• This topic is locked This topic is locked
52 replies to this topic

#1 StreetPassWanter

StreetPassWanter

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,517 posts

Posted 26 June 2011 - 07:25 AM

Due to a sudden life situation, I am going to go ahead and stop the nomination right now. No, that does not mean this Showdown is over. It just means this will see a Round 1 early.

These games are now participating (not seeding order):

1. Super Mario Galaxy 2
2. Super Smash Bros. Brawl
3. Mario Kart Wii
4. New Super Mario Bros. Wii
5. Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
6. Metroid Prime Trilogy
7. Super Mario Galaxy
8. Monster Hunter Tri
9. Okami
10. Donkey Kong Country Returns
11. Metroid: Other M
12. Animal Crossing: City Folk/Let's Go to the City
13. Tatsunoko VS Capcom: Ultimate All-Stars
14. Punch-Out!!
15. Resident Evil 4: Wii Edition
16. Tiger Woods PGA Tour 10
(I really wanted Kirby's Epic Yarn here. Trust me.)

Edited by StreetPassWanter, 21 July 2011 - 09:42 AM.

Posted Image

^CLICK RIGHT NOW TO FACE PURE AWESOMENESS (MAYBE)
@SSB4News <- Pure awesomeness is now on Twitter!

#2 The Lonely Koopa

The Lonely Koopa

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 617 posts
  • Fandom:
    Reggie's Body, Nintendo being doomed

Posted 26 June 2011 - 10:19 AM

1.Metroid Prime Trilogy
2.Monster Hunter 3 tri
3.Super Mario Galaxy

#3 Fig

Fig

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 418 posts
  • Fandom:
    Miyamoto franchises

Posted 26 June 2011 - 11:12 AM

1. Super Mario Galaxy 2
2. Super Smash Bros. Brawl
3. Mario Kart: Wii

Honorable mention to Twilight Princess and Galaxy 1.

#4 Philip Draco

Philip Draco

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 26 June 2011 - 11:30 AM

1) Little Kings Story
2)Zack and Wiki, Quest For Barbaros Treasure
3) Red Steel Two

All fun. All overlooked. :(
Mario's will get nominated consitantly. :)

Edited by Philip Draco, 26 June 2011 - 11:31 AM.

I know a lobster that's stronger then you.

No biggie, he's stronger then me to. :D

Posted Image

#5 Feld0

Feld0

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,002 posts

Posted 26 June 2011 - 03:02 PM

Here are mine:

Super Mario Galaxy 2, because it's a fabulous original effort with excellent production values, unlike the money-making machine that NSMBW was (that was good in its own right, but it wasn't anything spectacular). Let's also not forget that they got Yoshi right this time (setting aside the fact that you only see him in about 10% of the game).

Boom Blox: Bash Party, because it's one of those rare third-party games that was built with love and care from the ground up specifically for the Wii. The motion controls work perfectly, there's loads of content to go around, a level editor and online level sharing, and awesome multiplayer. The game simply wouldn't work on any other system (well, other than the Wii U :)).

Okami. Yes, it's a port of a PS2 game, but it came out so close to the end of the sixth generation of consoles that 90% of people experienced it for the first time on the Wii. The port was also anything but lazy - the Celestial Brush is a perfect fit for the Wii Remote, and the graphics have been stepped up nicely from the original. The game is also huge, challenging, and very, very fun to play.

#6 Bill Cipher

Bill Cipher

IT WAS ME BARRY!

• Members
  • 1,086 posts
  • NNID:LordOfGrapeJuice
  • Fandom:
    RPGs

Posted 26 June 2011 - 03:52 PM

Here are mine:

Super Mario Galaxy 2, because it's a fabulous original effort with excellent production values, unlike the money-making machine that NSMBW was (that was good in its own right, but it wasn't anything spectacular). Let's also not forget that they got Yoshi right this time (setting aside the fact that you only see him in about 10% of the game).

Boom Blox: Bash Party, because it's one of those rare third-party games that was built with love and care from the ground up specifically for the Wii. The motion controls work perfectly, there's loads of content to go around, a level editor and online level sharing, and awesome multiplayer. The game simply wouldn't work on any other system (well, other than the Wii U :)).

Okami. Yes, it's a port of a PS2 game, but it came out so close to the end of the sixth generation of consoles that 90% of people experienced it for the first time on the Wii. The port was also anything but lazy - the Celestial Brush is a perfect fit for the Wii Remote, and the graphics have been stepped up nicely from the original. The game is also huge, challenging, and very, very fun to play.

I agree with Feld0 for #1 an d #3 but my #2 would be Metroid Prime Trilogy
The game was a masterpiece, combining all 3 3D metroids into one package. The games were great on their own, but together, I think you rarely find a better wii collection.
Also, it's nice to see some love for Okami, even though I prefer the Sequels CB much better

Games that refuse to use Gameplay effectively to do anything are like films that refuse to use cinematography in film to do anything.

NNID: Lord of Grape Juice /PSN: Nderbert/Steam: Harmonius EX

Games/Animation/Film/Comics/Literature/Fantasy/Sci-fi.

#7 nintendofreak247

nintendofreak247

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 109 posts
  • Fandom:
    Super Mario Bros.

Posted 26 June 2011 - 06:37 PM

1. Super Smash Bros. Brawl
2. Super Mario Galaxy 2
3. Donkey Kong Country Returns
Posted Image

#8 StreetPassWanter

StreetPassWanter

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,517 posts

Posted 26 June 2011 - 09:19 PM

1. Super Smash Bros. Brawl
2. Super Mario Galaxy 2
3. Donkey Kong Country Returns

I'm sorry for the hassle, but can you change Super Mario Galaxy 2 with another game?
Posted Image

#9 mudkipz ★

mudkipz ★

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 121 posts
  • NNID:MudkipSoda
  • Fandom:
    Donkey Kong Country

Posted 26 June 2011 - 11:47 PM

1. Mario Kart Wii
2. Donkey Kong Country Returns
3. New Super Mario Bros. Wii

Posted Image

#10 Elric

Elric

The Golden Wizard

• Section Mods
  • 1,599 posts
  • Fandom:
    John mayer, Umineko

Posted 27 June 2011 - 06:59 AM

The legend of zelda twilight princess

OkamiSignature_zps2bbbe0da.png

fox.gif

#11 AMAC

AMAC

Pegasus

• Members
  • 1,055 posts
  • Fandom:
    Yoshi, Ponies, Mario, Professor Layton

Posted 27 June 2011 - 07:48 AM

1)Formula 1 2009
2)Wii Sports Resort
3)Boom Blox

#12 StreetPassWanter

StreetPassWanter

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,517 posts

Posted 27 June 2011 - 02:49 PM

1)Formula 1 2009
2)Wii Sports Resort
3)Boom Blox

I'm asuming Boom Blox is Boom Blox: Bash Party. Is that correct?
Posted Image

#13 Philip Draco

Philip Draco

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 27 June 2011 - 06:31 PM

There's two versions of boom bloxs, one just titled "Boom Blox", and the other one labeled "Boom Blox: Bash Party".

I'm not sure which one he means. One has protecting trick or treating kittens from zombies, and the other has Pirates "Digging" with cannonballs.

I know a lobster that's stronger then you.

No biggie, he's stronger then me to. :D

Posted Image

#14 StreetPassWanter

StreetPassWanter

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,517 posts

Posted 28 June 2011 - 06:58 AM

There's two versions of boom bloxs, one just titled "Boom Blox", and the other one labeled "Boom Blox: Bash Party".

I'm not sure which one he means. One has protecting trick or treating kittens from zombies, and the other has Pirates "Digging" with cannonballs.

I didn't know there was two. I've never played Boom Blox. I dismissed it as a silly puzzle game and played a bit more Zelda. Plus, I didn't hae enough money to try out games that didn't look promising. So yeah...
Posted Image

#15 AMAC

AMAC

Pegasus

• Members
  • 1,055 posts
  • Fandom:
    Yoshi, Ponies, Mario, Professor Layton

Posted 28 June 2011 - 07:06 AM

I didn't know there was two. I've never played Boom Blox. I dismissed it as a silly puzzle game and played a bit more Zelda. Plus, I didn't hae enough money to try out games that didn't look promising. So yeah...

I meant Boom Blox, the first one of the two games. It's a good game in my opinion. I'd recommend picking it up if you see a pre-owned version anywhere.

#16 Feld0

Feld0

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,002 posts

Posted 28 June 2011 - 09:45 AM

Boom Blox: Bash Party is the sequel to Boom Blox. They're both awesome, but Bash Party is better because it has a whole lot more content and features than the original.

You're making a huge mistake by skipping Boom Blox, IMHO. I know it really does look a lot like a piece of shovelware by the boxart, but the golden rule is that you should never judge a book (or a game) by its cover. It's a really original and polished design that's tailor-made for the Wii's motion controls. Even though it's by EA, I'd put the quality of the game right up there with some of Nintendo's own.

But I would suggest that you try and get Bash Party instead of the original if you can. It's pretty much the same game, but it has about three times as many levels on the disc and an online repository with thousands more.

#17 StreetPassWanter

StreetPassWanter

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,517 posts

Posted 29 June 2011 - 06:32 AM

I meant Boom Blox, the first one of the two games. It's a good game in my opinion. I'd recommend picking it up if you see a pre-owned version anywhere.

Thanks for telling me.

You're making a huge mistake by skipping Boom Blox, IMHO. I know it really does look a lot like a piece of shovelware by the boxart, but the golden rule is that you should never judge a book (or a game) by its cover. It's a really original and polished design that's tailor-made for the Wii's motion controls. Even though it's by EA, I'd put the quality of the game right up there with some of Nintendo's own.

But I would suggest that you try and get Bash Party instead of the original if you can. It's pretty much the same game, but it has about three times as many levels on the disc and an online repository with thousands more.

Wow. That was a pretty good review. But I didn't judge it by it's cover. I judged it by it's genre. You see, I'm not a big puzzle fan. I'm a more of a Poke-Smash-Zelda fan. Wait... why are all just talking about Boom Blox again?

Edited by StreetPassWanter, 29 June 2011 - 06:34 AM.

Posted Image

#18 nintendofreak247

nintendofreak247

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 109 posts
  • Fandom:
    Super Mario Bros.

Posted 29 June 2011 - 08:52 PM

I'm sorry for the hassle, but can you change Super Mario Galaxy 2 with another game?

Oh sorry, I forgot to read the rules...

1) Super Mario Galaxy
2) Donkey Kong Country Returns
3) Metroid: Other M
Posted Image

#19 StreetPassWanter

StreetPassWanter

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,517 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 12:08 PM

Oh sorry, I forgot to read the rules...

1) Super Mario Galaxy
2) Donkey Kong Country Returns
3) Metroid: Other M

Actually, I updated the rules. Everytime a game gets nominated, I update it so that you can't nominate a game that's already nominated.
Posted Image

#20 Happy Monk

Happy Monk

Boo

• Members
  • 528 posts
  • NNID:Happy_Monk
  • Fandom:
    Kirby + Dragonball mostly.

Posted 04 July 2011 - 04:44 AM

1. Kirby's Epic Yarn
2. Sonic Colours
3. Pro Evolution Soccer 2009

Man, it was really hard to pick 3...
Especially since I can't choose SSBB, SMG2 or MKW...
Bring the noise.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!