Andy

The Ganon Slayer

• Members
  • 1,352 posts
  • NNID:Andyjoe522
  • Fandom:
    The Legend of Zelda

Posted 15 September 2012 - 10:19 PM

What weapons do you use? ex. Swords, Knifes, Ray guns, Machine Guns, Shields, Bombs, Force, etc.

Sword and Shield, Great Sword, Lance and Shield, Hammer, Bow, Light Bowgun, Heavy Bowgun, Longsword, Dual Sword, Hunting Horn (a weakened hammer that can provide status buffs to allies), Gunlance, and Switch Axe. Things like barrel bombs and throwing knives are also present as consumable items.
Posted Image

#42 Jotaro Kujo

Jotaro Kujo

Paragoomba

• Members
  • 29 posts
  • Fandom:
    anime,manga and dark souls and nintendo

Posted 16 September 2012 - 02:49 PM

I need tips for MH will you guys help me when it comes out?

03b39b16-9b68-44b8-b23f-58b49be0cf88.jpg

#43 Andy

Andy

The Ganon Slayer

• Members
  • 1,352 posts
  • Fandom:
    The Legend of Zelda

Posted 16 September 2012 - 03:28 PM

I need tips for MH will you guys help me when it comes out?

Sure thing. :)
Posted Image

#44 Jotaro Kujo

Jotaro Kujo

Paragoomba

• Members
  • 29 posts
  • Fandom:
    anime,manga and dark souls and nintendo

Posted 16 September 2012 - 03:32 PM

Sure thing. :)

Thanks bro

03b39b16-9b68-44b8-b23f-58b49be0cf88.jpg

#45 milky105p

milky105p

Green Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 48 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 05:57 PM

I'm sure the game will be awesome like every other one they've made, but seriously what could they possibly do that's innovating with the gamepad? I'd like more than just displaying inventory or just showing your map which is most likely what it will be used for.the best feature I can see is multiplayer using text or voice chat with the screen or something

#46 Fiery

Fiery

Wingus

• Members
  • 917 posts
  • NNID:Fieryguns

Posted 21 January 2013 - 07:46 PM

I have never played a Monster Hunter game, this is where I will start!

Say goodbye to real life.

#47 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 07:52 PM

Monster hunter games have a crazy learning curve, but when you get it, you live it. Taking out a big guy you've been struggling with for a long time is soooooooooo satisfying. But is this essentially the same game as tri with extras? Or is it new enough to be a game all it's own?

I take it you are unfamiliar with mh generations?

They do this with every title. Its the same game, but with extra content. BUT LOTS of extra content. And since said content determines how big a mh game is, yeah, its worth buying over tri.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#48 Malazan777

Malazan777

Paragoomba

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 01:12 PM

This will be my first MH game so I'm really looking forward to it, seen a few videos and it looks sweet.
Will it be better played with a large group?
If so I'll be adding all you guys as I'll no doubt need all the help I can get to begin with.
ID - Malazan777
Guns don't kill people, Zombies do!!!!

#49 Dusean17

Dusean17

Blooper

• Members
  • 184 posts
  • Fandom:
    PATAPON | LBP | DIGIMON | ZELDA | KIRBY

Posted 29 January 2013 - 08:20 PM

I hope they do a cross buy sort of feature. If that doesn't end up happening, I will probably just stick to the 3DS version. I already have the Wii version, and don't feel a strong need for an HD version.

Actually now that I'm here is this a new game entirely or just 3 in HD. I should probably check that kind of this out before I post my thoughts but... Naaa.

Uh sorry but Cross Buy is more of Sony's thing however I am excited for both versions but I won't pick up the 3DS version at all mostly because the 3DS version is super downgraded >_> says a lot

PlayStationUnityampNintendoUnitySingleSi

To visit my Nintendo Channel click the link above, to visit my PlayStation Channel click here.

#50 Andy

Andy

The Ganon Slayer

• Members
  • 1,352 posts
  • Fandom:
    The Legend of Zelda

Posted 30 January 2013 - 05:02 PM

Uh sorry but Cross Buy is more of Sony's thing however I am excited for both versions but I won't pick up the 3DS version at all mostly because the 3DS version is super downgraded >_> says a lot

How is the 3DS version downgraded? First of all it came out before the Wii U version, and has the same amount of content as the Wii U. The only real difference between the two is that the Wii U version has online multiplayer while the 3DS is local. While that might be an inconvenience for anyone without friends who are fans of the series, I certainly wouldn't call it a downgrade.
Posted Image

#51 Dusean17

Dusean17

Blooper

• Members
  • 184 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 30 January 2013 - 05:27 PM

How is the 3DS version downgraded? First of all it came out before the Wii U version, and has the same amount of content as the Wii U. The only real difference between the two is that the Wii U version has online multiplayer while the 3DS is local. While that might be an inconvenience for anyone without friends who are fans of the series, I certainly wouldn't call it a downgrade.

Definitely a downgrade the freaking Wii U version rapes the 3DS version mostly because it has Online Play and they should know damn well Ad-hoc is mostly dead in America. Just saying the 3DS version has bad graphics, you need an accessory to play properly, no online and this is why I classify it as a downgrade.

To visit my Nintendo Channel click the link above, to visit my PlayStation Channel click here.

#52 WaddleDee

WaddleDee

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 119 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 08:07 AM

This will be my first MH game so I'm really looking forward to it, seen a few videos and it looks sweet.
If so I'll be adding all you guys as I'll no doubt need all the help I can get to begin with.

The monsters increase in strength depending on the amount of players. Like in Tri there'll probably be missions you HAVE to be in an online group for to play, though.

And overall.. Just playing with people is a lot more fun, in my opinion.

I do recommend getting a Wii U headset if you're gonna play online, connecting a keyboard to your Wii U and typing out whatever it is you want to say while fighting a giant dinosaur tends to get you killed.

#53 Goom

Goom

The Happyman Thief

• Members
  • 930 posts
  • NNID:SpikedGoomba
  • Fandom:
    pingas

Posted 01 February 2013 - 08:41 AM

I'm undecided about this game. I played the MHTri demo and didn't really care for the game. But I did play it 5 years ago and I didn't fully understand the controls of the game.

Posted Image

I am the hero this forum needs, but not the one it deserves.

#54 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 09:27 AM

Definitely a downgrade the freaking Wii U version rapes the 3DS version mostly because it has Online Play and they should know damn well Ad-hoc is mostly dead in America. Just saying the 3DS version has bad graphics, you need an accessory to play properly, no online and this is why I classify it as a downgrade.

what? You have to be the most misinformed person i have ever seen.

I blame the media.

The graphics are 100% asset identical. The wii u version has 3ds graphics. The only difference is resolution.

You DONT need the accessory to play properly.

And unlike tri, which was designed around it, online is NOT needed to access over half the game content. The game was designed ground up as an adhoc experience, online is nothing more than a tack on for the wii u version.

The only difference is: one you can take online, and its in hd, and one you can take with you anywhere, and its in 3d.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#55 Alianjaro

Alianjaro

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,317 posts
  • Fandom:
    Monster Hunter, Legend of Zelda

Posted 03 February 2013 - 10:43 AM

I wouldn't say it this way, but that's pretty much it. You'll find yourself spending a LOT of time on online play.
Posted Image

#56 Dusean17

Dusean17

Blooper

• Members
  • 184 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 03 February 2013 - 08:26 PM

what? You have to be the most misinformed person i have ever seen.

I blame the media.

The graphics are 100% asset identical. The wii u version has 3ds graphics. The only difference is resolution.

You DONT need the accessory to play properly.

And unlike tri, which was designed around it, online is NOT needed to access over half the game content. The game was designed ground up as an adhoc experience, online is nothing more than a tack on for the wii u version.

The only difference is: one you can take online, and its in hd, and one you can take with you anywhere, and its in 3d.

Sorry but you sound like you are dodging facts...

#57 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 04:41 PM

Sorry but you sound like you are dodging facts...

No, i listed facts, you are the one who is dodging them with nothing whatsoever to back up your pov.

I can already tell the bulk of your logic is fallatious. The specific logical fallicy is argumatem from ignorance.

1. MH3G ultimate wii u IS A 3DS GAME. It has the exact same models, exact same textures, exact same ui, EXACT SAME EVERYTHING. It is nothing more than an upressed 3DS game. Your talk about lower poly ANYTHING is 100% pure made up bs.

2. The large majority of monster hunters were released for psp WHICH ONLY HAD ONE ANALOG.

3. mh3gu is a direct port of mh3g, which was an enhanced port of psp title mh portable 3rd. It took all the extra content mhp3rd added, and combined it with everything tri had that portable 3rd left out because the psp couldnt handle it. the game had NO ONLINE so the content was made 100% accessible in single player. So the content in mh3g on 3ds, which is the EXACT SAME CONTENT AS THE WII U GAME is 100 obtainable offline. The wii u versions online is nothing more than adhoc online. That is a HUGE difference from tri, which half the games content required you to go online to experience.

Edited by 3Dude, 04 February 2013 - 04:52 PM.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#58 WreckinMachineX

WreckinMachineX

Green Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 03:37 PM

This will be my first MH game as well. I have heard they can be pretty difficult if you don't play with friends, and since I don't have any friends with a Wii U yet, I think I'll be adding some of you guys.
As long as you don't make fun of me if I suck.

#59 umegames

umegames

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 651 posts
  • NNID:Donte2k
  • Fandom:
    Sonic and Megaman

Posted 05 February 2013 - 05:03 PM

I've never played any of the monster hunters. I'd be willing to try it for wii-u, whats they pros and cons of the game?

#60 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 05:08 AM

I've never played any of the monster hunters. I'd be willing to try it for wii-u, whats they pros and cons of the game?

Pro: its awesome.
con: EXTREMELY high entry barrier.

You are going to suck when you first start. Suck bad. A combination of not knowing how to play, and weak beginning stats. The game grooms you into the basics, which includes hunt preperation...

HUNT PREPERATION IS NECESSARY. You dont just run around killing monsters. you must spend time gathering materials for potions, wetstones, cool/hot drinks and other items to keep you alive during a hunt.

This can make the intro tutorial drag.... it makes many people give up before the game starts (see zero punctuations review of mh tri... Yahtzee never made it past the first 15 minutes of the game).

If you make it, and actually manage to take down your first monster, you will be hooked...

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!