SolxBurst

Okami Amaterasu

• Writers
  • 630 posts
  • NNID:SolxBurst
  • Fandom:
    Okami, Fire Emblem, Legend of Zelda

Posted 18 September 2012 - 02:23 PM

On the box of the Wii U there is something called Wii U Chat, and I like what I see.

http://mynintendonews.com/2012/09/18/official-wii-u-packaging-reveals-new-feature-called-wii-u-chat/

The one that stood out to me was, "Communicate with other Wii U owners in real time with Wii U Chat".

2jd1178.jpg

"...A well written villain is a hero in his/her own world..."

#2 Mushlikeahusky

Mushlikeahusky

Thwomp

• Members
  • 339 posts
  • Fandom:
    Banjo Kazooie

Posted 18 September 2012 - 02:25 PM

It would be cool if you could face time using the game-pad. Maybe thats what it means??
Posted Image

#3 Abcdude

Abcdude

Cool Dude of Letters

• Members
  • 1,239 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendough and Gravy Falls

Posted 18 September 2012 - 02:26 PM

This will probably be the facetime feature shown in the Wii U together trailer

794144.png?13383682

#4 Tricky Sonic

Tricky Sonic

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,853 posts
  • NNID:Tricky
  • Fandom:
    Sega, Sonic, Warcraft, Final Fantasy

Posted 18 September 2012 - 02:30 PM

Looking forward to the next Nintendo Direct. I'm assuming they will cover all the miiverse unknowns
Posted Image
Check out my video game collection blog at http://genesaturn.blogspot.com/
Feel free to add me as a friend on your 3DS and Wii U as well - Friend Code = 1289-9502-7134 / Nintendo ID - Tricky

#5 Expansion Pak

Expansion Pak

Enlightened Fanboy

• Members
  • 821 posts
  • NNID:Koopamann14
  • Fandom:
    Pokemon the Series: XY and PS4

Posted 18 September 2012 - 02:45 PM

Looks good!

I shower you with coconut cream pies.

#6 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 18 September 2012 - 02:46 PM

http://www.nintendo....u/features.html
http://www.nintendo....atures-miiverse
I'll never understand why people don't just go to Nintendo's various websites rather than doing weird stuff like zooming in on box art.

Edited by Nollog, 18 September 2012 - 02:47 PM.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#7 Foot

Foot

The most badass sociopath to ever exist.

• Members
  • 1,038 posts
  • NNID:DPapcinEVO
  • Fandom:
    Sock Wars, Shoehorn Leghorn

Posted 18 September 2012 - 02:49 PM

If its a messaging system like Xbox live and has that video chat thing I'm PUMPED!!!
I am the foot. I do not like you. You smother me with socks and shoes, then step on me thousands of times a day.

We foot will rebel one day.

#8 SolxBurst

SolxBurst

Okami Amaterasu

• Writers
  • 630 posts
  • NNID:SolxBurst
  • Fandom:
    Okami, Fire Emblem, Legend of Zelda

Posted 18 September 2012 - 02:51 PM

http://www.nintendo....u/features.html
http://www.nintendo....atures-miiverse
I'll never understand why people don't just go to Nintendo's various websites rather than doing weird stuff like zooming in on box art.

The main reason behind the article is the labeling of "Wii U Chat", which I believe has not been said, the fact that it is labeled as something may prove that there are more features inside of "Wii U Chat".

2jd1178.jpg

"...A well written villain is a hero in his/her own world..."

#9 Foot

Foot

The most badass sociopath to ever exist.

• Members
  • 1,038 posts
  • NNID:DPapcinEVO
  • Fandom:
    Sock Wars, Shoehorn Leghorn

Posted 18 September 2012 - 02:52 PM

The main reason behind the article is the labeling of "Wii U Chat", which I believe has not been said, the fact that it is labeled as something may prove that there are more features inside of "Wii U Chat".

I love how the Miiverse thing says "Enter the Miiverse." lol
I am the foot. I do not like you. You smother me with socks and shoes, then step on me thousands of times a day.

We foot will rebel one day.

#10 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 18 September 2012 - 02:58 PM

ya but reggie said two e3's ago it's a given! :P

I love how the Miiverse thing says "Enter the Miiverse." lol

Posted Image

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#11 -JJ-

-JJ-

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 116 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mrs. Doubtfire, Madea, Corneria

Posted 18 September 2012 - 03:46 PM

that sounds so cool! I really want the online communications to improve. It is so hard to communicate with people on the Wii :(
Posted Image

#12 Tom

Tom

The Unicorn

• Members
  • 877 posts
  • NNID:IAmTom
  • Fandom:
    Animal Crossing

Posted 18 September 2012 - 04:02 PM

Gosh, I can't wait to talk to all you strangers on the Wii U.

"I'M NOT BEING PESSIMISTIC, I'M BEING REALISTIC." - EVERY PESSIMIST EVER.

#13 -JJ-

-JJ-

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 116 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mrs. Doubtfire, Madea, Corneria

Posted 18 September 2012 - 04:03 PM

yeah lol i dont think i would wanna video chat im too shy hahaha
Posted Image

#14 coolsarahkry

coolsarahkry

Blooper

• Members
  • 176 posts
  • Fandom:
    Pokemon, Avatar:TLA, Glee

Posted 18 September 2012 - 04:08 PM

I would chat with people I know. I hope they offer instant messaging without video.
Posted Imageby cerberuz

#15 Mignaga

Mignaga

JOO TAKE MAH EMMERROWDS?!

• Members
  • 1,504 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zero Escape Metroid Madoka

Posted 18 September 2012 - 04:46 PM

Cool. The more they confirm stuff the happier I get.

Mig_Sig.png

Be wary, the suck is coming.

#16 Usman Mohammad

Usman Mohammad

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 350 posts

Posted 19 September 2012 - 12:38 AM

ya but reggie said two e3's ago it's a given! :P

Posted Image

It's nintnedo, a lot of things are a given but they never seem to implement it properly. I just hope this is not a standalone app/channel/software, because that would just be pontless like PS3s party chat feature. Since i'm sure you would only be able to use it outside of a game and not while playing, if the chat software is a stand alone software.

What I hope they do is get skype on board, it may be owned by MS but at the end of the day MS is services company they're more happy for a wide number of people to use there services than just people with Microsoft Accounts/Windows Live accounts. So it will be a win for Nintendo, a win for Microsoft and a win for the consumer because they won't be locked down into properitary hardware chat only.

It would be cool if you could face time using the game-pad. Maybe thats what it means??

This is the first time I've heard someone call general video calling face time. Usually people say skyping or just video calling, so I'm shocked at how Apple's word is now used for something that has always existed, long before face time.

#17 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 19 September 2012 - 08:20 AM

It's nintnedo, a lot of things are a given but they never seem to implement it properly. I just hope this is not a standalone app/channel/software, because that would just be pontless like PS3s party chat feature. Since i'm sure you would only be able to use it outside of a game and not while playing, if the chat software is a stand alone software.

What I hope they do is get skype on board, it may be owned by MS but at the end of the day MS is services company they're more happy for a wide number of people to use there services than just people with Microsoft Accounts/Windows Live accounts. So it will be a win for Nintendo, a win for Microsoft and a win for the consumer because they won't be locked down into properitary hardware chat only.

This is the first time I've heard someone call general video calling face time. Usually people say skyping or just video calling, so I'm shocked at how Apple's word is now used for something that has always existed, long before face time.

I concur with everything in this post.

\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Wii, Chat

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!