#1 Lord N

Lord N

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 72 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Metroid, Pokemon, Zero Escape

Posted 04 September 2012 - 11:24 AM

Hideo Kojima officially announced that Avi Arad will be producing a Metal Gear Solid movie. I'm not sure if a thread was made about this before. How do you guys feel about this movie adaptation? Do you think they'll make this movie full cgi or live action? A nickle for your thoughts...(cuz a penny is worth squat xD)

http://www.empireonl...y.asp?NID=35036
Free the pokemon!

"I cannot see the future yet... The world is still to be determined..."

#2 Tsuchinoko

Tsuchinoko

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 636 posts
  • Fandom:
    Dat Mario Kart Life.

Posted 04 September 2012 - 11:28 AM

I'm highly doubt this movie will be CGI. For something this big they would definitely want to go with live action. I just hope that the movie can capture the Metal Gear feel, which is not a heavily actiony style but more of a story driven one.

I have a feeling it will be butchered though. I'll still be there at midnight anyway.
zZJ9pHB.png
Special thanks to Horchata. I appreciate it so much.

#3 Noonabites

Noonabites

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 813 posts

Posted 04 September 2012 - 11:43 AM

I'm going to burn down Hollywood if this is complete CGI animation. It's sooooo unneeded for this kind of movie. It would cost to much anyway.

I agree with above though, I hope they capture the essence as well, or else this is just going to come off as another action film (despite it's convoluted story). Oh man, they are trending on really shaking territory here. I really hope they don't screw this up.

Which game do you think will be adapted into a film? Or will be a series of movies? Or will they pull an RE? Urghhhhh.. I hate when they release information without details > n <

#4 Tsuchinoko

Tsuchinoko

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 636 posts
  • Fandom:
    Dat Mario Kart Life.

Posted 04 September 2012 - 11:49 AM

I'm going to burn down Hollywood if this is complete CGI animation. It's sooooo unneeded for this kind of movie. It would cost to much anyway.

I agree with above though, I hope they capture the essence as well, or else this is just going to come off as another action film (despite it's convoluted story). Oh man, they are trending on really shaking territory here. I really hope they don't screw this up.

Which game do you think will be adapted into a film? Or will be a series of movies? Or will they pull an RE? Urghhhhh.. I hate when they release information without details > n <

I think they are going to do Metal Gear Solid. But as much as MGS3 is not my favorite game I do believe that it would have much more stablilty in being recreated into a movie.
zZJ9pHB.png

#5 Mignaga

Mignaga

JOO TAKE MAH EMMERROWDS?!

• Members
  • 1,504 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zero Escape Metroid Madoka

Posted 04 September 2012 - 11:52 AM

I want CGI. There are not enough cool CGI movies, and David Hayter is the only one who I will enjoy hearing as Snake. It probably will be live action though, which makes me sad.

Mig_Sig.png

Be wary, the suck is coming.

#6 Noonabites

Noonabites

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 813 posts

Posted 04 September 2012 - 11:54 AM

I think they are going to do Metal Gear Solid. But as much as MGS3 is not my favorite game I do believe that it would have much more stablilty in being recreated into a movie.

I would actually prefer if they started from the beginning, because attempting the hook people from MGS might force them to alter things fans will complain about.. (under the circumstances that this is going to be more than one movie, that is)

I want CGI. There are not enough cool CGI movies, and David Hayter is the only one who I will enjoy hearing as Snake. It probably will be live action though, which makes me sad.

lol, I think CGI in the style of something much like FFVI: Advent Children (not completely, but as in they don't look realistic).. That might work for MGS really well as they could get away with certain elements that wouldn't otherwise translate well on film... CGI in the realm of Bewolf though...

Edited by Noonabites, 04 September 2012 - 11:57 AM.

#7 Tsuchinoko

Tsuchinoko

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 636 posts
  • Fandom:
    Dat Mario Kart Life.

Posted 04 September 2012 - 12:03 PM

They need to make it live action with some beast lip syncing, that way we can get Hayter's voice and still have it look cool.

I wouldn't mind CGI but then it would feel like it is a long cutscene we are watching instead of a movie.
zZJ9pHB.png

#8 Big Boss

Big Boss

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,115 posts

Posted 04 September 2012 - 02:48 PM

Could care less if it's CGI or live action.
As long as it's good, I want to watch it.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: lord n

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!