• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#1 Oblivion165

Oblivion165

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 60 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 09:41 PM

Nintendo has never been one to offer many colors on launch consoles. This is understandable as more colors means more cost to them and its much faster to mass produce 1 of something than two of something. (also take into account the boxes etc etc)

If Nintendo were to do 3 different SKUs (I'll just call it versions from now on), that would be 6 different items to ship. This just doesn't seem likely in Nintendo's history. I propose that if there are indeed going to be 3 different versions shipped of the Wii U on launch day; that the Black WiiU would be in an Elite configuration.

$249 Wii U: White
$299 Wii U: White
$349 Wii U: Black

Posted Image

Similar to what Xbox did back in the day. This would cut it down to 3 items to produce and somehow just feels right (to me).

Just a thought.

Edited by Oblivion165, 07 September 2012 - 09:44 PM.

#2 Foot

Foot

The most badass sociopath to ever exist.

• Members
  • 1,038 posts
  • NNID:DPapcinEVO
  • Fandom:
    Sock Wars, Shoehorn Leghorn

Posted 08 September 2012 - 03:02 AM

Nintendo has never been one to offer many colors on launch consoles. This is understandable as more colors means more cost to them and its much faster to mass produce 1 of something than two of something. (also take into account the boxes etc etc)

If Nintendo were to do 3 different SKUs (I'll just call it versions from now on), that would be 6 different items to ship. This just doesn't seem likely in Nintendo's history. I propose that if there are indeed going to be 3 different versions shipped of the Wii U on launch day; that the Black WiiU would be in an Elite configuration.

$249 Wii U: White
$299 Wii U: White
$349 Wii U: Black

Posted Image

Similar to what Xbox did back in the day. This would cut it down to 3 items to produce and somehow just feels right (to me).

Just a thought.

I don't know, Nintendo probably knows that everyone wants it in Black so if they price it at the highest,well that won't go over well.

I think it'll be more like

$249.99 - Wii U, GamePad, Cords, Cradle
$299.99 - ^Above but with Nintendo Land
$349.99 - Wii U, GamePad, Cords, Cradle, 4 Pro Controllers

However I SERIOUSLY DOUBT that there will be more than one SKU, and it'll probably be priced at $299.99
I am the foot. I do not like you. You smother me with socks and shoes, then step on me thousands of times a day.

We foot will rebel one day.

#3 kris1206

kris1206

Blooper

• Members
  • 182 posts

Posted 08 September 2012 - 03:32 AM

I was thinking that the third version could be a Nintendo package with NSMBU, Nintendo land, pikmin 3, wii fit U, possibly zombiU seen as nintendo asked Ubisoft to make it and some pre installed games
Posted Image

#4 Nintendustin

Nintendustin

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 483 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 08 September 2012 - 04:50 AM

I hope they offer these bundles, but it's not a deal breaker.

#5 Crackkat

Crackkat

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,266 posts
  • Fandom:
    zelda mainly, most nintendo stuff too

Posted 08 September 2012 - 06:11 AM

that's a really good point oblivion165, there is no way they would ship 6 different models to every retailer so yes if its true that Wii U will have 3 different models (which is pretty much confirmed considering the source) then yes some of the models will have to be black and some will have to be white. maybe the cheapest is white, the most expensive is black and the one in between will come in both colours, that i could see happening but no more
Posted Image

#6 Expansion Pak

Expansion Pak

Enlightened Fanboy

• Members
  • 821 posts
  • NNID:Koopamann14
  • Fandom:
    Pokemon the Series: XY and PS4

Posted 08 September 2012 - 06:39 AM

I hope Nintendo Land is a pack in game in every version but if it can't then I just think that there should be 2 versions:

$249-Wii U system and Gamepad(white and black)

$299-Wii U system, Gamepad, Nintendo Land (white and black)

I shower you with coconut cream pies.

#7 Nintendustin

Nintendustin

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 483 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 08 September 2012 - 06:42 AM

I think Nintendo Land should be with every bundle.

#8 Tricky Sonic

Tricky Sonic

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,853 posts
  • NNID:Tricky
  • Fandom:
    Sega, Sonic, Warcraft, Final Fantasy

Posted 08 September 2012 - 07:04 AM

I think Nintendo Land should be with every bundle.

I second that brother. We will find out for sure soon enough.
Posted Image
Check out my video game collection blog at http://genesaturn.blogspot.com/
Feel free to add me as a friend on your 3DS and Wii U as well - Friend Code = 1289-9502-7134 / Nintendo ID - Tricky

#9 Nintendustin

Nintendustin

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 483 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 08 September 2012 - 07:06 AM

I second that brother. We will find out for sure soon enough.

Think of those struggling families who want to get a Wii U for their kid(s), Nintendo needs to offer something to play. Example: Wii Sports.

#10 Tricky Sonic

Tricky Sonic

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,853 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 08 September 2012 - 07:09 AM

Think of those s

truggling families who want to get a Wii U for their kid(s), Nintendo needs to offer something to play. Example: Wii Sports.

Oh No you didn't. Kids have there parent banks. Think about all the poor gamers who can only afford the system!
Posted Image
Feel free to add me as a friend on your 3DS and Wii U as well - Friend Code = 1289-9502-7134 / Nintendo ID - Tricky

#11 Nintendustin

Nintendustin

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 483 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 08 September 2012 - 07:10 AM

Oh No you didn't. Kids have there parent banks. Think about all the poor gamers who can only afford the system!

Actually, you're right. I need to buy a new TV soon. I'm going to be... broke.

#12 gregoryorizal

gregoryorizal

Spiny

• Members
  • 211 posts

Posted 08 September 2012 - 10:49 AM

I don't really like the rumored SKUs and I think there should only be one bundle. A black or white Wii U with a Gamepad, Wiimote Plus, and Nintendo Land. It's simple and it should please most everyone who's interested in the system
Posted Image

#13 BanjoKazooie

BanjoKazooie

Witch Slayer

• Members
  • 1,258 posts
  • Fandom:
    LOZ, Mario, Elder Scrolls

Posted 08 September 2012 - 11:31 AM

I think the system will have a white it black wii u with gamepad and pro with charging cradle for a price of 349.99

post-1466-0-36015200-1348103349.png

I was once known here as KillerMario, but since I really like Banjo-Kazooie, I changed my display name to show them my respect :)

#14 Tricky Sonic

Tricky Sonic

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,853 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 08 September 2012 - 11:35 AM

I don't really like the rumored SKUs and I think there should only be one bundle. A black or white Wii U with a Gamepad, Wiimote Plus, and Nintendo Land. It's simple and it should please most everyone who's interested in the system

I don't agree with a one bundle model at all, unless It's a cheaper $249.99 bare bundle. Not everyone has $350 to put down on a system bundle. At least having 2 bundles caters to a broader range of gagamers.
Posted Image

#15 Mignaga

Mignaga

JOO TAKE MAH EMMERROWDS?!

• Members
  • 1,504 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zero Escape Metroid Madoka

Posted 08 September 2012 - 01:05 PM

I love the idea of multiple SKUs. Nintendo hasn't really experimented with this kind of thing, and I think it will work out well for them.

Mig_Sig.png

Be wary, the suck is coming.

#16 Tsuchinoko

Tsuchinoko

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 636 posts
  • Fandom:
    Dat Mario Kart Life.

Posted 08 September 2012 - 01:17 PM

I like the idea also. I will probably be taking advantage of one of those bundles. And having more options is always better.
zZJ9pHB.png
Special thanks to Horchata. I appreciate it so much.

#17 gregoryorizal

gregoryorizal

Spiny

• Members
  • 211 posts

Posted 08 September 2012 - 01:39 PM

I don't agree with a one bundle model at all, unless It's a cheaper $249.99 bare bundle. Not everyone has $350 to put down on a system bundle. At least having 2 bundles caters to a broader range of gagamers.

I was thinking that 1 bare bundle would be fine for most people and whoever wants more can just get it separately. But having those separate things in a bundle for the other people would be a good thing. I just said 1 single bundle to make it as easy and simple as possible when people who aren't really gamers buy it. It made sense to me at the time

Edited by gregoryorizal, 08 September 2012 - 01:41 PM.

Posted Image

#18 Nintendustin

Nintendustin

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 483 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 08 September 2012 - 01:59 PM

Multiple price bundles, whether two or three, is a very smart when it comes to business. It will sell more, no doubt.

#19 Abcdude

Abcdude

Cool Dude of Letters

• Members
  • 1,239 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendough and Gravy Falls

Posted 08 September 2012 - 03:06 PM

$100 extra for black? I dunno, only thing I can think of with the SKU's is

$250 Wii U, 8GB console, gamepad
$299 Wii U, 160GB console, gamepad and nintendo land
$349 Wii U, 250 GB console, gamepad, nintendo land and a pro controller.

794144.png?13383682

#20 Tsuchinoko

Tsuchinoko

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 636 posts
  • Fandom:
    Dat Mario Kart Life.

Posted 08 September 2012 - 03:11 PM

The standard console only has 8 GB of HDD space. Guess we are not installing games which is good and we won't be getting crazy charged for memory.
zZJ9pHB.png
Special thanks to Horchata. I appreciate it so much.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!