Stormage09

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 621 posts
  • Fandom:
    Dexter, Walking Dead

Posted 06 October 2012 - 10:07 AM

http://www.ntower.de...rt&reportID=187

Momentan ist die Wii U die stärkste Konsole mit viel Potential für die Zukunft. Man darf nicht vergessen, dass die Wii U-GPU einer ganz anderen Generation entstammt als ihre aktuellen Konkurrenten. Dadurch sind komplett neue Herangehensweisen möglich, die einerseits viel einfacher zu implementieren sind als die Spezial-Hybrid-Lösungen, die man auf anderen Konsolen zurzeit braucht, und die auch letztendlich viel mehr Performance bringen. Im Zusammenspiel mit dem mehr als großzügigen Arbeitsspeicher hat man unglaublich viele Möglichkeiten. Man darf auch nicht vergessen, dass es Entwickler braucht, die das Potential einer Konsole überhaupt ausreizen können.

Rough translation:

Wii U is the most powerful console currently on the market, and it has much potential. The Wii U GPU is from a completely different generation compared to those in other platforms. That allows completely new approaches that are much easier to implement and also much more efficient than hybrid approaches required on other consoles. That, in combination with the generous amount of RAM, gives developers quite a lot of options. But one also shouldn't forget that it takes capable developers to get the most out of a platform.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=42919403&postcount=13273

Posted Image

#2 Mignaga

Mignaga

JOO TAKE MAH EMMERROWDS?!

• Members
  • 1,504 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zero Escape Metroid Madoka

Posted 06 October 2012 - 10:15 AM

It is good to hear a dev talk in specifics for once. I think we konda already knew this, but hearing it be confirmed is good.

Mig_Sig.png

Be wary, the suck is coming.

#3 BanjoKazooie

BanjoKazooie

Witch Slayer

• Members
  • 1,258 posts
  • Fandom:
    LOZ, Mario, Elder Scrolls

Posted 06 October 2012 - 10:15 AM

Cool

post-1466-0-36015200-1348103349.png

I was once known here as KillerMario, but since I really like Banjo-Kazooie, I changed my display name to show them my respect :)

#4 xile6

xile6

Alchemist

• Members
  • 1,532 posts
  • NNID:xile06x

Posted 06 October 2012 - 11:36 AM

Good news, but i knew it was powerful. The spec dont always tell the truth. Just like clock speed. Most people thing a low clock speed means it slow but thats not always the case. It can be faster then the old stuff because its new gen.
Either way i know the.wii is strong and powerful. Just need the devs that will push it.

Look at the ps3. Compare 1st year games to this year games,.and you see the how far we came.
youtube ch. http://www.youtube.com/user/xile2010/
xile06 "N" ID
Cod bo2, AC3, Zombiu, NSMB, Pikmin 3, Wind Waker HD, Smash Bro wiiu,
Preorders : ..
Plan to buy : -

#5 King_Bowser_Koopa

King_Bowser_Koopa

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 69 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 12:11 PM

Everything said there is great... But what about the CPU? Nothing was said to shoot down the idea that it's slow.

#6 JD2995

JD2995

Blooper

• Members
  • 192 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, Zelda, Mario, Metroid, etc.

Posted 06 October 2012 - 01:42 PM

He don't say anything about the CPU, maybe the CPU is weak but I'm happy because the Wii U uses GPGPU and the GPU can help the CPU. Hoping to see first party games and exclusive third party games that use the true power of the system.
Posted Image
Sorry for my bad english

#7 Guest_TRON_*

Guest_TRON_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 October 2012 - 05:17 PM

So pretty much we know the GPGPU is a beast. so either the CPU has really different architecture that devs can get a hold of yet or it really is a bottleneck and weak. we will see in the future

Edited by TRON, 06 October 2012 - 05:17 PM.

#8 Spleenzorio

Spleenzorio

Thwomp

• Members
  • 339 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 07:05 AM

Well it doesn't make much sense that Nintendo would put in a GPU and RAM that devs are positive about, only to have a sub par processor.
Posted Image

Nintendo ID: Spleenzorio

#9 The Lonely Koopa

The Lonely Koopa

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 617 posts
  • Fandom:
    Reggie's Body, Nintendo being doomed

Posted 07 October 2012 - 09:08 AM

Well it doesn't make much sense that Nintendo would put in a GPU and RAM that devs are positive about, only to have a sub par processor.

You would think but who knows its Nintendo they are a wild card , I'm not even going to get the wiiu for a couple more months (Mostly because they are everywhere I live already out of stock which surprised me consider most people don't know what the 3ds is but know the wiiu even though its not even out yet.) but I am excited for its launch so people can crack it open even if it won't tell us fully what it is capable of it will be able to be compared .

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!