Photo

Basic Bundle Worth It?/Anyone getting it?

Wii U white basic bundle

• Please log in to reply
55 replies to this topic

#41 Socalmuscle

Socalmuscle

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,677 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 08:49 PM

The basic bundle is worth it if you like the white color or truly can't spend $50 more.

But the premium is an amazing deal with all the extras and the Nintendo network deal.

I really can't see why anyone wouldn't get the premium.

#42 Press

Press

Thwomp

• Members
  • 325 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Smash, FF, KH, Sonic

Posted 14 September 2012 - 09:08 PM

The basic bundle is worth it if you like the white color or truly can't spend $50 more.

But the premium is an amazing deal with all the extras and the Nintendo network deal.

I really can't see why anyone wouldn't get the premium.

You answered your own question in the first line.

#43 Abcdude

Abcdude

Cool Dude of Letters

• Members
  • 1,239 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendough and Gravy Falls

Posted 14 September 2012 - 09:25 PM

The white is super nice, but for a game, stand, Nintendo Network Premium, and almost 4x the hard drive just by adding an extra $50 is a no brainer.

794144.png?13383682

#44 LaserSWE

LaserSWE

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 136 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 11:27 PM

Im definetely picking up the Premium/Deluxe edition. Id rather have a white platform but then again, ill take all the HDD space I can get. I remember my first Playstation 3 which was a 20GB i imported from Japan. Not much memory to play around with.. so I would never, by choice, choose to have only 8GB.
Also, since the sensor-bar aint coming with the Basic i just see it as an uncomplete package since many Wii U games actually will support, some even require, Wiimotes. Not to mention the Wii-backwardscompatibility and Virtual Console-games. (Which i hear wont be playable on the WiiU Pad).

#45 BananaCheese

BananaCheese

Darknut Dominator

• Members
  • 163 posts
  • NNID:Awesomesocks
  • Fandom:
    Zelda and Animal Crossing

Posted 15 September 2012 - 06:26 AM

I'm buying the premium bundle because I'd like a black Wii U and that it comes with Nintendo Land. If the basic bundle came with Nintendo Land I'd buy basic. But it doesn't. Plus you save money if you buy premium. I read the Wii U blog and there was an article saying that $ 59.99 is the base price for Wii U games. It also says Kotaku reported it. So you'd waste money if you bought NL separately with basic. Plus those stands and Wii U gamepad charging cradle is, if you think about it... free. So I think you should buy pemium. That's what im getting. :)

Plus there is extra memory for premium.

Nintendo_Logo-600x200.png 

Nintendo Network ID: Awesomesocks | Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 1032-1712-2862

PM me if you add me on any of the above.

#46 Gamejunkie

Gamejunkie

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 15 September 2012 - 06:31 AM

I'm buying the premium bundle because I'd like a black Wii U and that it comes with Nintendo Land. If the basic bundle came with Nintendo Land I'd buy basic. But it doesn't. Plus you save money if you buy premium. I read the Wii U blog and there was an article saying that $ 59.99 is the base price for Wii U games. It also says Kotaku reported it. So you'd waste money if you bought NL separately with basic. Plus those stands and Wii U gamepad charging cradle is, if you think about it... free. So I think you should buy pemium. That's what im getting. :)

Plus there is extra memory for premium.

Bear in mind a lot of people will disagree with you that Nintendoland is actually worth getting. That said the additional accessories, plus the extra storage capacity and Nintendo premium subscription probably make it worthwhile. I do think they should have limited both options to one colour or offered both in both colours. Personally I want black but I'm also fine with the content and price of the premium bundle. Here in the UK they have a limited edition bundle which looks like it comes with Zombie U instead of Nintendoland as well as a controller pro for a slightly higher price which is a good deal.

#47 backudog

backudog

Spiny

• Members
  • 243 posts
  • NNID:backudog

Posted 15 September 2012 - 08:15 AM

Premium all the way for me, i can see nintys thinking though in releasing a cheaper version too though, not everyones made of money, so "casual" gamers etc, can still buy the console without breaking the bank. probably.
I hear voices in my head all the time, telling me what to do. But I just ignore them and carry on killing.

#48 JaylisJayP

JaylisJayP

Spiny

• Members
  • 243 posts

Posted 15 September 2012 - 01:16 PM

Premium all the way for me, i can see nintys thinking though in releasing a cheaper version too though, not everyones made of money, so "casual" gamers etc, can still buy the console without breaking the bank. probably.

I get what you're saying, but anyone who can dump $300 on a video game console can dump $350 without breaking the bank.

#49 -JJ-

-JJ-

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 116 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mrs. Doubtfire, Madea, Corneria

Posted 15 September 2012 - 01:23 PM

I want to get the white one. The only good thing about the premium is that it is black (if you like black) and it comes with some accessories and Nintendo Land. I don't care about the accessories, so I wouldn't mind buying the premium bundle, but I want the white. Too bad the premium doesn't come in white :(
Posted Image

#50 Tricky Sonic

Tricky Sonic

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,853 posts
  • NNID:Tricky
  • Fandom:
    Sega, Sonic, Warcraft, Final Fantasy

Posted 15 September 2012 - 01:39 PM

I want to get the white one. The only good thing about the premium is that it is black (if you like black) and it comes with some accessories and Nintendo Land. I don't care about the accessories, so I wouldn't mind buying the premium bundle, but I want the white. Too bad the premium doesn't come in white :(

It would of been nice, but it would of cost them a lot more money to have 4 bundles instead of just 2
Posted Image
Check out my video game collection blog at http://genesaturn.blogspot.com/
Feel free to add me as a friend on your 3DS and Wii U as well - Friend Code = 1289-9502-7134 / Nintendo ID - Tricky

#51 Ixchel

Ixchel

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 874 posts

Posted 15 September 2012 - 01:39 PM

I get what you're saying, but anyone who can dump $300 on a video game console can dump $350 without breaking the bank.

Not so much as can't afford as not wanting to waste 50 on Nintendo Land, useless plastic, and a digital subscription if you're not into that. :P
Posted Image

#52 -JJ-

-JJ-

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 116 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 15 September 2012 - 01:42 PM

I saw something that said the premium bundle has better online play or something. Is this true? If I get the basic white one will I still be able to play online without a crappy connection?
Posted Image

#53 Ixchel

Ixchel

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 874 posts

Posted 15 September 2012 - 01:46 PM

I saw something that said the premium bundle has better online play or something. Is this true? If I get the basic white one will I still be able to play online without a crappy connection?

Didn't hear anything about better server connection or anything. Just the premium service which so far includes 10% discount and points with purchases.
Posted Image

#54 Tricky Sonic

Tricky Sonic

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,853 posts
  • NNID:Tricky
  • Fandom:
    Sega, Sonic, Warcraft, Final Fantasy

Posted 15 September 2012 - 01:47 PM

No, its just bundled with the Premium service..you can still play online for free or subscribe to the premium on the basic bundle.
Posted Image
Check out my video game collection blog at http://genesaturn.blogspot.com/
Feel free to add me as a friend on your 3DS and Wii U as well - Friend Code = 1289-9502-7134 / Nintendo ID - Tricky

#55 Noonabites

Noonabites

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 813 posts

Posted 15 September 2012 - 01:50 PM

I think the basic bundle is great for anyone interested in the WiiU for mere casual play (like my mom). No need to pay more when you aren't going to use much. For most of us though, the deal feels like a no brainer.

#56 -JJ-

-JJ-

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 116 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 15 September 2012 - 01:52 PM

oh ok what is the difference between premium online service and the regular kind? Will I be at a huge disadvantage if I get the regular online service with the white Wii U?
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!