BanjoKazooie

Witch Slayer

• Members
  • 1,258 posts
  • Fandom:
    LOZ, Mario, Elder Scrolls

Posted 06 October 2012 - 03:06 PM

http://www.examiner....upport-miiverse
Looks like activision knows how to run games well on Wii u!!

post-1466-0-36015200-1348103349.png

I was once known here as KillerMario, but since I really like Banjo-Kazooie, I changed my display name to show them my respect :)

#2 Blake

Blake

Lakitu

• Banned
  • 2,197 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 03:24 PM

Pretty neat!

#3 Soul

Soul

TYBG

• Members
  • 3,660 posts
  • Fandom:
    I ENJOY HIP HOP BEATS

Posted 06 October 2012 - 04:04 PM

That's a game I will be getting.

#4 Crackkat

Crackkat

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,266 posts
  • Fandom:
    zelda mainly, most nintendo stuff too

Posted 06 October 2012 - 04:20 PM

i have a lot of respect for activision, they support all platforms fully, they also don't focus on graphics and prioritise gameplay, similar to nintendo, that's why they're both profitable.
Posted Image

#5 BanjoKazooie

BanjoKazooie

Witch Slayer

• Members
  • 1,258 posts
  • Fandom:
    LOZ, Mario, Elder Scrolls

Posted 06 October 2012 - 05:32 PM

i have a lot of respect for activision, they support all platforms fully, they also don't focus on graphics and prioritise gameplay, similar to nintendo, that's why they're both profitable.

i completely agree

post-1466-0-36015200-1348103349.png

I was once known here as KillerMario, but since I really like Banjo-Kazooie, I changed my display name to show them my respect :)

#6 Foot

Foot

The most badass sociopath to ever exist.

• Members
  • 1,038 posts
  • NNID:DPapcinEVO
  • Fandom:
    Sock Wars, Shoehorn Leghorn

Posted 06 October 2012 - 05:36 PM

Meh, it's just skylanders, what I. Think is really stupid about the game being on the Wii U is that it uses NFC, the Wii U HAS NFC, but it isn't used! Like WTF!?
I am the foot. I do not like you. You smother me with socks and shoes, then step on me thousands of times a day.

We foot will rebel one day.

#7 Soul

Soul

TYBG

• Members
  • 3,660 posts
  • Fandom:
    I ENJOY HIP HOP BEATS

Posted 06 October 2012 - 07:31 PM

Meh, it's just skylanders, what I. Think is really stupid about the game being on the Wii U is that it uses NFC, the Wii U HAS NFC, but it isn't used! Like WTF!?

MONEY MONEY MONEY!

#8 Alianjaro

Alianjaro

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,317 posts
  • Fandom:
    Monster Hunter, Legend of Zelda

Posted 06 October 2012 - 07:34 PM

That's a game I won't be buying, but its good to know that it will be 1080p.
Posted Image

#9 Hunter

Hunter

Cheetah

• Members
  • 1,664 posts
  • NNID:Mr.Orange
  • Fandom:
    spyro, crash bandicoot, prince of persia

Posted 06 October 2012 - 10:06 PM

I just want the old spyro back. This game is for babies :(

#10 Guy Fieri

Guy Fieri

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,417 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 02:51 PM

Considering that the game requires the character to be on the Portal at all times. It would be hard to keep it on the controller while playing, plus the Wii U doesn't come with a pro contoller or any other type of controller. So they couldn't use the Gamepad as a portal entirely without a required purchase of another controller. They could just let you place it on the controller and it saves to the game like the 3DS version, but they weren't looking into making another version of the game. As this is just a port of the other console versions.

Back on topic, the first game already looks great in 720p on my PS3, hope it looks even better with the 1080p.

#11 Foot

Foot

The most badass sociopath to ever exist.

• Members
  • 1,038 posts
  • NNID:DPapcinEVO
  • Fandom:
    Sock Wars, Shoehorn Leghorn

Posted 08 October 2012 - 03:00 PM

Considering that the game requires the character to be on the Portal at all times. It would be hard to keep it on the controller while playing, plus the Wii U doesn't come with a pro contoller or any other type of controller. So they couldn't use the Gamepad as a portal entirely without a required purchase of another controller. They could just let you place it on the controller and it saves to the game like the 3DS version, but they weren't looking into making another version of the game. As this is just a port of the other console versions.

Back on topic, the first game already looks great in 720p on my PS3, hope it looks even better with the 1080p.

Wait it has to stay in the Portal at all times? Oh, we'll they could just put it on and take it off while still keeping it in game, then when u want it gone just swipe it out with the touchscreen
I am the foot. I do not like you. You smother me with socks and shoes, then step on me thousands of times a day.

We foot will rebel one day.

#12 Guy Fieri

Guy Fieri

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,417 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 03:15 PM

Wait it has to stay in the Portal at all times? Oh, we'll they could just put it on and take it off while still keeping it in game, then when u want it gone just swipe it out with the touchscreen

Yep, it has to stay on the Portal for the console versions. As the experience, items, and treasure are all being streamed and saved to the figure while you play. The 3DS version, just for the sake of easier portability. Allows you to save two characters on the game at a time. When you switch them out, all the stuff you collected will save to the figure before changing to another character. It is a little annoying, since the console versions require the portal all the time or you can't play. Which makes it a huge battery hog, thank god the Giants portal on Wii U will be USB connected. Which means it'll work with your PS3,360 and PC for the games. Since the Portal itself can work with any of the games.

#13 JD2995

JD2995

Blooper

• Members
  • 192 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, Zelda, Mario, Metroid, etc.

Posted 08 October 2012 - 05:33 PM

First Call of Duty and now Skylanders are running in True Full HD, you're awesome Activision.
Posted Image
Sorry for my bad english

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: 1080p, Skylanders giants

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!