Photo

Wohoo! More rumours from an "anonymous source"!

• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

#21 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 02:53 PM

Posted Image

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#22 Robotic Sunshine Commander

Robotic Sunshine Commander

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,350 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 03:01 PM

Posted Image

lol PROOF

http://www.ign.com/boards/threads/confirmed-wii-us-gpu-far-superior-to-360-ps3-uses-directx-11-compute-shaders.452561098/

Signature_Fox.png

#23 WisdomPowerCourage

WisdomPowerCourage

ZEWOP BOOPITY BOP!

• Members
  • 615 posts
  • Fandom:
    Cats Pajamas.

Posted 11 September 2012 - 03:18 PM

My Anonymous source told me the Wii U was powered by a potato.

My Anonymous source told me its being made by Burger King.

Posted Image

All hail Watson.

#24 Usman Mohammad

Usman Mohammad

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 350 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 03:22 PM

VG Leaks first post was on 4th June 2012, and they've only got a page of "leaks", though bearing in mind these are just repeating the leaks back from pre-E3 2011, tri core CPU, R700 GPU. Nothing new, and to think news blogs are giving publicity to this site as a source.

There is no credibility with that site.

#25 BanjoKazooie

BanjoKazooie

Witch Slayer

• Members
  • 1,258 posts
  • Fandom:
    LOZ, Mario, Elder Scrolls

Posted 11 September 2012 - 05:05 PM

“Espresso” CPU on the Wii U has three enhanced Broadway cores

GPU:

“GPU7” AMD Radeon™-based High Definition GPU. Unique API = GX2, which supports Shader Model 4.0 (DirectX 10.1 and OpenGL 3.3 equivalent functionality)

Memory:

Mem1 = 32MB Mem2 = 1GB (that applications can use)

Storage:

Internal 8 GB with support for SD Cards (SD Cards up to 2GB/ SDHC Cards up to 32GB) and External USB Connected Hard Drives

Networking:

802.11 b/g/n Wifi

Video Output:

Supports 1080p, 1080i, 720p, 480p and 480i

Video Cables Supported:

Compatible cables include HDMI, Wii D-Terminal, Wii Component Video, Wii RGB, Wii S-Video Stereo AV and Wii AV.

USB:

Four USB 2.0

LOL WIIBOY101 WOULD LOVE TO SAY HI THE CPU IS TRI CORE POWERPC 400 BROADWAY-FIED LOL @ POWER7 FANBOYS ITS THE EXACT CPU WIIBOY STATED 2 YEARS AGO POWERPC 32 BIT 400 SERIES WITH BROADWAYCORES

ALL THE SANE FANS ALREADY NEW THIS IM GOING FOR 1.6GHZ CPU AND 800MHZ GPU

THEY ARE THE SPECS GET USED TO IT POWER 7 IS ONLY IN YOUR OWN INSANITY

HOW MANY TIMES DID I WORN U

Im not talking about a power7 vs PowerPC. I honestly could care less which one it is because its custom designed, architecturally similar to one of those, but custom. so whether it is 7 or PC it will be designed to fit the purpose of the system which is to support two gamepads whilst processing a video game. EITHER WAY it will work to fit the purpose and it will be powerful. End of story, please stop stating Power7 is fanboy thinking because what your doing is trolling and after your 700th time saying it I think we got your message.

post-1466-0-36015200-1348103349.png

I was once known here as KillerMario, but since I really like Banjo-Kazooie, I changed my display name to show them my respect :)

#26 Socalmuscle

Socalmuscle

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,677 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 06:10 PM

Im not talking about a power7 vs PowerPC. I honestly could care less which one it is because its custom designed, architecturally similar to one of those, but custom. so whether it is 7 or PC it will be designed to fit the purpose of the system which is to support two gamepads whilst processing a video game. EITHER WAY it will work to fit the purpose and it will be powerful. End of story, please stop stating Power7 is fanboy thinking because what your doing is trolling and after your 700th time saying it I think we got your message.

The sad thing is, if ms or Sony had IBM stating they were using power7, everyone would be "of course they are. It's awesome!"

But because it's Nintendo and people PERCEIVE them as low tech, it's wishful thinking, despite power 7 tech being public knowledge forever.

Pure silliness when it comes to console war speculation.

#27 Nintendustin

Nintendustin

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 483 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 11 September 2012 - 06:46 PM

That's just the way it is. People are weird.

#28 Noonabites

Noonabites

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 813 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 10:22 PM

The sad thing is, if ms or Sony had IBM stating they were using power7, everyone would be "of course they are. It's awesome!"

But because it's Nintendo and people PERCEIVE them as low tech, it's wishful thinking, despite power 7 tech being public knowledge forever.

Don't know much about techy stuff at all, but I will agree with how people perceive Nintendo statement. Honestly, that truth makes me quite sad :[

#29 Joshua

Joshua

The Dovahkiin

• Members
  • 2,334 posts
  • NNID:JoshuaCM
  • Fandom:
    Anything Nintendo, Skyrim and more!

Posted 11 September 2012 - 10:44 PM

My Anonymous source told me the Wii U was powered by a potato.

Be quiet Pachter or i'll make a topic about this comment! :P

Posted Image

Signature by Cerberuz

#30 Noonabites

Noonabites

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 813 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 10:44 PM

Be quiet Pachter or i'll make a topic about this comment! :P

I think he meant to say Pickle*

#31 thehappening

thehappening

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 142 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 11:31 PM

LOL TWITTER IS PROOF LOL AT THE 11 YEAR OLD VIEW OF THE WORLD LOL

powerpc 400 series broadway cores 3x core around 5 watts power use BUT TO INSANE LITTLE 11 YEAR OLDS ITS A 3XCORE POWER 7 WITH 100 WATTS POER USEAGE LOL

#32 Usman Mohammad

Usman Mohammad

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 350 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 11:42 PM

LOL TWITTER IS PROOF LOL AT THE 11 YEAR OLD VIEW OF THE WORLD LOL

powerpc 400 series broadway cores 3x core around 5 watts power use BUT TO INSANE LITTLE 11 YEAR OLDS ITS A 3XCORE POWER 7 WITH 100 WATTS POER USEAGE LOL

What are you on about? If you claim one of IBM's official (yes official) twitter accounts isn't a credible source then how the hell is VGleaks who has only posted these so called "leaks" since 4th June 2012, and has only one page of content with no credibility, I don't get why people will believe a source that is in no way credible and yet not believe an official response from IBM.

#33 thehappening

thehappening

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 142 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 01:27 AM

wiiu cpu is as wiiboy101 stated it was 2 years or so ago with this edram catch thats the FACT of the matter crying will not bring dead mummy back will it so stop sniffling and grow up a wii bit !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

powerpc 32 bit 45nm SMP thats simutalious multi processor to those who dont know 400 family that used to be along side the 750 family but now replaces it so wiiu went from powerpc 750 to 400 family but there still broadway - fied cores now with a custom 3mb catch

thats the wiiu cpu SO END THE SILLYNESS

#34 Keviin

Keviin

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,270 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Metroid, Resident Evil

Posted 12 September 2012 - 01:46 AM

Anonymous leaks.

LOL

Though this seems about right, I'll wait until someone actually takes it apart. Or with wishful thinking: tomorrow.

But it's a day before a big conference, so "leaks" should be expected a lot until then.
No sig.

#35 Eskimo_sam

Eskimo_sam

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 259 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 01:52 AM

i think its right it is nintendo not sony or ms lol

#36 BanjoKazooie

BanjoKazooie

Witch Slayer

• Members
  • 1,258 posts
  • Fandom:
    LOZ, Mario, Elder Scrolls

Posted 12 September 2012 - 02:36 AM

What are you on about? If you claim one of IBM's official (yes official) twitter accounts isn't a credible source then how the hell is VGleaks who has only posted these so called "leaks" since 4th June 2012, and has only one page of content with no credibility, I don't get why people will believe a source that is in no way credible and yet not believe an official response from IBM.

It isn't an official source, his official source is wiiboy101. Which we all know is very credible information."troll face"

post-1466-0-36015200-1348103349.png

I was once known here as KillerMario, but since I really like Banjo-Kazooie, I changed my display name to show them my respect :)

#37 Andy

Andy

The Ganon Slayer

• Members
  • 1,352 posts
  • NNID:Andyjoe522
  • Fandom:
    The Legend of Zelda

Posted 12 September 2012 - 02:54 AM

wiiu cpu is as wiiboy101 stated it was 2 years or so ago with this edram catch thats the FACT of the matter crying will not bring dead mummy back will it so stop sniffling and grow up a wii bit !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

powerpc 32 bit 45nm SMP thats simutalious multi processor to those who dont know 400 family that used to be along side the 750 family but now replaces it so wiiu went from powerpc 750 to 400 family but there still broadway - fied cores now with a custom 3mb catch

thats the wiiu cpu SO END THE SILLYNESS

Posted Image

#38 Eskimo_sam

Eskimo_sam

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 259 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 03:03 AM

lmao that was so funny

#39 00stevo

00stevo

Shy Guy

• Members
  • 30 posts
  • Fandom:
    Resi,Halo,Metroid,Mario

Posted 12 September 2012 - 04:51 AM

What im really looking forward to,is that according to 'thehappening',the Wii-U can play 'catch'.

This is going to be the killer feature of the console,and sons and fathers the world over will rejoice.

Now all Nintendo needs to do is make the Wii-U grow legs so it can play football,but they might save that for next gen.

They can coin it 'catchball'.

#40 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 08:20 AM

VGleaks anonymous source was neogaf poster 'arkham'.

They apparently simply copy pasted his post.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!