#41 The Lonely Koopa

The Lonely Koopa

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 617 posts
  • Fandom:
    Reggie's Body, Nintendo being doomed

Posted 13 October 2012 - 08:36 AM

I think this is really cool. Seeing Iwata take his baby apart. :) Now ... look guys, if it was simply a broadway chip then Wii U wouldn't be emulating the processor and it would be fully compatible to all Wii games. But clearly thats not the case as pointed out here.

As originally noted by IBM, the Wii U has Power 7 technology behind it at the very least. That should tell you they used that as a bases and went from there.

The Wii U, finally, will be powerful enough to play any multiplatform games out there. It wint be nore powerful then the others, but they dont need to be more powerful to be able to have third party games.

We are looking at the difference between PS3 and 360, not PS3 vs Wii. Which was Nintendo's goal I bet.

I hope your talking about wiiu to other next gen and not wiiu to 360 and ps3 since if it is wiiu to ps3 /360 than wiiu to other next gen would be wii to ps3/360.

#42 MorbidGod

MorbidGod

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,717 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 11:03 AM

I am stating the Wii U won't be like another Wii. It's not based off old technology like the Wii was.
Whovian12 -- Nintendo Network ID.

#43 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 05:42 AM

Well, this got me thinking to the recent 360 slim valhalla, the mcm containing the new 360 designs cpu and gpu.

Posted Image
Posted Image

This thing weighs in at precicely a 170 square mm. Thats less area than two average human thumbnails. (The average trimmed human thumbnail is a little over 1cm squared) As a square, its about 13 mm a side.

Heres the wii u's mcm.
Posted Image

How many thumbnails? It looks pretty small, compared to old fashioned seperate gpu/cpu rigs. But compared to a fellow gaming platform mcm.... Its kinda gigantic. This means the 'tiny' cpu on the wii u mcm is a colossus compared to the one on the 360 slim mcm.

Just something interesting to think about.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!