• Please log in to reply
56 replies to this topic

#1 djlewe78

djlewe78

Blooper

• Members
  • 195 posts

Posted 02 September 2012 - 01:30 PM

I went into a big chain GAME store ;) to put down my holding deposit and was chatting to the manager as he took my £20 i thought id ask straight out how much it would be, (even though im aware we gotta wait till september) and to my surprise (expecting him to say "i dont know ") he just said " ONE HUNDRED AND NINETY NINE POUNDS" straight out ! I asked how he new he said they were told!!!! I suppose they mite no as if there takin money from us for deposits they must get asked a hell of a lot, and it only takes one nintendo rep who knows to much and talks alot to let slip there target price!

#2 Alianjaro

Alianjaro

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,317 posts
  • Fandom:
    Monster Hunter, Legend of Zelda

Posted 02 September 2012 - 01:39 PM

KEWL. This is the most reliable source about the Wii U's price. Thanks!
Posted Image

#3 The Lonely Koopa

The Lonely Koopa

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 617 posts
  • Fandom:
    Reggie's Body, Nintendo being doomed

Posted 02 September 2012 - 01:51 PM

I wished but I don't think so if would be a near insta buy if it was that cheep.

#4 BanjoKazooie

BanjoKazooie

Witch Slayer

• Members
  • 1,258 posts
  • Fandom:
    LOZ, Mario, Elder Scrolls

Posted 02 September 2012 - 02:05 PM

I hate rumors. I'm just gonna wait for official confirmation

Edited by KillerMario, 02 September 2012 - 03:54 PM.

post-1466-0-36015200-1348103349.png

I was once known here as KillerMario, but since I really like Banjo-Kazooie, I changed my display name to show them my respect :)

#5 Press

Press

Thwomp

• Members
  • 325 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Smash, FF, KH, Sonic

Posted 02 September 2012 - 02:06 PM

As much as it this would be extremely beneficial to my budget, this is unlikely to be an initial price. Nintendo could make so much more with a 300 mark because even THAT is cheap for the system's power and innovation.

#6 Robotic Sunshine Commander

Robotic Sunshine Commander

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,350 posts

Posted 02 September 2012 - 02:47 PM

if the system is 200 bucks than they must have ripped all of the new parts out and i wont be getting one because a 200 dollar console with such an innovative and prob expensive controller, wont have next gen capabilities.

but this isnt real so it will be next gen lol

Signature_Fox.png

#7 Jelloman

Jelloman

Spiny

• Members
  • 218 posts
  • NNID:dmanomic
  • Fandom:
    ZELDA mario metriod

Posted 02 September 2012 - 02:49 PM

this is pounds not dollars the pound is worth quite a bit more this is probably not true though a man told me 220-230 i reckon 250 in Europe and 300 in usa

1260993809_bouncing_jello_thumb.gif

#8 djlewe78

djlewe78

Blooper

• Members
  • 195 posts

Posted 02 September 2012 - 03:19 PM

When he said it i thought it was too cheap! i think it will be nintendos rrp but i wudnt be surprised if at the start retailers will try and squeeze another £29.99 out of us! Im still a bit weary of what he said but hey, hes the manager and his answer was very clear ????

#9 Tom

Tom

The Unicorn

• Members
  • 877 posts
  • NNID:IAmTom
  • Fandom:
    Animal Crossing

Posted 02 September 2012 - 03:28 PM

199 pounds = ~316 USD.

While it sounds accurate, we'll just have to wait for the conference for some double-confirmation.

"I'M NOT BEING PESSIMISTIC, I'M BEING REALISTIC." - EVERY PESSIMIST EVER.

#10 WisdomPowerCourage

WisdomPowerCourage

ZEWOP BOOPITY BOP!

• Members
  • 615 posts
  • Fandom:
    Cats Pajamas.

Posted 02 September 2012 - 03:45 PM

I'm tired of rumors, I'm just gonna wait.

#11 BanjoKazooie

BanjoKazooie

Witch Slayer

• Members
  • 1,258 posts
  • Fandom:
    LOZ, Mario, Elder Scrolls

Posted 02 September 2012 - 03:50 PM

if the system is 200 bucks than they must have ripped all of the new parts out and i wont be getting one because a 200 dollar console with such an innovative and prob expensive controller, wont have next gen capabilities.

but this isnt real so it will be next gen lol

It's 199£ which is $315 which sounds expensive actually.

Edited by KillerMario, 02 September 2012 - 03:53 PM.

post-1466-0-36015200-1348103349.png

I was once known here as KillerMario, but since I really like Banjo-Kazooie, I changed my display name to show them my respect :)

#12 Gimbal

Gimbal

Abscond

• Members
  • 475 posts
  • NNID:Savoir
  • Fandom:
    School Rumble

Posted 02 September 2012 - 03:58 PM

199 pounds = ~316 USD.

While it sounds accurate, we'll just have to wait for the conference for some double-confirmation.

Wasn't the 3DS 229£ at launch in Europe? There's no way Wii U will be less...

I think more is to be expected in Europe.

Edited by Symbol, 02 September 2012 - 04:01 PM.

"So if Zero Suit Samus is fanbait for guys, where is the fanbait for girls? Why isn’t Captain Falcon wearing a thong or sporting a chest twice the size of his last model? Why doesn’t Mario have an absurd crotch buldge holding in his 10 inch slice of manhood? Why doesn’t Yoshi look like a Fist of the North Starcharacter.

That, my friends, is why the design is sexist."~Angelo M. D'Argenio-4/17/2014

"Yes, because owning only 1 game in this series makes you qualified to have an opinion on it"~PyroKinesis-5/7/2014

"He is a game dev, critic, games media writer, and candidate for a phd by the way. So, LMFAO."~3Dude 9/4/2014

#13 Tom

Tom

The Unicorn

• Members
  • 877 posts
  • NNID:IAmTom
  • Fandom:
    Animal Crossing

Posted 02 September 2012 - 04:07 PM

Wasn't the 3DS 229£ at launch in Europe? There's no way Wii U will be less....

Ah, we'll I'm not familiar with how retail stores price their systems in Europe, being an American and all...

If the 3DS was 229£ launch in Europe, then I'd expect the WiiU to have a price of around 279£.

Edited by Tom, 02 September 2012 - 04:07 PM.

"I'M NOT BEING PESSIMISTIC, I'M BEING REALISTIC." - EVERY PESSIMIST EVER.

#14 unleashedknight

unleashedknight

Bob-omb

• Banned
  • 273 posts

Posted 02 September 2012 - 04:11 PM

315 Seems legit...

Edited by Brian, 02 September 2012 - 04:14 PM.

#15 Crackkat

Crackkat

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,266 posts
  • Fandom:
    zelda mainly, most nintendo stuff too

Posted 02 September 2012 - 04:13 PM

wow this is unbelievable!! last time i went to game to pre order the wii u they said they weren't taking pre orders and all i could do was register my interest so i did :P anyway i'm not going to doubt ur telling the truth at all, but i do think the employee may have made a mistake or that the price he was told isnt final. or GAME is scamming people to paying the deposit under the impression its worth 200 pounds then they will raise price later
Posted Image

#16 Robotic Sunshine Commander

Robotic Sunshine Commander

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,350 posts

Posted 02 September 2012 - 04:21 PM

but generally nintendo doesnt go by this from what i have noticed. but that makes alot of sense

Signature_Fox.png

#17 Gimbal

Gimbal

Abscond

• Members
  • 475 posts
  • NNID:Savoir
  • Fandom:
    School Rumble

Posted 02 September 2012 - 04:57 PM

Ah, we'll I'm not familiar with how retail stores price their systems in Europe, being an American and all...

If the 3DS was 229£ launch in Europe, then I'd expect the WiiU to have a price of around 279£.

I'm also American, but I see enough Europeans complaining about the prices they have to where I have some idea what it's like.
"So if Zero Suit Samus is fanbait for guys, where is the fanbait for girls? Why isn’t Captain Falcon wearing a thong or sporting a chest twice the size of his last model? Why doesn’t Mario have an absurd crotch buldge holding in his 10 inch slice of manhood? Why doesn’t Yoshi look like a Fist of the North Starcharacter.

That, my friends, is why the design is sexist."~Angelo M. D'Argenio-4/17/2014

"Yes, because owning only 1 game in this series makes you qualified to have an opinion on it"~PyroKinesis-5/7/2014

"He is a game dev, critic, games media writer, and candidate for a phd by the way. So, LMFAO."~3Dude 9/4/2014

#18 Mignaga

Mignaga

JOO TAKE MAH EMMERROWDS?!

• Members
  • 1,504 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zero Escape Metroid Madoka

Posted 02 September 2012 - 05:21 PM

A store manager shouldn't have that kind of information about it yet.

Mig_Sig.png

Be wary, the suck is coming.

#19 thehappening

thehappening

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 142 posts

Posted 02 September 2012 - 05:31 PM

hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm this exact story is the top of gonintendos lead web page by an american black guy stating 199.99 dollars and the exact same story but gamespot not game YOU HAVE SEEN THAT GUYS VIDEO AND PRETENDED IT WAS YOU THIS HAPPENED TO

THIS IS FAK HE IS TROLLING THE PROOF IS HERE HE WATCHED THIS THEN CAME HERE AND FAKE AZZED HIS ZHIT ON TO US

http://gonintendo.co...ory&id=184615�� liar liar bums on fire !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! give my regards to pinnochio

gamestop became game, usa became uk , dollars became pounds try harder next time you tell people lies LOL i gotcha fare and square dude

Edited by thehappening, 02 September 2012 - 05:50 PM.

#20 silverismoney

silverismoney

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 100 posts

Posted 02 September 2012 - 05:38 PM

http://gonintendo.co...story&id=184615 wait a second i just watched this video thanks for the link Audie ,,,seems someones telling porkys

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!