Photo

Does anybody know a ps3 or 360 owner thats going to convert to wii u?

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#1 djlewe78

djlewe78

Blooper

• Members
  • 195 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 07:49 AM

I am first inline for a wii u, but nintendo wants to win back some core gamers. So simply do u know a ps3 or xbox owner willing to embrace nintendo? Have they done enough to reach out and convert the consumers they are trying to win over? And what more can they do?

#2 Alph

Alph

Koppai's Best

• Members
  • 1,246 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 08:32 AM

All my real friends are silly ponys and won't go for anything but Xbox. Anyone else I know said it was rubbish. I might try and persuade my brother to get some games on there though.

Hi, my name is Alph. I live on a planet named Koppai. I am famous for saving my planet from starvation. My best friends are Brittany and Captain Olimar, NOT Captain Charlie. I like surfing the KopNet and playing Kopetball.

#3 iShuys

iShuys

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 62 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 09:30 AM

I am a PS3 user and I am planning to move to the Wii U. I've always been a Nintendo fan and the lure of Nintendo Network and Mario is too much for me :P and it's just a new, fresh and exciting prospect, the PS3 feels so old now. I know my time on the Wii U will the best of all my time playing online. Look forward to playing with some of you online :D

#4 Oblivion165

Oblivion165

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 60 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 09:43 AM

I don't know why you would need to convert anything, just add it next to your PS3/360 and keep on playing. I have every Microsoft/Nintendo/Sony/Sega console ever made all enjoying the same space. (Virtual boy is a little lonely though)

#5 Stephen

Stephen

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 290 posts
  • Fandom:
    mario, mariokart, minecraft

Posted 10 September 2012 - 10:03 AM

All my real friends are silly ponys and won't go for anything but Xbox. Anyone else I know said it was rubbish.

I agree, Half my friends don't even know what a WiiU is. Also They think its going to be underpowered and they don't like the controller, I don't think they know much about it.

Edited by stephen, 10 September 2012 - 10:04 AM.

Posted Image

PM me if you want to add me on 3ds

#6 Crackkat

Crackkat

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,266 posts
  • Fandom:
    zelda mainly, most nintendo stuff too

Posted 10 September 2012 - 10:31 AM

yes i have one friend who never owned a nintendo console and loves his xbox360 but that dude has fallen in love with the wii u and after he saw the amazing launch lineup he is confident it will recieve the support he wants from third parties. he mainly loves the controller, that's what got his attention and the lineup is what has got him really really looking forward to it :D he is mainly interested in third party games as nintendo's first party stuff doesn't interest him that much
Posted Image

#7 Lord Pickleton

Lord Pickleton

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,188 posts
  • Fandom:
    Monster Hunter, Criterion, Codemasters

Posted 10 September 2012 - 10:34 AM

I won't try to convert him just get him to buy one too.

LordPickleton.png

#8 Robotic Sunshine Commander

Robotic Sunshine Commander

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,350 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 10:37 AM

Almost all my logical xbox friends are getting one eventually. as they has said multiple times lol. alot of people including me are sick of this gen and just want it to be over because of the huge amounts of carp games on all consoles because budgets were so high.

Signature_Fox.png

#9 skiesfallsdown

skiesfallsdown

Paragoomba

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 11:22 AM

I'm a ps3 user and I'm thinking about change it for a wiiu since ever, but I always liked Nintendo. But I'm not sure yet... I want gta5 and we are not sure if we will get it on wiiu....

#10 Zonark

Zonark

Blooper

• Members
  • 199 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 11:44 AM

I don't know why you would need to convert anything, just add it next to your PS3/360 and keep on playing. I have every Microsoft/Nintendo/Sony/Sega console ever made all enjoying the same space. (Virtual boy is a little lonely though)

as do I and I must agree why not just add too

#11 skiesfallsdown

skiesfallsdown

Paragoomba

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 12:00 PM

In my case im not rich as you must be. Im happy with a console and a handheld, even if i had money to spend i wouldn't

#12 Robotic Sunshine Commander

Robotic Sunshine Commander

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,350 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 12:04 PM

In my case im not rich as you must be. Im happy with a console and a handheld, even if i had money to spend i wouldn't

me too man

Signature_Fox.png

#13 JaylisJayP

JaylisJayP

Spiny

• Members
  • 243 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 12:15 PM

I agree, Half my friends don't even know what a WiiU is. Also They think its going to be underpowered and they don't like the controller, I don't think they know much about it.

Funny I know a lot about it and I feel the same way.

#14 The Video Gamer

The Video Gamer

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 128 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 12:39 PM

I've persuaded two 360 owners and one PS3 owner to buy a Wii U.

#15 nintendo3DS

nintendo3DS

Pokemon Master

• Members
  • 1,624 posts
  • Fandom:
    Pokemon, FF XIII trilogy

Posted 10 September 2012 - 12:39 PM

All my real friends are silly ponys and won't go for anything but Xbox. Anyone else I know said it was rubbish. I might try and persuade my brother to get some games on there though.

HAH. Well that explains your status update. Because you constantly hear about XBL. SMH.

But yeah I have a PS3 and 360, and my brother has a PS3. We're both getting Wii U, plus my two friends is getting one.

Edited by nintendo3DS, 10 September 2012 - 12:39 PM.

#16 BanjoKazooie

BanjoKazooie

Witch Slayer

• Members
  • 1,258 posts
  • Fandom:
    LOZ, Mario, Elder Scrolls

Posted 10 September 2012 - 12:58 PM

I don't know anyone who is completely converting, but info know several who will be getting it to play first
Party classics. Maybe the will see some superior graphics when the play mine with the ports and they will convert fully though.

post-1466-0-36015200-1348103349.png

I was once known here as KillerMario, but since I really like Banjo-Kazooie, I changed my display name to show them my respect :)

#17 Colinx

Colinx

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,301 posts
  • Fandom:
    Animal Crossing & SeaWorld

Posted 10 September 2012 - 01:08 PM

I've recently joined the Nintendo band wagon. I've always had Nintendo devices such as Wii, Gamecube, DS, SNES and a few others but I used to never have a choice of which console I wanted to play on because I was so young. Then a few years ago, I got an XBOX because all of my cousins and brother had one and I was stuck playing Call Of Duty on my Wii by myself. (NO FUN!) So then I got my own XBOX 360 and now im going back to Nintendo.

Edited by Colinx, 10 September 2012 - 01:22 PM.

2lvmghw.png

#18 Tricky Sonic

Tricky Sonic

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,853 posts
  • NNID:Tricky
  • Fandom:
    Sega, Sonic, Warcraft, Final Fantasy

Posted 10 September 2012 - 01:17 PM

Most people I know are pretty excited..some are on the fence..but no one has been bashing it. But seriously..I don't see a need for conversion...more like acceptance since you can own multiple systems...

Good to see another collector on here. Virtual Boy is the only nintendo device next to the N64DD that I don't own...between me and Sushi we have everything else.

Edited by TrickySx4, 10 September 2012 - 01:18 PM.

Posted Image
Check out my video game collection blog at http://genesaturn.blogspot.com/
Feel free to add me as a friend on your 3DS and Wii U as well - Friend Code = 1289-9502-7134 / Nintendo ID - Tricky

#19 Nintendustin

Nintendustin

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 483 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 10 September 2012 - 01:38 PM

I've played and owned all systems and am going U only, minus PC and 3DS.

#20 thehappening

thehappening

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 142 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 02:10 PM

lol there insane morons, i dont care what they buy ........the im hardcore excuse is gut burstingly funny ,ms/sony are so far behind and obsolete i find the term hardcore down right lying there sad act little sados who beleive anything mr industry says

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!