• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

#1 RGKID144

RGKID144

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 131 posts

Posted 22 September 2012 - 07:43 AM

So, here's the deal....preorders all good too go....but I clearly am freakin out waiting another 59 days, so I'm looking to maximize my time and money now etc...

GameStop is offering 130 for my ps3 and I have a couple options.....I could either

A. Go grab a wii for 150 which comes with super Mario, and a wii mote, and a numbchuck. This gets me accustomed to some Wii traditional gameplay, while also grabbing me a wii mote and numbchuck.

B. trade it in towards pro controller, and games( keep in mind I will definitely be getting a pro controller either way plus games. This won't change what I'm getting on launch day.)

The wii mote and numbchuck is 60 bucks, so if I go grab a Wii, I do save money in that sense. But my main issue is this,

The deluxe bundle doesn't come with a wii mote or numbchuck. If I know I'm going to get a pro controller neway, should I even bother grabbing a wii mote and numbchuck?

What are the differences between the pro controller and the wii mote?

Any feedback would be great. Thanks guys.

#2 Fiery

Fiery

Wingus

• Members
  • 917 posts
  • NNID:Fieryguns

Posted 22 September 2012 - 07:49 AM

You don't need a remote Or Nunchuck But Wii U does play and use ALL Wii Accessories and games And Some Wii U games use the Wii remotes to add more players to the game such as NSMBU.

#3 YoshiGamer9

YoshiGamer9

Wii U Forums Yoshi

• Members
  • 2,302 posts
  • NNID:YoshiWiiUGamer9
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Zelda, anything fun!

Posted 22 September 2012 - 07:50 AM

the difference is, the wii remote is a wii remote a nunchuck is a nunchuck, the pro controller is like how you would hold an Xbox or PS3 controller :)

sfOI1m6.jpg

Add me on Wii U if you want to settle it in Smash

#4 Crackkat

Crackkat

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,266 posts
  • Fandom:
    zelda mainly, most nintendo stuff too

Posted 22 September 2012 - 07:54 AM

if you plan on playing nintendo land with a friend then u need a wii mote and nunchuku but if you dont then bother. if you want to play old wii games then you also need wii mote and nunchuku. it all depends on what you want to use the controllers for
Posted Image

#5 RGKID144

RGKID144

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 131 posts

Posted 22 September 2012 - 07:59 AM

Fiery- but for those same purposes, can you use the pro controller? Like if I'm playing with another person on NSMBU, can we use the game pad and the pro controller?

Spear- lol thanks dude. But like can you do the same things with the wiimte that u can with the pro controller? A I gonna be investing in a wiimote regardless? Because if so, I may as well grab the Wii right now with my ps3 trade in. That gets me two solid months of gaming with a brand new console, gets me accustomed to some Wii traditions, and also grabs me a Wiimote and chuck, again, keep in mind, I have 360 and ps3. I'm definitely trading in my ps3 cuz the new models coming out, and I wanna get as much as I can for it.

if you plan on playing nintendo land with a friend then u need a wii mote and nunchuku but if you dont then bother. if you want to play old wii games then you also need wii mote and nunchuku. it all depends on what you want to use the controllers for

Pokey- so like, I can't play Nintendo land with a partner, and just use the game pad and a pro controller?

#6 storabajskorven

storabajskorven

Boo

• Members
  • 572 posts
  • NNID:Stranders

Posted 22 September 2012 - 08:01 AM

Depending on the games you are planning to play, you'll probably need a wiimote+nunchuk at some point. It's perfect for fps-style games or strategy "point-and-click" games like Pikmin. But once you have the WiiU, you would only need the Wii for playing Gamecube games, so unless you plan to do that, you'd probably be better off buying a wiimote+nunchuk instead of a wii.

#7 RGKID144

RGKID144

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 131 posts

Posted 22 September 2012 - 08:08 AM

Depending on the games you are planning to play, you'll probably need a wiimote+nunchuk at some point. It's perfect for fps-style games or strategy "point-and-click" games like Pikmin. But once you have the WiiU, you would only need the Wii for playing Gamecube games, so unless you plan to do that, you'd probably be better off buying a wiimote+nunchuk instead of a wii.

Right....this definitely makes sense.....but in my head its like this....I'm trading in the ps3 neway, and it sounds like I should be getting a mote and a chuck neway? Why not just grab a Wii for the next two months, enjoy that.....and that comes with a wiimote and chuck. So basically. If I'm spending 60 on wiimote and nchuck already, then why not just cough u the extra 70 or so dollars of trade in cash to have a Wii for the next two months, not too mention in could probably trade in Mario for something after, and maybe get something for the Wii console on eBay........thoughts?

#8 Richard Fightmaster

Richard Fightmaster

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 71 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Pokemon, Mega Man

Posted 22 September 2012 - 08:23 AM

Right....this definitely makes sense.....but in my head its like this....I'm trading in the ps3 neway, and it sounds like I should be getting a mote and a chuck neway? Why not just grab a Wii for the next two months, enjoy that.....and that comes with a wiimote and chuck. So basically. If I'm spending 60 on wiimote and nchuck already, then why not just cough u the extra 70 or so dollars of trade in cash to have a Wii for the next two months, not too mention in could probably trade in Mario for something after, and maybe get something for the Wii console on eBay........thoughts?

Do not get the Wii. The Wii U will play Wii games, so get a pro controller and Wiimote+nunchuck for the same price. Don't buy the Wii, it's a waste.

DC1iHjB.png?1

(Also join the Danny Sexbang fan club! http://dannysexbangf...ub.blogspot.ca/)

#9 storabajskorven

storabajskorven

Boo

• Members
  • 572 posts

Posted 22 September 2012 - 08:45 AM

My thoughts are: If the Wii is 150 bucks, and the wiimote+nunchuk is 60 bucks, you'll have 90 dollars to spend on games if you skip the Wii. Either use them for a WiiU game and a half, or get some used Wii games - there are definitely some worth playing (Pikmin, Metroid Prime trilogy, Monster Hunter tri, Xenoblade Chronicles and Super Mario Galaxy to mention a few). Plus a used wiimote+nunchuk should be a little less than $60, right? (Don't get cheap and buy a non-Nintendo made wiimote+nunchuk pair though...)

Besides, a two-month pause in your gaming is not necessarily a bad thing - read some books as a substitute to get your appetise up for the WiiU launch...

#10 BanjoKazooie

BanjoKazooie

Witch Slayer

• Members
  • 1,258 posts
  • Fandom:
    LOZ, Mario, Elder Scrolls

Posted 22 September 2012 - 09:16 AM

Gettin the wii is just dumb

post-1466-0-36015200-1348103349.png

I was once known here as KillerMario, but since I really like Banjo-Kazooie, I changed my display name to show them my respect :)

#11 Ixchel

Ixchel

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 874 posts

Posted 22 September 2012 - 10:09 AM

You basically want to spend the extra 90 to experience the new console feeling for 2 months?
I agree, skip the Wii, buy the nunchuck and WiimotePlus. Use the money you save on buying some obligatory used Wii games or Wii U games.

You may feel what's the point of buying Wii games when the Wii U is already out, but even with the great launch line up and window, there will be down times when it seems like only the games you're NOT interested in are being released. So it's a good idea to fill those gaps with a whole console library you never played.
Posted Image

#12 Press

Press

Thwomp

• Members
  • 325 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Smash, FF, KH, Sonic

Posted 22 September 2012 - 10:13 AM

I'd easily be inclined to grab the Pro.

#13 Nintendustin

Nintendustin

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 483 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 22 September 2012 - 10:14 AM

I plan to get both.

#14 RGKID144

RGKID144

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 131 posts

Posted 22 September 2012 - 10:38 AM

O boy..... I did a bad thing guys lol.....

Spear- I teach English for a living lol....I read way too much as it is.....new console sounded too good to pass up....

Bob-OMB and everyone else......appreciate all the feedback......I just couldn't resist myself....it's a boringmsaturdya afternoon.....the girlfriend is taking a teaching certification test...i gave in to gamestops dictatorship demands lol.....I went ahead and traded in the ps3 for 130 and got wii bundle with super mario, and super Mario galaxy.....it is the black wii tho....with the new motion plus controls....so it's pretty legit...overall I could have ended up taking the 90 leftover trade in bonus after getting a wiimote and chuck, and spent it on games and controllers BUT.....that's not as fun lol....c'mon all gamers know that Shiny new feeling....I was bored.....grew up with 64, been away from Nintendo for a while with a 360 and a ps3..... So whatever I went for it lol....just fired it up....I feel like a kid again....got some pizza on the way......gonna be a solid day lol....

In the end....like I said I'm 25 and I Teach for a living...the 90 bucks isn't gonna make or break me.....still gonna go ahead and get the games I want and the pro controller etc on launch day.....but now I got my hands on a nice shiny new black wiimote and enough new Mario content for quite some time lol.....thanks all.......

#15 Nintendustin

Nintendustin

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 483 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 22 September 2012 - 10:54 AM

I teach as well. So does my wife.

#16 RGKID144

RGKID144

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 131 posts

Posted 22 September 2012 - 11:05 AM

I teach as well. So does my wife.

Lol sweet . Yeah, teachings a good gig......plus.......I know ur excited for winter break to really do some damage with that new Wii u....lol

#17 storabajskorven

storabajskorven

Boo

• Members
  • 572 posts

Posted 22 September 2012 - 11:19 AM

O boy..... I did a bad thing guys lol.....

Spear- I teach English for a living lol....I read way too much as it is.....new console sounded too good to pass up....

Bob-OMB and everyone else......appreciate all the feedback......I just couldn't resist myself....it's a boringmsaturdya afternoon.....the girlfriend is taking a teaching certification test...i gave in to gamestops dictatorship demands lol.....I went ahead and traded in the ps3 for 130 and got wii bundle with super mario, and super Mario galaxy.....it is the black wii tho....with the new motion plus controls....so it's pretty legit...overall I could have ended up taking the 90 leftover trade in bonus after getting a wiimote and chuck, and spent it on games and controllers BUT.....that's not as fun lol....c'mon all gamers know that Shiny new feeling....I was bored.....grew up with 64, been away from Nintendo for a while with a 360 and a ps3..... So whatever I went for it lol....just fired it up....I feel like a kid again....got some pizza on the way......gonna be a solid day lol....

In the end....like I said I'm 25 and I Teach for a living...the 90 bucks isn't gonna make or break me.....still gonna go ahead and get the games I want and the pro controller etc on launch day.....but now I got my hands on a nice shiny new black wiimote and enough new Mario content for quite some time lol.....thanks all.......

Plus you get to play Wind Waker, F-Zero GX and Eternal Darkness on it! (Even though you'd need to get a GC controller and memory card first)

#18 Ixchel

Ixchel

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 874 posts

Posted 22 September 2012 - 11:20 AM

Plus you get to play Wind Waker, F-Zero GX and Eternal Darkness on it! (Even though you'd need to get a GC controller and memory card first)

I thought the newer Wiis don't have GC support?
Posted Image

#19 RGKID144

RGKID144

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 131 posts

Posted 22 September 2012 - 11:28 AM

Yesss so excited to play the Zelda's.....I'm playing super Mario bros right now....and I'm absolutely loving life.....after not playing a new Mario for ages, it feels damn good......what's GC support?

Yesss so excited to play the Zelda's.....I'm playing super Mario bros right now....and I'm absolutely loving life.....after not playing a new Mario for ages, it feels damn good......what's GC support?

There's no doubt that I would have gotten them eventually and played them on the Wii u regardless.....so now it's Actually an incredible time killer....

There's no doubt that I would have gotten them eventually and played them on the Wii u regardless.....so now it's Actually an incredible time killer....

Wait...I'm an idiot....GC means GameCube support doesn't it....

#20 Ixchel

Ixchel

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 874 posts

Posted 22 September 2012 - 12:35 PM

Wait...I'm an idiot....GC means GameCube support doesn't it....

Yeah the newer Wiis don't support GameCube games, controllers, etc. But the Wii U may have GC games on virtual console eventually?
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!