Gimbal

Abscond

• Members
  • 475 posts
  • NNID:Savoir
  • Fandom:
    School Rumble

Posted 14 September 2012 - 07:31 AM

Hopefully there are alot of new areas and a few new monster =/. I'd do well if it had more than tri-G. Anyhoo hoping for the same thing to happen with Monster Hunter 4. Unlike the 3DS the Wii U can actually handle having a large open-world and still look nice...and it's more likely to have online.
"So if Zero Suit Samus is fanbait for guys, where is the fanbait for girls? Why isn’t Captain Falcon wearing a thong or sporting a chest twice the size of his last model? Why doesn’t Mario have an absurd crotch buldge holding in his 10 inch slice of manhood? Why doesn’t Yoshi look like a Fist of the North Starcharacter.

That, my friends, is why the design is sexist."~Angelo M. D'Argenio-4/17/2014

"Yes, because owning only 1 game in this series makes you qualified to have an opinion on it"~PyroKinesis-5/7/2014

"He is a game dev, critic, games media writer, and candidate for a phd by the way. So, LMFAO."~3Dude 9/4/2014

#22 Press

Press

Thwomp

• Members
  • 325 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Smash, FF, KH, Sonic

Posted 14 September 2012 - 12:04 PM

I don't know much about it. Anyone explain the game in a nutshell? Convince me to play it because I love online multiplayer!

#23 Tricky Sonic

Tricky Sonic

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,853 posts
  • NNID:Tricky
  • Fandom:
    Sega, Sonic, Warcraft, Final Fantasy

Posted 14 September 2012 - 12:53 PM

I don't know much about it. Anyone explain the game in a nutshell? Convince me to play it because I love online multiplayer!

Monster Hunter is pretty unique and hard to summarize...as the title infers, you are a Monster Hunter and take jobs hunting down different types of monsters...you can also have your own living area, forge weapons, farm and such in the mean time...but there are some hardcore monsters out there...and you can't just go in smashing buttons like a hack and slash and expect to own everything. Every monster is unique and you really have to stay on your toes and think. There will be small monsters, packs of monsters, and mega omfg monsters....its a great game..and if they do the online right...I may never leave my Wii U.
Posted Image
Check out my video game collection blog at http://genesaturn.blogspot.com/
Feel free to add me as a friend on your 3DS and Wii U as well - Friend Code = 1289-9502-7134 / Nintendo ID - Tricky

#24 Press

Press

Thwomp

• Members
  • 325 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 14 September 2012 - 01:06 PM

Thanks, Trick. If online is great, I will add it to my U library. It sounds cool. I would look up vids but I am on my phone.

#25 Alianjaro

Alianjaro

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,317 posts
  • Fandom:
    Monster Hunter, Legend of Zelda

Posted 14 September 2012 - 04:47 PM

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHH

Posted Image (had to use it)

WWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOYAAAAAAAAAAAAGAAAAAAAAAAAYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHH

I'm not exaggerating. I'm so incredibly excited. MH3 didn't sell that well here so I was scared I would never see another MH crossing the JP border... And I guess it will not only be a remake right? Anyway WOOOOOOOOOOT

Edited by Alianjaro, 14 September 2012 - 04:48 PM.

Posted Image

#26 WisdomPowerCourage

WisdomPowerCourage

ZEWOP BOOPITY BOP!

• Members
  • 615 posts
  • Fandom:
    Cats Pajamas.

Posted 14 September 2012 - 05:59 PM

Yes I will be buying the Wii U version, maybe the 3DS one. And I have friends that like monster hunter so I'll be playing online.

#27 AndyG

AndyG

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 610 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Monster Hunter, Super Meat Boy

Posted 14 September 2012 - 07:49 PM

So this pretty much is the localisation of 3G on 3DS with a few bonus extras and cross platform. Whats going to happen to the japenese gamers who already own 3G?
Posted Image

This is where it ends

#28 Alianjaro

Alianjaro

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,317 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 14 September 2012 - 07:50 PM

And you actually have to be really, and I mean REALLY clever to be good at this game, since you need to develop a technique for each monster. It's such a unique experience, and that's why it's so popular.
Posted Image

#29 Lord Pickleton

Lord Pickleton

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,188 posts
  • Fandom:
    Monster Hunter, Criterion, Codemasters

Posted 14 September 2012 - 09:30 PM

This is for those of you who want a Number of Monsters Comparison.

Posted Image
3DS/Wii U
#Small Monsters: 22
#Large Monsters: 50
#Total Monsters:72

Monster List
Spoiler

Posted Image
PSP/PS3
#Small Monsters: 20
#Large Monsters: 40
#Total Monsters:60

Monster List
Spoiler

Posted Image
Wii
#Small Monsters:17
#Large Monsters:18
#Total Monsters:35

Monsters List
Spoiler

LordPickleton.png

#30 Press

Press

Thwomp

• Members
  • 325 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 14 September 2012 - 09:38 PM

Three 3s? Jeez.

#31 JD2995

JD2995

Blooper

• Members
  • 192 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, Zelda, Mario, Metroid, etc.

Posted 14 September 2012 - 09:56 PM

Lemme Guess

Wii U: 1080p60 fps,
3DS: 3D 120 fps, 2D 60 fps

Oh and Nintendo kinda just stole Sony's cross save and made it better!
Fanboy: "Who cares about All-Stars, I WANT MONSTER HUNTER"

Is ultimate Wii U going to be released in Japan?
Monster Hunter TriG HD?

Their gonna have to patch TriG for the CrossSave functionality

Nintendo did not steal anything from Sony, this game is made by Capcom and they choose what features put in the game. But on second thought, maybe in the next Super Smash Nintendo will put the same feature, and yes, then you're right.
Posted Image
Sorry for my bad english

#32 WiiLovesU

WiiLovesU

Goomba

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 15 September 2012 - 04:45 AM

I'm a little nervous this is going to be a bust or too confusing with the controller. Big hopes but pretty nervous.

#33 Tricky Sonic

Tricky Sonic

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,853 posts
  • NNID:Tricky
  • Fandom:
    Sega, Sonic, Warcraft, Final Fantasy

Posted 15 September 2012 - 04:48 AM

I'm a little nervous this is going to be a bust or too confusing with the controller. Big hopes but pretty nervous.

This will be epic with the GamePad if used right
Posted Image
Check out my video game collection blog at http://genesaturn.blogspot.com/
Feel free to add me as a friend on your 3DS and Wii U as well - Friend Code = 1289-9502-7134 / Nintendo ID - Tricky

#34 Foot

Foot

The most badass sociopath to ever exist.

• Members
  • 1,038 posts
  • NNID:DPapcinEVO
  • Fandom:
    Sock Wars, Shoehorn Leghorn

Posted 15 September 2012 - 04:53 AM

Nintendo did not steal anything from Sony, this game is made by Capcom and they choose what features put in the game. But on second thought, maybe in the next Super Smash Nintendo will put the same feature, and yes, then you're right.

I know, I'm just saying that Sony started CrossSave, and now Nintendo is doing it as well, seems to me like a great Cross Platform feature for Portable and Handhelds for next gen
I am the foot. I do not like you. You smother me with socks and shoes, then step on me thousands of times a day.

We foot will rebel one day.

#35 Andy

Andy

The Ganon Slayer

• Members
  • 1,352 posts
  • NNID:Andyjoe522
  • Fandom:
    The Legend of Zelda

Posted 15 September 2012 - 06:03 AM

I've seen footage of Monster Hunter Tri-G (this game's Japanese version; it's been out for going on a year for the 3DS), and the touch controls were pretty well pulled off, giving you a customizable touch screen interface. Here's an overview video that shows it off.

Granted that while this video is for the 3DS, I'd say that they'll use the Wii U GamePad in the same way.
Posted Image

#36 Alianjaro

Alianjaro

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,317 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 15 September 2012 - 03:44 PM

This is for those of you who want a Number of Monsters Comparison.

Posted Image
3DS/Wii U
#Small Monsters: 22
#Large Monsters: 50
#Total Monsters:72

Monster List

Spoiler

Posted Image
PSP/PS3
#Small Monsters: 20
#Large Monsters: 40
#Total Monsters:60

Monster List
Spoiler

Posted Image
Wii
#Small Monsters:17
#Large Monsters:18
#Total Monsters:35

Monsters List
Spoiler

Where did you get that from? If it's reliable, it's so freaking crazy !!! Oh and do I need to say that my body wasn't ready?
Posted Image

#37 The Video Gamer

The Video Gamer

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 128 posts

Posted 15 September 2012 - 03:58 PM

So this pretty much is the localisation of 3G on 3DS with a few bonus extras and cross platform. Whats going to happen to the japenese gamers who already own 3G?

Their going to get Monster Hunter 3G HD Version on launch day along with a bundle which includes Wii U Premium Set, Wii U Pro Controller and the game. It'll also support the cross-platform connectivity and transferring. I'm thinking Capcom might have planned all the way back to when Tri-G started or was in development, especially since Yuri said that the Wii U version has been in works for a long time.

#38 JaylisJayP

JaylisJayP

Spiny

• Members
  • 243 posts

Posted 15 September 2012 - 04:03 PM

Count me in as someone who has never played a Monster Hunter game but is excited this is part of the launch window lineup. When it hits around $35 I'm sure I'll pick it up and give it a go.

#39 Alianjaro

Alianjaro

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,317 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 15 September 2012 - 05:52 PM

Count me in as someone who has never played a Monster Hunter game but is excited this is part of the launch window lineup. When it hits around $35 I'm sure I'll pick it up and give it a go.

This is a game that will NOT have a price drop before a while, and I'm talking about a lot of time. Well if you do get one for that price, you'd have seen triple rainbows and hell unicorns eating cheesecake the same day.
Posted Image

#40 Soul

Soul

TYBG

• Members
  • 3,660 posts
  • Fandom:
    I ENJOY HIP HOP BEATS

Posted 15 September 2012 - 09:53 PM

Monster Hunter is pretty unique and hard to summarize...as the title infers, you are a Monster Hunter and take jobs hunting down different types of monsters...you can also have your own living area, forge weapons, farm and such in the mean time...but there are some hardcore monsters out there...and you can't just go in smashing buttons like a hack and slash and expect to own everything. Every monster is unique and you really have to stay on your toes and think. There will be small monsters, packs of monsters, and mega omfg monsters....its a great game..and if they do the online right...I may never leave my Wii U.

What weapons do you use? ex. Swords, Knifes, Ray guns, Machine Guns, Shields, Bombs, Force, etc.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!