The blatant disrespect for nintendo and why they will win next gen

• Please log in to reply
79 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_TRON_*

Guest_TRON_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 October 2012 - 04:24 AM

warning this is going to be one of my longer post. we are closely approaching one month unitl the release of Wii U. there are several things we still dont know about the console. Yet people seem to be only concerned with one. the power spec debate jsut wont stop and it seem like the majority is disrespecting nintendo and their 20+ year knowledge in this industry. this isnt the Wii they are not using recycled parts... this is a all new console with an all new design. built from the ground up to take advantage of todays tech. nintendo isnt liars... when it comes to hardware you can pretty much take their word for it. they rarely do speak on hardware so when they do they mean it. take these 3 quotes.

"But I think it will become increasingly difficult from now on to compete over graphics. This is because that no matter how much we increase the number of polygons we can display and improve the shading it will become increasingly difficult to tell the difference".

"I think that the Wii U will be powerful enough to run very high spec games but the architecture is obviously different than other consoles so there is a need to do some tuning if you really want to max out the performance.

We’re not going to deliver a system that has so much horsepower that no matter what you put on there it will run beautifully, and also, because we’re selling the system with the GamePad – which adds extra cost to the package – we don’t want to inflate the cost of each unit by putting in excessive CPU power".

"No matter how great the numbers are that you can boast, can you only draw that out under certain conditions, or can you actually draw out its performance consistently when you use it? Insisting on the latter way of thinking has always been at the root of hardware and system development at Nintendo"

guys what we are about to witness is the gamecube part 2. it isnt showing itself right now.... but give it a few years. people will be sayng they are geniuses for being able to get that much power in such a conservative console. look at my latest status update for what i mean. i dont expect Wii U to be as powerful as nextbox and ps4. but what i expect is when the console is taken full advantage of... games will have just as much wow factor as the other new systems. its an insult to nintendo to claim this console is just on par or only 1.5x (hate multipliers) that of the current consoles. i can relate to those saying what has been show doesnt show a leap... just give it time guys.

now to them winning next gen. yes it has to play out but this is IMO why they will win. "GAMES" thatshow they will win. i expect nintendo is behind close doors being very aggressive. we have heard rumors of an internal shakeup to churn out more games and hopefully new ip's. i also believe we will see more exclusives a la Bayonetta2 coming to Wii U. nintnedo is going to spend their money wisley. look at Unity coming showing Indie developers they have a place on Wii U. I love what im seeing with nintendo being so aggressive. pare those thing with an updated/current online support and what could be the facebook of gaming.... and i think nintendo will win this upcoming gen.

ok guys what are your thoughts.

Edited by TRON, 14 October 2012 - 04:28 AM.

#2 x-SourApple-x

x-SourApple-x

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 356 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 04:35 AM

Don't really care for people that don't like the Wii U. Why let them bother you?
http://www.youtube.com/oswingaming
https://twitter.com/OswinGaming

I have sold my Wii U, so if I deleted you from NN before I sold it, or haven't accepted your friend request since, this is why.

#3 Auzzie Wingman

Auzzie Wingman

Mournblade

• Members
  • 4,346 posts
  • NNID:AuzzieWingman
  • Fandom:
    Not enough space here

Posted 14 October 2012 - 04:43 AM

Just wanted to do this, based on a women abuse slogan in Australia:
"Long Post? Ponkotsu says 'No'!"

The only real advantage the Wii U has over other consoles in the future is that it's coming out first. Sure it has the heavy hitters, sure it has the asymmetric gameplay, and that every dev wants to put their titles on it. It's at least got a 2 year head start on it's respective competitors.

Even then, we still aren't going to see the Wii U at its' most brilliant. Even more years beyond that, just like everything else.

guys what we are about to witness is the gamecube part 2.

I hope not. The Gamecube sold terribly to what it should have.

its an insult to nintendo to claim this console is just on par or only 1.5x (hate multipliers) that of the current consoles. i can relate to those saying what has been show doesnt show a leap... just give it time guys.

It's not an insult. It's the direct competitor when it comes out. People don't simply wait 2 or 3 years before they can make their decision. Most of the Wii U versions of games look slightly better than the PS3/Xbox360 counterparts. Given, the PS3 and Xbox360 versions have years of programming under the hood while the Wii U has possibly had no more than 2.

now to them winning next gen. yes it has to play out but this is IMO why they will win. "GAMES" thatshow they will win. i expect nintendo is behind close doors being very aggressive. we have heard rumors of an internal shakeup to churn out more games and hopefully new ip's. i also believe we will see more exclusives a la Bayonetta2 coming to Wii U. nintnedo is going to spend their money wisley. look at Unity coming showing Indie developers they have a place on Wii U. I love what im seeing with nintendo being so aggressive. pare those thing with an updated/current online support and what could be the facebook of gaming.... and i think nintendo will win this upcoming gen.

Still would like to see a label to these things.

Trophy Cards are classy too! LOLZIGZAGOON

AuzzieWingman.png

#4 Crackkat

Crackkat

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,266 posts
  • Fandom:
    zelda mainly, most nintendo stuff too

great post, agree 100% and of course anyone who ever considered the possibility of wii u being on par with current gen only or just a bit stronger was a total fool. Even the Wii was stronger than all of the consoles from the previous gen. and yes the wii u is doing everything a next gen console should do, the high sales are not surprising, they are perfectly fitting
Posted Image

#5 Guest_TRON_*

Guest_TRON_*
  • Guests

Don't really care for people that don't like the Wii U. Why let them bother you?

not bothering me at all.... just had extra time felt like making a post. i will enjoy my Wii u on November 18th

#6 Foot

Foot

The most badass sociopath to ever exist.

• Members
  • 1,038 posts
  • NNID:DPapcinEVO
  • Fandom:
    Sock Wars, Shoehorn Leghorn

Posted 14 October 2012 - 04:44 AM

I like your post but if you don't mind I have my own theory.

Nintendo's since the DS was to innovate. They have stuck to that by Introducing Touch Screen and Dual Screen Gameplay, Motion Controls, Glasses Free 3D, and now a personal second screen.

I find that all of these are innovative, EXCEPT for the Wii U GamePad. With the other consoles, there were never ending possibilities to do, however with the Wii U gamePad, all you have is another touch screen where the possibilities will get old, very fast. With the Wii U however, I don't think they aimed for innovation, I think they tried to please the gamer. They tried to unlabel themselves as a kiddie company and included Amazing Hardware, Unique online, etc. The innovation is limited IMO but yes, I think it will do amazing
I am the foot. I do not like you. You smother me with socks and shoes, then step on me thousands of times a day.

We foot will rebel one day.

#7 scotty79

scotty79

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 295 posts
  • Fandom:
    bf3,cod and timesplitters 2!

Posted 14 October 2012 - 04:49 AM

Sorry but I am resigned to owning 2 consoles one of which will be the Wii U.It won't "win" in my eyes until such time as I don't have to use an Xbox to play warfighter,bf3,bf4?,crysis3,gtav? the list goes on.I hear people talk about Mario,Kirby,Zelda etc and yes the first party Nintendo games will be great.However gaming has changed so much in the last ten years that first party games are now taking a backseat sales wise to third party ones in general.
Love the idea of the Wii U,the hardware etc but for those of us who expect to play fairly much all the AAA games then at the minute two consoles are needed for me.I would love to be completely wrong and things are better than with the Wii.For me the console that will win this gen (if any) will be the one that balances 1st and 3rd party games the best.The tech,graphics etc will matter but people will want to play all the multiplatform games to consider owning just the Wii U alone
Posted Image

#8 Auzzie Wingman

Auzzie Wingman

Mournblade

• Members
  • 4,346 posts
  • Fandom:
    Not enough space here

Posted 14 October 2012 - 04:49 AM

I find that all of these are innovative, EXCEPT for the Wii U GamePad.

I agree with this. In a way, the Wii U is like a glorified, souped up version of a DS. The second screen isn't an innovation, but it does provide more gameplay options.

Even the Wii was stronger than all of the consoles from the previous gen.

You mean this in the business perspective, right?

not bothering me at all.... just had extra time felt like making a post. i will enjoy my Wii u on November 18th

Jelly. I'll be 10 days late to the party.

AuzzieWingman.png

#9 Stormage09

Stormage09

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 621 posts
  • Fandom:
    Dexter, Walking Dead

Posted 14 October 2012 - 04:50 AM

I like your post but if you don't mind I have my own theory.

Nintendo's since the DS was to innovate. They have stuck to that by Introducing Touch Screen and Dual Screen Gameplay, Motion Controls, Glasses Free 3D, and now a personal second screen.

WRONG ;) nintendo has been trying to innovate and doing bizzarre things since the 80's check this out, the videos are long but believe me they WORTH IT, are pretty funny.

https://www.youtube....h?v=9kBMscW_dVg
https://www.youtube....h?v=rvCCgPDcnvQ
https://www.youtube....h?v=OyVAp0tOk5A
https://www.youtube....h?v=MYDuy7wM8Gk

Edited by Stormage09, 14 October 2012 - 04:57 AM.

Posted Image

#10 Guest_TRON_*

Guest_TRON_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 October 2012 - 04:55 AM

Just wanted to do this, based on a women abuse slogan in Australia:
"Long Post? Ponkotsu says 'No'!"

The only real advantage the Wii U has over other consoles in the future is that it's coming out first. Sure it has the heavy hitters, sure it has the asymmetric gameplay, and that every dev wants to put their titles on it. It's at least got a 2 year head start on it's respective competitors.

Even then, we still aren't going to see the Wii U at its' most brilliant. Even more years beyond that, just like everything else.

I hope not. The Gamecube sold terribly to what it should have.

It's not an insult. It's the direct competitor when it comes out. People don't simply wait 2 or 3 years before they can make their decision. Most of the Wii U versions of games look slightly better than the PS3/Xbox360 counterparts. Given, the PS3 and Xbox360 versions have years of programming under the hood while the Wii U has possibly had no more than 2.

Still would like to see a label to these things.

Gamecube tech wise

#11 Auzzie Wingman

Auzzie Wingman

Mournblade

• Members
  • 4,346 posts
  • Fandom:
    Not enough space here

Posted 14 October 2012 - 04:56 AM

I know. I was yanking your chain.

AuzzieWingman.png

#12 MOFO

MOFO

Shy Guy

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 04:56 AM

It's funny but before the Wii U was coming out it was all gameplay over graphics( still true )but for some reason that mindset has changed with some people. Sure the Wii U looks like a great console full of a lot potential but the one thing I'm afraid of is being left behind once the PS4/NextBox come out. We all know they both will have more power, how much more no one knows yet but I just hope devlopers that release games muliplat will not have to make things look worse and cut corners just to have them run next gen games on the Wii U.
About disrespecting Nintendo and winning the consoles wars to that I say who cares, I never got caught up or understood why people would really care about that stuff to begin, maybe only to make themselves feel better and say "look I was right ****** sold more consoles, wahoo I'm number 1, hahahahahaha,yessssssss".
I buy all consoles for the games and to have fun and really couldn't care who comes out on top with sales figures and such and probably will get a PS4,NextBox along with my Wii U to enjoy all of next gen.

#13 Tricky Sonic

Tricky Sonic

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,853 posts
  • NNID:Tricky
  • Fandom:
    Sega, Sonic, Warcraft, Final Fantasy

Posted 14 October 2012 - 05:32 AM

Sorry but I am resigned to owning 2 consoles one of which will be the Wii U.It won't "win" in my eyes until such time as I don't have to use an Xbox to play warfighter,bf3,bf4?,crysis3,gtav? the list goes on.I hear people talk about Mario,Kirby,Zelda etc and yes the first party Nintendo games will be great.However gaming has changed so much in the last ten years that first party games are now taking a backseat sales wise to third party ones in general.
Love the idea of the Wii U,the hardware etc but for those of us who expect to play fairly much all the AAA games then at the minute two consoles are needed for me.I would love to be completely wrong and things are better than with the Wii.For me the console that will win this gen (if any) will be the one that balances 1st and 3rd party games the best.The tech,graphics etc will matter but people will want to play all the multiplatform games to consider owning just the Wii U alone

I horribly disagree with you on first party sales taking the back seat to 3rd party and nothing has changed in the last 10 years in that sense. People buy systems for 1st party titles. All the games you mentioned can be had on on the PS3,360,and PC. Games like Halo, Uncharted, God of War, and Mario/Zelda move systems. If they didn't we would have no need for 3 consoles. To say otherwise is ridiculous.
Posted Image
Check out my video game collection blog at http://genesaturn.blogspot.com/
Feel free to add me as a friend on your 3DS and Wii U as well - Friend Code = 1289-9502-7134 / Nintendo ID - Tricky

#14 Guest_TRON_*

Guest_TRON_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 October 2012 - 05:46 AM

It's funny but before the Wii U was coming out it was all gameplay over graphics( still true )but for some reason that mindset has changed with some people. Sure the Wii U looks like a great console full of a lot potential but the one thing I'm afraid of is being left behind once the PS4/NextBox come out. We all know they both will have more power, how much more no one knows yet but I just hope devlopers that release games muliplat will not have to make things look worse and cut corners just to have them run next gen games on the Wii U.
About disrespecting Nintendo and winning the consoles wars to that I say who cares, I never got caught up or understood why people would really care about that stuff to begin, maybe only to make themselves feel better and say "look I was right ****** sold more consoles, wahoo I'm number 1, hahahahahaha,yessssssss".
I buy all consoles for the games and to have fun and really couldn't care who comes out on top with sales figures and such and probably will get a PS4,NextBox along with my Wii U to enjoy all of next gen.

I can bet everything it won't be 20x less powerful plus outdated architecture. If you understand tech you understand yes Wii u will be less powerful but not anything close to what Wii was to ps360

#15 Stormage09

Stormage09

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 621 posts
  • Fandom:
    Dexter, Walking Dead

Posted 14 October 2012 - 05:50 AM

yeah thats the fun part, you ask any kid about theyr favorite games on Xbox and Playstation and 75%+ of those games are MULTIPLAT when in nintendo they will tell you all the oposite thing, 75%+ are first party games, thats why if nintendo can catch up in graphics theyr competition they are more than dead way better first party games + all third party = ownage, Xbox and PS are mainly third party platforms

even if the wii u gets downgraded all the AAA third party titles this next gen the sales results can be really interesting, thats whats MS and Sony are afraid of and they will try to outclass the nintendo platform to make it look obsolete and disuade third parties to release theyr games on it

Edited by Stormage09, 14 October 2012 - 05:53 AM.

Posted Image

#16 Keviin

Keviin

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,270 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Metroid, Resident Evil

Posted 14 October 2012 - 05:55 AM

While what TRON said is most likely true, I believe the graphics when 1. We know the actual specs and/or 2. We'll see games that look at least as amazing as the Zelda HD Experience, because let's face it: that looks truly next-gen.
No sig.

#17 scotty79

scotty79

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 295 posts
  • Fandom:
    bf3,cod and timesplitters 2!

Posted 14 October 2012 - 06:00 AM

@Tricky are you telling me cod bf FIFA ac etc are selling less than 1st party games please elaborate?on which console is there any first party title outselling these franchises?halo uncharted definetely are not and if your telling me there isn't a swing away from 1st party titles being the top sellers exclusively then your wrong.
Posted Image

#18 Crackkat

Crackkat

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,266 posts
  • Fandom:
    zelda mainly, most nintendo stuff too

Posted 14 October 2012 - 06:09 AM

You mean this in the business perspective, right?

no i mean the wii had more power than the gamecube, xbox and ps2
Posted Image

#19 JaylisJayP

JaylisJayP

Spiny

• Members
  • 243 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 06:33 AM

I will preface my comment by saying I am getting the Deluxe Day 1, so I'm certainly not down on Nintendo.

That said, I really don't believe the power debate has to do with disrespect (who is Nintendo...CM Punk?). I think it's just a matter of people wanting to know if their investment is going to be worth it. While so many people point to gameplay over graphics, graphics ultimately do play a huge part in the VIDEO game industry. People have a very sour taste in their mouth from the last 2 years or so of the Wii's lifecycle, and I admit the graphics gap ultimately got to me, as well, and I rarely play it. (On a side note, I'll be keeping it since I can't see trading it in for like $50 especially since I'd have to buy another WiiMote plus again for the WiiU, which would essentially negate anything I'd get on the Wii).

I also would imagine and agree the graphics gap won't be as severe as last gen, but you'd have to speculate Nintendo will, in fact, be bringing up the rear. All companies change over time, especially in a heated world of tablet/smartphone competition, and if Nintendo really had amazing tech to boast, I have to believe they would've done so at least a little bit.

#20 MOFO

MOFO

Shy Guy

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 06:36 AM

I can bet everything it won't be 20x less powerful plus outdated architecture. If you understand tech you understand yes Wii u will be less powerful but not anything close to what Wii was to ps360

No one ever said it would 20x more powerful, but it can make a difference like DX10 to DX11, tesselation in DX11 makes good looking games great. Look im still pumped for the Wii U so don't think I'm trying to downplay it, i'm not just a little concerned of what the future may hold after the others join in.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!