• Please log in to reply
89 replies to this topic

#1 MrMonopolyguy13

MrMonopolyguy13

Shy Guy

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 02:22 PM

What is your personal opinion on Zombiu from you have have seen/heard about it? I believe it looks very promising and has massive potential but it could be a fail. The game looks to be too linear and I think the melee animations are really sloppy. Like when you swing the cricket bat it does the exact same slow animation over and over again. I don't want to overanalyze and critique every little thing but I've been really wanting to know what others think about it and its potential. So what does everybody think?

#2 Blake

Blake

Lakitu

• Banned
  • 2,197 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 02:25 PM

It definitely has potential. Yes, it could very well fail, but I believe it will be a very good game.

#3 MrMonopolyguy13

MrMonopolyguy13

Shy Guy

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 02:30 PM

It definitely has potential. Yes, it could very well fail, but I believe it will be a very good game.

Honestly in the end I do too. I can already see it will have some flaws here and there but I'm almost guaranteed it will sell really well just from seeing how Ubisoft is showing it off as the hardcore Wii U experience that utilizes the gamepad fully

#4 Mignaga

Mignaga

JOO TAKE MAH EMMERROWDS?!

• Members
  • 1,504 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zero Escape Metroid Madoka

Posted 20 September 2012 - 02:36 PM

It is going to be good. It won't get dragged down by bad animations, or linearity. Neither of those two things will be important when the real points to the game are:
1. To show off the Gamepad.
2. To scare you.
3. Be really really hard.
From what I can tell it is doing all of those things, and will make it a great game in my book.

Mig_Sig.png

Be wary, the suck is coming.

#5 Expansion Pak

Expansion Pak

Enlightened Fanboy

• Members
  • 821 posts
  • NNID:Koopamann14
  • Fandom:
    Pokemon the Series: XY and PS4

Posted 20 September 2012 - 02:41 PM

POPULAR

angry-dark-stare.jpg
ZOMBIU IS GOING TO BE BOSS. NO QUESTIONS. NO DISCUSSIONS. NO DOUBTS.

I shower you with coconut cream pies.

#6 MrMonopolyguy13

MrMonopolyguy13

Shy Guy

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 02:41 PM

It is going to be good. It won't get dragged down by bad animations, or linearity. Neither of those two things will be important when the real points to the game are:
1. To show off the Gamepad.
2. To scare you.
3. Be really really hard.
From what I can tell it is doing all of those things, and will make it a great game in my book.

You are 100% on those 3 points. Those 3 great things will probably outshine any of the flaws in the game. I guess the main thing I've been worried about it if the game is too short. I don't wanna pay $60 for a game that might only take 8 hours to beat. Then again the length of a game has always been a factor for me since I grew up playing such huge and lengthy games like Ocarina of Time and Mario 64

#7 Caius Casshern Sins

Caius Casshern Sins

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,263 posts
  • Fandom:
    Yu-Gi-Oh, Pokemon, Megaman, more.

Posted 20 September 2012 - 03:00 PM

I think it will be an awesome addition to the Wii U. It could fail but like Mig says the game will be looked at for those three aspects. Now if the game is a success, ubisoft will pour more money into it and the devs will improve on it.
Posted Image
Co-Leader of the A.D.P.F
Lose yourself in battle, and rejoice
After War there is Death ~ Goddess Palutena, victory is ours
Yeah, you've done a great job so far, letting the Metal Heads destroy the palace.

#8 Tsuchinoko

Tsuchinoko

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 636 posts
  • Fandom:
    Dat Mario Kart Life.

Posted 20 September 2012 - 03:09 PM

I think ZombiU will be good. The thing I'm most excited about is that they say it's supposed to be super hard. I am so hyped for that alone. The game looks good and some animation flaws is not something I even care about. I just want the game to be a decent length and to be hard. And I want it to show me that the Gamepad is an awesome controller to have. Oh and have variety in it's environments so that it doesn't seem like I am exploring the same area over and over again.

Sad thing is there is a part of me that thinks it could be possible that it isn't all that great. Like how Red Steel was supposed to be the great game to show off the Wii, but turned out to have lots of flaws and wasn't all that great of a game.
zZJ9pHB.png
Special thanks to Horchata. I appreciate it so much.

#9 Falconberg

Falconberg

Spiny

• Members
  • 206 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 04:33 PM

So far in terms of hands on reviews many have dsaid this was their favorite game they tried on wii u so we know the controls are gonna be pretty good or else they would've not liked it.
As far as story they got the dude who wrote the dead space comics (Been templesmith I think) to help write it and I can't see why'd they bother unless there is indeed a story (likely a good one) that means it won't be a 6 hour game. (i hope) I'm looking forward to it.
-falconberg (Nintendo Network ID)

#10 nintendo3DS

nintendo3DS

Pokemon Master

• Members
  • 1,624 posts
  • Fandom:
    Pokemon, FF XIII trilogy

Posted 20 September 2012 - 07:34 PM

Can't wait for this game!!! Two zombie games this Holiday. ZombiU and BO2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#11 LaserSWE

LaserSWE

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 136 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 04:16 AM

It looks great and I love everything that ive seen and heard about it so far. Super-excited!
Although i believe that a lot of consumers will think of this game as something that its not and end up getting dissapointed. This is a difficult and single-player oriented survival horror-game specifically designed for the hardcore-gamer crowd. Some consumers problably are expecting Left 4 Dead or something.
I will pick it up at launch and hopefully so will many others.

(Also Ubi Soft Montpellier is one of my favorite devs out there)

#12 BobbyRiddle

BobbyRiddle

Thwomp

• Members
  • 326 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 08:54 AM

It better be good since I preordered it. Seriously, even if the game has a little repetition with the starting weapon I don't think it will be a dealbreaker. Look at Dead Island. It felt like all you did for hours upon hours was beat Zombies with melee weapons, and it was still fun. All of the videos have stressed that there is plenty of exploration to be done, so I cannot imagine that it will be totally linear either.
Currently playing: AC 3, ZombiU, BLOPS 2, Nintendoland, NSMBU, Nano Assault Neo, Halo 4, Darksiders 2, and Far Cry 3

Wii U ID------BeMore

#13 Dragon

Dragon

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,070 posts
  • Fandom:
    Playing my Wii U!

Posted 22 September 2012 - 01:09 AM

It has the potential to start a new franchise (I know about Zombi). I like the fact that Ubisoft is already considering a sequel. Definitely a Day 1 buy for me.

Posted Image

#14 That64Kid

That64Kid

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 63 posts
  • Fandom:
    I love you

Posted 22 September 2012 - 06:56 AM

I think it'll be good. I'm a big fan of zombie games so I sure that I won't be disappointed.

They really need to make a new open-world zombie game though. :|

I hope Dead Island: Riptide comes out on the Wii U

Edited by That64Kid, 22 September 2012 - 06:57 AM.

#15 Nintendustin

Nintendustin

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 483 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 22 September 2012 - 10:10 AM

I know if it isn't CoD/Halo/L4D in terms of its FPS feel and gameplay, people will hate on it. However, I want a slow, smart, difficult, survival FPS feel. I don't need or want to go fast and do 360 degrees headshots while jumping off a teammate's head in a dolphin dive backflip handspring knife kill. I want realism. I expect possible flaws. I also understand this game could fail in terms of gameplay/controls. No matter what, I want it. Lastly, not having online multiplayer doesn't hurt this game in m opinion. However, I wish we had online co-op.

#16 JaylisJayP

JaylisJayP

Spiny

• Members
  • 243 posts

Posted 22 September 2012 - 01:06 PM

You are 100% on those 3 points. Those 3 great things will probably outshine any of the flaws in the game. I guess the main thing I've been worried about it if the game is too short. I don't wanna pay $60 for a game that might only take 8 hours to beat. Then again the length of a game has always been a factor for me since I grew up playing such huge and lengthy games like Ocarina of Time and Mario 64

I have it pre-ordered and mostly paid off but I'm with you on the length...if it's not at least 10 hours I'll put my money toward Rayman Legends instead. It's not that I don't think it'll be fun, but if there's no replay value and it's short, I'll wait until it's $30 or so. NSMBU and Nintendo Land will keep me busy, and there's Lego City, Wonderful 101, Monster Hunter and Bayonetta right on the horizon.

#17 backudog

backudog

Spiny

• Members
  • 243 posts
  • NNID:backudog

Posted 22 September 2012 - 01:19 PM

I'm sure it'll have it's flaws, most games do, but any probs will be sorted out in the sequel. Hopefully. I'm sure it'll be a fun game though nonetheless! I just bought the 4 resident evil movies on bluray to get me in the mood for some zombie smashing, and just saw the latest one too, great stuff! "RAAAAAARR!!!" DAKKADAKKADAKKA!! BOOM!!! Milla jovovich..mmmm..Etc etc...
I hear voices in my head all the time, telling me what to do. But I just ignore them and carry on killing.

#18 nintendo3DS

nintendo3DS

Pokemon Master

• Members
  • 1,624 posts
  • Fandom:
    Pokemon, FF XIII trilogy

Posted 22 September 2012 - 01:29 PM

I'm sure it'll have it's flaws, most games do, but any probs will be sorted out in the sequel.

Or an update. :P

#19 Auzzie Wingman

Auzzie Wingman

Mournblade

• Members
  • 4,346 posts
  • NNID:AuzzieWingman
  • Fandom:
    Not enough space here

Posted 22 September 2012 - 01:51 PM

I'm not sure if constantly dying in short plays (each survivor) is going to give the title a boost or give it flak. Expect teh reagquitz!

Some other gamers may also be turned off by the social interactions (in that it isn't direct multiplayer) and that's probably something that can only be determined by direct interaction with the game. The concept of everyone scrambling to ransack a dead survivors backpack is amazing in concept, but you really need to see that competitiveness in video to do the idea justice. As it is now, it's not the easiest idea to convey to pique interest. So Ubisoft really needs to give the public (by that, I mean those who are gamers but aren't so steeped in internet lore) the message.

Other than that, I think this title is simply fantastic. It definitely breaks itself free from other FPS/TPS titles, not only in setting and story, but as to how it's played.

Trophy Cards are classy too! LOLZIGZAGOON

AuzzieWingman.png

#20 backudog

backudog

Spiny

• Members
  • 243 posts
  • NNID:backudog

Posted 22 September 2012 - 09:14 PM

What's the betting that assuming zombieU is the hit I'm guessing it'll be, we see a lot more games with permadeath popping up all over the place? Like when GOW came out and suddenly almost every game after had the same style run n gun cam effect..erm..thing? Ok permadeath wouldn't work for every type of game, but ya know, I'm just sayin'.
I hear voices in my head all the time, telling me what to do. But I just ignore them and carry on killing.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: zombiu, wiiu, game

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!