Photo

Amazon has 3rd party pre orders available for $550 and up!

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 GreatestGamer

GreatestGamer

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 77 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 07:48 PM

They seem to be by reputable sellers, maybe a chance for some people that want a Wii U bad enough but are not able to get one for the normal price through the store.

#2 Mignaga

Mignaga

JOO TAKE MAH EMMERROWDS?!

• Members
  • 1,504 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zero Escape Metroid Madoka

Posted 26 September 2012 - 07:53 PM

This is just crazy. I wonder if the average price will go down when people realize that Reggie has promised that there will be enough Wii Us to go around, after launch.

Mig_Sig.png

Be wary, the suck is coming.

#3 jono

jono

Boo

• Members
  • 552 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 07:53 PM

OH GOODY

#4 GreatestGamer

GreatestGamer

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 77 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 08:05 PM

This is just crazy. I wonder if the average price will go down when people realize that Reggie has promised that there will be enough Wii Us to go around, after launch.

http://www.amazon.co...8&condition=new

Yep, and then they are gonna have to sell them at Face Value, maybe a little profit but surely nothing over $50.

#5 Hank Hill

Hank Hill

Propaniac

• Moderators
  • 2,203 posts
  • NNID:GameCollector
  • Fandom:
    Professor Layton, inFAMOUS

Posted 27 September 2012 - 06:41 AM

Aha. Ahahaha.

Posted Image

GameZombie44.png

The post above was certified to be simply smashing by the Wii U Forum Staff.

http://www.ebay.com/...mecollector1982

#6 Desert Punk

Desert Punk

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 656 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 11:14 PM

There has been some strikes at Foxconn recently who manufacture the wii u which could be a factor. Nintendo clearly want to engineer the same brilliant launch they had for the original wii which means they will need to be careful how much stock they place at retail. Nothing could be worse for Nintendo than on Christmas Eve there is still generous amounts of wii u stock everywhere because they will likely be discounted in the sales causing the wii u perceived value to be reduced.

#7 Socalmuscle

Socalmuscle

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,677 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 02:21 PM

The iPhone 5 sold 5 million at launch. Right away.

They are also suffering from the Foxconn issues.

Different buildings. different staff.

But overrall, the effect is caught on amongst the company.

That said, I believe the Wii U preorder sellout carries the possibility of being manufactured to some degree. Although, after such a long wait for the new generation to begin, it makes sense that consumers have snapped this system up like hotcakes as soon as possible. Also, there are many who have ordered multiple systems just to sell them on ebay.

Nintendo will definitely want to have as many systems available from November through January as possible, since selling more games for those systems means more money. And the more systems sold = more games sold.

there is possibility for phony buzz to be created with the preorder thing to get it in the public mindshare that the Wii U is "highly sought after" which it actually seems to be, fake buzz or no. but No company wants a shortage of their product to impact their bottom line, which is the whole reason they go through the trouble of creating buzz to begin with.

Reggie isn't Nintendo.

He is just the American face of Nintendo and he does what Iwata tells him to.

I imagine Nintendo will have enough consoles to meet demand by Christmas. But the possibility does exist that pent up demand for next generation hardware would cause many to get this for themselves, their children, and their grandchildren this Christmas, upcoming Birthdays, etc. And that could see to a sellout of iPhone proportions. wouldn't be surprised at all.

#8 Noonabites

Noonabites

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 813 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 07:29 PM

Reggie isn't Nintendo.

He is just the American face of Nintendo and he does what Iwata tells him to.

Reggie isn't Nintendo, but Nintendo of America actually makes it's own decisions when it comes to distribution and such. They are more than just a face. Why would a Japanese marketing team be in charge of American marketing? Same goes for Europe.

--

Anywho, this isn't worth it. At all. If anyone is looking for a cheaper option... Camping is the only way my friend.

#9 GreatestGamer

GreatestGamer

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 77 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 05:36 AM

Reggie isn't Nintendo, but Nintendo of America actually makes it's own decisions when it comes to distribution and such. They are more than just a face. Why would a Japanese marketing team be in charge of American marketing? Same goes for Europe.

--

Anywho, this isn't worth it. At all. If anyone is looking for a cheaper option... Camping is the only way my friend.

But as sure as you know, people will pay those crazy prices, they did with 360, PS3 and Wii.
Me personally would I??? No, the most I would pay is maybe a $100 profit price, but not a extra $300-400 for the console.

#10 Xzbeat

Xzbeat

Goomba

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 01:45 AM

Yeah, I think demand has exceeded a lot of expectations
Posted Image

#11 MOFO

MOFO

Shy Guy

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 09:20 AM

Sellers are on crack if they think I would spend almost double from retail, hopefully NINTENDO ramps up production and releases more units for sale. Sad part is a lot of people would pay those prices.

Edited by MOFO, 07 October 2012 - 09:21 AM.

#12 Desert Punk

Desert Punk

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 656 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 12:29 PM

According to this report;

http://www.digitimes...21004PD204.html

wii u shipments started in August from Foxconn so retail production may have started as early as July and maybe earlier than that like June or May for the early production samples getting tested for quality with soak & stress testing etc.

You don't always get good numbers at the beginning of production though as a higher percentage will often fail quality checks and some suppliers of components may have their own supply issues. I seem to remember in the past some console production was limited due to lack of available chips.

I have no idea if the Foxconn strike effects wii u production. The media has some sort of obsession with Apple when it comes to Foxconn. They never seem to mention that Nintendo, Microsoft, Sony and a huge number of other mainstream brands have their goods manufactured by Foxconn. When there was the Foxconn suicides for some reason none of the console manufacturers got dragged into it.

Logically though some existing products will have stock cover for many months like ps3 and 360 and I would of thought its more likely their production would be reduced rather than wii u if these strikes continue.

#13 Colinx

Colinx

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,301 posts
  • Fandom:
    Animal Crossing & SeaWorld

Posted 07 October 2012 - 01:25 PM

I think they actually NEED to have a crap ton of stock. People who will buy a Wii U now for XMAS might reconsider if they cannot find one and once they show off the PS4 and 720 they will change their minds about getting a Wii U for their main console.

These outrageous prices are obviously made by people who do not read much, they think this is just going to be the same as the Wii launch. If Nintendo is smart they will have a huge ton of Wii U's available before June 2013.

2lvmghw.png

#14 xile6

xile6

Alchemist

• Members
  • 1,532 posts
  • NNID:xile06x

Posted 07 October 2012 - 01:52 PM

I think they actually NEED to have a crap ton of stock. People who will buy a Wii U now for XMAS might reconsider if they cannot find one and once they show off the PS4 and 720 they will change their minds about getting a Wii U for their main console.

These outrageous prices are obviously made by people who do not read much, they think this is just going to be the same as the Wii launch. If Nintendo is smart they will have a huge ton of Wii U's available before June 2013.

am on the same page.
They can throw 10 to each store, every now and then like the wii.
Butwhen xmas starts to get close there going to have to pop them out fast or else people will buy other stuff.
youtube ch. http://www.youtube.com/user/xile2010/
xile06 "N" ID
Cod bo2, AC3, Zombiu, NSMB, Pikmin 3, Wind Waker HD, Smash Bro wiiu,
Preorders : ..
Plan to buy : -

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!