Photo

In-store pre-Orders available at Target today!

Target Pre-Order PreOrder

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 kujiro

kujiro

Goomba

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 02:59 PM

Found this today while searching Wii U stuff: http://www.examiner....tore-pre-orders

I went to Target and got my deluxe version pre-ordered! It's a $5 pre-order fee.

Warning: the store I went to and another I called for a friend only got FIVE pre-order cards per system edition, each. Meaning 5 standard / 5 deluxe. And I'm in a big city (Miami), and these are the two busiest Targets. So I would definitely go to Target today if you plan on taking advantage of this. If cards are not on display, ask someone in electronics and they should be in the back (which was my case).

Good luck! :)

#2 Goom

Goom

The Happyman Thief

• Members
  • 930 posts
  • NNID:SpikedGoomba
  • Fandom:
    pingas

Posted 24 October 2012 - 03:03 PM

welcome newest member how is your day today

Posted Image

I am the hero this forum needs, but not the one it deserves.

#3 Tricky Sonic

Tricky Sonic

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,853 posts
  • NNID:Tricky
  • Fandom:
    Sega, Sonic, Warcraft, Final Fantasy

Posted 24 October 2012 - 03:06 PM

Welcome to the forums and thanks for the heads up!
Posted Image
Check out my video game collection blog at http://genesaturn.blogspot.com/
Feel free to add me as a friend on your 3DS and Wii U as well - Friend Code = 1289-9502-7134 / Nintendo ID - Tricky

#4 kujiro

kujiro

Goomba

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 03:11 PM

Hey, thanks. :) My day is great now! And yours? I found the forums through http://wiiublog.com/ , which has been such a great source of information, so I thought I should repay the kindness by giving a heads up. :)

#5 xile6

xile6

Alchemist

• Members
  • 1,532 posts
  • NNID:xile06x

Posted 24 October 2012 - 03:20 PM

And there all sold out lol.............
But i know that is how the stories go.
I got my deluxe from gamestop. They called me and said hey come preorder one. You only gotta put down $25 because your a member. I said cool im coming.
Get there and he said preorders for the deluxe will stop tonight. your the 2 second person to preorder one i only got 6 more left. And sure enough came the next day and they where sold out of 8 deluxe and 26 basic.

Now target is a little late to the game but i am betting the same thing will happen. That is what happen with walmart they sold out as soon as it went online.
youtube ch. http://www.youtube.com/user/xile2010/
xile06 "N" ID
Cod bo2, AC3, Zombiu, NSMB, Pikmin 3, Wind Waker HD, Smash Bro wiiu,
Preorders : ..
Plan to buy : -

#6 YoshiGamer9

YoshiGamer9

Wii U Forums Yoshi

• Members
  • 2,302 posts
  • NNID:YoshiWiiUGamer9
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Zelda, anything fun!

Posted 24 October 2012 - 03:46 PM

Hello I am the yoshi of these forums!

sfOI1m6.jpg

Add me on Wii U if you want to settle it in Smash

#7 Colinx

Colinx

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,301 posts
  • Fandom:
    Animal Crossing & SeaWorld

Posted 24 October 2012 - 05:12 PM

Good good! My local target is pretty obscure so I don't think I will have much problems with the pre-order, I'll probably go tomorrow or soon. I really can't wait any longer.

2lvmghw.png

#8 WiiUgamer

WiiUgamer

Green Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 08:29 PM

I already have a deluxe pre ordered at GameStop. Then while in target I saw a guy putting their pre orders out today. I pre ordered two more just in case. I'll throw a couple on eBay closer to Christmas to pay for more games!!

#9 derk2468

derk2468

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 60 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 09:34 AM

Went today and missed the only day apparently. Damn :/ all good though! I still have a white one preordered at Best buy!!! :D

#10 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 02:23 PM

Welcome to the forums! I live in the UK, I went to my local GAME the dude told me they got 5 ZombiU Bundles at £350 but they only had 3 left, when I left the store they only had 2 left ;)

#11 patchboston

patchboston

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 12:22 PM

Thanks for the heads-up! Went over to a Target today and pre-ordered three deluxe consoles, all of which will be sold for my initial purchase (console, games, etc.).

#12 derk2468

derk2468

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 60 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 04:19 PM

So maybe its worth me checking again if you found one so late?? ^ lol

#13 AJsAWiz

AJsAWiz

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 05:37 PM

Okay, let's see if I have this right. You buy the reservation card for $5. You have 7 days after the release to pick up your Wii U console. You present your reservation card and they give you a $5 gift card which can't be used on the Wii U console purchase.
Now, what happens to the $5 you spent on the reservation card if you choose to not pick up the Wii U console?

#14 xile6

xile6

Alchemist

• Members
  • 1,532 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 09:52 AM

Okay, let's see if I have this right. You buy the reservation card for $5. You have 7 days after the release to pick up your Wii U console. You present your reservation card and they give you a $5 gift card which can't be used on the Wii U console purchase.
Now, what happens to the $5 you spent on the reservation card if you choose to not pick up the Wii U console?

Mahahah money in there pocket.
I heard walmart layaway is the same thing. If you make the payments but then stop they put back all your stuff and charge you a 15% restock fee. So you dont get refunded all your money.

So game here. IF you put $5 down and dont pick it the system. They keep it as a restocking fee.

Either way i dont like preordering from stores like that. I only deal wil gamestop. Plus the own and workers there know me by name lol. So we all get along and its cool. I walk in and my games are already for me with my name on them.
xile06 "N" ID

#15 AJsAWiz

AJsAWiz

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 09:29 AM

Mahahah money in there pocket.
I heard walmart layaway is the same thing. If you make the payments but then stop they put back all your stuff and charge you a 15% restock fee. So you dont get refunded all your money.

So game here. IF you put $5 down and dont pick it the system. They keep it as a restocking fee.

Either way i dont like preordering from stores like that. I only deal wil gamestop. Plus the own and workers there know me by name lol. So we all get along and its cool. I walk in and my games are already for me with my name on them.

Just found out the answer. I returned my $5 reservation card and got my $5 back. As far as Walmart goes . . . on the receipt it clearly states "If you cancel your layaway account: - - The items will be returned to inventory - - Your down payment, payments made, and the layaway open fee of $5.00 will be refunded". So, you can cancel your layaway account, assuming that you just opened it to pre order a Wii U, and get all of your money back.

Pre ordering from GameStop was my preference as well but I missed the pre ordering window before they sold out. So, I did the Walmart and Target thing as back ups. I was put on the wait list at GameStop and just got a call 2 days ago saying I could pick up my Wii U Sunday morning at 8:30 am. That's why I returned my Target reservation card and will close my layaway account at Wally World.

Edited by AJsAWiz, 17 November 2012 - 09:32 AM.

#16 xile6

xile6

Alchemist

• Members
  • 1,532 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 09:36 AM

Just found out the answer. I returned my $5 reservation card and got my $5 back. As far as Walmart goes . . . on the receipt it clearly states "If you cancel your layaway account: - - The items will be returned to inventory - - Your down payment, payments made, and the layaway open fee of $5.00 will be refunded". So, you can cancel your layaway account, assuming that you just opened it to pre order a Wii U, and get all of your money back.

Pre ordering from GameStop was my preference as well but I missed the pre ordering window before they sold out. So, I did the Walmart and Target thing as back ups. I was put on the wait list at GameStop and just got a call 2 days ago saying I could pick up my Wii U Sunday morning at 8:30 am. That's why I returned my Target reservation card and will close my layaway account at Wally World.

Be there , because they dont have many for the waiting list.
xile06 "N" ID

#17 AJsAWiz

AJsAWiz

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 06:03 PM

Be there , because they dont have many for the waiting list.

Okay, thanks :)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Target, Pre-Order, PreOrder

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!