Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,853 posts
  • NNID:Tricky
  • Fandom:
    Sega, Sonic, Warcraft, Final Fantasy

Posted 21 September 2012 - 11:02 AM

Those aren't reports. Those are trolls.

There is a bit of truth to this hoax without the faked email (with very bad sentence structure - "this is based around the obviously been modified..." what? LOL).

But if you know much about how tech support is run...

There is no way on Earth a tech support staff (the equivalent of the Wal-Mart courtesy desk) would know the detailed inner workings of the Wii U.

aT&T, HP, Verizon, AMD, etc. do not make a habit of training their tech support personal in the knowledge of such things.

Add to that the fact that AMD wouldn't offer support for the Wii U. Nintendo would.

this is a gullibility test.

Not the idea that the GPU (or concepts from it...) is what is indicated.

But the idea that this is a real email.

Now that you brought back reoccurring nightmares from my time doing tech support for Time Warner Cable...lol
Posted Image
Check out my video game collection blog at http://genesaturn.blogspot.com/
Feel free to add me as a friend on your 3DS and Wii U as well - Friend Code = 1289-9502-7134 / Nintendo ID - Tricky

#22 Socalmuscle

Socalmuscle

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,677 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 11:10 AM

What is sad is how many people automatically downplay Nintendo power. They just cannot comprehend that the Wii U has good hardware.

Is anyone really going to be surprised by Shader Model 5? By DX 11 (Capability, not necessarily usage)?

C'mon now.

I'm assuming it is....

The hardware may be pretty close.

The email is a farce.

Edited by Socalmuscle, 21 September 2012 - 11:07 AM.

#23 Guest_TRON_*

Guest_TRON_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 September 2012 - 11:14 AM

I've never with the launch of a console cared about the graphical progress. My moto has always been I just hope developers make good use of what's available. That has all changed with the wii u... Yes I do still want developers to push it to its limits... Which we didn't see with the wii. But because of the back and forth between trolls, fanboys, journalist, and even developers.... I do feel a need to know what the final specs are.... Just so there is no more speculation.

Edited by TRON, 21 September 2012 - 11:15 AM.

#24 Arkhandar

Arkhandar

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 479 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Metroid, Mario, Kirby, DK

Posted 21 September 2012 - 11:16 AM

I will put all the money I ever make on that not happening. Please don't set yourself up to think that's going to happen. Like the delusional people out there thinking ps4 is going to support 4k when the first 4k tv were just released for wait for it......25000. Lets be serious here guys.

The same way you shouldn't get yourself up because "Wii U will have every multiplatform title next gen".

Even Iwata himself couldn't promise us that, why would everyone else do.

The truth is that we don't know for sure what's going to happen next gen, but in terms of raw power, like it or not the Wii U probably won't be the strongest and it will skip some major multiplats.

Edited by Arkhandar, 21 September 2012 - 11:18 AM.

If you try to fail and succeed, which have you done?

Posted Image

#25 Dragon

Dragon

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,070 posts
  • Fandom:
    Playing my Wii U!

Posted 21 September 2012 - 11:23 AM

What is sad is how many people automatically downplay Nintendo power. They just cannot comprehend that the Wii U has good hardware.

Is anyone really going to be surprised by Shader Model 5? By DX 11 (Capability, not necessarily usage)?

C'mon now.

The hardware may be pretty close.

The email is a farce.

Someone who works in my local gamestop believes that the Wii U is a current gen console with a touch screen controller, and that the PS4 and 720 will be substantially more powerful. I think he's been listening to too many rumors....

Posted Image

#26 Guest_TRON_*

Guest_TRON_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 September 2012 - 11:27 AM

The same way you shouldn't get yourself up because "Wii U will have every multiplatform title next gen".

Even Iwata himself couldn't promise us that, why would everyone else do.

The truth is that we don't know for sure what's going to happen next gen, but in terms of raw power, like it or not the Wii U probably won't be the strongest and it will skip some major multiplats.

So if you are gonna quote me please quote me correctly. I never said the wii u would get EVERY multiplatform game next gen. Everyone knows wii u isn't going to be the strongest console next gen. What I said is IF its true this is the custom gpu inside wii u along with a custom power 7 CPU then there would be no technical/power issue with wii u getting ports next gen. I can guarantee it will get every military shooter type game. The games it won't get likely GTA or some extreme sold off as hardcore game is because the developer or publisher doesn't believe that audience is there on the wii u not because the game couldn't be ran on the wii u.

#27 Arkhandar

Arkhandar

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 479 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 21 September 2012 - 11:27 AM

Someone who works in my local gamestop believes that the Wii U is a current gen console with a touch screen controller, and that the PS4 and 720 will be substantially more powerful. I think he's been listening to too many rumors....

Ignorance at its peak.

That's like saying the Wii is a 6th generation console with motion controls -_-

Posted Image

#28 Dragon

Dragon

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,070 posts
  • Fandom:
    Playing my Wii U!

Posted 21 September 2012 - 11:34 AM

Ignorance at its peak.

That's like saying the Wii is a 6th generation console with motion controls -_-

Yes. I have presented plenty of facts, only for him to ignore them.

Although the Wii is underpowered compared to the PS3 and 360, it did have a decent amount of more power under it's hood compared to the 6th gen. Compare Skyward Sword and the Super Mario Galaxy series to Twilight Princess and Super Mario Sunshine. There are some noticeable differences.

Edited by DR4G0NB0RN, 21 September 2012 - 11:35 AM.

Posted Image

#29 Arkhandar

Arkhandar

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 479 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 21 September 2012 - 11:35 AM

So if you are gonna quote me please quote me correctly. I never said the wii u would get EVERY multiplatform game next gen. Everyone knows wii u isn't going to be the strongest console next gen. What I said is IF its true this is the custom gpu inside wii u along with a custom power 7 CPU then there would be no technical/power issue with wii u getting ports next gen. I can guarantee it will get every military shooter type game. The games it won't get likely GTA or some extreme sold off as hardcore game is because the developer or publisher doesn't believe that audience is there on the wii u not because the game couldn't be ran on the wii u.

You're literally saying that it could right now.

Try imagining an extremely big 8th generation open world game build for the PS4 (since I don't rally believe the next XBOX will be a lot more powerful than the Wii U), like for example TES VI (just hypothetically), being ported to the Wii U without having major cut downs in content and subsequently quality. It won't happen.

Simply get this, the Wii U won't be able to run every multiplat game without some of them having to be severely cut down (mainly open world games). And if that portion of games does need it (major content cut), it simply won't happen.

Edited by Arkhandar, 21 September 2012 - 11:37 AM.

Posted Image

#30 Guest_TRON_*

Guest_TRON_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 September 2012 - 11:50 AM

You're literally saying that it could right now.

Try imagining an extremely big 8th generation open world game build for the PS4 (since I don't rally believe the next XBOX will be a lot more powerful than the Wii U), like for example TES VI (just hypothetically), being ported to the Wii U without having major cut downs in content and subsequently quality. It won't happen.

Simply get this, the Wii U won't be able to run every multiplat game without some of them having to be severely cut down (mainly open world games). And if that portion of games does need it (major content cut), it simply won't happen.

We can agree to disagree... But with a 25gb hard drive at 22mb/s with 1 gb dedicated for games. The wii was 20x less powerful then ps3 wii u will be at the most to the extreme most 6 times less powerful than ps4.... Seriously 1st party Sony games will take advantage of the hardware look forward to that.

Edited by TRON, 21 September 2012 - 11:53 AM.

#31 Socalmuscle

Socalmuscle

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,677 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 11:53 AM

People who work for Gamestop don't know much at all.

What you heard was a trollish opinion from a guy who posts on forums like this just as you do.

They know what the computer says for an SKU for a console or a game. and then they read Game Informer...

I'll never forget going to Gamestop to buy a 360 for my Nephew shortly after launch. the guy didn't know me, what I do, etc. then he starts going on about how it's so great that we only get it now, but it's been available in Japan for over a year already (not remembering that MS is a U.S. based company... THAT is Gamestop employee talk for you.

Edited by Socalmuscle, 21 September 2012 - 11:57 AM.

#32 Dragon

Dragon

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,070 posts
  • Fandom:
    Playing my Wii U!

Posted 21 September 2012 - 12:05 PM

People who work for Gamestop don't know much at all.

What you heard was a trollish opinion from a guy who posts on forums like this just as you do.

They know what the computer says for an SKU for a console or a game. and then they read Game Informer...

I'll never forget going to Gamestop to buy a 360 for my Nephew shortly after launch. the guy didn't know me, what I do, etc. then he starts going on about how it's so great that we only get it now, but it's been available in Japan for over a year already (not remembering that MS is a U.S. based company... THAT is Gamestop employee talk for you.

The sad part is, I've known the guy at gamestop for 2 years now. He's one that I usually talk to. But he's for sure that the Wii U will be another Wii.

Posted Image

#33 Arkhandar

Arkhandar

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 479 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 21 September 2012 - 12:07 PM

We can agree to disagree... But with a 25gb hard drive at 22mb/s with 1 gb dedicated for games. The wii was 20x less powerful then ps3 wii u will be at the most to the extreme most 6 times less powerful than ps4.... Seriously 1st party Sony games will take advantage of the hardware look forward to that.

Hold on a minute, let's get some things clear:

First, the Wii U optical disc has 25GB capacity (single-layer) @ 22mb/s reading speed, not the hard drive (which it hasn't one btw).

Second, at no I point I said that this was going to be another Wii situation.

That's absolutely impossible since the Wii U already supports DX11 features which is as far as 8th generation consoles go.

I'm just saying that some games might be a pain in the butt to port down to the system and that there will be developers who simply won't bother.

Edited by Arkhandar, 21 September 2012 - 12:09 PM.

Posted Image

#34 Penguin101

Penguin101

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 989 posts
  • NNID:t002tyrant_86

Posted 21 September 2012 - 12:23 PM

DirectX is just an API, which means it has nothing to do with FPS. How the developer uses that API and its feature set is what's going to influence the amount of FPS.

I was testing it on a GPU benchmarking software. Which gave a peak FPS I'd reach with 3D graphics that used DX9, and 10 attributes.

#35 Guest_TRON_*

Guest_TRON_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 September 2012 - 12:27 PM

Hold on a minute, let's get some things clear:

First, the Wii U optical disc has 25GB capacity (single-layer) @ 22mb/s reading speed, not the hard drive (which it hasn't one btw).

Second, at no I point I said that this was going to be another Wii situation.

That's absolutely impossible since the Wii U already supports DX11 features which is as far as 8th generation consoles go.

I'm just saying that some games might be a pain in the butt to port down to the system and that there will be developers who simply won't bother.

Didn't mean hard drive meant optical disc. But that's what most people are assuming. The wii u will be more capable than most think. How fast we forget some of the powerhouse console Nintendo has released in the past. People Act like they don't know how to release powerful cost effective hardware.... So disrespectful. Like I said this will be the GameCube wii mix with better 3rd party support. Nintendo is gonna get a LOT of exclusives this gen mark my words hold me to that and come back and say I was right in the end.

#36 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 12:28 PM

Whoah.

Guys, its not real. It would be hliriously awesome if it was, but its not.

AMD tech support is not privy to this information, so even if the email is legit, the employee who made it has no idea.

All signs point to an amd 7xx series, that has been heavily customised for 3-4 years.

Lets just stop this here, before it gets scary.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#37 Stormage09

Stormage09

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 621 posts
  • Fandom:
    Dexter, Walking Dead

Posted 21 September 2012 - 12:30 PM

guys read this thread, another guy apparently mailed amd to confirm the previous mail and it received the same response lol

http://www.neogaf.co...=490844&page=97

just an idea... if amd is answering questions about the wii u why nobody ask them about the CPU? its whats really matter right now

someone do it!!

Edited by Stormage09, 21 September 2012 - 12:32 PM.

Posted Image

#38 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 12:34 PM

guys read this thread, another guy apparently mailed amd to confirm the previous mail and it received the same response lol

http://www.neogaf.co...844&page=97

just an idea... if amd is answering questions about the wii u why nobody ask them about the CPU? its whats really matter right now

someone do it!!

someone do it!!

someone do it!!

Well, because ibm makes the cpu. So email them.

Wow. True or not, this dude is soooooooo fired.

someone who works for amd posted this on b3d recently.

The tech support team at AMD doesn't have any
information about console products. AMD does
not provide end-user support for those, so there
is no reason to provide that team with any info.
Especially not for currently unreleased products.
When was the last time you emailed AMD about
a problem with your Xbox360 or Wii? You are
not our customer. Our customer for these chips
is MS or Nintendo, who pay many millions of
dollars. When they have support issues/
questions, they do not go through the public-
facing tech support team.
They (and their lawyers) also expect us to keep
our mouths shut.
This is either fake, or a support guy trying to
sound like he knows something when he does
not. Either way, it tells you nothing.
The vast majority of people inside AMD have no
idea about the details of the WiiU. It was done
by relatively small team and any information
outside that team was "need-to-know". Even if
you surveyed the GPU IP team which originally
designed the base GPU family, >95% of them
could not tell you what the configuration is. Only
a few needed to be involved to get the specific
configuration correct and working, and they
know to keep their mouth shut. All additional
modifications were done by the "need-to-know"
team.
Before you ask.. Yes, I know all the details. No, I
will not tell you any of them.

I will note he didnt actually say it wasnt a 67xx....

Edited by 3Dude, 21 September 2012 - 12:42 PM.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#39 Foot

Foot

The most badass sociopath to ever exist.

• Members
  • 1,038 posts
  • NNID:DPapcinEVO
  • Fandom:
    Sock Wars, Shoehorn Leghorn

Posted 21 September 2012 - 12:49 PM

When we finally get the specs no one wants to listen, lol

I can't be sure if its fake, but the "elusive" is actually very powerful, Slightly less then my ideal next gen gpu leap of 6770 but it'll be pretty good

BUT being able to stream to 6 different devices, how come we can only stream 2 GamePads and 1 Tv instead of 1 TV and 4-5 GamePads?
I am the foot. I do not like you. You smother me with socks and shoes, then step on me thousands of times a day.

We foot will rebel one day.

#40 Penguin101

Penguin101

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 989 posts
  • NNID:t002tyrant_86

Posted 21 September 2012 - 01:05 PM

Can't wait to see if it's confirmed or not. I really hope that they customised it further to provide a better performance in sacrifce of 6 way streaming.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!