#1 SparktehFox

SparktehFox

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 75 posts
  • Fandom:
    One Piece, Splatterhouse, Sonic

Posted 26 June 2011 - 12:59 AM

Miyamoto - Nintendo's not looking to be #1 in online gaming, looking to offer safe /important online for Wii U, possibly view what friends are playing
Posted Image

#2 CUD

CUD

Super Saiyan Dingus

• Members
  • 1,337 posts
  • NNID:CUDesu
  • Fandom:
    Gaben

Posted 26 June 2011 - 01:45 AM

Disappointing. Nintendo's goal should be to become the number one online gaming company.

This statement is false. The previous statement is true.

RIP in peace Nintendo.

cCIImXL.png

#3 abbe

abbe

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 94 posts

Posted 26 June 2011 - 02:10 AM

well, from what i understand, he didnt say that dont want to become number 1 in online, he said that it wasnt their GOAL. that doesnt mean that they cant be numero uno.

#4 Mukkinese

Mukkinese

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 100 posts

Posted 26 June 2011 - 03:39 AM

I think too much is being made of this. Miyamoto is just trying to be honest, I'm sure Nintendo will bring huge improvements to their online services, but think of the investment needed to completely overhaul those services. Promising something better than is available would only guarantee disappointment for some. No doubt they will give their rivals a run for their money.

#5 SHADOW

SHADOW

Green Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 26 June 2011 - 03:45 AM

it isn't really a surprise, nintendo dosen't really focus that much on online games
Posted Image

#6 AMAC

AMAC

Pegasus

• Members
  • 1,055 posts
  • Fandom:
    Yoshi, Ponies, Mario, Professor Layton

Posted 26 June 2011 - 03:54 AM

It sounds like the sort of thing you'd expect Nintendo to say. Online gaming has never been their priority. Hopefully the Wii U will have good online gaming, even if it isn't as good as the Playstation or Xbox's. Being able to see what your friends are playing seems likely to me; The 3DS has that feature, so I don't see why the Wii U shouldn't.

#7 Jabob

Jabob

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 269 posts

Posted 26 June 2011 - 04:53 AM

No surprise, but this doesn't bother me. I do want a good online experience, but I don't want anything super fancy. Just something that get's the job done. Because I don't want the price to go up to support something I only sometimes use.

#8 HermantoWang

HermantoWang

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 26 June 2011 - 05:31 AM

Friend code is allready die, i hope the multiplayer online as good as xboxlive.

#9 Tony Bradshaw

Tony Bradshaw

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 86 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 26 June 2011 - 05:58 AM

Damn... was looking forward to a revolutionary online system, i guess i'm going to have to wait...

Posted Image
For all the latest Wii U News: http://wiiuupdates.com/

#10 Dementis

Dementis

Blooper

• Members
  • 152 posts
  • Fandom:
    Metroid

Posted 26 June 2011 - 06:55 AM

OH NOES I REALLY WANTED NINTENDO TO HAVE THE BEST ONLINE SYSTEM EVEN MORE BETTER THAN STEAM!!!!11!!1!11!!1

Btw, best is a matter of opinion, so if it suits my needs, which I'm confident it will, it will be the best anyway.

Edited by Dementis, 26 June 2011 - 06:56 AM.

#11 Bunny

Bunny

20% Cooler

• Members
  • 98 posts
  • NNID:Skybunny

Posted 26 June 2011 - 07:02 AM

That's a bit disappointing. But really all they need to do is forget about friend codes, add a nice message and join-a-friend system to the Wii U's friends list page (and on the 3DS, that would be nice too).

And to make an online experience for Super Smash Bros. less laggy. :D

#12 Randomite

Randomite

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 93 posts

Posted 26 June 2011 - 09:53 AM

I am not really bothered by Nintendo not aiming to make their console number one online. Sure it would be nice to have something competetive, but I have always maintained that the single player experience is far more important than a multi player experience.

#13 Caius Casshern Sins

Caius Casshern Sins

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,263 posts
  • Fandom:
    Yu-Gi-Oh, Pokemon, Megaman, more.

Posted 26 June 2011 - 10:26 AM

As long as the online is improved and gets the job done, than i will be pleased.
Posted Image
Co-Leader of the A.D.P.F
Lose yourself in battle, and rejoice
After War there is Death ~ Goddess Palutena, victory is ours
Yeah, you've done a great job so far, letting the Metal Heads destroy the palace.

#14 SparktehFox

SparktehFox

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 75 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 26 June 2011 - 01:39 PM

Miyamoto - Nintendo's not looking to be #1 in online gaming, looking to offer safe /important online for Wii U, possibly view what friends are playing

In no way does this bother me or should it really bother you, I just thought I'd share this article. And one last thing, Steam is 100x greater than XBox Live.
Posted Image

#15 Tre

Tre

Blooper

• Members
  • 165 posts

Posted 26 June 2011 - 04:20 PM

Even if Nintendo goal was to be number one doesn't mean it will happen. Consumers make that decision and Nintendo knows that. They just want people to know that online is important to them. The goal is making sure all gamers have something they enjoy. I think when Nintendo speaks it is analyzed too much. It is Nintendo tho. So every gamer will pay attention whether it is a good thing or bad thing.

#16 lite3

lite3

Goomba

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 26 June 2011 - 09:57 PM

Nintendo really does need a good online system. Not necessary for them but the third parties themselves. I've only played on wi-fi connection so I don't know what the others are like but lets hope the Wii u online tops PSN and Xbox live.

#17 Biohazard

Biohazard

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 107 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Zelda, Gears of War, Killzone

Posted 26 June 2011 - 10:19 PM

I think Miyomoto should've worded it better or not say it at all. One of their main plans with the Wii U is to bring "hardcore gamers" back into the fold, yet this, along with Miyamoto's statement about the console's power not being "dramatically better," doesn't really send a good message to them. It will leave them either confused or disappointed. Of course, we all know Nintendo will never provide an online service as good or better than Xbox Live or Steam on day one. They will do something to improve their online infrastructure though. At the same time, this statement will come across as apathetic to a lot of gamers.

#18 mudkipz ★

mudkipz ★

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 121 posts
  • NNID:MudkipSoda
  • Fandom:
    Donkey Kong Country

Posted 26 June 2011 - 11:38 PM

I'm not bothered by this. As long as I can play Mario Kart Wii U online with my friends and randoms, I'll be happy.

Posted Image

#19 Keviin

Keviin

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,270 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Metroid, Resident Evil

Posted 27 June 2011 - 02:02 AM

Online is the future, if they'd make it a selling point just like the controller, I think it will sell better. But to behonest, I'd be fine with a touchscreen'd version of PSN and XLive.
No sig.

#20 SparktehFox

SparktehFox

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 75 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 27 June 2011 - 08:36 AM

Couch Multiplayer is 10000000000000000000000000000000000000000000X BETTER than ONLINE!!!!!

Edited by SparktehFox, 27 June 2011 - 08:39 AM.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!