#1 BanjoKazooie

BanjoKazooie

Witch Slayer

• Members
  • 1,258 posts
  • Fandom:
    LOZ, Mario, Elder Scrolls

Posted 22 September 2012 - 05:03 PM

The point on this thread is for people to ask for recommendations for video games and do it all in one thread instead of creating multitudes of threads for small questions like "which game is better"
How to use this thread.
Asking- just simply state your question, any need to know information(such as money and rating restrictions), and your personal preferences that could affect game choice
Ex. " What game should I get, NSMB2 or LoZ OoT. I have $40 and I really think both look great but I'm a little shaky about buying a remake, and I don't know if a side scroller is worth the 40 bucks"

Answering- quote the question and answer with respect. Include reasons for your answer but be respectful.
Ex. "look above" I think you should get NSMB2 because it is a really fun game and I enjoyed it. I think the million coins rush and its entertaining levels are really fun and make te game worth the $40 easily :)

Please be respectful and no flame wars or off topic posts of any kind please! Simply ask and answer! Also the idea for this topic thread came from Swordmaster229!

post-1466-0-36015200-1348103349.png

I was once known here as KillerMario, but since I really like Banjo-Kazooie, I changed my display name to show them my respect :)

#2 YoshiGamer9

YoshiGamer9

Wii U Forums Yoshi

• Members
  • 2,302 posts
  • NNID:YoshiWiiUGamer9
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Zelda, anything fun!

Posted 22 September 2012 - 05:10 PM

What 3DS games do you recommend? I have most of the mario 3DS games, I am getting OOT, so what else is good?

sfOI1m6.jpg

Add me on Wii U if you want to settle it in Smash

#3 Colinx

Colinx

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,301 posts
  • Fandom:
    Animal Crossing & SeaWorld

Posted 22 September 2012 - 05:20 PM

What 3DS games do you recommend? I have most of the mario 3DS games, I am getting OOT, so what else is good?

There is tons of great games coming out by the first quarter of 2013 for the 3DS. Castlevania, Luigi's Mansion, Animal Crossing(you definitely will get your money out of this game), Paper Mario. I've heard good things about Kid Icarus: Uprising as well!

2lvmghw.png

#4 Tricky Sonic

Tricky Sonic

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,853 posts
  • NNID:Tricky
  • Fandom:
    Sega, Sonic, Warcraft, Final Fantasy

Posted 22 September 2012 - 05:20 PM

Depends on your tastes
Posted Image
Check out my video game collection blog at http://genesaturn.blogspot.com/
Feel free to add me as a friend on your 3DS and Wii U as well - Friend Code = 1289-9502-7134 / Nintendo ID - Tricky

#5 Tsuchinoko

Tsuchinoko

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 636 posts
  • Fandom:
    Dat Mario Kart Life.

Posted 22 September 2012 - 05:25 PM

Oh Killer Mario thank you for this wonderful thread you have bestowed upon this forum.

@Yoshigamer9
Here are some recommendations.
1.Metal Gear Solid 3D Snake Eater
2.Dead or Alive: Dimensions
3.Resident Evil: Revelations
4.Resident Evil: The Mercenaries

I put third party games since you pretty much have the first party games covered.

Edited by Tsuchinoko, 22 September 2012 - 05:26 PM.

zZJ9pHB.png
Special thanks to Horchata. I appreciate it so much.

#6 YoshiGamer9

YoshiGamer9

Wii U Forums Yoshi

• Members
  • 2,302 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 22 September 2012 - 05:32 PM

Oh Killer Mario thank you for this wonderful thread you have bestowed upon this forum.

@Yoshigamer9

I put third party games since you pretty much have the first party games covered.

I don't like those types of games really, I am more of a 3D/sidescrolling/RPG kinda gamer

There is tons of great games coming out by the first quarter of 2013 for the 3DS. Castlevania, Luigi's Mansion, Animal Crossing(you definitely will get your money out of this game), Paper Mario. I've heard good things about Kid Icarus: Uprising as well!

which one will I get my money's worth out? I am thinking about getting luigi's mansion and animal crossing, paper mario sticker star looks bad to me, and I am not interested in kid icarus thanks for replying! :)

sfOI1m6.jpg

#7 Tsuchinoko

Tsuchinoko

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 636 posts
  • Fandom:
    Dat Mario Kart Life.

Posted 22 September 2012 - 05:42 PM

I don't like those types of games really, I am more of a 3D/sidescrolling/RPG kinda gamer.

Well 3DS has Tales of the Abyss, and Code of Princess is an RPG that is coming out really soon.
zZJ9pHB.png

#8 YoshiGamer9

YoshiGamer9

Wii U Forums Yoshi

• Members
  • 2,302 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 22 September 2012 - 05:43 PM

Well 3DS has Tales of the Abyss, and Code of Princess is an RPG that is coming out really soon.

tales of the abyss, yes I have heard of that... might buy TotA after I am done with OOT :)

sfOI1m6.jpg

#9 Tsuchinoko

Tsuchinoko

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 636 posts
  • Fandom:
    Dat Mario Kart Life.

Posted 22 September 2012 - 05:45 PM

tales of the abyss, yes I have heard of that... might buy TotA after I am done with OOT :)

Cool Tales games are always really good. You should enjoy it.
zZJ9pHB.png

#10 YoshiGamer9

YoshiGamer9

Wii U Forums Yoshi

• Members
  • 2,302 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 22 September 2012 - 05:50 PM

Cool Tales games are always really good. You should enjoy it.

never played one in the series... is this a good one to start with? I know it is a port

sfOI1m6.jpg

#11 Andy

Andy

The Ganon Slayer

• Members
  • 1,352 posts
  • NNID:Andyjoe522
  • Fandom:
    The Legend of Zelda

Posted 22 September 2012 - 05:53 PM

never played one in the series... is this a good one to start with? I know it is a port

The Tales of games are almost always stand-alone titles to my knowledge, unless otherwise specified as a sequel; plus TOTA was the first Tales of game to have free run. I'd say it's a good one to start with.
Posted Image

#12 YoshiGamer9

YoshiGamer9

Wii U Forums Yoshi

• Members
  • 2,302 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 22 September 2012 - 06:02 PM

The Tales of games are almost always stand-alone titles to my knowledge, unless otherwise specified as a sequel; plus TOTA was the first Tales of game to have free run. I'd say it's a good one to start with.

oh thanks for the info :)

sfOI1m6.jpg

#13 Tsuchinoko

Tsuchinoko

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 636 posts
  • Fandom:
    Dat Mario Kart Life.

Posted 22 September 2012 - 06:09 PM

It doesn't matter where you start. They are never sequels to each other, unless they say. Like Tales of Symphonia and Tales of Symphonia 2.
zZJ9pHB.png

#14 BanjoKazooie

BanjoKazooie

Witch Slayer

• Members
  • 1,258 posts
  • Fandom:
    LOZ, Mario, Elder Scrolls

Posted 23 September 2012 - 08:17 AM

Ok, so I am contemplating playing the OoT master quest, or replaying Majoras Mask, Which one should I do?I loved OoT and have never even attempted the master quest, But i also have been dying to play MM lately.

post-1466-0-36015200-1348103349.png

I was once known here as KillerMario, but since I really like Banjo-Kazooie, I changed my display name to show them my respect :)

#15 Alianjaro

Alianjaro

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,317 posts
  • Fandom:
    Monster Hunter, Legend of Zelda

Posted 23 September 2012 - 01:00 PM

Ok, so I am contemplating playing the OoT master quest, or replaying Majoras Mask, Which one should I do?I loved OoT and have never even attempted the master quest, But i also have been dying to play MM lately.

If you have a strong heart, go for Majora's Mask. If you feel like you're an epic boi, then go for OOT.
Posted Image

#16 WisdomPowerCourage

WisdomPowerCourage

ZEWOP BOOPITY BOP!

• Members
  • 615 posts
  • Fandom:
    Cats Pajamas.

Posted 23 September 2012 - 04:03 PM

Was Rayman origins good? I'm thinking about getting Rayman legends, but would it be too similar to a Platformer game like NSMBU?

#17 Auzzie Wingman

Auzzie Wingman

Mournblade

• Members
  • 4,346 posts
  • NNID:AuzzieWingman
  • Fandom:
    Not enough space here

Posted 23 September 2012 - 04:14 PM

Rayman Origins is a great platformer. It's definitely more pretty, quirky and challenging than Super Mario Bros, but it's not friggin insane like that one platformer bullet hell I can't remember the name of.

Actually, I'd go so far as to say it beats the entire 2D Mario series. The only thing it doesn't have is a Miyamoto stamp.

Trophy Cards are classy too! LOLZIGZAGOON

AuzzieWingman.png

#18 Occult Satanist

Occult Satanist

Tenzō of the Wood Release

• Members
  • 814 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 06:49 PM

@Yoshigamer9

I would pick dead or alive and metal gear solid they are pretty good franchises so I'm positive they will be good games

wjapt2.jpg

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: What should I buy, Recommend, Game

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!