Photo

Whats the one thing that has you a little worried?

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#21 BanjoKazooie

BanjoKazooie

Witch Slayer

• Members
  • 1,258 posts
  • Fandom:
    LOZ, Mario, Elder Scrolls

Posted 25 October 2012 - 02:31 PM

Nothing. This is Nintendo.

yah, and they screwed me over last generation with no good online gaming infrastructure, and it doesn't look as if they have improved much either. I'm Srry for my bashing you, but Nintendo is far from perfect, although I believe they have got most things under control outside of online gaming now. Lets pray for some good online!!

post-1466-0-36015200-1348103349.png

I was once known here as KillerMario, but since I really like Banjo-Kazooie, I changed my display name to show them my respect :)

#22 Joshua

Joshua

The Dovahkiin

• Members
  • 2,334 posts
  • NNID:JoshuaCM
  • Fandom:
    Anything Nintendo, Skyrim and more!

Posted 25 October 2012 - 06:46 PM

AAA third party support in the long-term

Posted Image

Signature by Cerberuz

#23 JaylisJayP

JaylisJayP

Spiny

• Members
  • 243 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 07:11 PM

The one thing that has me worried is whether I'll actually click with the Gamepad or will I force myself to use it the first month, then completely abandon it and force myself to find a Pro Controller to play and continue to justify my purchase of the system.

#24 backudog

backudog

Spiny

• Members
  • 243 posts
  • NNID:backudog

Posted 25 October 2012 - 08:02 PM

AAA third party support in the long-term

i agree, thats my main worry, once ps4 and 720 are released, and assuming they are the power houses they are supposed to be, will third party support dry up?
I hear voices in my head all the time, telling me what to do. But I just ignore them and carry on killing.

#25 scotty79

scotty79

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 295 posts
  • Fandom:
    bf3,cod and timesplitters 2!

Posted 26 October 2012 - 08:38 AM

The thread about there only being 25k consoles in uk for launch?!No more seriously probably the thing that worries me most is that I wont grow to like the console like with the wii (still in attic).However the signs are there that things have changed for the better.
Posted Image

#26 Soul

Soul

TYBG

• Members
  • 3,660 posts
  • Fandom:
    I ENJOY HIP HOP BEATS

Posted 26 October 2012 - 01:32 PM

Power and 3rd party support too.

#27 angelo07stang

angelo07stang

Boo

• Members
  • 521 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Zelda, Metroid, mariokart

Posted 26 October 2012 - 01:46 PM

The only thing that scares me is that there will be less wii u coming to the us the same as the uk and a lot of people that preorderd on day 1 dont get a wii u
Posted Image

#28 Auzzie Wingman

Auzzie Wingman

Mournblade

• Members
  • 4,346 posts
  • NNID:AuzzieWingman
  • Fandom:
    Not enough space here

Posted 26 October 2012 - 02:02 PM

Just the usual things:

Sales: Taking this more on the initial level as opposed to long term. Consoles are built to last quite a number of years. Technology advances at a rather astonishing rate nowadays, so my worry is how fast it will be for the Wii U to become redundant to a bazillion other things in the market. Wii U definitely doesn't have that kick that the Wii did, generally because of motion control not really landing a surface. Tablet gaming already exists, so that means the Wii U's main kick is little damp. So they need to sell well early on and keep the interest peaked for gamers and casuals alike. We'd probably not want the 3DS happening again. <Insert Reggie's Slow Start pokemon reference here>

Games: A lot of games look absolutely stunning on the Wii U, but you can guarantee that developers are gonna lose whatever focus they have on it now, later down the track. It's own uniqueness will slowly fade in terms of how you play multiplat games, and in turn play host to a myriad of them. I mean, sure, more games, but I just don't want developers to lose their allure to making Wii U specific versions of those games.

Online: We're about a month from launch and nothing. Nintendo might be carrying a mentality of "You can find everything out for yourself", but after their previous console, just no. Dish the details damnit. You can't afford to surprise the public with something par, and expect to call it a social gaming revolution.

Trophy Cards are classy too! LOLZIGZAGOON

AuzzieWingman.png

#29 Guy Fieri

Guy Fieri

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,417 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 02:24 PM

Not really worried about anything. Though it's more of a community thing, but I'm worried that there will be one problem with the Wii U. Then all the opposing fanboys will nitpick it and mock us again. It just angers me that ignorant fanboys always nitpick and make fun of the fanbase ( may I remind you they do this over a video game that they think is " kiddy".). It just annoys and angers me.

#30 Desert Punk

Desert Punk

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 656 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 12:52 PM

I have to admit the cpu power worries me a little bit if the developer leaks are true that its underpowered in this regard. I realise the gpu can assist the cpu in the wii u but I would have liked the cpu to be at least as powerful as 360/PS3 as a bare minimum on its own without relying on gpu support. That said the super nintendo was a truly terrific console for its day and much better than megadrive and had far less cpu power. I think for the majority of games it won't matter and for multi-console owners like myself they will just buy the games that are best or exclusive to wii u.

#31 FreakAlchemist

FreakAlchemist

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 93 posts
  • Fandom:
    Link Samus MegaMan KidBuu Vegeta

Posted 27 October 2012 - 02:31 PM

I have to admit the cpu power worries me a little bit if the developer leaks are true that its underpowered in this regard. I realise the gpu can assist the cpu in the wii u but I would have liked the cpu to be at least as powerful as 360/PS3 as a bare minimum on its own without relying on gpu support. That said the super nintendo was a truly terrific console for its day and much better than megadrive and had far less cpu power. I think for the majority of games it won't matter and for multi-console owners like myself they will just buy the games that are best or exclusive to wii u.

What if it is the next Snes?
Have only a little cpu power and overwhelmingly powerful in everything else.
That's what i have been thinking/hoping for all this time.
Posted Image

3DS Friend code: 0602-6262-8935

just pm me if you want to friend me

#32 The Lonely Koopa

The Lonely Koopa

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 617 posts
  • Fandom:
    Reggie's Body, Nintendo being doomed

Posted 27 October 2012 - 02:50 PM

What if it is the next Snes?
Have only a little cpu power and overwhelmingly powerful in everything else.
That's what i have been thinking/hoping for all this time.

I'm not sure its possible to have a next Snes since games are much more complicated now days and CPU is more important not to mention the fact the super NES due to it weaker CPU in lots of game suffered FPS issues.

#33 Desert Punk

Desert Punk

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 656 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 01:59 AM

I'm not sure its possible to have a next Snes since games are much more complicated now days and CPU is more important not to mention the fact the super NES due to it weaker CPU in lots of game suffered FPS issues.

I personally think the cpu power of the ps3 and 360 were fantastically impressive for the time they were released, if anything more powerful than many were expecting. I think the ps3 design made the mistake of concentrating on the cpu more than the gpu. Lets say the wii u cpu performance was only 70% of that of the 360 as a worst case scenerio (I hope) you still have the gpu that can offer assistance for physics and other features that might take it over 100% cpu performance in comparison but the only issue is developers will have to learn how to use the features of the gpu that assist the cpu. The wii u still offers a far better gpu, much more memory, far larger optical discs than 360 and no doubt other benefits of using more up to date technology like memory bandwidth etc. You also have to factor in that even if the cpu is just a triple core version of the wii cpu running at 2-3x that of the wii with some enhancements that is still approaching 10x wii cpu performance just for the cpu and then you factor in gpu assistance it might take it up to 15x.

The only thing that annoys me is that if the wii u cpu had simply been a bit more powerful than 360/ps3 it would have meant cheap conversions at least from 360 of cpu intensive games which would have meant they were more likely. I would have loved to have seen Skyrim or Fallout 3 converted but its possible they will only put the effort in now if the wii u is a huge success.

I'm playing skyrim at the moment and would love to start playing it again sometime in the future on wii u. It's such an amazing game that I've already put 150+hrs into.

#34 TheUltimateWaddleDee

TheUltimateWaddleDee

That Guy

• Members
  • 2,077 posts
  • NNID:UltimateWaddleD
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, Metal Gear, and WADDLE DEE!

Posted 06 November 2012 - 10:48 AM

I'm concerned with trying to find a deluxe set with the digital deluxe promotion after launch.

KtOSpy7.jpg
I will not die until I achieve something. Even though the ordeal is high, I never give in. Therefore, I die with no regrets~Ikaruga Prologue
http://fc05.devianta...ask-d5k49sd.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!