• Please log in to reply
63 replies to this topic

#1 Shadiwulf

Shadiwulf

Shy Guy

• Banned
  • 38 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 08:24 AM

Now that's it's confirmed that the Wii U runs on GPGPU its oblivious the next gen consoles are going to crush it *SiGH*

#2 Dragon

Dragon

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,070 posts
  • Fandom:
    Playing my Wii U!

Posted 13 September 2012 - 08:33 AM

Umm state where you got this. Last I checked, none of the specs have even been talked about..

Posted Image

#3 Tricky Sonic

Tricky Sonic

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,853 posts
  • NNID:Tricky
  • Fandom:
    Sega, Sonic, Warcraft, Final Fantasy

Posted 13 September 2012 - 08:39 AM

POPULAR

Umm state where you got this. Last I checked, none of the specs have even been talked about..

No specs have been revealed. Obviously someone is a graphic whore and is being a downer.
Posted Image
Check out my video game collection blog at http://genesaturn.blogspot.com/
Feel free to add me as a friend on your 3DS and Wii U as well - Friend Code = 1289-9502-7134 / Nintendo ID - Tricky

#4 unleashedknight

unleashedknight

Bob-omb

• Banned
  • 273 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 08:43 AM

lol....
the wii u specs werent revealed yet and developers said its not about the power its about the experience...

#5 blu gamepad

blu gamepad

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 65 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 08:49 AM

*raises eyebrow*

#6 Dragon

Dragon

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,070 posts
  • Fandom:
    Playing my Wii U!

Posted 13 September 2012 - 08:50 AM

No specs have been revealed. Obviously someone is a graphic whore and is being a downer.

The Wii U will have enough power to be a next generation system. But will it be the most powerful? Probably not.

So while I'm not graphics whore, It's nice to have a decently powered system.

And I don't like downers. :P

Posted Image

#7 Socalmuscle

Socalmuscle

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,677 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 08:53 AM

Lol

So the wii u uses tech that pcs have used for a while now and it's a "bad" thing? Lol some people have no clue.

The CPU and gpu are beasts. They can also assist each other. That's a pro not a con.

The wii u is a winner in the hardware dept. . And the price shows how much they're willing to sacrifice at first to make it a sales success too.

And btw, every video gamer is a graphics person. It what puts the video in video games.

Edited by Socalmuscle, 13 September 2012 - 08:54 AM.

#8 iShuys

iShuys

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 62 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 08:53 AM

Experience is better. Nintendo want to keep the price down on their console. You want to pay another of your $600 or more for a console? Get a PC for goodness sake.

#9 Press

Press

Thwomp

• Members
  • 325 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Smash, FF, KH, Sonic

Posted 13 September 2012 - 09:01 AM

Where was this a problem last gen? The Wii compared to others graphic-wise was tremendous. Having the best graphics doesn't make a better console. Nintendo showed this a few times.

I request that spec threads be banned, once we get our answers and it's not important anymore.

Edited by Graff, 13 September 2012 - 09:03 AM.

#10 Tricky Sonic

Tricky Sonic

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,853 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 13 September 2012 - 09:13 AM

Where was this a problem last gen? The Wii compared to others graphic-wise was tremendous. Having the best graphics doesn't make a better console. Nintendo showed this a few times.

I request that spec threads be banned, once we get our answers and it's not important anymore.

I second that. Getting tired...specifically of the graphic doom and gloom threads
Posted Image
Feel free to add me as a friend on your 3DS and Wii U as well - Friend Code = 1289-9502-7134 / Nintendo ID - Tricky

#11 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 09:17 AM

Its doomed because its packing a general purpose graphic processing unit?

Whelp, 720 and ps4 confirmed doomed now, pc's have been doomed for years and didnt even know it.

Everythings doomed.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#12 dagwood dang

dagwood dang

Thwomp

• Members
  • 343 posts
  • Fandom:
    Starfox, Elder Scrolls, LoZ

Posted 13 September 2012 - 09:18 AM

Now that's it's confirmed that the Wii U runs on GPGPU its oblivious the next gen consoles are going to crush it *SiGH*

Inconclusive.
No Proof.
Troll.

#13 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 13 September 2012 - 09:24 AM

Having graphics processing near general processing is a bad thing now?
Here I was thinking bus speeds slow down processors.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#14 Keviin

Keviin

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,270 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Metroid, Resident Evil

Posted 13 September 2012 - 10:41 AM

I'm not a tech expert as you know, but I think the console will be more powerful in terms of speed and performance than in graphics.
No sig.

#15 Meelow100

Meelow100

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 855 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 10:47 AM

Nintendo confirmed on the Japanese Direct that the Wii U is using a GPGPU, that's really good, the PS4/720 are lso heavily rumored to be on the PS4/720 so this means the Wii U has a better chance at getting multiplats with them.

Don't know why TC is mad, he should be happy.

#16 Desert Punk

Desert Punk

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 656 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 11:07 AM

There was no announcement on the actual specification of the wii u regarding gpu and cpu except that the gpu can assist the cpu. We are still none the wiser. The only thing there is to base the performance on is the graphics they showed of the games featured. To me the graphics looked current gen at best and more primitive in places but then you can't really judge fairly at this point but I must admit I'm not impressed with Nintendo's denying us a proper specification for the console and feel its highly likely they are doing so because the figures are poor.

#17 Mitch

Mitch

Dingus

• Members
  • 1,839 posts
  • NNID:Mitch13pavel
  • Fandom:
    Mitch :3

Posted 13 September 2012 - 11:12 AM

To all the Doubters and the haters and all the other whiny b******

Posted Image

#18 Tricky Sonic

Tricky Sonic

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,853 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 13 September 2012 - 11:16 AM

The proof is on the pudding. I've stated this MANY times, but launch titles are not a good gauge of graphical prowess.
Posted Image

#19 Gamejunkie

Gamejunkie

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 11:18 AM

The proof is on the pudding. I've stated this MANY times, but launch titles are not a good gauge of graphical prowess.

I have to agree with that.

#20 Foot

Foot

The most badass sociopath to ever exist.

• Members
  • 1,038 posts
  • NNID:DPapcinEVO
  • Fandom:
    Sock Wars, Shoehorn Leghorn

Posted 13 September 2012 - 11:19 AM

U sir simply are not one with Nintendo, lol, don't worry, it's fine
I am the foot. I do not like you. You smother me with socks and shoes, then step on me thousands of times a day.

We foot will rebel one day.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!