt the hardware it was played on.

To clarify "No online for anything":

a. I do not mean in any way that there will be no online games for Nintendo systems. I simply mean that most of the launch title/window games are couch coop and it appears that still remains to be the case.

b. "MSO - Massively Single Player Online" Nintendo could do nothing more to alienate it's hard core gamers. I can see how this could be tacked on to a game engine that was never designed to handle network traffic or uses antiquated scripts systems for its action sequences. This however is no longer fit for the modern era of gaming. Those kind of efforts fit into the dialup internet section of gaming when bandwidth was too limited to sync up games. I struggle to keep my engine online capable every single day, its hard and takes 10x more effort than couch coop but I put in the time to do it right.

c. I have nothing against Single Player games. I can see where the confusion is, I keep calling it "couch coop" even though I just mean couch multiplayer. We are simply talking about online multiplayer and that requires no interference with SP at all. Adding COOP to a game can just destroy it. (IE: Fear 3)

Their existing multiplayer mode would work fantastically online. (one exception would be to increase the player count to at least 4)

d. I have no doubt that later games will have full online features.

I'm trying to figure out how you've suddenly come to the conclusion that the Wii U Version of every game that's multiplat with online... doesn't have online.

Take the Wii for instance. No matter how butchered the Wii version of World at War was.... it still had friggin' online.

I have yet to mention a game that is on another platform that does have online and said it wont have online on the WiiU. The closest I've come to saying that is Assassin's Creed III hasn't been confirmed. Established franchises would never leave such a critical feature out of a game like Call of Duty.

Hell I've barely said that anything WONT have online other than ZombiU. Usually I said its unconfirmed and looking like it wont.

Edited by Oblivion165, 28 August 2012 - 03:37 PM.

#43 Smertrius

Smertrius

Thwomp

• Members
  • 342 posts
  • NNID:smertrius
  • Fandom:
    nintendo videogames,

Posted 28 April 2013 - 06:13 AM

i stand defer when super smash bros u comes out on the 3ds  and wii u going need compete online to unlock most of the unlockables and combine the wii u version and 3ds version together to get some of the unlockables and longer u play both games the more unlockables you but cant completely finish on a single game mode, u need to compete online on both versions and have the wii u and 3ds versions to complete them 100%

#44 Half

Half

Blooper

• Members
  • 170 posts
  • NNID:HalfName
  • Fandom:
    Curse all fanboys/girls.

Posted 28 April 2013 - 06:58 AM

i stand defer when super smash bros u comes out on the 3ds  and wii u going need compete online to unlock most of the unlockables and combine the wii u version and 3ds version together to get some of the unlockables and longer u play both games the more unlockables you but cant completely finish on a single game mode, u need to compete online on both versions and have the wii u and 3ds versions to complete them 100%

You bump a 9 month old thread for this? Also, that's not true, we can be pretty sure the Wii U version of Super Smash Bros will have online, but it won't be a requirement to unlock the unlockables. (Or if it is by some jinx, then I will not be buying it, at least until it gets cheap and pre-owned)

FmEkJ2.gif

#45 Smertrius

Smertrius

Thwomp

• Members
  • 342 posts
  • Fandom:
    nintendo videogames,

Posted 28 April 2013 - 07:04 AM

the last version of super smash bros brawl requires some unlockables to unlock from playing online, i got alot of unlockables for super smash bros brawl buy playing online and im sure the sequel will do the same

Edited by Smertrius, 28 April 2013 - 07:05 AM.

#46 xBASSxMONSTAx

xBASSxMONSTAx

Blooper

• Members
  • 186 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Zelda, Nintendo Legends

Posted 28 April 2013 - 08:09 AM

Nintendo and online multiplayer don't mix. Lol

#47 ameritt

ameritt

Spiny

• Members
  • 245 posts
  • Fandom:
    Pokemon, Zelda, Fire Emblem

Posted 28 April 2013 - 08:23 AM

the last version of super smash bros brawl requires some unlockables to unlock from playing online, i got alot of unlockables for super smash bros brawl buy playing online and im sure the sequel will do the same

But no characters or stages were unlocked that way. The only things that were unlocked that way were certain trophies or prizes on the challenges screen. And they were really simple, like 'go online'. 

#48 Smertrius

Smertrius

Thwomp

• Members
  • 342 posts
  • Fandom:
    nintendo videogames,

Posted 28 April 2013 - 08:32 AM

buy playing luigi mansion dark moon 3ds in multiplayer mode you get more upgrades for the game instead completing the game after you pass the 20,000 gold all the upgrades are finish in standalone game and to get the rest of upgrades u need to play in multiplayer mode either local or online, so finish this game 100 % you have to play the rest of the game in mulitplayer mode.

Edited by Smertrius, 28 April 2013 - 08:36 AM.

#49 Scooter_Johnson

Scooter_Johnson

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 126 posts
  • NNID:Scooter_Johnson

Posted 28 April 2013 - 09:08 AM

most wanted u - multiplayer

monster hunter ultimate - multiplayer

mass effect 3 - multiplayer

blackops 2 - multiplayer

assisains creed 3 - multiplayer

thats a few

Tekken Tag 2 will most likely be online.and ghost recon online is obviously online same with black ops 2.

were is there even ghost recon online game for the wii u as ive never seen it

#50 Hunter

Hunter

Cheetah

• Members
  • 1,664 posts
  • NNID:Mr.Orange
  • Fandom:
    spyro, crash bandicoot, prince of persia

Posted 28 April 2013 - 10:04 AM

You bump a 9 month old thread for this? 

ugh i just realised how old this thread after i wrote a big paragraph in reply to it...

Edited by Hunter, 28 April 2013 - 10:05 AM.

#51 Half

Half

Blooper

• Members
  • 170 posts
  • NNID:HalfName
  • Fandom:
    Curse all fanboys/girls.

Posted 28 April 2013 - 10:31 PM

But it wasn't required, I'm pretty sure I managed to get all the unlockables through single and local only, and even if I am wrong, I can be certain it was only for crappy stickers and a few not-so-crappy trophies. Also, if you're replying to someone, be sure to use the quote button, not only does it show what exactly you're replying to, it gives a little message telling the person you've replied to, that you've replied.

Edited by Half, 28 April 2013 - 10:32 PM.

FmEkJ2.gif

#52 Mitch

Mitch

Dingus

• Members
  • 1,839 posts
  • NNID:Mitch13pavel
  • Fandom:
    Mitch :3

Posted 28 April 2013 - 10:39 PM

What I want to know is why you were digging so deep into the archives of the forum??

What on earth possessed you to search through 9 months of threads?!?!?! O_O

Gosh that must have taken so long, youre crazy :P 

#53 Smertrius

Smertrius

Thwomp

• Members
  • 342 posts
  • Fandom:
    nintendo videogames,

Posted 29 April 2013 - 04:36 AM

i didnt know this tread was 9 months i only just joined wii u forms 3 months ago

Edited by Smertrius, 29 April 2013 - 04:38 AM.

#54 Scooter_Johnson

Scooter_Johnson

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 126 posts
  • NNID:Scooter_Johnson

Posted 30 April 2013 - 03:26 AM

should close topic

#55 Kokirii

Kokirii

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,269 posts
  • NNID:sixty4bit
  • Fandom:
    The Legend of Zelda, Mario

Posted 30 April 2013 - 03:52 AM

Bump old dead threads much?

Games of The Moment

New Super Mario Bros. 2

Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door

#56 ZombiCarolyn

ZombiCarolyn

Boo

• Members
  • 536 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 06:03 AM

Bump old dead threads much?

no harm in that tho is there?

#57 routerbad

routerbad

Lakitu

• Section Mods
  • 2,013 posts
  • NNID:routerbad
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Halo, Star Trek

Posted 30 April 2013 - 10:10 AM

no harm in that tho is there?

There is when you start to get a reputation for being a thread necro.  He also seems to babble on about nothing in current threads when he posts.

#58 Gamejunkie

Gamejunkie

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 10:18 AM

i didnt know this tread was 9 months i only just joined wii u forms 3 months ago

The problem is you keep bumping up old threads when in most cases there is no real need.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!