SolxBurst

Okami Amaterasu

• Writers
  • 630 posts
  • NNID:SolxBurst
  • Fandom:
    Okami, Fire Emblem, Legend of Zelda

Posted 01 September 2012 - 04:12 PM

At PAX, Square Enix dropped the news for "Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII" but I will call it "Final Fantasy XIII-3".

The XIII-3 takes place 100 years after XIII-2 in an entirely new world known as "Novus". The battle system has been reworked to allow for a more involved battling experience with the ability to have a real time block. Also, the game centers itself around Lightning as the main and only character.

Now one of my favorite part is that the game is run on a sort of timer, you have to save the world from the moon that is falling from the sky in 3 days in 13 days for some undisclosed reason. The world is based off of a goth/mechanical/fantasy style (yeah, weird combo), and has towns and everything. But this game is very based around the time. If you use transportation, it may use time, if you die you have an option of getting a second chance if you use time, some attacks drain your time. This will most likely cause people to be more cautious in their attempt to beat this game.

"Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII" is set for release (fittingly) sometime in 2013. No consoles have been announced I believe, but it is safe to say it will be released for PS3 and Xbox 360 but maybe it will be released for Wii U. I can only hope.

Edited by SolxBurst, 01 September 2012 - 05:36 PM.

2jd1178.jpg

"...A well written villain is a hero in his/her own world..."

#2 Caius Casshern Sins

Caius Casshern Sins

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,263 posts
  • Fandom:
    Yu-Gi-Oh, Pokemon, Megaman, more.

Posted 01 September 2012 - 04:31 PM

I can't wait for the game
Posted Image
Co-Leader of the A.D.P.F
Lose yourself in battle, and rejoice
After War there is Death ~ Goddess Palutena, victory is ours
Yeah, you've done a great job so far, letting the Metal Heads destroy the palace.

#3 Mignaga

Mignaga

JOO TAKE MAH EMMERROWDS?!

• Members
  • 1,504 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zero Escape Metroid Madoka

Posted 01 September 2012 - 04:32 PM

I can't wait to play this, but the countdown idea sounds like it could be infuriating. What happens when you reach the final boss, but 2 seconds into the fight the countdown hits zero. Do I have to start the game over again, or will there be a way around this?

Mig_Sig.png

Be wary, the suck is coming.

#4 The Video Gamer

The Video Gamer

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 128 posts

Posted 01 September 2012 - 05:18 PM

Here's the entire presentation:

I'm also hoping this comes to the Wii U because the doomsday countdown concept sounds intriguing, the artwork looked glorious and the combat system sounds like it might be a mix of KH and FFXIII, plus the menus and customization would work perfectly on the Wii U Gamepad, so fingers crossed.

#5 SolxBurst

SolxBurst

Okami Amaterasu

• Writers
  • 630 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 01 September 2012 - 05:39 PM

I can't wait to play this, but the countdown idea sounds like it could be infuriating. What happens when you reach the final boss, but 2 seconds into the fight the countdown hits zero. Do I have to start the game over again, or will there be a way around this?

I'm sure they will work it in a manner where things like that wont happen. I'm really curious on how the story will work, and will there be ways to set the time back ala Majora's Mask.

2jd1178.jpg

#6 The Video Gamer

The Video Gamer

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 128 posts

Posted 01 September 2012 - 05:49 PM

I'm sure they will work it in a manner where things like that wont happen. I'm really curious on how the story will work, and will there be ways to set the time back ala Majora's Mask.

By doing actions such which help the world such as defeating monsters it'll put extra time on the clock since it's postponing Armageddon.

#7 Andy

Andy

The Ganon Slayer

• Members
  • 1,352 posts
  • NNID:Andyjoe522
  • Fandom:
    The Legend of Zelda

Posted 01 September 2012 - 06:11 PM

Needs more Ocarinas. :P
Posted Image

#8 Hank Hill

Hank Hill

Propaniac

• Moderators
  • 2,203 posts
  • NNID:GameCollector
  • Fandom:
    Professor Layton, inFAMOUS

Posted 01 September 2012 - 06:33 PM

As good as it is that they're announcing yet another FF game...this really strikes me as pathetic.

How about Square Enix finish Final Fantasy 13 Versus after five years rather than announcing a sequel to a sequel of what's considered one of the worst Final Fantasy titles' ever?

I know I'm probably going to catch a lot of flak for all that above, but that's how I feel about this.

Posted Image

Edited by GameCollector, 01 September 2012 - 06:33 PM.

GameZombie44.png

The post above was certified to be simply smashing by the Wii U Forum Staff.

http://www.ebay.com/...mecollector1982

#9 SolxBurst

SolxBurst

Okami Amaterasu

• Writers
  • 630 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 01 September 2012 - 08:11 PM

As good as it is that they're announcing yet another FF game...this really strikes me as pathetic.

How about Square Enix finish Final Fantasy 13 Versus after five years rather than announcing a sequel to a sequel of what's considered one of the worst Final Fantasy titles' ever?

I know I'm probably going to catch a lot of flak for all that above, but that's how I feel about this.

I understand your point and while I disagree with it being one of the worst Final Fantasy games, I do think that they should finish Versus XIII. But I don't understand why they can't do both. They have multiple teams and if they want someone to work on it, they will have them work on it, we never should think we can only have one or the other as gamers, but both. An example of this is the new XCOM games, 2K saw that people wanted a tactical game similar to the originals after they announced the shooter, and gave the development of a tactical XCOM to Fireaxis games, but 2K also saw the interest in the shooter and continued its production.

Edited by SolxBurst, 01 September 2012 - 08:12 PM.

2jd1178.jpg

#10 Caius Casshern Sins

Caius Casshern Sins

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,263 posts
  • Fandom:
    Yu-Gi-Oh, Pokemon, Megaman, more.

Posted 01 September 2012 - 08:55 PM

I think it is due to one final fantasy affecting the other in sells and the Versus team still want to continue working on the game.
Posted Image
Co-Leader of the A.D.P.F
Lose yourself in battle, and rejoice
After War there is Death ~ Goddess Palutena, victory is ours
Yeah, you've done a great job so far, letting the Metal Heads destroy the palace.

#11 Lord Pickleton

Lord Pickleton

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,188 posts
  • Fandom:
    Monster Hunter, Criterion, Codemasters

Posted 01 September 2012 - 08:58 PM

I'm a little late, but Kotaku had the same thought as me when I heard the name. Picture by Kotaku.

Posted Image

Edited by Michael Pachter, 01 September 2012 - 09:03 PM.

LordPickleton.png

#12 Noonabites

Noonabites

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 813 posts

Posted 03 September 2012 - 10:25 PM

They are killing FFXIII as quicker than FFVII.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Lightning, Returns, Final, Fantasy, final fantasy, 13, XIII, XIII-2, XIII-3

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!