Photo

The Crap That GameStop Gives Me (and Other People)

• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

#21 Nintendustin

Nintendustin

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 483 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 11 September 2012 - 05:16 PM

I actually believe this cause your talking about a store, that when you buy a $60 item, they offer you $5.

QFT~! However, you have to wait for there cigarette break to end first.

#22 BanjoKazooie

BanjoKazooie

Witch Slayer

• Members
  • 1,258 posts
  • Fandom:
    LOZ, Mario, Elder Scrolls

Posted 11 September 2012 - 05:19 PM

WOW, I hate gamestop, they said the wii U was going to be a less version of the PS3 with a DS for a controller. And then they went on to say that the wii u was going to have no third party support and all it was getting was 1st and 2nd party games. ANd then I said what about ZOmbiU and he said "ZombiU is being developed by nintendo, so it is a 1st party game", so I walked out of the store angry as a person can be

post-1466-0-36015200-1348103349.png

I was once known here as KillerMario, but since I really like Banjo-Kazooie, I changed my display name to show them my respect :)

#23 Mitch

Mitch

Dingus

• Members
  • 1,839 posts
  • NNID:Mitch13pavel
  • Fandom:
    Mitch :3

Posted 11 September 2012 - 05:21 PM

When having a chat with a GameStop employee a couple weeks ago, he said that the quantities of the Wii U would be very limited. Funny thing, other GameStop employees actually told me the same thing for Ocarina of Time 3D, Mario Kart 7, and Super Mario 3D Land. (I was actually told that OoT 3D would be on shelves for a limited time, and that I pre-ordered the last copy that they are going to get in the first shipping.)

Earlier today, I saw that people are asking their local GameStops for info on the Wii U, and getting told that there will be very limited quantities. I just wanted to say, this is a bunch of bullcrap. GameStop says these things to get you to pre-order. As I said before, GameStop tells people this for most, if not all, major Nintendo products.

(This whole thread might sound stupid to you, but I really don't want to see people ranting on this forum.)

Nintendo is going to release it in limited quantities at a time, its gonna be right before black friday/ christmas shopping and they will release enough that they will still sell alot but not enough where everyone who wants one will get one, this will cause tons of publicity and press and is an excellent marketing strategy

#24 Tsuchinoko

Tsuchinoko

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 636 posts
  • Fandom:
    Dat Mario Kart Life.

Posted 11 September 2012 - 05:48 PM

WOW, I hate gamestop, they said the wii U was going to be a less version of the PS3 with a DS for a controller. And then they went on to say that the wii u was going to have no third party support and all it was getting was 1st and 2nd party games. ANd then I said what about ZOmbiU and he said "ZombiU is being developed by nintendo, so it is a 1st party game", so I walked out of the store angry as a person can be

Sometimes I think they just hire people to run the store. I bet you don't even have to have knowledge about gaming at all. As long as you're a pretty/handsome face then you can get a job at Gamestop. Most employees I have encountered in Gamestops in NY are just plain dumb and don't know crap. Sad really. That's why I go to privately owned shops. They are nice, cool and know everything. And if one person doesn't know something then the other guy will.
zZJ9pHB.png
Special thanks to Horchata. I appreciate it so much.

#25 Expansion Pak

Expansion Pak

Enlightened Fanboy

• Members
  • 821 posts
  • NNID:Koopamann14
  • Fandom:
    Pokemon the Series: XY and PS4

Posted 11 September 2012 - 06:04 PM

Honestly I never had that experience...
Because I don't have conversations with the employees :P and the only time I traded in games was when I wanted credit toward another

I shower you with coconut cream pies.

#26 Joshua

Joshua

The Dovahkiin

• Members
  • 2,334 posts
  • NNID:JoshuaCM
  • Fandom:
    Anything Nintendo, Skyrim and more!

Posted 11 September 2012 - 10:37 PM

Goodness sakes, GameStop in the United States must really suck. All I hear from American's talking about business is sheer negativity.
I'm quite glad that GameStop (or rather EB Games) here in Australia is much more friendly and is less supposedly, dirty.

Posted Image

Signature by Cerberuz

#27 Noonabites

Noonabites

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 813 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 11:05 PM

Oh Gamestop... the ones here have pretty female workers that not only not know any anything (met one who was playing a 3DS and had no idea what Kid Icarus was... while posters of the game were plastered all around her). Arghhhh.

Blake, that sounds like a nice business ploy (others have already said this, I know). It's nice to know other Gamestops suck as much as the ones here. Blah.

#28 gregoryorizal

gregoryorizal

Spiny

• Members
  • 211 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 05:59 AM

Although I've never actually done business with Gamestop my friend has a few times. A few months back he tried to buy Tales of Vesperia on 3DS but the female employee handed him Tales of Despereaux on DS instead. Another time he pre ordered some game...cant remember the game. But the preorder bonus was some stickers. So when he went to collect his stickers they said they didn't get any shipments. Fast forward a couple of weeks and the same employee is messing with a bunch of pre order stickers that he stuck to the counter
Posted Image

#29 Abcdude

Abcdude

Cool Dude of Letters

• Members
  • 1,239 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendough and Gravy Falls

Posted 12 September 2012 - 06:15 AM

Sounds like all the times I walked in and they started telling me the hottest game releases next week when it really got delayed to next year.

794144.png?13383682

#30 Caius Casshern Sins

Caius Casshern Sins

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,263 posts
  • Fandom:
    Yu-Gi-Oh, Pokemon, Megaman, more.

Posted 12 September 2012 - 07:40 AM

To be honest, I've never asked if pre-order quanities would be limited, nor have I been told that whenever asking about the Wii U.

Really, if I want something, I'll pre-order it anyway irregardless of what a store clerk says.

This being said...am I really the odd duck out in that I've never actually had a bad experience at a GameStop? xD

Nope my Gamestops have been great place to be
Posted Image
Co-Leader of the A.D.P.F
Lose yourself in battle, and rejoice
After War there is Death ~ Goddess Palutena, victory is ours
Yeah, you've done a great job so far, letting the Metal Heads destroy the palace.

#31 Fiery

Fiery

Wingus

• Members
  • 917 posts
  • NNID:Fieryguns

Posted 12 September 2012 - 09:29 AM

When I was going to Buy Kid Icarus Uprising they wouldn't let me get the game because they said "You can't buy games on launch day without reservingpre ordering it I asked "How many people reserved it he said "None". And I had to wait until the next day -_-

#32 Nintendustin

Nintendustin

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 483 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 12 September 2012 - 10:05 AM

A few months back he tried to buy Tales of Vesperia on 3DS but the female employee handed him Tales of Despereaux on DS instead.

I laughed pretty hard at that.

#33 Tsuchinoko

Tsuchinoko

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 636 posts
  • Fandom:
    Dat Mario Kart Life.

Posted 12 September 2012 - 11:37 AM

Although I've never actually done business with Gamestop my friend has a few times. A few months back he tried to buy Tales of Vesperia on 3DS but the female employee handed him Tales of Despereaux on DS instead. Another time he pre ordered some game...cant remember the game. But the preorder bonus was some stickers. So when he went to collect his stickers they said they didn't get any shipments. Fast forward a couple of weeks and the same employee is messing with a bunch of pre order stickers that he stuck to the counter

I thought that was pretty funny but..... Tales of Vesperia is a PS3 and 360 game.

When I was going to Buy Kid Icarus Uprising they wouldn't let me get the game because they said "You can't buy games on launch day without reservingpre ordering it I asked "How many people reserved it he said "None". And I had to wait until the next day -_-

This is just ridiculous and if it did happen then they lied to you big time. How can Gamestops get away with all the crap they do. They are idiots. I can't stand them one bit. I HATE GAMESTOP!! I'm tired of them putting us gamers through crap. Their service sucks. The two that I go to are always packed and they only be keeping one person on register when there are like four registers. And the line moves incredibly slow. Then the other employees walk in and out from the back storage room all the time but never help that one person on register when they know a huge line is there waiting. That's not even the worst part. Then they have the nerve to ask me everytime, "Can you please go to the Gamestop website and rate our service. If you can give me a good rating like between 8 and 10 that would be great." Screw you man. I never do those damn ratings. But I might start if I ever go to a Gamestop again so I can give them a 1. Why can't they have people who know what they are talking about? Or at least make it a rule that they have to do some research on the industry a couple times a week or something. It's like going into a supermarket and asking where the pasta aisle is and the guy working in the pasta section stocking it says "Hmmm... I don't know try the aisle over. WTF. It's just bad service. But I bet the company doesn't even care because they make so much damn money. Gamestop needs to go out of business.

Privately owned game stores are the best places to shop. Lots of them get games days early, once you know them they are more likely to give you a better deal on things (that has happened to me already at my game store), they may have rare games that would be impossible to find in Gamestop, or even have a larger selection of games. Honestly I really don't know why people even still go to Gamestop, they have nothing special at all. Poor selection of games, overpriced used games, bad service, unknowledgable employees. I think it's mostly the parents who keep it in business. They say "Oh hey Gamestop is a game store so let's go there." Lol kids need to tell their parents what the best game stores are. But then parents as usual won't listen to what their kids say.

Oh and also Gamestop does something that I hate with a passion. Something that should never ever be done to anyone. Something so horrible that they should go to hell for it. They...........sell used games.......... as new games. Not all of them, I'll explain. Say a new game comes out like Mario Kart 7 and they put a box on the display shelf. Chances are that that box is from one of the new copies of Mario Kart 7. So they unwrap the case, open it, take the game card out and put it in a paper sleeve and store it in the back drawers. They leave the empty case out for people to touch and drop and get all that nastiness on an otherwise beautiful case. It gets tarnished and ugly. Now when all the Mario Kart 7s run out and someone wants a copy and that's the only one left they will grab that case, get the game card and put it into that case from the shelf. And then they sell it to you as a new copy. They even explain to you "This case was on the shelf for display, but we have the game card right here and it's never been played before and it's still brand new. They are ripping people off this way. Once a game has been unsealed and opened it is a used game. And worse the card was removed from the case. And chances are you will get a tarnished case of the game. How can they sell that game as new? Just because it wasn't played? Who knows maybe the manager borrowed it and when he was done erased everything off the card and put it back in a sleeve. You never know. It's so messed up. And it's unexcusable.
zZJ9pHB.png

#34 dagwood dang

dagwood dang

Thwomp

• Members
  • 343 posts
  • Fandom:
    Starfox, Elder Scrolls, LoZ

Posted 12 September 2012 - 11:51 AM

I doubt they'll have limited quantities at launch, but I will say that some gamestops will have more Wii U's than others in stock. Still, it's probably nothing to worry about.

#35 gregoryorizal

gregoryorizal

Spiny

• Members
  • 211 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 01:28 PM

I thought that was pretty funny but..... Tales of Vesperia is a PS3 and 360 game.

Crap ! I meant Tales of the Abyss, sorry :wacko:
Posted Image

#36 Nintendustin

Nintendustin

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 483 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 12 September 2012 - 01:43 PM

I went into GameStop today. I walked in a circle. None of the derps spoke to me. I left.

#37 Big Boss

Big Boss

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,115 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 02:10 PM

I always see people complaining about the trade-in values.

"I payed $60 for this, and only get $5? NEVER GOING TO GAMESTOP AGAIN! > :o"
You aren't being forced to sell it at Gamestop... There's always eBay. -.-

I don't get it though. People complain about this store so much, and I've never experienced anything odd except for a few shady workers on the night shift.
Every new game I get is sealed, I don't care about trade-ins because I keep my games, and all this I read about BS from employees is human error, not really the corporation's fault. They're just saying what they think they heard.

I've always had excellent service, and the employees actually know about the things I want. Especially pre-orders. Sometime I go to GameStop just to pre-order. And they remind me of other games to pre-order that I actually want to.
I had a conversation with some guy about the day's E3 presentation and the dude actually understood video games! :o

Edited by HuntheUniverse, 12 September 2012 - 02:18 PM.

#38 Tsuchinoko

Tsuchinoko

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 636 posts
  • Fandom:
    Dat Mario Kart Life.

Posted 12 September 2012 - 02:47 PM

I don't get it though. People complain about this store so much, and I've never experienced anything odd except for a few shady workers on the night shift.
Every new game I get is sealed, I don't care about trade-ins because I keep my games, and all this I read about BS from employees is human error, not really the corporation's fault. They're just saying what they think they heard.

I've always had excellent service, and the employees actually know about the things I want. Especially pre-orders. Sometime I go to GameStop just to pre-order. And they remind me of other games to pre-order that I actually want to.
I had a conversation with some guy about the day's E3 presentation and the dude actually understood video games! :o

Not really the company's fault? Are you kidding me? It is their fault. They hire too many people who shouldn't be working there. Their screening process needs to be revamped so they can hire people who are competent at their job.

You may be getting lucky with your Gamestops that they give you good service. I'm not saying all Gamestops I have been to are crap. I just know that most I have been to are. Also it's not just one person who is having problems at a Gamestop, it is plenty of people around the country and all over the internet there are complaints. People on 3DSF also complain about similar problems at Gamestop. So it is the company as a whole not just isolated incidents. The fact that there are many people complaining about bad service at many Gamestop locations across the country means that there is obviously something wrong.
zZJ9pHB.png

#39 Mitch

Mitch

Dingus

• Members
  • 1,839 posts
  • NNID:Mitch13pavel
  • Fandom:
    Mitch :3

Posted 12 September 2012 - 03:24 PM

Does anyone know if you are allowed to preorder at gamestop and pick it up at a different game stop because i wanted to get myWii U preorder in tomorrow (hopefully) and my mom and dad live an hour away and i would prefer to pick it up at the gamestop at my dads

#40 BanjoKazooie

BanjoKazooie

Witch Slayer

• Members
  • 1,258 posts
  • Fandom:
    LOZ, Mario, Elder Scrolls

Posted 12 September 2012 - 03:25 PM

I

I bought skyrim there new and they gave me a used ruined game. I told them it wasn't sealed an i wanted another one but they refused to swap or refund me. I came back a day later and talked with the manager who refunded me AND gave me a new game and told me the employee had been fired for pocketing money. So GameStop has many screwed up people along with some competant ones.

post-1466-0-36015200-1348103349.png

I was once known here as KillerMario, but since I really like Banjo-Kazooie, I changed my display name to show them my respect :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!