Photo

is wii u going to fail what do you think or is it a hit?

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#21 nfzeta007

nfzeta007

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 11:04 AM

Oh yes the 90s was by far the greatest time for gaming. SNES and PS1 are probably the two greatest systems ever made. And everything in games was so new and fresh. Ideas were coming out left and right. Unique mechanics were always being used. It seemed like back then developers were out to make a game that people remembered forever. And that was completely new for it's time. *Sigh* Hopefully gaming can return to that. That's one of the reasons why I really like the WiiU so far, because it seems like it's going to take gaming back into the style of the 90s with all the new ideas and ways to play.

I'll have to agree, it might not be seen as much in other genres but in the RPG and adventure genres you saw the innovation, and the surprising thing is that this was during a time where graphics were evolving in big steps, now today where everything just looks a bit more pretty, sharp or real, they forget the gameplay mechanics and just go for that little improvement.

Honestly from games today going by the previous times and how games evolved i would be expecting much better AI, some really intricate and interesting gameplay mechanics (i mean look at chrono trigger that had spells that could interact with each other that is rare today, Last Story has it) and good graphics but all we seem to be getting is the good graphics, that's why sometimes i would look at my PS3 and although i have had my time playing it would then turn to my comp and play some old SNES, PS1-2, N64 games.

"B-but it doesn't play blu-rays!"

It'll do fine. Lots of people are pre-ordering the system, so that's a good sign.

The things is even though it doesn't have blu-ray and therefore can't play blu-ray videos and such it has the same capacity and reads even faster than Blu-ray (don't know how they got that one done)

#22 Nintendustin

Nintendustin

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 483 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 14 September 2012 - 11:43 AM

Why should I ever worry about a company that makes more money than I can even count? Nintendo will be fine, as it always has.

#23 FrostySweetness

FrostySweetness

Shy Guy

• Members
  • 35 posts
  • Fandom:
    Sims, Pokemon, Little Big Planet

Posted 14 September 2012 - 12:05 PM

Yeah, I liked the 90's....plenty of original games, even the Xbox/PS2/GC days were awesome. These days, it is the same darn franchises milked out...but I can't blame the companies. If I developed CoD and there are millions of blind sheep who buy the game each year no matter what, easy millions of dollars in profit, shoot...

But yeah, it is causing nothing but them to come out...we used to get more original games, JRPGs and stuff, but now they aren't coming as much anymore it seems cause most people want to shoot up things. I love all my consoles and all my genres, but people geezh...feels like I am being limited to shooters at times.

I love games like Mario, LittleBigPlanet, original stuff...fun stuff...games I can just have fun on, create, etc.

Edited by FrostySweetness, 14 September 2012 - 12:06 PM.

#24 Socalmuscle

Socalmuscle

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,677 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 12:18 PM

I'll have to agree, it might not be seen as much in other genres but in the RPG and adventure genres you saw the innovation, and the surprising thing is that this was during a time where graphics were evolving in big steps, now today where everything just looks a bit more pretty, sharp or real, they forget the gameplay mechanics and just go for that little improvement.

Honestly from games today going by the previous times and how games evolved i would be expecting much better AI, some really intricate and interesting gameplay mechanics (i mean look at chrono trigger that had spells that could interact with each other that is rare today, Last Story has it) and good graphics but all we seem to be getting is the good graphics, that's why sometimes i would look at my PS3 and although i have had my time playing it would then turn to my comp and play some old SNES, PS1-2, N64 games.

The things is even though it doesn't have blu-ray and therefore can't play blu-ray videos and such it has the same capacity and reads even faster than Blu-ray (don't know how they got that one done)

Because they don't have to conform to the official Blu-Ray spec.

The picture quality made possible on BD is great, but they rushed the spec to compete with HDDVD.

Blu-ray loading is an embarassment.

#25 JaylisJayP

JaylisJayP

Spiny

• Members
  • 243 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 04:36 PM

Too early to tell if it'll be a "home run," but I can't see it failing. It'll be fine...look at the pre-orders, sold out already. 3DS didn't do that imo, plus it has Monster Hunter on the horizon...they seem to have it well planned-out.

#26 Eskimo_sam

Eskimo_sam

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 259 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 04:48 PM

maybe once modders have cracked it it eill play blu ray like wii can play movies or maybe u could rip a bluray movie straight to ur hdd and watch like that im more excite about some of the homebrew stuff it could do i think people can make some really cool stuff

#27 BanjoKazooie

BanjoKazooie

Witch Slayer

• Members
  • 1,258 posts
  • Fandom:
    LOZ, Mario, Elder Scrolls

Posted 14 September 2012 - 04:51 PM

i just am worried for nintendo and want them to win the hearts of gamers again as the wii did

Wii didn't win the hearts of gamers, it won the hearts of non gamers. I think the wii u will win the hearts of gamers, not everyone else as the wii did. It is powerful, and it brings new ways to play games, while still having a traditional way to play, and keeping motion controls for the casuals.

post-1466-0-36015200-1348103349.png

I was once known here as KillerMario, but since I really like Banjo-Kazooie, I changed my display name to show them my respect :)

#28 Noonabites

Noonabites

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 813 posts

Posted 15 September 2012 - 03:11 PM

Why should I ever worry about a company that makes more money than I can even count? Nintendo will be fine, as it always has.

Agreed. I haven't fumbled yet and it doesn't look as if they will any time soon.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!