Photo

the wii u shouldnt be compared to any other console as thats what nintendo want!

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 djlewe78

djlewe78

Blooper

• Members
  • 195 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 11:15 AM

Wtf are we all talking about? There are so many posts about can wii u compete with the next gen ps n xbox, the answer is "why should it, and no, because its not the same. Nintendo is bigger then both of them in gaming buisness so if they wanted to compete in the tech war im sure they cuud.!! But nintendo i feel are taking the casual gaming market seriiously by intergrating our tv and gaming market together with a controller every one can use. ( ive got a ps3 at home with love film but the controller for a non gamer like my wife is unuseable) but the tablet is attractive to her so gaming will be easier to get into for her as well as the tv side of it. So not only have i got a console capable of amazing graphics im more than happy with but my wife can use it aswell! Lol its the first console shes asked me to by.

#2 Press

Press

Thwomp

• Members
  • 325 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Smash, FF, KH, Sonic

Posted 23 September 2012 - 11:25 AM

Lol I got my family looking at Wii U as well for themselves. It offers so much for cheap.

I can't wait to see people's faces when the PS4's price is announced. We all know how that's gonna be.

#3 BanjoKazooie

BanjoKazooie

Witch Slayer

• Members
  • 1,258 posts
  • Fandom:
    LOZ, Mario, Elder Scrolls

Posted 23 September 2012 - 12:05 PM

We are comparing because it is interesting, and we want to have justice after 6 years of ridicule.

post-1466-0-36015200-1348103349.png

I was once known here as KillerMario, but since I really like Banjo-Kazooie, I changed my display name to show them my respect :)

#4 Usman Mohammad

Usman Mohammad

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 350 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 12:31 PM

Oh no Nintendo said not to compare so we shouldn't compare. Oh please, we're consumers, we use our, in most cases, hard earned cash and many don't believe it's worth the investment in purchasing a Wii U this year when they could spend that money on other things that they believe are worth while. When the new consoles come out then it will be a competition, they will be competiting for market share and value for money, not only against each other but other electronic goods like tablets, hybrids, PCs and PMPs ($299 for an iPod touch 4th gen, who in their right mind would get that over a Kindle fire HD that smokes the new iPad and is $100 cheaper and is 7 inches).

We're consumers, we want to get the most out of our money and many believe Nintendo isn't worth the investment, and in a years time we will see what position the other consoles are, they could provide more value to consumers than a Wii U that's well worth the $50-$100 extra, or that the Wii U has a strong line up of games by end of next year, or in the worst case scenario, most people that bought a console don't purchase new ones because they can still play their call of duty on their old system or they spent money on things that help in their every day lives, like a Android/WindowsRT/Windows8 hybrid/iPad.

#5 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 23 September 2012 - 02:06 PM

POPULAR

I'll compare anything I want with whatever I want.
I'm pro like that.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#6 Tsuchinoko

Tsuchinoko

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 636 posts
  • Fandom:
    Dat Mario Kart Life.

Posted 23 September 2012 - 02:18 PM

They are game consoles. They are going to be compared with each other, that's how it is. They can say all they want that Nintendo shouldn't be compared to the others, but the truth is everyone is compared to each other. It's not going to stop no matter what.
zZJ9pHB.png
Special thanks to Horchata. I appreciate it so much.

#7 xile6

xile6

Alchemist

• Members
  • 1,532 posts
  • NNID:xile06x

Posted 23 September 2012 - 02:25 PM

Lol I got my family looking at Wii U as well for themselves. It offers so much for cheap.

I can't wait to see people's faces when the PS4's price is announced. We all know how that's gonna be.

Well sony wont be coming out with a ps4 for a long time. They are making a new slimmer slim which will cost about $299. So whenever the ps4 comes out i bet nintendo will have somethign new coming up also.

And i also read that sony is saying that there ps vita and ps3 together can do what the wii u does. The only thing with me on that is where is the proof?
The vita has been out for a while now and i dont see it working.

Right now the wiiu is in a world of its own.
youtube ch. http://www.youtube.com/user/xile2010/
xile06 "N" ID
Cod bo2, AC3, Zombiu, NSMB, Pikmin 3, Wind Waker HD, Smash Bro wiiu,
Preorders : ..
Plan to buy : -

#8 djlewe78

djlewe78

Blooper

• Members
  • 195 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 02:40 PM

The only people comparing it is us. If u want a slightly better ps3 with no nintendo ips and $500 dolar price tag then wait.

Well sony wont be coming out with a ps4 for a long time. They are making a new slimmer slim which will cost about $299. So whenever the ps4 comes out i bet nintendo will have somethign new coming up also.

And i also read that sony is saying that there ps vita and ps3 together can do what the wii u does. The only thing with me on that is where is the proof?
The vita has been out for a while now and i dont see it working.

Right now the wiiu is in a world of its own.

Ive heard that to but does the average consumer want to buy a vita and ps3? Nintendo has given
us the two but better and half the price
This was for xile6 btw

Edited by djlewe78, 23 September 2012 - 02:43 PM.

#9 neverwinteru

neverwinteru

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,159 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 03:00 PM

Ill just leave this here

#10 Auzzie Wingman

Auzzie Wingman

Mournblade

• Members
  • 4,346 posts
  • NNID:AuzzieWingman
  • Fandom:
    Not enough space here

Posted 23 September 2012 - 03:35 PM

People compare because that's what people do.

Sure, the Wii U is a beast console, but do you honestly expect for people not to make comparisons between it and other consoles? Are you saying people aren't allowed to justify their choices?

shots fired

Trophy Cards are classy too! LOLZIGZAGOON

AuzzieWingman.png

#11 Soul

Soul

TYBG

• Members
  • 3,660 posts
  • Fandom:
    I ENJOY HIP HOP BEATS

Posted 23 September 2012 - 04:50 PM

I can't believe a man with a family is wasting his time doing this. I don't even understand this thread, you type like a teen girl on Facebook.

#12 NidoTower

NidoTower

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 05:03 PM

Comparing is fun, it's in our nature to compare.

When I was a kid, I compared my games to what they were based on (arcade games).

#13 Tsuchinoko

Tsuchinoko

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 636 posts
  • Fandom:
    Dat Mario Kart Life.

Posted 23 September 2012 - 05:06 PM

I can't believe a man with a family is wasting his time doing this. I don't even understand this thread, you type like a teen girl on Facebook.

Lol, maybe he is faking?
zZJ9pHB.png
Special thanks to Horchata. I appreciate it so much.

#14 That64Kid

That64Kid

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 63 posts
  • Fandom:
    I love you

Posted 23 September 2012 - 06:31 PM

The Wii U is the last home console I'm buying for the time being. No ps4 or 720 for me :|

#15 Noonabites

Noonabites

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 813 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 11:46 PM

lol, This made me gigglesnort.

---

As consumers, sometimes it's a good thing to compare merchandise to see what's the better value. There's no harm in it. Sure, it may cause some outlandish fanboy arguments, but all in all, why shouldn't we? Because you already deemed one superior? One opinion isn't the opinion of the rest.

#16 Tre

Tre

Blooper

• Members
  • 165 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 09:34 AM

Compare the Wii U? What can you compare it to. PS3(2006 Honda Civic) and XBox360(2005 Honda Civic) to the Wii U(2012 Honda Civic). It doesn't make sense. Comparing it to the Wii makes sense. Did the Wii U improve upon what the Wii was about. The Wii was a test console for Nintendo to see if they can try something interesting and different. I will understand when the next Playstation and the next Xbox that it will be compared to the Wii U but there is nothing to compare it with right now. It is like when the Xbox 360 came out, what did you compare it to. You compared it to the XBox. It wouldn't make sense to compare it to the Gamecube or PS2. When the PS3 and Wii came out then you had something to compare it to. As of right now, the only thing you can compare the Wii U to is the Wii and that is it.

#17 parallaxscroll

parallaxscroll

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 95 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 08:02 PM

Comparing is exactly what we do.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!