• Please log in to reply
89 replies to this topic

#21 Demon

Demon

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 95 posts

Posted 22 September 2012 - 09:19 PM

I'm honestly really sceptical of the game, i guess it's a good thing that it is releasing in NA before AUS, that way i can find some reviews and more gameplay footage =)

#22 zaine10

zaine10

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 16 posts
  • NNID:zaine2013

Posted 23 September 2012 - 12:59 AM

I think it is going to be a good game and not because I really like zombies. I just wish it wasn't a fps. I just hope that the zombies are cool and they have many different ways that you can kill them and I will be fine with that.

#23 Jonny Epidemic

Jonny Epidemic

Goomba

• Members
  • 7 posts
  • Fandom:
    Princess Rosalina, Monster Hunter

Posted 23 September 2012 - 09:18 AM

Zombie u looks great. Im a fan of the Resident Evil series so chances are i will be a fan of this. I will be picking this up sometime after launch.

#24 Jp27

Jp27

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 99 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 10:50 AM

i think im going to buy the game
Posted Image
Dat awesome person

#25 Nintendustin

Nintendustin

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 483 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 23 September 2012 - 11:12 AM

i think im going to buy the game

That's a good decision to make.

#26 djlewe78

djlewe78

Blooper

• Members
  • 195 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 12:45 PM

Theres no online multiplayer on a console thats supposed bring players together weather there alone oor not. The game looks good but screams tech demo (like red steel did) . Ubisoft threw everything into asc 3, farcry 3, just dance 4, rayman, i just get the feeling its gonna be a short lived but enjoyable game u show ur ps3 mates. Im still buying it though :)

#27 That64Kid

That64Kid

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 63 posts
  • Fandom:
    I love you

Posted 23 September 2012 - 06:26 PM

I can't wait to see how many of you die within the first hour of the game XD

I'm setting a record on this game baby B-)

#28 milky105p

milky105p

Green Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 48 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 11:00 AM

What is your personal opinion on Zombiu from you have have seen/heard about it? I believe it looks very promising and has massive potential but it could be a fail. The game looks to be too linear and I think the melee animations are really sloppy. Like when you swing the cricket bat it does the exact same slow animation over and over again. I don't want to overanalyze and critique every little thing but I've been really wanting to know what others think about it and its potential. So what does everybody think?

I wouldn't say it's linear too much. The games supposed to have random scares and little events so that the games never the same, and there will be branching or multiple paths to get to where you are going and even alternate shortcuts and such to discover like sewer systems. I think the single player looks solid I wish there was some implementation of coop or more multiplayer modes like a straight survival mode with one zombie spawner and like 7 survivors. They are already in the talks of a possible second game which if this one is good, they plan on adding more multi and improving.

I have it pre-ordered and mostly paid off but I'm with you on the length...if it's not at least 10 hours I'll put my money toward Rayman Legends instead. It's not that I don't think it'll be fun, but if there's no replay value and it's short, I'll wait until it's $30 or so. NSMBU and Nintendo Land will keep me busy, and there's Lego City, Wonderful 101, Monster Hunter and Bayonetta right on the horizon.

The developers said they added more to the game since earlier on, and it's about 15 hours long maybe a couple more or less depending on your playing style. There will be multiple paths and secrets and shorcuts to get around the missions so there is replay ability with variety. Plus the zombies and items and scare moments are supposed to be randomated

#29 ZombiCarolyn

ZombiCarolyn

Boo

• Members
  • 536 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 11:50 AM

I read somewhere that either a previewing player or developer called it "brutally difficult," which makes me very, very excited.

#30 scotty79

scotty79

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 295 posts
  • Fandom:
    bf3,cod and timesplitters 2!

Posted 03 October 2012 - 02:48 AM

I'm hoping for some sort of online survival leaderboard really excited about this game as it seems to remind me of re 1 and 2.the latest dev diary 2 only made me more excited
Posted Image

#31 That64Kid

That64Kid

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 63 posts
  • Fandom:
    I love you

Posted 03 October 2012 - 05:16 PM

That'd be really cool! I'd be #1 tho :P

#32 xile6

xile6

Alchemist

• Members
  • 1,532 posts
  • NNID:xile06x

Posted 03 October 2012 - 05:58 PM

Reminds me of left 4 dead, but better.
This games will be a new start for the zombi survival games.
They say if you die you will wake up as another player and will have to find your pack again.
I wanna get this game at launch but probably wont be able to and have to wait till x-mas or after.

I do wish there was mutilplayer tho. But ah it seems it will do without it
youtube ch. http://www.youtube.com/user/xile2010/
xile06 "N" ID
Cod bo2, AC3, Zombiu, NSMB, Pikmin 3, Wind Waker HD, Smash Bro wiiu,
Preorders : ..
Plan to buy : -

#33 CUD

CUD

Super Saiyan Dingus

• Members
  • 1,337 posts
  • NNID:CUDesu
  • Fandom:
    Gaben

Posted 04 October 2012 - 06:15 AM

After having played a bit of this today I am looking forward to it as it does have a lot of potential, however I did have some issues with the interface namely the touch screen's use while looting, it had some issues with responsiveness which I assume is due to it being resistive. Gameplay-wise it was challenging and atmospheric, I like the concept of having many survivors but I get the impression that they don't build on these character's stories enough. Personally I found having to look down at the gamepad to be annoying.

This statement is false. The previous statement is true.

RIP in peace Nintendo.

cCIImXL.png

#34 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 07:18 AM

After having played a bit of this today I am looking forward to it as it does have a lot of potential, however I did have some issues with the interface namely the touch screen's use while looting, it had some issues with responsiveness which I assume is due to it being resistive. Gameplay-wise it was challenging and atmospheric, I like the concept of having many survivors but I get the impression that they don't build on these character's stories enough. Personally I found having to look down at the gamepad to be annoying.

Gamepad responsiveness issues are likely because its a demo unit thats been handled by bazillions of people.

There is no story whatsoever for the player characters, as they are disposable.

NPC's drive the story a la atlus from bioshock.

I would imagine the inventory screen type stuff would be annoying in a crowded noisy environment.

I have seen some question raising things myself. There is no aiming reticule, except for specific weapons like crossbow and sniper, and the weapons iron sights, while there, arent lined up and thus useless.

Is their a button to properly aim?

If not, it would appear whether you hit or not is mostly statiscal, with you hitting more often, and in more damaging places the longer your character stays alive and gathers those experience points. Making death a devastating downgrade. Even if you get those weapons back, ypur new character is going to be lousy with them.

Gamepad responsiveness issues are likely because its a demo unit thats been handled by bazillions of people.

I would imagine the inventory screen type stuff would be annoying in a crowded noisy environment.

I have seen some question raising things myself. There is no aiming reticule, except for specific weapons like crossbow and sniper, and the weapons iron sights, while there, arent lined up and thus useless.

If not, it would appear whether you hit or not is mostly statiscal, with you hitting more often, and in more damaging places the longer your character stays alive and gathers those experience points. Making death a devastating downgrade. Even if you get those weapons back, ypur new character is going to be lousy with them.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#35 That64Kid

That64Kid

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 63 posts
  • Fandom:
    I love you

Posted 04 October 2012 - 08:45 AM

^ ._.

#36 Spleenzorio

Spleenzorio

Thwomp

• Members
  • 339 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 01:56 PM

Where did you get to play it?
Posted Image

Nintendo ID: Spleenzorio

#37 Auzzie Wingman

Auzzie Wingman

Mournblade

• Members
  • 4,346 posts
  • NNID:AuzzieWingman
  • Fandom:
    Not enough space here

Posted 04 October 2012 - 05:50 PM

From what I've read, skill degrading after dying is kinda like that of Digimon World on the PSOne. You lose a portion of your skills, which is randomised. I don't think it's a severe loss though.

Trophy Cards are classy too! LOLZIGZAGOON

AuzzieWingman.png

#38 CUD

CUD

Super Saiyan Dingus

• Members
  • 1,337 posts
  • NNID:CUDesu
  • Fandom:
    Gaben

Posted 05 October 2012 - 12:11 AM

Where did you get to play it?

EB Expo here in Sydney, Australia. I won some tickets and a VIP pass to play the Wii U at an exclusive event last night.

When you hold ZL the character aims the weapon making a crosshair appear at the center of the screen, I am fairly sure this is the only way to use your firearm and it is also rather accurate.

As for the gamepad responsiveness, I'm not so sure the gampad's overuse was the issue I think it was the fact it was a resistive screen that it wasn't working as well with my finger as opposed to a stylus.

Edited by CUD, 05 October 2012 - 12:12 AM.

This statement is false. The previous statement is true.

RIP in peace Nintendo.

cCIImXL.png

#39 Auzzie Wingman

Auzzie Wingman

Mournblade

• Members
  • 4,346 posts
  • NNID:AuzzieWingman
  • Fandom:
    Not enough space here

Posted 05 October 2012 - 12:23 AM

I am so friggin' jelly dude.

Trophy Cards are classy too! LOLZIGZAGOON

AuzzieWingman.png

#40 Spleenzorio

Spleenzorio

Thwomp

• Members
  • 339 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 05:58 AM

EB Expo here in Sydney, Australia. I won some tickets and a VIP pass to play the Wii U at an exclusive event last night.

Posted Image
Posted Image

Nintendo ID: Spleenzorio

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: zombiu, wiiu, game

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!