Photo

Aliens Colonial Marines Thread

• Please log in to reply
352 replies to this topic

#41 Foot

Foot

The most badass sociopath to ever exist.

• Members
  • 1,038 posts
  • NNID:DPapcinEVO
  • Fandom:
    Sock Wars, Shoehorn Leghorn

Posted 24 September 2012 - 11:19 AM

Nah, it'll b Feb 13
I am the foot. I do not like you. You smother me with socks and shoes, then step on me thousands of times a day.

We foot will rebel one day.

#42 Expansion Pak

Expansion Pak

Enlightened Fanboy

• Members
  • 821 posts
  • NNID:Koopamann14
  • Fandom:
    Pokemon the Series: XY and PS4

Posted 24 September 2012 - 11:48 AM

Hopefully this is true. This gane is amazing!

I shower you with coconut cream pies.

#43 Mignaga

Mignaga

JOO TAKE MAH EMMERROWDS?!

• Members
  • 1,504 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zero Escape Metroid Madoka

Posted 24 September 2012 - 11:52 AM

That would be a great timed exclusive, however I doubt that it will actually happen. Oh well, we can dream.

Mig_Sig.png

Be wary, the suck is coming.

#44 Nintendustin

Nintendustin

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 483 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 24 September 2012 - 12:58 PM

I want this game so bad!

#45 Happy Monk

Happy Monk

Boo

• Members
  • 528 posts
  • NNID:Happy_Monk
  • Fandom:
    Kirby + Dragonball mostly.

Posted 24 September 2012 - 03:00 PM

I want the game, but haven't watched any of the alien films yet. I think they come first.
Bring the noise.

#46 Nintendustin

Nintendustin

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 483 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 24 September 2012 - 03:03 PM

I want the game, but haven't watched any of the alien films yet. I think they come first.

I don't think it matters.

#47 Soul

Soul

TYBG

• Members
  • 3,660 posts
  • Fandom:
    I ENJOY HIP HOP BEATS

Posted 24 September 2012 - 03:05 PM

No it doesn't matter. Have you played the arcade games it's basically the same in HD with a story.

#48 Happy Monk

Happy Monk

Boo

• Members
  • 528 posts
  • NNID:Happy_Monk
  • Fandom:
    Kirby + Dragonball mostly.

Posted 24 September 2012 - 03:15 PM

No, I haven't played or seen anything to do with the films. But I do own them, just haven't found a time to watch them yet.
Bring the noise.

#49 Auzzie Wingman

Auzzie Wingman

Mournblade

• Members
  • 4,346 posts
  • NNID:AuzzieWingman
  • Fandom:
    Not enough space here

Posted 24 September 2012 - 03:43 PM

Well, Gearbox did give the Wii U quite the amount of praise, even going as far as to saying that the Wii U version is most likely the definitive, or something to that effect. I wouldn't say it's beyond them to make a timed exclusive out of it.

But I have a feeling that it's going to be timed DLC as opposed to the actual game. Kinda like what Xbox 360 has had on CoD titles in the past.

Trophy Cards are classy too! LOLZIGZAGOON

AuzzieWingman.png

#50 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 24 September 2012 - 03:48 PM

I don't think it matters.

No it doesn't matter. Have you played the arcade games it's basically the same in HD with a story.

According to what's his face with the beard, it's a sequel to the third film.
Or concurrent with the second.
I don't remember, but they worked with Ridley on the story.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#51 00stevo

00stevo

Shy Guy

• Members
  • 30 posts
  • Fandom:
    Resi,Halo,Metroid,Mario

Posted 24 September 2012 - 04:59 PM

What are some of you guys on about? ALIEN/ALIENS is one of the best movie franchises ever made,if you watch the first 2 movies you will understand why they are on LV426.

Thats a load of bollocks tbh,like i said if youd actually taken the time to watch the first 2,and even Prometheus,you would understand why the marines are there and what happened prior to them being there.

As you can tell i am a big fan of the ALIEN movies,and it annoys me when people say things like 'no just go ahead and play you dont need any back story' or something like that.

There is a reason for the excitement for this game and its basically the ALIEN fans like me who have been waiting years and years for a decent game based around it. Colonial marines looks like it could be the game im really looking forward to it.

Edited by 00stevo, 24 September 2012 - 05:04 PM.

#52 Nintendustin

Nintendustin

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 483 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 24 September 2012 - 05:03 PM

Well, I guess I need to re-watch Aliens.

#53 Auzzie Wingman

Auzzie Wingman

Mournblade

• Members
  • 4,346 posts
  • NNID:AuzzieWingman
  • Fandom:
    Not enough space here

Posted 24 September 2012 - 05:03 PM

Prometheus was pretty gay. It does give the perfect insight as to how the Aliens universe works, but it was still pretty craptastic.

You'd have to be a fan of the series to understand, I suppose.

Trophy Cards are classy too! LOLZIGZAGOON

AuzzieWingman.png

#54 Hunter

Hunter

Cheetah

• Members
  • 1,664 posts
  • NNID:Mr.Orange
  • Fandom:
    spyro, crash bandicoot, prince of persia

Posted 25 September 2012 - 12:39 AM

Prometheus was pretty gay.

Can someone explain to me how a film can be "gay" unless it is, in fact, about homosexuality? Possibly the most moronic term ive ever heard.

Anyway I agree with stevo, Alien, Aliens and Prometheus are some of the best sci fi films in the world. I would suggest that if you play this game you watch the first two or at least look up the story because i think you will enjoy the game more. I wouldnt say you HAVE to know the story of the Alien franchise to enjoy this game, but it will add to the overall experience.

Edited by Hunter, 25 September 2012 - 12:41 AM.

#55 Ixchel

Ixchel

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 874 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 09:39 AM

I agree. Even though I'm sure the game will explain enough to get you through it, it is always a good idea to look into the backstory just to enjoy it more. As said earlier, it directly relates to specific movies from the franchise. And the Alien series is worth viewing on its own...

But not like it matters since the dood says he owns the movies anyways. :P
Posted Image

#56 Press

Press

Thwomp

• Members
  • 325 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Smash, FF, KH, Sonic

Posted 25 September 2012 - 10:42 AM

Sensitive replies in this thread?

Anyway, more power to Gearbox and Wii U. Not too much a fan of Aliens, but I have watched the movies.

#57 Tricky Sonic

Tricky Sonic

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,853 posts
  • NNID:Tricky
  • Fandom:
    Sega, Sonic, Warcraft, Final Fantasy

Posted 25 September 2012 - 10:57 AM

Anyone who hasn't seen any Alien films should lower their heads in shame! Prometheus was amazing. Watch Alien first because I think it would make the game far more enjoyable
Posted Image
Check out my video game collection blog at http://genesaturn.blogspot.com/
Feel free to add me as a friend on your 3DS and Wii U as well - Friend Code = 1289-9502-7134 / Nintendo ID - Tricky

#58 scotty79

scotty79

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 295 posts
  • Fandom:
    bf3,cod and timesplitters 2!

Posted 25 September 2012 - 11:36 PM

I just posted about this in another thread about this game before I saw this.Went to my local game shop and spoke to the manager who I know a long time.Was asking him bout the wii u and he said they had just come back from the companies wii u demo/training.He said a lot of stuff I already know then I mentioned Aliens and that it was a shame that it was going to be feb next year.He said "we had q n a with nintendo uk at training and they were adamant that Aliens would launch in 2012 on wii u".

He is going to be sorry if he told me wrong info lol wont ever let him forget it!!!!
(has been right about stuff in the past mostly release dates,pricing and the like)
Posted Image

#59 ZombiCarolyn

ZombiCarolyn

Boo

• Members
  • 536 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 11:49 AM

Anyone who hasn't seen any Alien films should lower their heads in shame! Prometheus was amazing. Watch Alien first because I think it would make the game far more enjoyable

Prometheus was the best film by far.

#60 scotty79

scotty79

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 295 posts
  • Fandom:
    bf3,cod and timesplitters 2!

Posted 26 September 2012 - 11:59 PM

lol noooooooo Aliens was the best film in the series.Alien was good, prometheus was ok.The rest meh
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!