Shy Guy

• Members
  • 30 posts
  • Fandom:
    Resi,Halo,Metroid,Mario

Posted 21 October 2012 - 03:24 PM

I'll keep it short.

The Playstation (PSX)

This is a genuine classic console.It redefined gaming,and introduced a whole new genre of games.It deserved its success. The controller at the time was awesome,and playing wipeout with it is a fond memory of mine.An endless catalogue of games make this console possibly the most loved console ever released. (if it had mario it would've gained legendary status)

The Playstation 2

Following on from the awesome success of its predecessor,the PS2 didnt have much to worry about.Amazing graphics,DVD playing capabilities,and a resounding 'cool factor' meant the PS2 was arguably even more popular than PS1.Metal gear solid 2 literally wow'd gamers with its gfx,and GTA3 and Vice city as long time exclusives destroyed the competition.PS2 was a juggernaut,and nothing could stop it.Again,another much loved classic console.

The Playstation 3.

Even after the huge success of the PS2,there was always something iffy about the PS3 in previews.It was strange then,but clear looking back.

XBOX. I bet Sony hates that name.The initial release of XBOX,did actually steal some of sony's thunder,even if its ps2 was untouchable at the time.See,what happened was the ps2 market was saturated with copy cat shovelware games,and thats great for the casuals and families.But for a while,sony took there eye off the core gamers,and microsoft took most of them in one swoop with there much more poweful xbox,and some killer games with killer graphics.Halo and PGR need no mention.Also notable and a first for consoles,was an internal HDD.We could even rip CD's!! We had custom soundtracks!! We had better gfx,loading times....better everything really.Not to mention LIVE which completely revolutionised online multiplayer on consoles.

So...................Fast forward to PS3. They gave us an internal HDD,cool. But Microsoft already had a cooler feature where you could take your HDD anywhere,even connect it to your mates 360. If you tried that on PS3,you would have to format the HDD,not cool.

Sony added a bluray player,Great!! Except it hiked up the cost and a PS3 would set you back at least £425! AT LEAST!! To add to the insult of the price,we got a lovely composite cable in the box,thanks sony.
But it certainly doesnt stop there,said bluray player is so slow,you have FORCED game installs,because the drive cant read the disc fast enough.So after getting home with a game you've just bought,you might as well load it up and head on out for a few beers, and it might be done when you get back.

-No rumble until late on
-Controller design same as PS1 except with lousy 'pressure sensitive' buttons which btw,are useless.
-Launch console is the worst looking console ever.Huge,heavier than my PC in fact.
-Worst AD campaign ever
-Oh yh the triggers on the controller............lol

I could go on and on tbh.Sure microsoft have made mistakes(RROD anyone?) But on the whole,Sony have lost the foothold they had.Absolutely shockingly bad advertising,coupled with poor multiplat ports and a general lack of direction are literally killing sony atm. PSvita? Where are sony? What are they doing? I dont even think they know. I'll post more when my brain gets in gear again.

#2 Robotic Sunshine Commander

Robotic Sunshine Commander

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,350 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 03:35 PM

I agree , even though the 360 isnt any better.

Signature_Fox.png

#3 kirbylover

kirbylover

Kirby And Pikachu are Freakin awesome

• Members
  • 407 posts
  • Fandom:
    kirby,mario kart,mario,anything nintendo

Posted 21 October 2012 - 03:38 PM

I agree. That's why I hate sony so much.

Signature_Mewtwo.png

Pokedex entry: Mewtwo: The butt pokemon. It is really sexy and any pokemon that sees it wants to have sex with it. It's power comes from it's butt.

#4 cannonshane

cannonshane

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 925 posts
  • Fandom:
    Luigi

Posted 21 October 2012 - 03:41 PM

POPULAR

People over analyse things these days, Learn to enjoy life seriously. Like all those people going "OMG da Wii U isnt 8 timez quicker than PS3740 etc," or "OHMRG NAWWWW da touch screen on da gamepad isnt a superdooper whooper one"
Enjoy the console for what it is, a games machine, something to play and have fun on.

Edited by cannonshane, 21 October 2012 - 03:42 PM.

Staff Writer at http://www.allagegaming.com/

Strayaaaaaaaaaa Mate

#5 angelo07stang

angelo07stang

Boo

• Members
  • 521 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Zelda, Metroid, mariokart

Posted 21 October 2012 - 03:55 PM

I was dissapointed that my fat 80 gig after 5 years died and sony wanted 189 TO repair it so I just went out and bought the new 250 gig uncharted 3 superslim bundle.
Posted Image

#6 nintendo3DS

nintendo3DS

Pokemon Master

• Members
  • 1,624 posts
  • Fandom:
    Pokemon, FF XIII trilogy

Posted 21 October 2012 - 03:57 PM

Only downsides for PS3 for me is the internal hard drive that's hard to take out if you're not good with tech. It should of been like Xbox 360 where you can swap hard drives easily.

The other thing is that downloading things are REALLY, REALLY, SLOW. But that's it really.

#7 BanjoKazooie

BanjoKazooie

Witch Slayer

• Members
  • 1,258 posts
  • Fandom:
    LOZ, Mario, Elder Scrolls

Posted 21 October 2012 - 03:58 PM

I love my PS3.... Although the price alienated me until about 8 months ago when a friend wanted to buy an iPhone and offered to sell it to me for 100$, with like 20 games.(and I had to give him an old iPod I didn't use anymore).but not having to pay for love this year was a gift, it's like being able to buy an extra game for free! Listen to cannonshane, be happy with what they were able to give you, it's still fun. Personally I hated the ps2 because the graphics sucked compared to GameCube and Xbox, and I was too young to play the "hardcore" titles.

post-1466-0-36015200-1348103349.png

I was once known here as KillerMario, but since I really like Banjo-Kazooie, I changed my display name to show them my respect :)

#8 Dark Link

Dark Link

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 67 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 04:00 PM

People over analyse things these days, Learn to enjoy life seriously. Like all those people going "OMG da Wii U isnt 8 timez quicker than PS3740 etc," or "OHMRG NAWWWW da touch screen on da gamepad isnt a superdooper whooper one"
Enjoy the console for what it is, a games machine, something to play and have fun on.

This.

Anyway my overall experience on the PS3 has been positive. It is a console with a lot of gems that I enjoy playing like 3D Dot Game Heroes, Tales of Graces f, Disgaea 3 & 4, Demon's Souls, the Hyperdimension Neptunia games, the Atelier series, and the White Knight Chronicles series. All I can say it is the system is far from perfect but so is every system on the market. If you want the best of all worlds you buy all systems. Sad but true.

3DS Friend Code: 4639-8971-0664

NNID: WirelessData

Currently playing: Animal Crossing New Leaf, Pokemon X, and Zelda Wind Waker HD

#9 Mignaga

Mignaga

JOO TAKE MAH EMMERROWDS?!

• Members
  • 1,504 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zero Escape Metroid Madoka

Posted 21 October 2012 - 04:05 PM

I for one love my PS3. There are so many great exclusives for it, that Microsoft wouldn't even to touch. The PS3, has made me a Sony loyal. I will always pick up their new systems from now on.

I agree. That's why I hate sony so much.

You hate Sony so much, because you are a Nintendo fan boy. That is all.

Mig_Sig.png

Be wary, the suck is coming.

#10 Auzzie Wingman

Auzzie Wingman

Mournblade

• Members
  • 4,346 posts
  • NNID:AuzzieWingman
  • Fandom:
    Not enough space here

Posted 21 October 2012 - 04:07 PM

Is this supposed to be a hate thread? Because it's leaving a lot of room for hating. And to no surprise, it's already got some.

Keep it cool, people.

Also, the PS3 has a library of games that are really great. You just have to know what to look for. All Sony really needs to do is really up how they market their systems. They really do bomb in that area, and it's a major one. A lot of people have told me that there are no Vita games that interest them, and I've had plenty of those times where half the games I explained were on the Vita they didn't even know it existed on there, in some cases turning it around.

Edited by Auzzie Wingman, 21 October 2012 - 04:09 PM.

Trophy Cards are classy too! LOLZIGZAGOON

AuzzieWingman.png

#11 00stevo

00stevo

Shy Guy

• Members
  • 30 posts
  • Fandom:
    Resi,Halo,Metroid,Mario

Posted 21 October 2012 - 04:17 PM

No this is certainly not a hate thread.PS1,PS2,DC,GC and Xbox is my favourite time in my gaming life.The first game i played was chuckie egg on an Amstrad CPC-464,and yes,i had a green screen ;)

Im just pointing out some of the mistakes sony have made,and continue to make.

#12 Auzzie Wingman

Auzzie Wingman

Mournblade

• Members
  • 4,346 posts
  • Fandom:
    Not enough space here

Posted 21 October 2012 - 04:22 PM

Well, just to be wary. You are the topic creator. If you feel people are getting out of hand, you can request them to shut up and be appropriate, or you can request a lock.

I don't believe it will come to it, but I would not surprised if a Nintendo Rulez bandwagon appeared.

AuzzieWingman.png

#13 00stevo

00stevo

Shy Guy

• Members
  • 30 posts
  • Fandom:
    Resi,Halo,Metroid,Mario

Posted 21 October 2012 - 04:29 PM

If it comes to that i'll request a lock tbh.Im 29,mature,and could do without noobs and fanboys spamming my threads.

#14 TheUltimateWaddleDee

TheUltimateWaddleDee

That Guy

• Members
  • 2,077 posts
  • NNID:UltimateWaddleD
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, Metal Gear, and WADDLE DEE!

Posted 21 October 2012 - 04:40 PM

Well, if there is one thing Sony did right, it's exclusives. While I don't own one, my friend does. I play his almost all of the time, and I love it. MGS4, 3D Game Dot Heroes, Killzone 3, Infamous, LittleBigPlanet 2, and Uncharted 3 are some of my favorite games this gen. While they screwed up by making it hard to develop for, making it expensive, and the forced game installs, the exclusives make it worth having, and if it wasn't for the Wii U (and my lack of money), I would get the superslim PS3 this christmas.

KtOSpy7.jpg
I will not die until I achieve something. Even though the ordeal is high, I never give in. Therefore, I die with no regrets~Ikaruga Prologue
http://fc05.devianta...ask-d5k49sd.jpg

#15 Robotic Sunshine Commander

Robotic Sunshine Commander

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,350 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 04:48 PM

the ps3 is a great console, I for one shouldve boughten that instead of my 360, because xbox is pretty much known for multiplats . which u can get anywhere else.

Edited by WomboKingKombo, 21 October 2012 - 04:48 PM.

Signature_Fox.png

#16 00stevo

00stevo

Shy Guy

• Members
  • 30 posts
  • Fandom:
    Resi,Halo,Metroid,Mario

Posted 21 October 2012 - 04:54 PM

Yh i agree the exclusives are decent,if a bit over-rated.

Killzone 2 was like trying to control a drunk person with a gun.

Motorstorm......fun for 30mins?

Gran Turismo 5......Just fail all round,which is a pity because i rate GT4 as one of the best racing/driving games ever made.

God of war....Ok ill let them off.

Heavenly sword.....Honestly,this is one of the worst games ever made.

Demons Souls-Great game.

Now for the controversial,i honestly think the uncharted games are pure garbage.The first game was basically a rip-off of tomb raider,with nice colours,and the second game i couldnt even play. Reasons?

-Why does he bob his head around like hes having a fit when you run forward?
-Why is the animation running upstairs/downstairs just like crash bandicoot on PS1?
-Why is it so generic and predictable?
-Am i the only one in the world that can see this is a rubbish game? (particularly uncharted 2)

#17 cannonshane

cannonshane

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 925 posts
  • Fandom:
    Luigi

Posted 21 October 2012 - 05:57 PM

^^^^ Prime example, No offence, but you seem like the type of person who over analysis games instead of just having a laugh and just enjoying them for what they are. Uncharted in my opinion is fun as, no its no realistic, yes weird stuff happens, yes its very sand box. But despite all those things, its still fun to play.

Staff Writer at http://www.allagegaming.com/

Strayaaaaaaaaaa Mate

#18 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 06:10 PM

PS2 was one of my fave consoles, I just didn't care much for the PS3 at all, It never lived up to the PS2's success, ask anyone if they owened a PS2 95% of the time it's a yes, I don't know ANYONE with a PS3, how times change eh?

#19 Auzzie Wingman

Auzzie Wingman

Mournblade

• Members
  • 4,346 posts
  • Fandom:
    Not enough space here

Posted 21 October 2012 - 06:22 PM

I don't know ANYONE with a PS3, how times change eh?

This is a lie.

AuzzieWingman.png

#20 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 06:38 PM

This is a lie.

Honestly 100% serious, everyone I know either has a 360 or has stopped gaming alltogether.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!