• Please log in to reply
89 replies to this topic

#61 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 05:04 AM

I have a feeling it wont, Ubisoft has mentioned the possibility of it being ported in the future.

No they didnt.

That was ign blatantly lying. No wonder the pos company was never bought and went up for auction.

Heres the article:

www.ign.com/articles/2012/06/07/e3-2012-zombiu-could-go-multiplatform

Heres what ign said:
In an interview today, senior vice president of
sales and marketing Tony Key discussed how
recently-announced technology from Microsoft
and Sony could allow the game to be ported to
additional platforms after it’s released on Wii U.

Heres what Tony said:
“ZombiU at its core was designed to be a great
Wii U game and in order to make that work on
other platforms they would have to change a lot
of what makes the game cool," he said. "And
I’m not saying that can’t be done, but not in the
next six months, you know?”

Ign blows so damn hard. I hope nobody bids on this pos and it just dissapears.

Ubisoft HAS confirmed however, that smart glass and vita companion play is too primitive and incapable of playing wii u games, and that if wii u game experiences were to be had, the companies would need to play catch up for quite some time to get their solutions to a point where they can play these games.

www.gameranx.com/updates/id/10030/article/ubisoft-wii-u-gamepad-is-more-advanced-than-you-may-think/

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#62 Mitch

Mitch

Dingus

• Members
  • 1,839 posts
  • NNID:Mitch13pavel
  • Fandom:
    Mitch :3

Posted 25 October 2012 - 08:48 AM

Heres a new neat little video from IGN how Zomni U is a must have and reason to by the Wii U

http://www.ign.com/v...u-video-preview

#63 angelo07stang

angelo07stang

Boo

• Members
  • 521 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Zelda, Metroid, mariokart

Posted 25 October 2012 - 09:27 AM

Heres a new neat little video from IGN how Zomni U is a must have and reason to by the Wii U

http://www.ign.com/v...u-video-preview

Just posted this in my status I cant wait to play this game.

Really wish wii u was released in october perfect time to play zombie u for the month of october and on halloween night
Posted Image

#64 scotty79

scotty79

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 295 posts
  • Fandom:
    bf3,cod and timesplitters 2!

Posted 25 October 2012 - 11:29 AM

Fantastic video really glad I ordered the zombiu bundle.Had a feeling it would be a game in the style of the early resident evil games.Happy enough that it looks that way.Graphics actually look really good.Especially the lighting :)
Posted Image

#65 Guest_TRON_*

Guest_TRON_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 October 2012 - 11:47 AM

The reality is the only thing keeping this game from being a GOTY type game from media/journalist is the graphics. I haven't heard many previews talk about the graphics. I know just by watching some of the videos the real time lighting is beyond what I have seen this gen. But if the overall package was of visuals as say the last of us or surpassed that out the gate.... Everyone would be calling this a potential game of the year. Like it or not the majority of the journalist out are graphic whores and without something showing the best graphics they ever seen they tend to not hype the games as much. Like I said just imagine if Zelda skyward sword had graphics of the Zelda hd demo from e3 2011.... I put all my money it would have won game of the year over the likes of skyrim, uncharted 3, and batman Arkham city.

#66 angelo07stang

angelo07stang

Boo

• Members
  • 521 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Zelda, Metroid, mariokart

Posted 25 October 2012 - 11:57 AM

The reality is the only thing keeping this game from being a GOTY type game from media/journalist is the graphics. I haven't heard many previews talk about the graphics. I know just by watching some of the videos the real time lighting is beyond what I have seen this gen. But if the overall package was of visuals as say the last of us or surpassed that out the gate.... Everyone would be calling this a potential game of the year. Like it or not the majority of the journalist out are graphic whores and without something showing the best graphics they ever seen they tend to not hype the games as much. Like I said just imagine if Zelda skyward sword had graphics of the Zelda hd demo from e3 2011.... I put all my money it would have won game of the year over the likes of skyrim, uncharted 3, and batman Arkham city.

I agree with what you are saying but I think the zombie u graphics are amazing and like you said the lighting is incredible.
Posted Image

#67 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 06:08 PM

One word, AWESOME.

#68 Luca

Luca

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 84 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 06:36 PM

Can't wait for it :D Looks really great.

#69 Tsuchinoko

Tsuchinoko

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 636 posts
  • Fandom:
    Dat Mario Kart Life.

Posted 27 October 2012 - 05:22 PM

Looks amazing to me. I am a sucker for extremely difficult games, and from what they are saying this game is just that. Plus Survival Horror is one of my favorite genres. All in all I am very excited and this game is right up my alley.
zZJ9pHB.png
Special thanks to Horchata. I appreciate it so much.

#70 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 10:05 AM

Actually a few interviews have talked about the graphics.

Simply put, they just werent a priority for the team when it came down to what was going to make it into the game. They had limited time and resources, so focusing on one thing meant dropping another. Ie, focusing on graphics would mean less content, as that time would be spent on showing the wii u's muscle instead.

So ubisofts focus was on crafting a compelling original and coherent universe out of zombi u, and things the player could interact with in this universe via the gamepad, which they have 18 discreet different functions in the game, such as using motion control to place wood planks over a door and touch screen to drive nails, forming a player made barricade.

That being said, the power of the wii u can be seen in some not so conspicuous ways. For example, coagulated blood pours out of zombies mouths and streams down their face, they have Faaaar more articulation points in the face (where 90% of polys in a model not covered by armor go) than enemies in ps360 games.

Like ps360 games, everything in the environment has a physics engine attached to it and can be knocked around by player and mob alike, unlile ps360, their is a LOT more debris, and in general stuff, and of a much higher lod than filler geometry in ps360 games. This is likely because devs dont have to bother scaling background objects in order to meet overhead, as the overhead must be considerably higher. Its a nice boon. Because the wii u has extra power, devs dont have to waste time, and filler assets dont look a gen behind. Of course, its not something many people notice, nor look for.

Also, aside from normal ps360 rigid body and softbody physics (boxes and ragdolls) Zombi u features a generous amount of cloth physics, typically used sparingly (main characters), or in small scope games like fighters.

But zombi u just seems to plaster them wantonly, as they seem to like how it looks when zombies shamble through them. Also, tatters of clothing on the zombies themselves are animated via cloth physics.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#71 ZombiCarolyn

ZombiCarolyn

Boo

• Members
  • 536 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 10:55 AM

I feel like the hype is dying down right now and that's just not cool. I needs me some zombie-hypes.

#72 giggity3000

giggity3000

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 381 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 11:15 AM

Thing that bothers me is that the resources they used to develop the multyplayer could have been used on the single player and i don't like linear zombie games, i feel like it'd get stale if they didn't add enough maps to "explore" (Linear?) and it'd probably be a few hours long. Idk but it looks like another dead island scenario and not many people liked that game

1367065580450s.jpg

#73 jono

jono

Boo

• Members
  • 552 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 11:44 AM

I have a feeling it wont, Ubisoft has mentioned the possibility of it being ported in the future.

they'll need to use the Vita or Smartglass to make it work, though.

#74 CUD

CUD

Super Saiyan Dingus

• Members
  • 1,337 posts
  • NNID:CUDesu
  • Fandom:
    Gaben

Posted 31 October 2012 - 11:50 AM

they'll need to use the Vita or Smartglass to make it work, though.

Which is a possibility but they could also just modify the gameplay so it would work without the gamepad.

This statement is false. The previous statement is true.

RIP in peace Nintendo.

cCIImXL.png

#75 jono

jono

Boo

• Members
  • 552 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 12:16 PM

Which is a possibility but they could also just modify the gameplay so it would work without the gamepad.

Yeah, I don't see that happening unless ZombiU sells really poorly.

#76 Stormage09

Stormage09

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 621 posts
  • Fandom:
    Dexter, Walking Dead

Posted 31 October 2012 - 12:24 PM

Yeah, I don't see that happening unless ZombiU sells really poorly.

if it doesnt get horrible reviews it will sell well, look at this recount from a gaf thread, over 200 people that gave theyr launch day buy games, its the 3th most wanted

New Super Mario Bros. U - 200
NintendoLand - 196
ZombiU - 128
Assassin's Creed III - 51
Call of Duty Black Ops 2 - 45
Darksiders 2 - 24
Sonic and Sega All-Stars Racing Transformed - 24
Scribblenauts Unlimited - 22
Rayman Legends {EU} - 22
Tekken Tag Tournament 2 Wii U Edition - 19
Disney's Epic Mickey 2: The Power of Two - 14
Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge - 12
Batman: Arkham City Armored Edition - 12
Rabbids Land - 5
FIFA 13 - 4
Tank! Tank! Tank! {EU} - 3
Skylanders Giants - 2
Transformers Prime - 1
Warriors Orochi 3 Hyper - 1

ACCESSORIES SUBLIST

Pro Controller - 45
Wii Remote Plus - 8

Edited by Stormage09, 31 October 2012 - 12:30 PM.

Posted Image

#77 ZombiCarolyn

ZombiCarolyn

Boo

• Members
  • 536 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 12:42 PM

In an IGN thread I was lurking it looked like some folks consider ZombiU top of their list. I'm pretty sure its gonna do reeeel good.

#78 jono

jono

Boo

• Members
  • 552 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 03:02 PM

if it doesnt get horrible reviews it will sell well, look at this recount from a gaf thread, over 200 people that gave theyr launch day buy games, its the 3th most wanted

New Super Mario Bros. U - 200
NintendoLand - 196
ZombiU - 128
Assassin's Creed III - 51
Call of Duty Black Ops 2 - 45
Darksiders 2 - 24
Sonic and Sega All-Stars Racing Transformed - 24
Scribblenauts Unlimited - 22
Rayman Legends {EU} - 22
Tekken Tag Tournament 2 Wii U Edition - 19
Disney's Epic Mickey 2: The Power of Two - 14
Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge - 12
Batman: Arkham City Armored Edition - 12
Rabbids Land - 5
FIFA 13 - 4
Tank! Tank! Tank! {EU} - 3
Skylanders Giants - 2
Transformers Prime - 1
Warriors Orochi 3 Hyper - 1

ACCESSORIES SUBLIST

Pro Controller - 45
Wii Remote Plus - 8

Oh yes, I'm sure it'll do great; almost everyone buying a Wii U seems to want ZombiU. This was merely an "if" situation, however unlikely.

#79 scotty79

scotty79

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 295 posts
  • Fandom:
    bf3,cod and timesplitters 2!

Posted 01 November 2012 - 09:08 AM

I could really do with part three of that developer diary now to sustain me for the next 29 days
Posted Image

#80 tyueq88

tyueq88

Goomba

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 03:45 PM

Its look kinda boring im might not get this game

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: zombiu, wiiu, game

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!