Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 621 posts
  • Fandom:
    Dexter, Walking Dead

Posted 29 October 2012 - 06:45 AM

POPULAR

Maybe its a bit long but its worth reading:

Let me first explain how software publishers in the video game industry are seeing the Wii U system. Naturally there are publishers that simply fell in love with the possibilities of Wii U, and as exemplified in “ZombiU” by Ubisoft, some are developing Wii U-exclusive titles. In addition to this, there are multi-platform titles that nevertheless take advantage of the Wii U GamePad or the Wii U system itself, and at the same time, there are purely multi-platform titles, so it is true that our publishers have varying degrees of commitment. However, the fact that we were able to announce such a rich launch lineup of games, particularly from overseas software publishers, does give us confidence. While the future of dedicated gaming platforms is now widely discussed, as the graphs for the U.S. market justify, I believe that this lineup proves that Nintendo’s vision is shared by many, and there is active support for that too. My aim is to set a successful example towards and after the end of the year that rewards the investment our third-party publishers put into their titles and will then create a chain of other successful titles. Establishing this kind of example at an early stage is crucial since it gives others the incentive to follow suit, while failing to do so casts a dark shadow over their future prospects of the platform. We should therefore not be content with having a good game lineup. It is important to produce examples of success from these titles.

http://www.nintendo....25qa/index.html

Edited by Stormage09, 29 October 2012 - 06:45 AM.

Posted Image

#2 Crackkat

Crackkat

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,266 posts
  • Fandom:
    zelda mainly, most nintendo stuff too

Posted 29 October 2012 - 07:23 AM

Iwata nails it on the head, these titles now need to sell well. I'm counting on Zombi U, Assassin's Creed 3 and Black Ops 2 to show the Wii U install base will have gamers who want full third party support
Posted Image

#3 jono

jono

Boo

• Members
  • 552 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 07:58 AM

"In addition to these different types of third party support, we have EA, who's porting year-old version of yearly franchises to out console with little to no changes.'

#4 Robotic Sunshine Commander

Robotic Sunshine Commander

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,350 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 08:02 AM

Iwata nails it on the head, these titles now need to sell well. I'm counting on Zombi U, Assassin's Creed 3 and Black Ops 2 to show the Wii U install base will have gamers who want full third party support

People are very hyped for these games i agree! Btw Ninja Gaiden 3 Razors Edge is looking very promising too! It's more popular than a lot of people think.

Signature_Fox.png

#5 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 29 October 2012 - 08:18 AM

Poor Iwata. :(
He's expecting third parties to change...

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#6 xile6

xile6

Alchemist

• Members
  • 1,532 posts
  • NNID:xile06x

Posted 29 October 2012 - 08:19 AM

Thats what we need. 3rd party will make or break the system for ges.
1st party can only go so far.
youtube ch. http://www.youtube.com/user/xile2010/
xile06 "N" ID
Cod bo2, AC3, Zombiu, NSMB, Pikmin 3, Wind Waker HD, Smash Bro wiiu,
Preorders : ..
Plan to buy : -

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!