#2 Press

Press

Thwomp

• Members
  • 325 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Smash, FF, KH, Sonic

Posted 04 September 2012 - 11:00 PM

Yeah! Nick is back with some new swag! Too bad I don't have a 3DS. Oh wait, I have money...

#3 HaoSenVastForest

HaoSenVastForest

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 686 posts
  • Fandom:
    Everything LoZ!!!

Posted 05 September 2012 - 02:30 AM

Yeah! Nick is back with some new swag! Too bad I don't have a 3DS. Oh wait, I have money...

I have 3DS but no money.... :'(

Posted Image

In a world of Gray and black there is nothing here to take back...

(Words from your local demon and leader of the army of darkness)

#4 Joshua

Joshua

The Dovahkiin

• Members
  • 2,334 posts
  • NNID:JoshuaCM
  • Fandom:
    Anything Nintendo, Skyrim and more!

Posted 05 September 2012 - 02:50 AM

Man, I just opened up my news feed then I saw this news. I'm freaking out right now with glee! PHOENIX IS BACH!!!

Posted Image

Signature by Cerberuz

#5 Byakuya Togami

Byakuya Togami

Hallowed Be Thy Name

• Members
  • 276 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 10:19 AM

First 3DS game I've been excited for in a long time. Love Phoenix Wright.

#6 Lord N

Lord N

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 72 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Metroid, Pokemon, Zero Escape

Posted 05 September 2012 - 10:52 AM

Yeah can't wait til this comes out in America. The 3DS has some killer titles!
Free the pokemon!

"I cannot see the future yet... The world is still to be determined..."

#7 Mignaga

Mignaga

JOO TAKE MAH EMMERROWDS?!

• Members
  • 1,504 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zero Escape Metroid Madoka

Posted 05 September 2012 - 01:31 PM

I want to play a game in this series. I hope that it is beginner friendly in terms of story and gameplay.

Mig_Sig.png

Be wary, the suck is coming.

#8 Jakester897

Jakester897

Spiny

• Members
  • 216 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Zelda, puzzle games, Pikmin

Posted 05 September 2012 - 01:46 PM

Just glance at my avatar, and then try to determine how excited I am. Go on, I'll wait.
Posted Image
What we do is, if we ever need that extra push over the cliff, you know what we do?
We put the volume up to eleven. One louder.

#9 Noonabites

Noonabites

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 813 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 03:50 PM

New info from http://www.theverge....-new-characters

Phoenix Wright may have officially quit the lawyering business in the Ace Attorney game, but by the end of the game, there were certainly more than a few hints that he was coming back.
"I think players are wondering what happened to Phoenix afterward," said Capcom's Takeshi Yamazaki to Famitsu magazine, "and I think it's important that we depict what happened after Apollo Justice.

"The Phoenix you saw in that game was 33 years old, and this game takes place a year afterward he's back as a lawyer, and he brings a much more mature facade to his work. His design in the game tries to reflect this growth; he's got a vest on, he's unbuttoned his jacket, and overall he looks like he's a lot more comfortable up there."

Yamazaki is the story director on the new Ace Attorney 3DS game, the first details of which were announced in this week's Famitsu. He takes the place of Shu Takumi, chief writer for the series up to now. As producer Motohide Eshiro explained, Takumi is too busy right now leading up the Phoenix Wright vs. Professor Layton project.

Among the things Yamazaki and Eshiro discussed in their interview with Famitsu this week:
  • Phoenix's first case in the new Ace Attorney involves defending a sweet-looking little girl against accusations she set off a bomb that destroyed the courtroom where previous games have taken place. His first opposing prosecutor, the younger brother of Winston Payne: the punching bag that players have fought (and usually beaten soundly) in the first chapter of previous titles.

"He's a little bit more villainous than his brother," Yamazaki said, "the sort of guy who isn't afraid of using dirty tactics. Sort of a 'dark Payne,' in other words. The theme of this story overall is 'dark days in law'. Phoenix was talking about this in Apollo Justicea bit, along the lines of 'Dark days are coming for law, and we have to do something to fix it.' Partly because of that, this game begins with a courtroom bombing, to sort of symbolize that."
  • Instead of airheaded New Age channeler Maya Fey, Phoenix is assisted in this game by a new girl, clad in yellow, that hasn't been named publicly yet. What happened to Maya?

"Well, he she might be back at her home village for more training," Yamazaki laughed. "This new girl is certainly a key part of the story, but designing her was a pretty rough process. She looked almost alien-like at first, which was partly due to the fact that her background was a lot different than it is today. Yellow was always her theme color, though — she really has a drive to win, so in that respect she's a fair bit different than Maya."
  • Any other characters from previous games set to appear? "Well, the world setting is the same as the other Ace Attorney games," Eshiro noted, "so without going into detail on whether anyone appears or doesn't appear, I will say that the story is set in a world where they all exist."
  • Perhaps the largest shift from previous Ace Attorney games is that this title features full 3D graphics, allowing for the courtroom to be portrayed from any camera angle. The characters are fully 3D, too, although Yamazaki took pains to state that they will retain their 2D "touch."

"Part of the visual appeal of Ace Attorney stems from the fact that it's in 2D, after all," he explained. "We were limited in how many animation frames we could put in the first few games, so at first there were maybe only one or two variations on the 'Objection!' word balloon. That wound up giving the game this sense of speed and sharpness that we couldn't have gotten otherwise. To recreate that feel in 3D, we're deliberately messing with the pace, inserting pauses and skipping over other things. With 2D we played around with perspectives — drawing Phoenix's hand larger than usual when he's pointing at someone — and we're taking measures to recreate that sort of thing in 3D."
  • More details on the game, including Phoenix's assistant and a new gameplay system that gives him the ability to gauge witness's emotions in new ways, will be revealed at the Tokyo Game Show in a couple weeks.

"The overall plot is pretty much set in stone," Eshiro said, "and it looks like it'll be about as long as previous games. It's not too long, and it's not too short, I don't think. We're going to have a demo version at TGS that should pretty well encapsulate all of the fun new stuff we're trying out — it runs about 15 minutes, and I think it's really well put together."

Also, an iOS remastering for the original trilogy is being made with new artwork not on the DS..

#10 Caius Casshern Sins

Caius Casshern Sins

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,263 posts
  • Fandom:
    Yu-Gi-Oh, Pokemon, Megaman, more.

Posted 05 September 2012 - 04:05 PM

Now you can be excited for Ace Attorney 5, It is planned for the WESThttp://www.pocketgam...ews.asp?c=44720

Edited by Caius Casshern Sins, 05 September 2012 - 04:06 PM.

Posted Image
Co-Leader of the A.D.P.F
Lose yourself in battle, and rejoice
After War there is Death ~ Goddess Palutena, victory is ours
Yeah, you've done a great job so far, letting the Metal Heads destroy the palace.

#11 Xiombarg

Xiombarg

[Sample Text]

• Administrators
  • 1,816 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 05:38 PM

Maybe there is hope for a localization of Edgeworth 2 and Phoenix Wright vs. Prof Layton. Posted Image

Nah, Capcom wouldn't bother.

#12 Noonabites

Noonabites

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 813 posts

Posted 06 September 2012 - 10:55 AM

Maybe there is hope for a localization of Edgeworth 2 and Phoenix Wright vs. Prof Layton. Posted Image

Nah, Capcom wouldn't bother.

You... make me realize reality and push away all my hopes and dreams. Why do you do this?

--x--x--x--x--

New screenshots that don't look like crap: http://videogamewrit...reenshots-54158

Edited by Noonabites, 06 September 2012 - 10:55 AM.

#13 Nintendustin

Nintendustin

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 483 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 29 September 2012 - 09:01 PM

I just started playing AA. This is such an amazing game. Why am I so late on this? :)

#14 Alianjaro

Alianjaro

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,317 posts
  • Fandom:
    Monster Hunter, Legend of Zelda

Posted 30 September 2012 - 07:00 AM

You... make me realize reality and push away all my hopes and dreams. Why do you do this?

--x--x--x--x--

New screenshots that don't look like crap: http://videogamewrit...reenshots-54158

OBJECTION. There's always hope.
Posted Image

#15 Auzzie Wingman

Auzzie Wingman

Mournblade

• Members
  • 4,346 posts
  • NNID:AuzzieWingman
  • Fandom:
    Not enough space here

Posted 30 September 2012 - 08:08 AM

Do you also screw the rules?

Trophy Cards are classy too! LOLZIGZAGOON

AuzzieWingman.png

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Ace Attorney, OBJECTION, Noonabites

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!