• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 King_Bowser_Koopa

King_Bowser_Koopa

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 69 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 04:40 PM

I have been thinking about Nintendo's track record with 3rd party support. Starting all the way back with the Nintendo 64 (N64) there has been a pretty consistent pattern. 3rd party developers would be very supportive of Nintendo's new console, at first, and then interested would all but die off because sales of those 3rd party titles just weren't enough to be profitable. Now there can be a number of explanations for this, especially the limitations of the N64's hardware, but I think the biggest reason has nothing to do with the hardware. It has nothing to do with disk size, storage space, load times, etc. it has everything to do with us. The fans. Those of us who are supposed to be supporting the 3rd party developers. When they release a multi-platform game and the N64/GCN/Wii version ends up being all but ignored we only have ourselves to blame. We, those who are enthusiastic about Nintendo and do our best to support them, didn't buy the Wii version. Instead we decided that the PS3/XBox360 version was superior and decided not to support the efforts of the 3rd party devs, thus killing their interest in releasing further games on any given Nintendo console.

Now, I'm not pointing the finger of blame at anyone and dismissing the problem as everyone else's. It may sound that way, but I understand the reason we all chose the other console's version. The other consoles can support better graphics, have better online, or [insert your own reason]. I'm just as guilty as anyone else and I am not going to deny it! I've skipped the Wii version of many multi-platformers because I wanted the experience the other consoles offered. So, what is my point then? To be honest, these are just my own thoughts and ramblings. If I did have a point, which I really don't, then maybe it would be the Wii U is now on-par with, or slightly better than, the current generation consoles (yes, Nintendo calls it a next-gen console. I'm aware). This means that when 3rd party devs release those multi-platform titles, you really have no excuse not to at least give the Wii U version much needed consideration.

When considering the launch line-up, it is obvious to everyone that it's mostly 3rd party ports. Ok, so, no need to buy those right? They're ports. They don't matter. Wrong! Consider that perhaps Mass Effect 3 is releasing on Wii U to test the waters. If the sales numbers don't show support then they can say "We tried to get you Nintendo owners interested, but the support wasn't there." and then call it quits. But, they're not releasing the trilogy on the Wii U! How can you ask me to play Mass Effect 3 if I haven't played the previous games? Well, the answer isn't really all that easy to swallow. It's simple and blunt. If you fail to support this, or any other port (Not just Mass Effect), you are giving the 3rd party devs all the reason they need to just forget the Wii U entirely. They put these ports out to test the waters, you voted with your wallets, and if you didn't support the ports, then they don't really have any motivation to to support your desire to have more "hardcore" games on the Wii U.

Anyway, I'm probably just angering a lot of people. But these things have been on my mind and I felt the need to share. All I'm saying is, show your support of these 3rd party devs on the Wii U. They need it.

Thank you.

Edited by King_Bowser_Koopa, 12 October 2012 - 04:43 PM.

#2 thehappening

thehappening

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 142 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 05:08 PM

its ANTI NINTENDOISM PURE AND SIMPLE HAS EXISTED FROM THE 1980S the computer industry aka the usa led computer os industry blames nintendo for consoles and licence fees it also blames nintendo for HIGH QAULITY AND INNOVATION

the INDUSTRY wants us bashing buttons like IDIOTS and watching semi interactive movies NOT GAMES its pure and simple a lack of talent or vision we the people acording to them should shut are mouths give them are money and buy the CCRAAPPP they produce thats what mick pachter is a INDUSTRY SPOKSMEN being told what to say by high end industry types

theres even books writen about it and people like wiiboy101 and sean maLstrom HAVE TOLD YOU THIS A MILLION TIMES OVER YET PEOPLE STIL WONT LISTEN

why do you think the 3rd partys talk as tho games are movies BECAUSE THERES NO GAMING TALENT ITS ALL JUST PASTE SOME TEXTURES TO A ENGINE TELL A Z LIST STORY AND HOPE FOR PROFIT

just like movies and music its all a freaking lie things used to be built with love and imagination you youngsters just dont realise how bad its got

REMEMBER THIS FOLLOWING FACT YOU GAME FOR THE ENJOYMENT OF GAMING NOT THE EXISTENCE OF A INDUSTRY FORGET THAT THEY GOT YOU BY THE BALLS (PS3 X360 FANS SHOULD KNOW THIS) the founder of EA was interviewed recently and he clearly hates nintendo and japan and point blank refused to make games for nes

atari and the usa computer industry even took nintendo to the courts claiming nintendos profits as there own PATHETIC

Edited by thehappening, 12 October 2012 - 05:21 PM.

#3 King_Bowser_Koopa

King_Bowser_Koopa

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 69 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 05:22 PM

Hmm... I was hoping for a few intelligent replies...

#4 Foot

Foot

The most badass sociopath to ever exist.

• Members
  • 1,038 posts
  • NNID:DPapcinEVO
  • Fandom:
    Sock Wars, Shoehorn Leghorn

Posted 12 October 2012 - 05:46 PM

Lmao, don't worry, it's just the happening, he has a tendency to ramble a lot

And I agree with your thesis, however Reggie has said that there will be very good third party support in the future. Only time will tell though! Lol
I am the foot. I do not like you. You smother me with socks and shoes, then step on me thousands of times a day.

We foot will rebel one day.

#5 thehappening

thehappening

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 142 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 06:02 PM

thats exactly what you got from a GUY SITTING ON 250000 POUNDS STERLING FROM NINTENDO STOCK """"OUCH""" POWER 7 YES INTELIGENCE CONSIDERING I STATED POWERPC 400 2 YEARS AGO

""OUCH""

APPARANTLY BOOKS WERE NOT WRITEN ON THIS SUBJECT AND EA GAMES DID BACK THE NES AND THE SUPREME COUNTS OF THE USA DIDNT HOLD A TRIAL WERE THE USA COMPUTER INDUSTRY TRIED TO STEAL NINTENDOS PROFITS

SO HISTORY HAS BEEN RE-WRITEN BY 12 YEAR OLD POWER 7 FANS

OUCH

WIIBOY101 THE POWERPC 400 GOD OF 2 YEARS AGO SAYS HI TO ALL THE POWER7 CHILDREN GAMERS

SEAM MALSTROM ALSO TALKS THE POO ACORDING TO THE INTELGENCE LEVELS HERE OH HE ALSO INVESTED IN NINTENDO BEFORE WII HIT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!SUSGESTION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by thehappening, 12 October 2012 - 06:01 PM.

#6 Demon

Demon

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 95 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 06:04 PM

what the hell is thehappening rambling about?

#7 The Lonely Koopa

The Lonely Koopa

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 617 posts
  • Fandom:
    Reggie's Body, Nintendo being doomed

Posted 12 October 2012 - 06:12 PM

This took a turn for the worst .

Edited by The Lonely Koopa, 12 October 2012 - 06:12 PM.

#8 JD2995

JD2995

Blooper

• Members
  • 192 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, Zelda, Mario, Metroid, etc.

Posted 12 October 2012 - 06:26 PM

I do not understand the relationship of the Power PC or Power 7 fight with what is being discussed in this topic. Anyway, I think you're a right, even, I going to consider buying Mass Effect 3.

Edited by JD2995, 12 October 2012 - 06:27 PM.

Posted Image
Sorry for my bad english

#9 Demon

Demon

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 95 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 06:32 PM

I would love strong 3rd party support, but most of all 3rd party exclusives, i think exclusive will sell better than multiplat games obviously, so i think Nintendo needs to focus on that. Getting Bayonetta 2 was a great first move and if Nintendo can keep it up then i think the wii u will have a bright future in terms of 3rd party support and the sales they get.

#10 angelo07stang

angelo07stang

Boo

• Members
  • 521 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Zelda, Metroid, mariokart

Posted 12 October 2012 - 07:40 PM

Nice post I plan on supporting wii u third party I think assasins creed 3 will be amazing on wii u same with ninja gaiden 3. If I decide to get black ops it will def be on the wii u .
Posted Image

#11 Guest_TRON_*

Guest_TRON_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 October 2012 - 08:07 PM

Put it like this I think myself and lots of others are buying wii u for the thoughts of Zelda, Mario, DK, f-zero, Kirby, star fox and new iP's all in hd. I'm not expecting any magical 3rd party support to happen.

#12 Expansion Pak

Expansion Pak

Enlightened Fanboy

• Members
  • 821 posts
  • NNID:Koopamann14
  • Fandom:
    Pokemon the Series: XY and PS4

Posted 12 October 2012 - 10:57 PM

what the hell is thehappening rambling about?

Maybe if we get a translator we could understand him.

I shower you with coconut cream pies.

#13 Alph

Alph

Koppai's Best

• Members
  • 1,246 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 01:17 AM

I feel really bad now. I totally agree with you. From now on, I will always buy multiplatform games on a Nintendo console!

Hi, my name is Alph. I live on a planet named Koppai. I am famous for saving my planet from starvation. My best friends are Brittany and Captain Olimar, NOT Captain Charlie. I like surfing the KopNet and playing Kopetball.

#14 alan123

alan123

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 889 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 01:46 PM

Nintendo really need to get 3rd party developers & publishers on-board for the long-term with the Wii U otherwise it could be the last Nintendo console.

#15 hohi

hohi

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 08:31 PM

^ I am not a fanboy but it would be pretty funny IF they went bankrupt just because the failure of Wii U. Still remember how the Virtual boy's failure? And with the success of Nintendo DS, Wii and now 3DS, I don't see why they would go bankrupt suddenly due to one console's failure unless they spent every cash/too many debt/etc on Wii U then it is possible.

Tbh, I am more concern on Sony's future than Nintendo's.

Anyway as for the 3rd party support, it's really hard to say as of now because we didn't have any solid fact about the Next Xbox and PS4.

#16 xile6

xile6

Alchemist

• Members
  • 1,532 posts
  • NNID:xile06x

Posted 14 October 2012 - 07:59 AM

Holy batman wall of text.

Well read first post and second.
I agree with first that 3rd party devs stop making games on the wii because no one was buying them.
Its like would buy the ps2 ver. if there is a ps3 one out and your own both system?
Thats the same thing that was going on with the wii.
You either pick ps3 or xbox360 game for the graphic, then wii for motion controls.
Then sony amd ms came out with there own motion controls whicj throw the wii back in the closet.
Now nintedno sells there first party games easy because you can get them on another system.

But now with the wii u, its a game changer. Since the wii u is up to par with the ps3 and xbox360. The only choice your have is which system you like better.

I got cod black ops 2 preordered for ps3. I was going to switch to the wii u but decided not too, simply because i believe online will be better with the ps3. The wii u will have to caught up because its a new system and most will get that multiplatform game on an older system because more people will have it so online is better.

Now i got AC3 for the wii u. So that i can see what is all about plus my girl wanted it, so we choice wii u over ps3. Yes even tho its the same game.

So end point. i believe 3rd party devs will do well with the wii u untill the ps4 or xbox 720 comes out. Then it will be a war of the systems, and iy will comr down to which system you prefer.
youtube ch. http://www.youtube.com/user/xile2010/
xile06 "N" ID
Cod bo2, AC3, Zombiu, NSMB, Pikmin 3, Wind Waker HD, Smash Bro wiiu,
Preorders : ..
Plan to buy : -

#17 Soul

Soul

TYBG

• Members
  • 3,660 posts
  • Fandom:
    I ENJOY HIP HOP BEATS

Posted 14 October 2012 - 08:11 AM

Maybe if we get a translator we could understand him.

Detected as Ramblenese

#18 MOFO

MOFO

Shy Guy

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 08:28 AM

thats exactly what you got from a GUY SITTING ON 250000 POUNDS STERLING FROM NINTENDO STOCK """"OUCH""" POWER 7 YES INTELIGENCE CONSIDERING I STATED POWERPC 400 2 YEARS AGO

""OUCH""

APPARANTLY BOOKS WERE NOT WRITEN ON THIS SUBJECT AND EA GAMES DID BACK THE NES AND THE SUPREME COUNTS OF THE USA DIDNT HOLD A TRIAL WERE THE USA COMPUTER INDUSTRY TRIED TO STEAL NINTENDOS PROFITS

SO HISTORY HAS BEEN RE-WRITEN BY 12 YEAR OLD POWER 7 FANS

OUCH

WIIBOY101 THE POWERPC 400 GOD OF 2 YEARS AGO SAYS HI TO ALL THE POWER7 CHILDREN GAMERS

SEAM MALSTROM ALSO TALKS THE POO ACORDING TO THE INTELGENCE LEVELS HERE OH HE ALSO INVESTED IN NINTENDO BEFORE WII HIT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!SUSGESTION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Can someone please explain what the hell this guy is talking about.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!