SolxBurst

Okami Amaterasu

• Writers
  • 630 posts
  • NNID:SolxBurst
  • Fandom:
    Okami, Fire Emblem, Legend of Zelda

Posted 16 September 2012 - 06:56 AM

With the recent announcement of Battlefield 3 Premium Edition coming to retailers soon, I have been curious if this means that there could be a Wii U version, we have not heard anything about it for a while. So I tweeted to @Battlefield asking them if there was a possibility. They replied with:

@solxburst There is no official word regarding that at this moment! ^SA

It's not much but at least it was not a "it is not coming". There may still be hope.

2jd1178.jpg

"...A well written villain is a hero in his/her own world..."

#2 rschauby

rschauby

Green Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 06:58 AM

Given that EA already has their next Medal of Honor game releasing soon and also have announced Battlefield 4, I feel that the Wii has a better chance at these 2 titles.

#3 SolxBurst

SolxBurst

Okami Amaterasu

• Writers
  • 630 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 16 September 2012 - 07:01 AM

Given that EA already has their next Medal of Honor game releasing soon and also have announced Battlefield 4, I feel that the Wii has a better chance at these 2 titles.

That is true, but remember that the company we are dealing with is EA, and they love spreading themselves out as far as possible to get as much revenue as possible. In other words; they love money, and this would make them money.

2jd1178.jpg

#4 Nintendustin

Nintendustin

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 483 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 16 September 2012 - 07:05 AM

BF > CoD

I can only hope.

#5 rschauby

rschauby

Green Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 07:09 AM

Honestly, I don't see many games being ported over to Wii U that have already been released. The only exception I know of so far is Mass Effect 3.

Wii U will be in much better shape if Nintendo concentrates on getting the upcoming AAA multi-plat titles. Going after last year's titles isn't going to help the system.

#6 SolxBurst

SolxBurst

Okami Amaterasu

• Writers
  • 630 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 16 September 2012 - 07:14 AM

Honestly, I don't see many games being ported over to Wii U that have already been released.

Batman: Arkham City Armored Edition, Darksiders 2, Trine 2: Directors Cut, and Tekken Tag Tournament 2. There a quite a few but what they do is include some sort of update/DLC to make it all worth your while, which is exactly what Battlefield 3 Premium Edition is. And if EA wants to put Battlefield 3 on Wii U, I am sure Nintendo would not oppose a new fan base coming to their console.

Edited by SolxBurst, 16 September 2012 - 07:14 AM.

2jd1178.jpg

#7 giggity3000

giggity3000

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 381 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 07:17 AM

no. the end

1367065580450s.jpg

#8 Tricky Sonic

Tricky Sonic

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,853 posts
  • NNID:Tricky
  • Fandom:
    Sega, Sonic, Warcraft, Final Fantasy

Posted 16 September 2012 - 07:44 AM

While I wouldn't be opposed to seeing it out on the Wii U...I agree it's unlikely and think EA should focus on new IP's and future releases for the Wii U
Posted Image
Check out my video game collection blog at http://genesaturn.blogspot.com/
Feel free to add me as a friend on your 3DS and Wii U as well - Friend Code = 1289-9502-7134 / Nintendo ID - Tricky

#9 Crackkat

Crackkat

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,266 posts
  • Fandom:
    zelda mainly, most nintendo stuff too

Posted 16 September 2012 - 07:45 AM

well if there was ever a time to announce it it would have been last thursday, i don't think we're getting any more game announcements for 2012 to be honest. besides, if medal of honour isn't gonna be on wii u (i dont get why but EA clearly are stupid) then BF3 certainly has a very low chance
Posted Image

#10 Tricky Sonic

Tricky Sonic

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,853 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 16 September 2012 - 07:51 AM

well if there was ever a time to announce it it would have been last thursday, i don't think we're getting any more game announcements for 2012 to be honest. besides, if medal of honour isn't gonna be on wii u (i dont get why but EA clearly are stupid) then BF3 certainly has a very low chance

I think we will see announcements..but not for releases in the 2012 window
Posted Image
Feel free to add me as a friend on your 3DS and Wii U as well - Friend Code = 1289-9502-7134 / Nintendo ID - Tricky

#11 Soul

Soul

TYBG

• Members
  • 3,660 posts
  • Fandom:
    I ENJOY HIP HOP BEATS

Posted 16 September 2012 - 08:04 AM

That Cryengine game WILL be announced with some Eshop games, and maybe Retro's game will be.

#12 starraters

starraters

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 78 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 08:33 AM

Nope but battlefield 4 is http://wiiudaily.com...eld-3-on-wii-u/

#13 nintendo3DS

nintendo3DS

Pokemon Master

• Members
  • 1,624 posts
  • Fandom:
    Pokemon, FF XIII trilogy

Posted 16 September 2012 - 09:13 AM

Wow. That's interesting, sol. I hope it does come over.

#14 Crackkat

Crackkat

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,266 posts
  • Fandom:
    zelda mainly, most nintendo stuff too

Posted 16 September 2012 - 09:23 AM

I think we will see announcements..but not for releases in the 2012 window

yes exactly, that's what i mean :)

That Cryengine game WILL be announced with some Eshop games, and maybe Retro's game will be.

Sniper Ghost Warrior 2. that's the cryengine 3 game (i may have got the name slightly wrong)
Posted Image

#15 SolxBurst

SolxBurst

Okami Amaterasu

• Writers
  • 630 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 16 September 2012 - 09:44 AM

Nope but battlefield 4 is http://wiiudaily.com...eld-3-on-wii-u/

Well, the information I got says different. If it were not true than he would say it isn't going too. At least I hope they would. Remember this was one of their "sources" which cannot always be trusted, it was not EA saying it for sure.

2jd1178.jpg

#16 Usman Mohammad

Usman Mohammad

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 350 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 09:46 AM

In my personal opinion, Battlefield just should stay on PC. The console ports are just inferior, they're good ports but it's not how the game should be played, it maybe on consoles, it's just isn't how the developers wanted the game to look.

I own BF3, and the amount of aliasing is ridiculous and compared to well CoD.

Unless it's not scaled down then I'm fine with it being on a console.

The other thing that puts me off BF3 is just the community, the main reason they give for it being better than CoD is just because it looks better, but not about other advantages the gameplay offers like squad based tactics ie squad spawning and squad based game play, larger maps for a wider scope of tactics (the problem is exactly that in MW3, in MW2 you had a variety of maps, large maps were the fan favourites like Afghan, Wasteland, Derail, but MW3 is just a claustrophobic mess designed for people that can only get kills by rushing straight into their enemy), more emphasis on what weapon attatchments people use.

Those advantages is what need to be put forward but the community just over look those and say "oh it looks better" to which my response is "yeah if you want to look at aliasing, Though in my opinion neither game is superior to the other, none is better I liked them both, but why I play CoD more is just that is a lot more fun in my opinion. You can't argue against fun, and that's what matters.

#17 SolxBurst

SolxBurst

Okami Amaterasu

• Writers
  • 630 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 16 September 2012 - 10:11 AM

In my personal opinion, Battlefield just should stay on PC. The console ports are just inferior, they're good ports but it's not how the game should be played, it maybe on consoles, it's just isn't how the developers wanted the game to look.

I own BF3, and the amount of aliasing is ridiculous and compared to well CoD.

Unless it's not scaled down then I'm fine with it being on a console.

The other thing that puts me off BF3 is just the community, the main reason they give for it being better than CoD is just because it looks better, but not about other advantages the gameplay offers like squad based tactics ie squad spawning and squad based game play, larger maps for a wider scope of tactics (the problem is exactly that in MW3, in MW2 you had a variety of maps, large maps were the fan favourites like Afghan, Wasteland, Derail, but MW3 is just a claustrophobic mess designed for people that can only get kills by rushing straight into their enemy), more emphasis on what weapon attatchments people use.

Those advantages is what need to be put forward but the community just over look those and say "oh it looks better" to which my response is "yeah if you want to look at aliasing, Though in my opinion neither game is superior to the other, none is better I liked them both, but why I play CoD more is just that is a lot more fun in my opinion. You can't argue against fun, and that's what matters.

I love Battlefield 3, it looks great, its very fun, and tactical. And I play on Xbox 360. I don't think that they shouldn't downscale things because they would be cutting their fanbase dramatically. But I understand what you are saying, the community is too concerned about "them GRafics!" and not the amazing detail put into the balancing and gameplay. Now I do not want them to cut out consoles completely but maybe instead of trying to make the game at the same level as say, Bad Company 2, graphics-wise anyways. that would be nice, but with the next generation of consoles on the very close horizon, we could see this even out.

2jd1178.jpg

#18 Tricky Sonic

Tricky Sonic

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,853 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 16 September 2012 - 10:26 AM

I'll take BF4 instead of a rushed port of 3
Posted Image

#19 SolxBurst

SolxBurst

Okami Amaterasu

• Writers
  • 630 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 16 September 2012 - 10:33 AM

I'll take BF4 instead of a rushed port of 3

Why not both, nothing is stopping them from doing both. And do not say money because they would make ALL of that money back.

2jd1178.jpg

#20 Penguin101

Penguin101

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 989 posts
  • NNID:t002tyrant_86

Posted 16 September 2012 - 10:34 AM

I heard they were concerntrating on bringing BF4 out instead for Wii U

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Battlefield, possibility, premium, edition

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!