Photo

I just can't support most of the launch titles...

• Please log in to reply
85 replies to this topic

#1 GreatestGamer

GreatestGamer

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 77 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 04:02 PM

Zombi U and NSMBU is cool and all, but I think Nintendo is dropping the ball by not launching with more established games, such as Mario Galaxy or a 3d Mario game. Maybe even Mario Kart, Zelda or something.

I actually plan on cancelling all my pre ordered games "NSMBU, Zombi U, and Pikmin, and just putting it towards Tekken, in which I see to be maybe the only decent launch title.

#2 Mitch

Mitch

Dingus

• Members
  • 1,839 posts
  • NNID:Mitch13pavel
  • Fandom:
    Mitch :3

Posted 20 September 2012 - 04:04 PM

They went with the safe approach the last 2 Super mario bros games (not including NSMB2) sold approx 20-25 million units each... so they went with their conservative guns instead of the all balls out approach

#3 coolsarahkry

coolsarahkry

Blooper

• Members
  • 176 posts
  • Fandom:
    Pokemon, Avatar:TLA, Glee

Posted 20 September 2012 - 04:04 PM

I just wish Pikmin 3 were a launch title. I can only get one game on launch day, and for now it's going to be Scribblenauts Unlimited (and nintendo land), but if I could get Pikmin 3 there would be no question that would be the game I would buy.
Posted Imageby cerberuz

#4 GreatestGamer

GreatestGamer

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 77 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 04:08 PM

This just sucks so bad...and I grew up with the Nintendo 64 so Im naturally acustomed to the 3d Mario games like Mario 64, side scrollers like NSMBU are just soo boring to me.

#5 Tom

Tom

The Unicorn

• Members
  • 877 posts
  • NNID:IAmTom
  • Fandom:
    Animal Crossing

Posted 20 September 2012 - 04:09 PM

I'd have to go vandalize a building or something if I caught word of Super Mario Galaxy 3. I've had enough of that series.

​Like seriously, I would find the nearest orphanage, and just spraypaint obscenities all over it just to get my point across.

"I'M NOT BEING PESSIMISTIC, I'M BEING REALISTIC." - EVERY PESSIMIST EVER.

#6 GreatestGamer

GreatestGamer

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 77 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 04:10 PM

I just wish Pikmin 3 were a launch title. I can only get one game on launch day, and for now it's going to be Scribblenauts Unlimited (and nintendo land), but if I could get Pikmin 3 there would be no question that would be the game I would buy.

And most of the great games are not even Launch day titles..I.think this just prooves that Nintendo is rushing the Wii U out due to financial lost.

#7 Guy Fieri

Guy Fieri

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,417 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 04:10 PM

I'm in the complete opposite situation. I'm overwhelmed by the launch titles I want to get, on top of the console itself, data storage and accessories.

#8 GreatestGamer

GreatestGamer

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 77 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 04:16 PM

I'd have to go vandalize a building or something if I caught word of Super Mario Galaxy 3. I've had enough of that series.

​Like seriously, I would find the nearest orphanage, and just spraypaint obscenities all over it just to get my point across.

Well maybe not a new Galaxy game, just another 3d mario...a new Mario 64 would be cool

I'm in the complete opposite situation. I'm overwhelmed by the launch titles I want to get, on top of the console itself, data storage and accessories.

And im just miserable, at the point Im fine with just Nintendo Land alone..not really too blown away with any title.

#9 Meelow100

Meelow100

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 855 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 04:22 PM

Nintendo wants third party games to sell, releasing all these first party games would not make that happen.

#10 Tricky Sonic

Tricky Sonic

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,853 posts
  • NNID:Tricky
  • Fandom:
    Sega, Sonic, Warcraft, Final Fantasy

Posted 20 September 2012 - 04:33 PM

And most of the great games are not even Launch day titles..I.think this just prooves that Nintendo is rushing the Wii U out due to financial lost.

Are you smoking something? Did you even look up this information before posting? Not only are 22 games available at launch...which by the way is far more than any other launch... but It's also the most solid lineup EVER. If your bored by the launch lineup then No console launch will ever satiate you
Posted Image
Check out my video game collection blog at http://genesaturn.blogspot.com/
Feel free to add me as a friend on your 3DS and Wii U as well - Friend Code = 1289-9502-7134 / Nintendo ID - Tricky

#11 Hank Hill

Hank Hill

Propaniac

• Moderators
  • 2,203 posts
  • NNID:GameCollector
  • Fandom:
    Professor Layton, inFAMOUS

Posted 20 September 2012 - 04:34 PM

http://nintendoeverything.com/84375/nintendo-has-812-8-billion-yen-in-the-bank/ Yeah, I doubt financial loss is the reason. Jus' sayin.

Zombi U and NSMBU is cool and all, but I think Nintendo is dropping the ball by not launching with more established games, such as Mario Galaxy or a 3d Mario game. Maybe even Mario Kart, Zelda or something.

I actually plan on cancelling all my pre ordered games "NSMBU, Zombi U, and Pikmin, and just putting it towards Tekken, in which I see to be maybe the only decent launch title.

http://paulgalenetwork.com/home/2012/08/17/paul-gale-network-learns-that-nintendo-is-currently-in-development-of-a-3d-mario-game-for-wii-u-in-addition-to-new-super-mario-bros-u/ Seems that a 3D Mario game is probably in development.

Mario Kart could happen, but I don't see it for at least another year or two seeing how long Mario Kart 7's been out.

I've said it once, I'll say it again. Anybody asking for a new full-fledged Zelda title at launch or next year is absolutely insane. We just got Skyward Sword, and that took five years to get made/release.

I also find your statement about "Canceling NSMBU, ZombiU and Pikmin for Tekken, which is the only decent launch title to be, quite frankly, complete bull. I doubt NSMBU/ZombiU, or Pikmin are going to suck, and from your statement, I feel that you're willingly ignoring games like Batman: Arkham City Armored Edition, Mass Effect 3, Scribblenauts Unlimited, Rayman Legends, and even Assassin's Creed 3.

I'm not trying to attack/insult you or your opinion, but the thing I've derived from this thread was that you were expecting them to announce a 3D Mario/Zelda/F-Zero/whatever at launch, and got disappointed at the fact that they didn't.

GameZombie44.png

The post above was certified to be simply smashing by the Wii U Forum Staff.

http://www.ebay.com/...mecollector1982

#12 Mignaga

Mignaga

JOO TAKE MAH EMMERROWDS?!

• Members
  • 1,504 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zero Escape Metroid Madoka

Posted 20 September 2012 - 04:36 PM

Are you smoking something? Did you even look up this information before posting? Not only are 22 games available at launch...which by the way is far more than any other launch... but It's also the most solid lineup EVER. If your bored by the launch lineup then No console launch will ever satiate you

This. This. This.

Mig_Sig.png

Be wary, the suck is coming.

#13 GreatestGamer

GreatestGamer

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 77 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 04:38 PM

http://nintendoeverything.com/84375/nintendo-has-812-8-billion-yen-in-the-bank/ Yeah, I doubt financial loss is the reason. Jus' sayin.

http://paulgalenetwork.com/home/2012/08/17/paul-gale-network-learns-that-nintendo-is-currently-in-development-of-a-3d-mario-game-for-wii-u-in-addition-to-new-super-mario-bros-u/ Seems that a 3D Mario game is probably in development.

Mario Kart could happen, but I don't see it for at least another year or two seeing how long Mario Kart 7's been out.

I've said it once, I'll say it again. Anybody asking for a new full-fledged Zelda title at launch or next year is absolutely insane. We just got Skyward Sword, and that took five years to get made/release.

I also find your statement about "Canceling NSMBU, ZombiU and Pikmin for Tekken, which is the only decent launch title to be, quite frankly, complete bull. I doubt NSMBU/ZombiU, or Pikmin are going to suck, and from your statement, I feel that you're willingly ignoring games like Batman: Arkham City Armored Edition, Mass Effect 3, Scribblenauts Unlimited, Rayman Legends, and even Assassin's Creed 3.

I'm not trying to attack/insult you or your opinion, but the thing I've derived from this thread was that you were expecting them to announce a 3D Mario/Zelda/F-Zero/whatever at launch, and got disappointed at the fact that they didn't.

You caught me, you got me, you are right, I had higher expectations for Wii U Launch, so I was let down.

#14 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 20 September 2012 - 04:40 PM

NSMB is a very well established brand, and it's older than Mario Galaxy.
Also, 2D Mario predates 3D Mario by a great many years.
You're just acting spoiled in my opinion.
You're getting a unique game which has the potential to be great fun (Scribblenauts), the best selling Mario franchise (NSMB), a fantastic third party effort (ZombiU), possible fun game bundled with your console (NintendoLand), a quality exclusive platformer (Rayman), a blockbuster (Cod), good indie titles on the eshop (trine 2, tokitori, nano assault neo), and more good games coming after launch, like pikmin 3, bayonetta 2, etc.
Zeldo doesn't sell consoles alone, neither does 3d mario.
There's a great selection of games on launch, not counting the ports of year old games like batman and mass effect.
edit: I even forgot to mention Sonic kart, which pretty much copies mario kart and makes improvements, coming launch day too.

What?
Over here Tekken is under 30 euro. The other games you mentioned are over 50 euro each. How do I do math like you?

Edited by Nollog, 20 September 2012 - 04:42 PM.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#15 Ixchel

Ixchel

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 874 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 04:42 PM

Yeah I would've preferred Pikmin to be a launch title, and even though I've been sort of... MIA with non Nintendo franchises (AC, ME, etc) I'm still looking forward to ZombiU. It's pretty much the only game I'm interested in that I can buy with a good conscience (can't play ME3 until I play the first two!)
Anyways, my point is that even though I'm not too into most of the 3rd party games, and am taking a risk with Zombi U as my first horror game, I can't claim that the launch is bad. It's varied enough to have at least one interesting game for everyone. :/
Posted Image

#16 GreatestGamer

GreatestGamer

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 77 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 04:44 PM

Lol guys, don't take it so seriously. You got 360 and Ps3 fanboys crappin on the Wii U as a whole, I'm just crapping on the launch titles.

Truth be told, I was looking for a 3d mario game by the end of 2012, it didn't even have to meet launch day.

NSMB is a very well established brand, and it's older than Mario Galaxy.
Also, 2D Mario predates 3D Mario by a great many years.
You're just acting spoiled in my opinion.
You're getting a unique game which has the potential to be great fun (Scribblenauts), the best selling Mario franchise (NSMB), a fantastic third party effort (ZombiU), possible fun game bundled with your console (NintendoLand), a quality exclusive platformer (Rayman), a blockbuster (Cod), good indie titles on the eshop (trine 2, tokitori, nano assault neo), and more good games coming after launch, like pikmin 3, bayonetta 2, etc.
Zeldo doesn't sell consoles alone, neither does 3d mario.
There's a great selection of games on launch, not counting the ports of year old games like batman and mass effect.
edit: I even forgot to mention Sonic kart, which pretty much copies mario kart and makes improvements, coming launch day too.

What?
Over here Tekken is under 30 euro. The other games you mentioned are over 50 euro each. How do I do math like you?

Ummmmm..Gamestop here in the U.S.A only requires a $5 deposit on pre orders, and im talking about taking that $5 and putting it toward Tekken.....sorry did I confuse you??

So yea...you don't do math like me lol

Edited by GreatestGamer, 20 September 2012 - 04:46 PM.

#17 Noonabites

Noonabites

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 813 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 04:51 PM

This. All of this. All of this with whipping and peanut butter ice cream because that's how satisfying this comment was.

--x--

The clear goal with Nintendo was to concentrate on third party. Yes, it's so easy to satisfy their fans and come up with half-ass first party titles in which have all been released within the last couple of quarters, but instead they going with something outside the Nintendo fandom, with first party titles in the launch window for home fans. They want to satisfy everyone with quality and familiarity, not just us Nintendo fans.

Sorry your desires weren't meant. I'm sure they will be though... just wait for the quality! :3

#18 GreatestGamer

GreatestGamer

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 77 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 04:58 PM

Wow, Nintendo Fanboys are just

#19 Tricky Sonic

Tricky Sonic

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,853 posts
  • NNID:Tricky
  • Fandom:
    Sega, Sonic, Warcraft, Final Fantasy

Posted 20 September 2012 - 05:01 PM

POPULAR

We aren't being fan boys. Your being illogical
Posted Image
Check out my video game collection blog at http://genesaturn.blogspot.com/
Feel free to add me as a friend on your 3DS and Wii U as well - Friend Code = 1289-9502-7134 / Nintendo ID - Tricky

#20 Hank Hill

Hank Hill

Propaniac

• Moderators
  • 2,203 posts
  • NNID:GameCollector
  • Fandom:
    Professor Layton, inFAMOUS

Posted 20 September 2012 - 05:05 PM

Your denying logic doesn't make us fanboys. :huh:

Edited by GameCollector, 20 September 2012 - 05:05 PM.

GameZombie44.png

The post above was certified to be simply smashing by the Wii U Forum Staff.

http://www.ebay.com/...mecollector1982

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!