Photo

Is the Wii U Really a Graphical Jump Over the PS3 & 360?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
130 replies to this topic

#41 Mitch

Mitch

Dingus

• Members
  • 1,839 posts
  • NNID:Mitch13pavel
  • Fandom:
    Mitch :3

Posted 21 October 2012 - 10:21 AM

Its not about graphics with Nintendo, Nintendo is going to do what Nintendo does best and that is delivering a unique fun video game experience and thats all that matters

#42 Mignaga

Mignaga

JOO TAKE MAH EMMERROWDS?!

• Members
  • 1,504 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zero Escape Metroid Madoka

Posted 21 October 2012 - 10:26 AM

BWHAHA that what you think they are actually going to make a 4000 dollar console but take losses to bring the price down to around 200 for their basic and 250 for their premium.

I might find this funny if I could understand more than 1/4 of it.

Mig_Sig.png

Be wary, the suck is coming.

#43 The Lonely Koopa

The Lonely Koopa

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 617 posts
  • Fandom:
    Reggie's Body, Nintendo being doomed

Posted 21 October 2012 - 10:31 AM

I might find this funny if I could understand more than 1/4 of it.

Sorry, But I can't really understand how you don't understand what it says it's pretty straightforward.

#44 Stormage09

Stormage09

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 621 posts
  • Fandom:
    Dexter, Walking Dead

Posted 21 October 2012 - 10:34 AM

its funny when the people say that nintendo is no about graphics when nintendo ALWAYS was the most powerful console in EVERY generation until the wii one when they changed theyr bussines strategy, any company knows how to build a console with the best hardware... but that strategy dont works forever to be succesful in making money thats why they changed

the kids that are now 18-16 they were 12-10 when the wii came out and they did not experienced the previous generations of consoles so they think the "wii" is the way nintendo has been in the entire life lol

i remember when the first metroid prime came out in the gamecube it was called "the best looking game on consoles"

this is from 2002... it was stunning back then, imagine that with neat graphics because of the video quality, 10 years ago.. it had no rival

and this one was also amazing too lol, in fact the wii was almost on par with the gamecube

Edited by Stormage09, 21 October 2012 - 11:07 AM.

Posted Image

#45 Mignaga

Mignaga

• Members
  • 1,504 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 21 October 2012 - 10:41 AM

Sorry, But I can't really understand how you don't understand what it says it's pretty straightforward.

1. Who is they? Is it Nintendo? It certainly sounds like it with they way you wrote it.
2. When did I indicate that this "they" are going tp make a $4000 console? Your first sentance says that I did.
3. If you were refering to Nintendo earlier in the post, the Basic pack is $300, and the Deluxe is $350. Not $200, and $250.

Mig_Sig.png

#46 Robotic Sunshine Commander

Robotic Sunshine Commander

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,350 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 10:43 AM

Its not about graphics with Nintendo, Nintendo is going to do what Nintendo does best and that is delivering a unique fun video game experience and thats all that matters

but then again graphics are a part of the best experience which nintendo said is important themselves. none of the three necessarily focus on graphics.

Signature_Fox.png

#47 00stevo

00stevo

Shy Guy

• Members
  • 30 posts
  • Fandom:
    Resi,Halo,Metroid,Mario

Posted 21 October 2012 - 10:45 AM

In the OP's first post,he says the Wii-U has x8 the amount of RAM as a ps3,which qoute, "has 256mb". That is wrong,both 360 and PS3 have 512mb,the difference between the two,is the 360 can divide its ram up any way it chooses. The PS3 has 256mb allocated to system and GPU respectively,theres no way to divide it up,hence why ps3 cant have cross game chat because it needed a few more megs from the system ram which it simply cant have.

Also,OP says Wii-U has 2GB GDDR3 ram,that it just a wild guess mate,noone knows what ram the Wii-u has.For all we know it could be DDR4,or something completely different.

#48 Robotic Sunshine Commander

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,350 posts

its funny when the people say that nintendo is no about graphics when nintendo ALWAYS was the most powerful console in EVERY generation until the wii one when they changed theyr bussines strategy, any company knows how to build a console with the best hardware... but that strategy dont works forever to be succesful in making money thats why they changed

nintendo doesnt need to bring itself back up in sales like they did with the wii. thats why the wii u is so powerful and will be competitive for next ten.

Signature_Fox.png

#49 Mitch

Mitch

Dingus

• Members
  • 1,839 posts
  • NNID:Mitch13pavel
  • Fandom:
    Mitch :3

none of the three necessarily focus on graphics.

Im pretty sure Sony gets off on being the graphical juggernaut in the room :P

#50 Robotic Sunshine Commander

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,350 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 10:47 AM

in some ways i would agree, but i think it's just about being the most powerful in respective departments, not just in visuals.

Signature_Fox.png

#51 The Lonely Koopa

The Lonely Koopa

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 617 posts
  • Fandom:
    Reggie's Body, Nintendo being doomed

Posted 21 October 2012 - 11:03 AM

1. Who is they? Is it Nintendo? It certainly sounds like it with they way you wrote it.
2. When did I indicate that this "they" are going tp make a $4000 console? Your first sentance says that I did.
3. If you were refering to Nintendo earlier in the post, the Basic pack is $300, and the Deluxe is $350. Not $200, and $250.

1.They refers to Microsoft and Sony .
2. 4000$ dollar was referring to you saying Sony and Microsoft won't make a huge jump .
3.Basic and Premium is talking about Sony and Microsoft doing separate versions of their console and Them taking losses to bring the price of each version down to 200 and 250 dollars making them less expensive than nintendo's console.

Edited by The Lonely Koopa, 21 October 2012 - 11:05 AM.

#52 dragomix

dragomix

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 143 posts
  • NNID:dragomix
  • Fandom:
    PC and Nintendo fan

Posted 21 October 2012 - 11:08 AM

Multiplatform games look better on Xbox 360! Best looking games of this generation are on Xbox 360. PS3 lost this battle because of bad architecture that PS3 has! Divided RAM, bad GPU, developer nightmere of a CPU...

They can tell fairy tales about how PS3 is powerful and "hard core" console with best graphics, but that simply not true!

#53 Robotic Sunshine Commander

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,350 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 11:09 AM

Multiplatform games look better on Xbox 360! Best looking games of this generation are on Xbox 360. PS3 lost this battle because of bad architecture that PS3 has! Divided RAM, bad GPU, developer nightmere of a CPU...

They can tell fairy tales about how PS3 is powerful and "hard core" console with best graphics, but that simply not true!

huh?
Posted Image
Posted Image

Edited by hardcoreUfan, 21 October 2012 - 11:16 AM.

Signature_Fox.png

#54 scotty79

scotty79

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 295 posts
  • Fandom:
    bf3,cod and timesplitters 2!

Posted 21 October 2012 - 11:13 AM

Was just going to make reference to uncharted 3 myself.i think of the PS n 360 that ps3 is graphically better but not by much.
Posted Image

#55 Robotic Sunshine Commander

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,350 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 11:14 AM

Was just going to make reference to uncharted 3 myself.i think of the PS n 360 that ps3 is graphically better but not by much.

no but it definately is stronger just from looking at the first party titles.

its the last of us btw lol

Signature_Fox.png

#56 Mignaga

Mignaga

• Members
  • 1,504 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 21 October 2012 - 11:16 AM

1.They refers to Microsoft and Sony .
2. 4000$ dollar was referring to you saying Sony and Microsoft won't make a huge jump .
3.Basic and Premium is talking about Sony and Microsoft doing separate versions of their console and Them taking losses to bring the price of each version down to 200 and 250 dollars making them less expensive than nintendo's console.

Alright. Clarification is good.

Mig_Sig.png

#57 Robotic Sunshine Commander

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,350 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 11:20 AM

the kids that are now 18-16 they were 12-10 when the wii came out and they did not experienced the previous generations of consoles so they think the "wii" is the way nintendo has been in the entire life lol

i remember when the first metroid prime came out in the gamecube it was called "the best looking game on consoles"

this is from 2002... it was stunning back then, imagine that with neat graphics because of the video quality, 10 years ago.. it had no rival

and this one was also amazing too lol, in fact the wii was almost on par with the gamecube

some kids really make themselves look stupid when they say nintendo consoles have bad graphics. even the wii ( which was nintendo's weakest console) looked decent with multi plats.

gamecube and before were all the most powerful of thier generation, or on par as wii u will be with the xbox 8.

Signature_Fox.png

#58 dragomix

dragomix

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 143 posts
  • Fandom:
    PC and Nintendo fan

Posted 21 October 2012 - 11:46 AM

huh?

Do I really need to post Halo 4 Screens? There are tons of games, multiplatform ones, that look better on Xbox 360. Uncharted 3 can't come close to GOW. BTW that screens are heavyly modified, just like this one:
Posted Image

Edited by dragomix, 21 October 2012 - 11:46 AM.

#59 scotty79

scotty79

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 295 posts
  • Fandom:
    bf3,cod and timesplitters 2!

Posted 21 October 2012 - 01:20 PM

Absolute nonsense,if a game looks better on Xbox than ps3 its because it was developed on Xbox mainly and ported to PS.The same can be true the other way round.i think its close but just the ps 3.played over 200 hours of bfbc2 online accross ps and Xbox and could tell the differences if I could see smoke or water.Also you say halo 4 I would prefer examples actually released.GOW is good looking played all but imo not as nice as maybe metal gear or uncharted on ps.this is just my opinion though
Posted Image

#60 dragomix

dragomix

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 143 posts
  • Fandom:
    PC and Nintendo fan

Posted 21 October 2012 - 01:53 PM

Absolute nonsense,if a game looks better on Xbox than ps3 its because it was developed on Xbox mainly and ported to PS.The same can be true the other way round.i think its close but just the ps 3.played over 200 hours of bfbc2 online accross ps and Xbox and could tell the differences if I could see smoke or water.Also you say halo 4 I would prefer examples actually released.GOW is good looking played all but imo not as nice as maybe metal gear or uncharted on ps.this is just my opinion though

Halo 4 leaked, you can find it on torrent sites. I have modified Xbox, and I have played the game. Im not the only one that is saying that Halo 4 is the best looking game on consoles. I sad it 100 times, I mainly play games on PC in full HD, all details High, DX11, and Halo 4 can beat most if not all of PC games in same resolution. Game is beter looking than Crysis! They did fantastic job!

Second, PS3 have weaker GPU than Xbox. To compensate that, programmers need to employ several SPEs. SPEs are not good at processing graphics, they are not efficient, so results are catastrophic. PS3 can't render textures in resolution that Xbox 360 can, lightning is not as good and so on. They did really fantastic job with physics by the way.

I have played RDR on both consoles, Xbox 360 version look better, it has more characters on screen, view distance is better. You can see this in the video below:

Why I was telling this, because horsepower means nothing if you don't balance your system. Wii U is weary balanced system!

P.S. I don't support piracy, I will buy Halo 4. On the other hand, I can do with hardware I bought whatever I want!

Edited by dragomix, 21 October 2012 - 01:55 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!