• Please log in to reply
80 replies to this topic

#21 nfzeta007

nfzeta007

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 05:01 PM

1. nintendo is working on a deal with Crytek to use it's Cryengine3 for their more advance graphical first party games( Zelda, Metroid, F-Zero, and Starfox). how do you guys think those franchises would run on the engine? I think more than any metroid would benefit from using cryengine 3 (and could take the series to the next level). we know the Wii U can support it as the CEO has said a 3rd party game is running cryengine 3 on Wii U and it's beautiful on it. I'm not sure what the Zelda HD experience was running on but it was beautiful. could this actually happen?

Really wish they would use the cryengine more for its destructible terrain than anything else and sort of bring back the old times with a lot of destructible entrances in the normally traversed ground and not only with ball paths as has been the norm since going 3D.

Well seeing how Metroid Prime 3 looked on the Wii for a 480p (max) system i would love to see the next Metroid they could either use the Cryengine 3 itself of just get help from Crytek with the game's personal engine, either way it would be awesome.

Edited by nfzeta007, 05 September 2012 - 04:59 PM.

#22 Soul

Soul

TYBG

• Members
  • 3,660 posts
  • Fandom:
    I ENJOY HIP HOP BEATS

Posted 05 September 2012 - 05:11 PM

there's alot of colorful games that use the unreal engine, i hate that stereotype -__-

on topic i think starfox + cryengine would be amazing

I'm not being a stereotype from studying both engines. I can say the lighting features are a tad better in Cryengine.

#23 neverwinteru

neverwinteru

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,159 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 05:56 PM

I'm not being a stereotype from studying both engines. I can say the lighting features are a tad better in Cryengine.

the lighting is defiantly better in cryengine but i was just stating that there are a lot of colorful unreal engine games.

#24 Soul

Soul

TYBG

• Members
  • 3,660 posts
  • Fandom:
    I ENJOY HIP HOP BEATS

Posted 05 September 2012 - 06:29 PM

the lighting is defiantly better in cryengine but i was just stating that there are a lot of colorful unreal engine games.

Well, I never said there wasn't. :unsure:

#25 neverwinteru

neverwinteru

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,159 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 07:25 PM

Well, I never said there wasn't. :unsure:

yea i see, i mistook your comparison to the cryengine. i thought you meant that the unreal engine didnt have colorful games.

#26 Smertrius

Smertrius

Thwomp

• Members
  • 342 posts
  • NNID:smertrius
  • Fandom:
    nintendo videogames,

Posted 02 March 2013 - 04:33 PM

Sniper: Ghost Warrior 2 for wii u March 12, 2013

http://en.wikipedia....Ghost_Warrior_2

#27 MorbidGod

MorbidGod

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,717 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 06:15 PM

I think this would be a good idea, and possible since EA is being a butt. Maybe CryTek wants to work with Nintendo.
Whovian12 -- Nintendo Network ID.

#28 Lebon14

Lebon14

Blooper

• Members
  • 183 posts
  • Fandom:
    Golden Sun and Touhou universe

Posted 02 March 2013 - 06:24 PM

Why do you necropost. Why?

WiiU NNID : Lebon14, Friend invites will be ignored. I must know you first.
♪Rocketman, your rocketman
Fly with me, to the moon, to the stars my heart
Rocketman, your rocketman
Take you higher
♫ - "Rocketman" by Mega NRG Man (Super Eurobeat 217)

#29 MorbidGod

MorbidGod

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,717 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 06:32 PM

Why do you necropost. Why?

Who are you talking to, and what is necropost?

#30 ChrisTerror

ChrisTerror

Blooper

• Members
  • 161 posts
  • NNID:ChrisTerror

Posted 02 March 2013 - 06:35 PM

This is all very much possible as Crytek has already made an official statement that they have their Cryengine running on the Wii U and stated that "it runs beautifully". They stated the Wii U is capable of running any engine currently available with the exception of unreal 4 although Epic has yet to confirm that claim. Found a couple of the quotes.. from about june...

"From my perspective I do not understand the public's concerns that the Wii U is weaker than PS3 and 360," said CEO Cevat Yerli. "From my perspective the Wii U is minimum as powerful as Xbox 360.

"My opinion of the Wii U is very high. It's just that we didn't have a business case unfortunately that justifies us making a game for it. It doesn't mean that CryEngine 3 doesn't run on Wii U -- it actually runs beautifully. In fact, there actually is a game in development from a respected developer that we will be announcing. I've seen the game running and it looks really great."

#31 Tacomywaffles

Tacomywaffles

Paragoomba

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 06:36 PM

what nintendo and crytek should do is take crysis 3 slap some new textures on it and release it under the name crisys. 

#32 ChrisTerror

ChrisTerror

Blooper

• Members
  • 161 posts
  • NNID:ChrisTerror

Posted 02 March 2013 - 06:37 PM

Who are you talking to, and what is necropost?

bumping an old post basically.... this was dead about september it looks like

#33 MorbidGod

MorbidGod

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,717 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 06:44 PM

bumping an old post basically.... this was dead about september it looks like

Okay thanks.

#34 Socalmuscle

Socalmuscle

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,677 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 09:32 PM

Nintendo and crytek. It already does work.

And the wii u can make cryengine look like it does on pc, not the watered down ps3 games.

Never heard the term nevropost before. But I like it. Lol.

It's going into my permanent online vocab now.

Edited by Socalmuscle, 02 March 2013 - 09:33 PM.

#35 PedanticGamer

PedanticGamer

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 370 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 10:08 PM

I think more then anything mention here, if consoles can support where crytek are heading. FTP (eg: warface) with integrated social features like gface. Will Nintendo let that be on the console (you load up gface then the game you want to play). If it was just licensing they wouldn't really be in talks, they would just agree on the licensing fees and condition's then use cryengine 3. I and anyone who can download around 1gb  can download and use the engine legally for free for example, its only costs you if you want to make sell what you make.

Nintendo and crytek. It already does work.

And the wii u can make cryengine look like it does on pc, not the watered down ps3 games.

Never heard the term nevropost before. But I like it. Lol.

It's going into my permanent online vocab now.

Sorry, the WiiU will not be able to run what Crysis 3 looks like at 1080p (or higher) at 60fps (or higher), therefore it will no look like it does on pc. If you don't believe me, thaty is what Cevat has said it is impossible  the CEO of the company who also is the director for the Crysis games.

Edited by PedanticGamer, 02 March 2013 - 10:10 PM.

#36 Socalmuscle

Socalmuscle

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,677 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 10:27 PM

I think more then anything mention here, if consoles can support where crytek are heading. FTP (eg: warface) with integrated social features like gface. Will Nintendo let that be on the console (you load up gface then the game you want to play). If it was just licensing they wouldn't really be in talks, they would just agree on the licensing fees and condition's then use cryengine 3. I and anyone who can download around 1gb can download and use the engine legally for free for example, its only costs you if you want to make sell what you make.

Sorry, the WiiU will not be able to run what Crysis 3 looks like at 1080p (or higher) at 60fps (or higher), therefore it will no look like it does on pc. If you don't believe me, thaty is what Cevat has said it is impossible the CEO of the company who also is the director for the Crysis games.

Interesting.

I seem to remember him saying a game was running in cryengine 3 on wii u looking great back before e3 2012. Abd that game had to have started on some pretty early hardware.

As far as crysis 3 on wii u at 1080p. No problem.

Heck even last years rumors had Wii u running one level in crysis 3 at with features at ultra settings. Lol.

But they aren't sure they can justify development costs for wii u yet.

#37 PedanticGamer

PedanticGamer

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 370 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 10:33 PM

Interesting.

I seem to remember him saying a game was running in cryengine 3 on wii u looking great back before e3 2012. Abd that game had to have started on some pretty early hardware.

As far as crysis 3 on wii u at 1080p. No problem.

Heck even last years rumors had Wii u running one level in crysis 3 at with features at ultra settings. Lol.

But they aren't sure they can justify development costs for wii u yet.

Sure believe what you want, the director has said a $500 console with current hardware running games like Crysis 3 can be on a powerfull pc is simply not possible. Yes CryEngine 3 will run on wiiU, but that doesn't mean you can run it all maxed out. Just the gpu you need to max out crysis 3 on pc will cost you over twice the total cost of a wiiU.

#38 routerbad

routerbad

Lakitu

• Section Mods
  • 2,013 posts
  • NNID:routerbad
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Halo, Star Trek

Posted 02 March 2013 - 11:00 PM

Sure believe what you want, the director has said a $500 console with current hardware running games like Crysis 3 can be on a powerfull pc is simply not possible. Yes CryEngine 3 will run on wiiU, but that doesn't mean you can run it all maxed out. Just the gpu you need to max out crysis 3 on pc will cost you over twice the total cost of a wiiU.

There is truth to this, not quite double the cost, but it does cost quite a bit to max out Crysis.  None of the consoles will see a maxed out crysis.

#39 PedanticGamer

PedanticGamer

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 370 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 11:55 PM

There is truth to this, not quite double the cost, but it does cost quite a bit to max out Crysis.  None of the consoles will see a maxed out crysis.

Well a 680 won't max Crysis 3 out, but Australia does pay more for gpu's then America etc so maybe that's the difference. But yeah, to max it out you need at least a 690 (at 1080p and 60fps) which in Australia that gpu is 3 to 4 times the cost of a wiiU (depending if you get the basic or deluxe version of the wiiU). :)

Edited by PedanticGamer, 02 March 2013 - 11:57 PM.

#40 routerbad

routerbad

Lakitu

• Section Mods
  • 2,013 posts
  • NNID:routerbad
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Halo, Star Trek

Posted 02 March 2013 - 11:57 PM

Well a 680 won't max Crysis 3 out, but Australia does pay more for gpu's then America etc so maybe that's the difference. But yeah, to max it out you need at least a 690 which in Australia that gpu is 3 to 4 times the cost of a wiiU (depending if you get the basic or deluxe version of the wiiU). :)

Yeah the only two cards that will max it out right now it seems are the 690 and the 7970, at least single card.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!