#1 MrBojangles

MrBojangles

Goomba

• Members
  • 5 posts
  • Fandom:
    Assassin's Creed, Smash Bros

Posted 27 October 2012 - 09:05 PM

So I have my WiiU preordered and Im excited...but correct me if I am wrong about my following concerns:

-The new pro controllers will not work with older VC games? I cant play 4 player wireless mario kart 64 or smash bros etc.. with the pro controllers ill need to hook up 4 classic controllers to wiimotes for wireless play?
-What about with regular wii games, Brawl, itll work with the pro controllers right, because i know my wavebirds are now obselete.

-Next...Although im upset VC games cannot be played on the wiiu gamepad, can I atleast play regular wii games on it? Can i play brawl, mario all stars, goldeneye (games that use the classic controllers)? Maybe even games that dont use the classic controller like galaxy...?

I was really hoping to make my life more convenient with a boatload of vc games from all my old systems on my wiiu hard drive, with the ability to play them on my wiiu with pro controllers and the gamepad....its too bad.

Please confirm my concerns are correct! thanks everyone.
------
Bring HD Mega Man to the WiiU!

#2 Oblivion165

Oblivion165

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 60 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 09:52 PM

The Wii U Pro Controller only works on Wii U games that support it. You will have to use the vc games the same way you always have.

The Wii U can play virtually all Wii games and yes it can use the classic controllers and all other first party controllers like the balance board etc.

#3 SPG

SPG

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 657 posts
  • NNID:Pyroblock
  • Fandom:
    all things Nintendo and PC

Posted 27 October 2012 - 10:06 PM

You will have to use the vc games the same way you always have.

LIES! you cant use a gamecube controller D : its like the only reason why i want to keep my wii is because of it

wa3Nq7j.png

#4 CUD

CUD

Super Saiyan Dingus

• Members
  • 1,337 posts
  • NNID:CUDesu
  • Fandom:
    Gaben

Posted 27 October 2012 - 10:06 PM

The Wii U Pro Controller only works on Wii U games that support it. You will have to use the vc games the same way you always have.

The Wii U can play virtually all Wii games and yes it can use the classic controllers and all other first party controllers like the balance board etc.

The should make VC games compatible with the pro controller, I don't see why they wouldn't.

The OP is talking about the new Wii U Pro Controllers not the classic controllers, has it been confirmed that the pro controllers work with VC games?

This statement is false. The previous statement is true.

RIP in peace Nintendo.

cCIImXL.png

#5 backudog

backudog

Spiny

• Members
  • 243 posts
  • NNID:backudog

Posted 27 October 2012 - 10:08 PM

Oblivion165
"The Wii U Pro Controller only works on Wii U games that support it. You will have to use the vc games the same way you always have.

The Wii U can play virtually all Wii games and yes it can use the classic controllers and all other first party controllers like the balance board etc."

good to know, saw a couple of classic controllers for wii going cheap in C.E.X. yesterday, might go back today and get them.

Edited by backudog, 27 October 2012 - 10:09 PM.

I hear voices in my head all the time, telling me what to do. But I just ignore them and carry on killing.

#6 Oblivion165

Oblivion165

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 60 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 11:07 PM

The should make VC games compatible with the pro controller, I don't see why they wouldn't.

It creates too many problems to go back and allow the new controller.

For instance: All of the titles on the VC were restructured to use that controller and all the supported controllers made at that time. Adding a new controller would force nintendo to update every single title on the VC to understand that new input and everyone would be required to manually re-download each and every one.

There would also be massive complaints from people that would like titles that originally supported rumble to use the new controllers rumble feature. (Code that could of easily been remove to save space and would have to be rewritten) Nintendo has opted to not do any of these things and just not support the controller to save them a lot of effort.

Oblivion165
"The Wii U Pro Controller only works on Wii U games that support it. You will have to use the vc games the same way you always have.

The Wii U can play virtually all Wii games and yes it can use the classic controllers and all other first party controllers like the balance board etc."

good to know, saw a couple of classic controllers for wii going cheap in C.E.X. yesterday, might go back today and get them.

Yup if you go under the tech specs on the official nintendo site: http://www.nintendo....res/tech-specs/
It states:

Other Controllers
The Wii U console is capable of supporting two Wii U GamePad controllers, up to four Wii Remote™ (or Wii Remote™ Plus) controllers or Wii U™ Pro Controllers, and Wii™ accessories such as the Nunchuk™, Classic Controller™ and Wii Balance Board™.

Which according to this article is all the released first party controllers nintendo ever made: http://en.wikipedia....wiki/Wii_Remote

Edited by Oblivion165, 27 October 2012 - 11:20 PM.

#7 Guest_TRON_*

Guest_TRON_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 October 2012 - 11:46 PM

not a graphics whore but i love to see good tech put to use. i think if Wii U had a launch game shown that sported visuals like the japanese bird demo or HD zelda demo it woould get more people excited. the truth is we haven't seen anything that is beyond the realm of what the ps3 and 360 can do. now there is a rumor that Bayonetta 2 will be arriving in launch period(sometime in march) and some guy on twitter said he saw the game and its jaw dropping. but make no mistake nintendo needs to quickly show off a game that reveals what this system can do from a graphical standpoint.

#8 Gamejunkie

Gamejunkie

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 02:09 AM

So I have my WiiU preordered and Im excited...but correct me if I am wrong about my following concerns:

-The new pro controllers will not work with older VC games? I cant play 4 player wireless mario kart 64 or smash bros etc.. with the pro controllers ill need to hook up 4 classic controllers to wiimotes for wireless play?
-What about with regular wii games, Brawl, itll work with the pro controllers right, because i know my wavebirds are now obselete.

-Next...Although im upset VC games cannot be played on the wiiu gamepad, can I atleast play regular wii games on it? Can i play brawl, mario all stars, goldeneye (games that use the classic controllers)? Maybe even games that dont use the classic controller like galaxy...?

I was really hoping to make my life more convenient with a boatload of vc games from all my old systems on my wiiu hard drive, with the ability to play them on my wiiu with pro controllers and the gamepad....its too bad.

Please confirm my concerns are correct! thanks everyone.

It's unlikely Wii games will be able to be played on the Gamepad as they would have to be updated to do so and that isn't going to happen. Even with Wii U games only some will support game play on the Gamepad itself.

#9 Hank Hill

Hank Hill

Propaniac

• Moderators
  • 2,203 posts
  • NNID:GameCollector
  • Fandom:
    Professor Layton, inFAMOUS

Posted 28 October 2012 - 05:08 AM

You know, I share at least one of your concerns. That concern being that I'd like to at least be able to play Xenoblade and The Last Story solely on the GamePad. It'd make playing through a console RPG easier, so other people could use the TV.

Of course, before I actually start worrying about that, I should probably BUY Xenoblade and The Last Story first. :P

GameZombie44.png

The post above was certified to be simply smashing by the Wii U Forum Staff.

http://www.ebay.com/...mecollector1982

#10 Crackkat

Crackkat

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,266 posts
  • Fandom:
    zelda mainly, most nintendo stuff too

Posted 28 October 2012 - 05:22 AM

I don't think most of this stuff has been confirmed yet. I wouldn't worry until Nintendo officially reveals the details because I think up until now it's all speculation. You never know, all your worries might not be resolved, I would just wait until the next nintendo direct or some other form of official confirmation.
Posted Image

#11 Tricky Sonic

Tricky Sonic

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,853 posts
  • NNID:Tricky
  • Fandom:
    Sega, Sonic, Warcraft, Final Fantasy

Posted 28 October 2012 - 05:35 AM

I was under the assumption the pro controllers only don't work with Wii games...I don't remember them specifically saying not with VC games.
Posted Image
Check out my video game collection blog at http://genesaturn.blogspot.com/
Feel free to add me as a friend on your 3DS and Wii U as well - Friend Code = 1289-9502-7134 / Nintendo ID - Tricky

#12 xile6

xile6

Alchemist

• Members
  • 1,532 posts
  • NNID:xile06x

Posted 28 October 2012 - 08:00 AM

It creates too many problems to go back and allow the new controller.

For instance: All of the titles on the VC were restructured to use that controller and all the supported controllers made at that time. Adding a new controller would force nintendo to update every single title on the VC to understand that new input and everyone would be required to manually re-download each and every one.

There would also be massive complaints from people that would like titles that originally supported rumble to use the new controllers rumble feature. (Code that could of easily been remove to save space and would have to be rewritten) Nintendo has opted to not do any of these things and just not support the controller to save them a lot of effort.

Yup if you go under the tech specs on the official nintendo site: http://www.nintendo....res/tech-specs/
It states:

Other Controllers
The Wii U console is capable of supporting two Wii U GamePad controllers, up to four Wii Remote™ (or Wii Remote™ Plus) controllers or Wii U™ Pro Controllers, and Wii™ accessories such as the Nunchuk™, Classic Controller™ and Wii Balance Board™.

Which according to this article is all the released first party controllers nintendo ever made: http://en.wikipedia....wiki/Wii_Remote

Best answer!
Just as you said. I am pretty sure tho that the new vc games release will be about to use the game pad and pro controllers. It will be up to the game devs but i dont see a problem with it for new games.
youtube ch. http://www.youtube.com/user/xile2010/
xile06 "N" ID
Cod bo2, AC3, Zombiu, NSMB, Pikmin 3, Wind Waker HD, Smash Bro wiiu,
Preorders : ..
Plan to buy : -

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!