Photo

I think I just found out the Wii U Launch info?

• Please log in to reply
50 replies to this topic

#1 Foot

Foot

The most badass sociopath to ever exist.

• Members
  • 1,038 posts
  • NNID:DPapcinEVO
  • Fandom:
    Sock Wars, Shoehorn Leghorn

Posted 04 September 2012 - 12:50 PM

Okay, so I just came back from GameStop to put more money down on Blops 2 CPE, AC3, and New Super Mario Bros U.

Luckily, I had the manager as my cashier, (my best GameStop worker friend, lol)

He asked me if I was going to get it on Black Friday. I told him that I would get it before, so that they weren't all sold out. He said that it's COMING OUT ON Black Friday at midnight. After my excitement, I asked him how he knows, to which he replied "I'm the Manager!" I then asked him how much and he said: $300.

Now where it gets interesting...

After all of the excitement after, and putting more money down he said that I have to come back on September 13 when they announce the other games. I asked him about some of the other games;

He said Medal of Honor: Warfighters there, Blops 2 (but everyone knew that lol), Hitman Absolution, Far Cry 3, and a bunch more 2013 titles

And now I proceed to fangasm. WOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOO
I am the foot. I do not like you. You smother me with socks and shoes, then step on me thousands of times a day.

We foot will rebel one day.

#2 storabajskorven

storabajskorven

Boo

• Members
  • 572 posts
  • NNID:Stranders

Posted 04 September 2012 - 01:07 PM

OK, I'm just thinking... if all these shop managers know all this, wouldn't some of it have leaked to the internet?

#3 Robotic Sunshine Commander

Robotic Sunshine Commander

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,350 posts

Posted 04 September 2012 - 01:08 PM

cool!

Signature_Fox.png

#4 Stephen

Stephen

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 290 posts
  • Fandom:
    mario, mariokart, minecraft

Posted 04 September 2012 - 01:12 PM

But i don't like any of these games (Medal of Honor: Warfighters there, Blops 2, Hitman Absolution, Far Cry 3) :(

Posted Image

PM me if you want to add me on 3ds

#5 Blake

Blake

Lakitu

• Banned
  • 2,197 posts

Posted 04 September 2012 - 01:13 PM

**Waits for official confirmation.**

#6 Foot

Foot

• Members
  • 1,038 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 04 September 2012 - 01:15 PM

But i don't like any of these games (Medal of Honor: Warfighters there, Blops 2, Hitman Absolution, Far Cry 3) :(

He said there is a bunch more 2012 and 2013

OK, I'm just thinking... if all these shop managers know all this, wouldn't some of it have leaked to the internet?

Well, it's leaking right now isn't it? I always have my doubts but the manager is pretty reliable and he's always give me the information before hand
I am the foot. I do not like you. You smother me with socks and shoes, then step on me thousands of times a day.

#7 Tsuchinoko

Tsuchinoko

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 636 posts
  • Fandom:
    Dat Mario Kart Life.

Posted 04 September 2012 - 01:18 PM

Hmmm, don't know whether to believe this or not. Black Friday as a release date? It would be hell and a half for people to get the system without some kind of incident, plus areas would be insanely packed due to regular Black Friday shoppers plus all the gamers waiting for the new system. Doesn't sound like a good date at all.

I'm not trying to say the OP is lying, somehow I doubt that. I think the Manager was just ill informed.
zZJ9pHB.png
Special thanks to Horchata. I appreciate it so much.

#8 storabajskorven

storabajskorven

Boo

• Members
  • 572 posts

Posted 04 September 2012 - 01:29 PM

He said there is a bunch more 2012 and 2013

Well, it's leaking right now isn't it? I always have my doubts but the manager is pretty reliable and he's always give me the information before hand

Yeah, all right, I have no reason not to believe you, I just found it a bit odd. If this rumour starts popping up everywhere now, I'll sure believe you.

#9 Crackkat

Crackkat

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,266 posts
  • Fandom:
    zelda mainly, most nintendo stuff too

Posted 04 September 2012 - 01:35 PM

well if true it confirms what i've been saying for ages!!! more unannounced third party games to be announced at 13th september!! woohoo :D so glad to hear this, i really want it to be true :) thanks for sharing (and hitman is awesome!!)

although i'm surprised to see far cry 3, u sure he said that? doesn't seem at all likely to me, they should have already announced that, then again they haven't announced splinter cell yet and im pretty sure thats coming to wii u

Edited by Crackkat, 04 September 2012 - 01:37 PM.

Posted Image

#10 Foot

Foot

• Members
  • 1,038 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 04 September 2012 - 01:40 PM

Hmmm, don't know whether to believe this or not. Black Friday as a release date? It would be hell and a half for people to get the system without some kind of incident, plus areas would be insanely packed due to regular Black Friday shoppers plus all the gamers waiting for the new system. Doesn't sound like a good date at all.

I'm not trying to say the OP is lying, somehow I doubt that. I think the Manager was just ill informed.

That's why I asked him if he was sure because I didn't want them to run out AT LAUNCH.

Yeah, all right, I have no reason not to believe you, I just found it a bit odd. If this rumour starts popping up everywhere now, I'll sure believe you.

Lol

well if true it confirms what i've been saying for ages!!! more unannounced third party games to be announced at 13th september!! woohoo :D so glad to hear this, i really want it to be true :) thanks for sharing (and hitman is awesome!!)

although i'm surprised to see far cry 3, u sure he said that? doesn't seem at all likely to me, they should have already announced that, then again they haven't announced splinter cell yet and im pretty sure thats coming to wii u

He said Far Cry 3, and that's been rumored for a while now, so...

#11 Noonabites

Noonabites

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 813 posts

Posted 04 September 2012 - 01:40 PM

...guess we'll see how right he was on September 13th... Anyone wanna place bets on authenticity? :D Hope it's true though!

#12 storabajskorven

storabajskorven

Boo

• Members
  • 572 posts

Posted 04 September 2012 - 01:44 PM

So... is this the Hitman Absolution version we're talking about...?

http://www.gamespot....unced-for-wii-u

#13 Tsuchinoko

Tsuchinoko

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 636 posts
  • Fandom:
    Dat Mario Kart Life.

Posted 04 September 2012 - 01:45 PM

...guess we'll see how right he was on September 13th... Anyone wanna place bets on authenticity? :D Hope it's true though!

I don't even care about any of those game supposedly coming out on the 13th. What I'm most interested in is that Black Friday WiiU release date. That is what worries me. Oh well, I'll find out soon enough at the Streetpass event.
zZJ9pHB.png

#14 Foot

Foot

• Members
  • 1,038 posts
  • Fandom:

So... is this the Hitman Absolution version we're talking about...?

http://www.gamespot.com/forums/topic/29203460/hitman-absolution-special-edition-announced-for-wii-u

Hair Editon? Lol

#15 HaoSenVastForest

HaoSenVastForest

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 686 posts
  • Fandom:
    Everything LoZ!!!

JUST A FEW MOAR DAYSH!

**Starts shaking in seat**

Posted Image

In a world of Gray and black there is nothing here to take back...

(Words from your local demon and leader of the army of darkness)

#16 unleashedknight

unleashedknight

Bob-omb

• Banned
  • 273 posts

Should i believe or shant i believe

#17 Deadly Virus

Deadly Virus

Boo

• Members
  • 598 posts
  • Fandom:
    3D Mario, Metroid, F-Zero, Pokémon, SSB

Posted 04 September 2012 - 01:53 PM

Never trust store managers when it comes to video games... Especially not Gamestop. I mean, not near Black Friday, but on it? Sounds like an absolutely hellish launch day to me...

The games he mentioned don't sound too far fetched though. I don't want to get my hopes up, but there's been a lot of rumours regarding new third party titles for Wii U recently and I can't help but think at least some of them will be unveiled on the 13th. ^_^

Posted Image

#18 Crackkat

Crackkat

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,266 posts
  • Fandom:
    zelda mainly, most nintendo stuff too

Posted 04 September 2012 - 01:59 PM

u can't be serious. if this isn't a leak on the internet then i don't know what is XP
Posted Image

#19 Tsuchinoko

Tsuchinoko

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 636 posts
  • Fandom:
    Dat Mario Kart Life.

Posted 04 September 2012 - 02:05 PM

Never trust store managers when it comes to video games... Especially not Gamestop. I mean, not near Black Friday, but on it? Sounds like an absolutely hellish launch day to me...

That's what I said. It would probably negatively affect sales to be released on the busiest shopping day of the year.
zZJ9pHB.png

#20 storabajskorven

storabajskorven

Boo

• Members
  • 572 posts

Posted 04 September 2012 - 02:09 PM

u can't be serious. if this isn't a leak on the internet then i don't know what is XP

Yeah yeah... I just meant that if game shop owners knew, everybody would knew immediately, and there would have been the same rumour all over the internet. But sure, the first post about the rumour would have to be somewhere, so why not here, right?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!