angelo07stang

Boo

• Members
  • 521 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Zelda, Metroid, mariokart

Posted 18 October 2012 - 10:09 AM

http://www.ign.com/a...dd5665682500038

Not looking good for voice chat nintendo is leaving it up to developers and to voice chat you need a third party headset with a mic to plug into the game pad but heres the problem the pro controller has no spot to plug in a headset.

Ireally was hoping nintendo was going to have a dedicated voice chat system like ps3 and 360 but its not this sucks.

In my honest opinion nintendo had to have a dedicated voice chat party chat the fact that it wont really is dsappointing.
Posted Image

#2 SDDMN

SDDMN

Boo

• Members
  • 518 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Golden Sun, Zelda

Posted 18 October 2012 - 10:10 AM

Wow, I think you just beat me to the punch with the info, but like I said in the topic I made about it, it doesn't bother me really since I don't usually chat with anyone anyway.

However, I can see that those who like to chat might be pretty upset with this.

SmashBros_zps4a8520f2.png

#3 angelo07stang

angelo07stang

Boo

• Members
  • 521 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 18 October 2012 - 10:22 AM

Wow, I think you just beat me to the punch with the info, but like I said in the topic I made about it, it doesn't bother me really since I don't usually chat with anyone anyway.

However, I can see that those who like to chat might be pretty upset with this.

It bothers me a little and will bother a lot of the older hardcore gaming crowd in my opinon people are already going ape shat over this on other websites idont blame them. Im still getting the system though but am dissappointed.

Well so far there will only be 2 options for wii u headsets the pdp afterglow and the turtle beach. The pdp afterglow is a best seller on gamestops website under wiiu stuff but its 89.00
Posted Image

#4 Tricky Sonic

Tricky Sonic

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,853 posts
  • NNID:Tricky
  • Fandom:
    Sega, Sonic, Warcraft, Final Fantasy

Posted 18 October 2012 - 10:23 AM

I'm OK with this. 90% of the people I've chatted with on the 360 were annoying kids and elitist jerks.
Posted Image
Check out my video game collection blog at http://genesaturn.blogspot.com/
Feel free to add me as a friend on your 3DS and Wii U as well - Friend Code = 1289-9502-7134 / Nintendo ID - Tricky

#5 angelo07stang

angelo07stang

Boo

• Members
  • 521 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 18 October 2012 - 10:26 AM

I'm OK with this. 90% of the people I've chatted with on the 360 were annoying kids and elitist jerks.

Its still nice to have espicially if you like gaming with buds on your friends list. I will say this the next mario kart better have it and any game tha trequires mutiplayer or for you t owork as a team better have it. All the other fanboys on the other sites are making fun of nintendo now lolol I really hope wii u does great but when I hear news like this it makes me think that nintendo is still no serious about online gaming. If they are so called trying to lure the hard core gamer that plays on ps3 and 360 and not just the casual gamer they need to have an awsome online system and voice chat in my opinion.

Edited by angelo07stang, 18 October 2012 - 10:28 AM.

Posted Image

#6 Stormage09

Stormage09

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 621 posts
  • Fandom:
    Dexter, Walking Dead

Posted 18 October 2012 - 10:27 AM

i think we must wait for some kind of nintendo direct or someone from nintendo to explain how it works or not

because we dont know anything about its online social features and or communication

Edited by Stormage09, 18 October 2012 - 10:34 AM.

Posted Image

#7 angelo07stang

angelo07stang

Boo

• Members
  • 521 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 18 October 2012 - 10:32 AM

i think we must wait for some kind of nintendo direct or someone from nintendo to explain how it works or not

because we dont know anything about its online social features and or communication

Goodpoint blooper no sense in getting everyones pantys in a bunch just yet. I am hoping for one more wii u nintendo direct that will explain online miiverse and all that jazz before it launches.
Posted Image

#8 Stormage09

Stormage09

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 621 posts
  • Fandom:
    Dexter, Walking Dead

Posted 18 October 2012 - 10:34 AM

we know that there is a video-voice chat aplication with friends, and something called Wii U chat write on the box lol

the ideal thing is to have a dedicated aplication like TS or ventrilo were you can chat with friends while you play any game or when you are on the wii u menus

Edited by Stormage09, 18 October 2012 - 10:35 AM.

Posted Image

#9 Tricky Sonic

Tricky Sonic

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,853 posts
  • NNID:Tricky
  • Fandom:
    Sega, Sonic, Warcraft, Final Fantasy

Posted 18 October 2012 - 10:36 AM

Goodpoint blooper no sense in getting everyones pantys in a bunch just yet. I am hoping for one more wii u nintendo direct that will explain online miiverse and all that jazz before it launches.

I'm sure Nintendo will work it out. PS360 doesn't have built in mics either. Just because the pro controller doesn't have a spot for a microphone doesn't mean anything. Imagine plugging a wireless headset into the gamepad as It's on the cradle. I'm pretty sure Nintendo has sad that the gamepad can still be used for other things while playing.
Posted Image
Check out my video game collection blog at http://genesaturn.blogspot.com/
Feel free to add me as a friend on your 3DS and Wii U as well - Friend Code = 1289-9502-7134 / Nintendo ID - Tricky

#10 angelo07stang

angelo07stang

Boo

• Members
  • 521 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 18 October 2012 - 10:37 AM

we know that there is a video-voice chat aplication with friends, and something called Wii U chat write on the box lol

the ideal thing is to have a dedicated aplication like TS or ventrilo were you can chat with friends while you play any game or when you are on the wii u menus

Exactley I think nintendo def has to do this cause in my opinion this is a pretty big feature.
Posted Image

#11 Press

Press

Thwomp

• Members
  • 325 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Smash, FF, KH, Sonic

Posted 18 October 2012 - 10:45 AM

Too early to count it out now. There is plenty of room for development. I WANT universal voice chat at some point, but Nintendo is one for having parental measures on their consoles, at least since Wii. So this must be why.

#12 Stormage09

Stormage09

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 621 posts
  • Fandom:
    Dexter, Walking Dead

Posted 18 October 2012 - 10:48 AM

the system will have 1gb of ram for the OS so... i dont see the problem about the chat thing, if they dont do it its only because the dont want

anyway i see this a bit strange, having video chat and all that stuff but no voice chat only and with the u-pad mic not working in the "in game" voice chats sound really odd lol, something is really wrong here... the information or nintendo lol

Edited by Stormage09, 18 October 2012 - 10:50 AM.

Posted Image

#13 Socalmuscle

Socalmuscle

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,677 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 11:12 AM

there is a form of voice chat included with MiiVerse.

But Nintendo has only so much time to do these ambitious things it has been developing. TVii and MiiVerse no doubt took tons of resources.

Voice chat with the Wii U gamepad is a cinch.

Universal, system/app/game-wide chat can and most likely will be included in a near future system update.

#14 Keviin

Keviin

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,270 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Metroid, Resident Evil

Posted 18 October 2012 - 11:18 AM

Wait, what topic is the right one now? Like said in the other one: It's horsing ridiculous that you can't use the Gamepad microphone for chatting. Ugh, Nintendo, you never fail to surprise.
No sig.

#15 angelo07stang

angelo07stang

Boo

• Members
  • 521 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 18 October 2012 - 11:49 AM

I posted the news first than someone else made a thread 2 min later without checking first to see if 1 was already created.
Posted Image

#16 Stormage09

Stormage09

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 621 posts
  • Fandom:
    Dexter, Walking Dead

Posted 18 October 2012 - 11:53 AM

the Wii U OS and app developer must be an infiltrated sony ninja spy, theres is no other reason because no one can be that dumb to burrito up a simple thing like that and turn it into this

this is a random person trying to play a game on the Wii U and using the voice chat at the same time

Posted Image

Edited by Stormage09, 18 October 2012 - 11:54 AM.

Posted Image

#17 angelo07stang

angelo07stang

Boo

• Members
  • 521 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 18 October 2012 - 11:55 AM

the Wii U OS and app developer must be an infiltrated sony ninja spy, theres is no other reason because no one can be that dumb to burrito up a simple thing like that and turn it into this

this is a random person trying to play a game on the Wii U and using the voice chat at the same time

Posted Image

lol thats pretty funny.
Posted Image

#18 SDDMN

SDDMN

Boo

• Members
  • 518 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Golden Sun, Zelda

Posted 18 October 2012 - 12:16 PM

I posted the news first than someone else made a thread 2 min later without checking first to see if 1 was already created.

Uhh, about that...I spent about five minutes making sure I had everything right for mine, so that would be why I never saw yours, my bad. :blush:

Edited by SDDMN, 18 October 2012 - 12:17 PM.

SmashBros_zps4a8520f2.png

#19 Stormage09

Stormage09

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 621 posts
  • Fandom:
    Dexter, Walking Dead

Posted 18 October 2012 - 12:16 PM

WHAT WERE THEY THINKING!!!???

Posted Image
Posted Image

#20 angelo07stang

angelo07stang

Boo

• Members
  • 521 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 18 October 2012 - 12:52 PM

Uhh, about that...I spent about five minutes making sure I had everything right for mine, so that would be why I never saw yours, my bad. :blush:

its no big deal i done it before too lol
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!