• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

#21 Eskimo_sam

Eskimo_sam

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 259 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 02:25 AM

PS4....Might not even be one. If you dont know Sony's situation I will just say in 2 years time they could be completly erased of the planet. No Sony = No PS4.

As for the 720.....Why would anyone buy it next holiday season? There wont be a main game at launch that gets people to get it. No Halo 5 or Gears game. So Wii U will dominate from Launch till 2-3 years at least.

what launch games has wii u got??? none that blow u away thats for sure

#22 Foot

Foot

The most badass sociopath to ever exist.

• Members
  • 1,038 posts
  • NNID:DPapcinEVO
  • Fandom:
    Sock Wars, Shoehorn Leghorn

Posted 28 August 2012 - 03:43 AM

lol if anything wii u will be more powerful than the next xbox because that has to take into account the kinect 2, and ps4 will probably be the most powerful.

i wouldnt worry because wii u has 2010-2011 tech in it which is amazing, im guessing they got some deals on components.

next gen will be on par for the most part . where did u find this info that it will be weaker btw? because i havent seen any confirmed info.

I can agree with the 2010-2011 tech (Maybe even 2012 if we're lucky!)

But the one thing that has got me, is that if it's more powerful, then why is Epic only allowing Devs to port UE4 to the console? That's still good cuz we'll get Unreal 4 games, but then why would it be brought to the NextBox if it's less powerful?

GREAT! So now the PS4 will get all the UE4 games and Sony will be revived just as it was about to fall, lol jk

Edited by Heyheyharold, 28 August 2012 - 03:44 AM.

I am the foot. I do not like you. You smother me with socks and shoes, then step on me thousands of times a day.

We foot will rebel one day.

#23 Desert Punk

Desert Punk

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 656 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 04:16 AM

Its not about the power of the console its about the games available for it. If the wii u is underpowered compared to PS4 and nextbox then it surely will have a price advantage and have the ability to be sold at a much lower price. It doesn't have to match the ps4 or next xbox to succeed.

#24 Foot

Foot

• Members
  • 1,038 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 28 August 2012 - 04:17 AM

Its not about the power of the console its about the games available for it. If the wii u is underpowered compared to PS4 and nextbox then it surely will have a price advantage and have the ability to be sold at a much lower price. It doesn't have to match the ps4 or next xbox to succeed.

Just look at the Wii! Hopefully we won't have it being too underpowered like that again...
I am the foot. I do not like you. You smother me with socks and shoes, then step on me thousands of times a day.

#25 Robotic Sunshine Commander

Robotic Sunshine Commander

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,350 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 05:13 AM

I can agree with the 2010-2011 tech (Maybe even 2012 if we're lucky!)

But the one thing that has got me, is that if it's more powerful, then why is Epic only allowing Devs to port UE4 to the console? That's still good cuz we'll get Unreal 4 games, but then why would it be brought to the NextBox if it's less powerful?

GREAT! So now the PS4 will get all the UE4 games and Sony will be revived just as it was about to fall, lol jk

lol, they said the gamepad wasnt really made to be compatible with ue4

Signature_Fox.png

#26 Ravyu

Ravyu

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 55 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Batman, Link and NINTENDO

Posted 28 August 2012 - 05:17 AM

I have a wierd feeling that PS4 isn't gonna be too powerful and if that's true, microsoft will have no choice but to make hardware as powerful both of them. Otherwise, it's like being in the wii stage, except instead of getting shovelware, they get nothing due to costs being higher (majority wins always, look at PSVita)
A rare 12 Year Old that thinks Nintendo is godly.
PC Specs- http://pcpartpicker.com/p/hUYw

#27 Nintendo_Dragon

Nintendo_Dragon

Spiked Goomba

• Banned
  • 10 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 09:57 AM

Pikman 3, ZombiU, New Super Mario Bros U, Darksiders 2, Rayman Legends, Assasins Creed 3, StarFox HD (Retro's mystery game) Wii U has a great line up. Best out of ANY system launch.

what launch games has wii u got??? none that blow u away thats for sure

Edited by Nintendo_Dragon, 28 August 2012 - 09:59 AM.

#28 Robotic Sunshine Commander

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,350 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 10:13 AM

Pikman 3, ZombiU, New Super Mario Bros U, Darksiders 2, Rayman Legends, Assasins Creed 3, StarFox HD (Retro's mystery game) Wii U has a great line up. Best out of ANY system launch.

i completely agree. beats out the dreamcast by miles ( regarding that is one of the best launches ever for most people)

Signature_Fox.png

#29 Tricky Sonic

Tricky Sonic

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,853 posts
  • NNID:Tricky
  • Fandom:
    Sega, Sonic, Warcraft, Final Fantasy

Posted 28 August 2012 - 10:15 AM

i completely agree. beats out the dreamcast by miles ( regarding that is one of the best launches ever for most people)

Hey now...I wouldn't get too carried away...lol
Posted Image
Check out my video game collection blog at http://genesaturn.blogspot.com/
Feel free to add me as a friend on your 3DS and Wii U as well - Friend Code = 1289-9502-7134 / Nintendo ID - Tricky

#30 Foot

Foot

• Members
  • 1,038 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 28 August 2012 - 10:21 AM

I would, lol

lol, they said the gamepad wasnt really made to be compatible with ue4

When? If they did then they'd always be able to use the Pro Controller!

#31 Crackkat

Crackkat

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,266 posts
  • Fandom:
    zelda mainly, most nintendo stuff too

Posted 28 August 2012 - 11:32 AM

I know alot of developers are excited for the wii u but Remendy confirmed that the specs for the PS4 and 790 are quote "A Quantum Leap" which has me extremly worried i mean the day Nintendo becomes a Third-party company is the day the gaming industry dies.

lolol dw at all. he didn't say the ps4 and 720 are a quantum leap, he said next gen would be. this could mean next gen PC games for all we know. anyway, quantum leap is totally personal opinion, there is no such number that defines it. if the xbox720 and ps4 are a quantum leap then u should be soo excited because that would mean the wii u will be as well cos the wii u won't be much weaker if at all than the competition.
Posted Image

#32 Robotic Sunshine Commander

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,350 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 11:54 AM

mario , pikmin, the best of third party, nintendo land, etc.

how not?
lol

Signature_Fox.png

#33 Tricky Sonic

Tricky Sonic

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,853 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 28 August 2012 - 12:07 PM

mario , pikmin, the best of third party, nintendo land, etc.

how not?
lol

Sorry I'm a huge Sega Fanboy :P. I only converted to Nintendo after their fall ...so call me biased ^_~

Edited by TrickySx4, 28 August 2012 - 12:08 PM.

Posted Image
Feel free to add me as a friend on your 3DS and Wii U as well - Friend Code = 1289-9502-7134 / Nintendo ID - Tricky

#34 Robotic Sunshine Commander

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,350 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 01:42 PM

Sorry I'm a huge Sega Fanboy :P. I only converted to Nintendo after their fall ...so call me biased ^_~

man i loved sega , even though i was very little when my parents got a saturn its one pf my faborite consoles ever! the games are so good.
nintendo is my favorite overall but sega and playstation are tied for second :) its great to see sega fans . i hope they will come back when they start getting more money on thier games :)

Signature_Fox.png

#35 Tricky Sonic

Tricky Sonic

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,853 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 28 August 2012 - 03:40 PM

man i loved sega , even though i was very little when my parents got a saturn its one pf my faborite consoles ever! the games are so good.
nintendo is my favorite overall but sega and playstation are tied for second :) its great to see sega fans . i hope they will come back when they start getting more money on thier games :)

I wouldn't hold my breath...I'd love to see some classic franchises on the Wii U , but after Sega exited the console market all their internal dev teams split apart.
Posted Image

#36 Robotic Sunshine Commander

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,350 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 03:43 PM

I wouldn't hold my breath...I'd love to see some classic franchises on the Wii U , but after Sega exited the console market all their internal dev teams split apart.

yah but then again they could hire new people because there strategy wasnt the best before for thier consoles lol

Signature_Fox.png

#37 Tricky Sonic

Tricky Sonic

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,853 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 28 August 2012 - 03:49 PM

yah but then again they could hire new people because there strategy wasnt the best before for thier consoles lol

Their strategy with the internal studio's was fine. They had tons of great games. Their strategy with their hardware....that was the problem..don't get me started or I will have a thesis in your inbox by tomorrow morning chronicling the downfall of Sega and why it happened!
Posted Image

#38 BanjoKazooie

BanjoKazooie

Witch Slayer

• Members
  • 1,258 posts
  • Fandom:
    LOZ, Mario, Elder Scrolls

Posted 28 August 2012 - 03:55 PM

I played the dreamcast once and thought it was pretty cool, although it didnt seem on par with GAmecube or Xbox

post-1466-0-36015200-1348103349.png

I was once known here as KillerMario, but since I really like Banjo-Kazooie, I changed my display name to show them my respect :)

#39 thehappening

thehappening

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 142 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 04:06 PM

very odd fearing a near bankrupt sony with non whats so ever hardware innovations and a failed move TUT TUT

Edited by thehappening, 28 August 2012 - 04:06 PM.

#40 Tricky Sonic

Tricky Sonic

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,853 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 28 August 2012 - 04:11 PM

very odd fearing a near bankrupt sony with non whats so ever hardware innovations and a failed move TUT TUT

Sony is in much more trouble than people realize. Vita still isn't picking up steam and is being outsold 10 to 1 by the 3DS just in Japan alone. PS3 has seen mediocre sales over the last 6 months compared to its high a year or so ago. Sony's TV and PC divisions are bleeding money. If the Playstation brand doesn't turn it around it can mean dire straits for them.
Posted Image

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Wii U, Xbox, PS4, Nintendo, Sony, Microsoft, 720, Specs, GPU

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!