36 replies to this topic

#1 Robotic Sunshine Commander

Robotic Sunshine Commander

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,350 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 09:41 AM

http://mynintendonew...-playstation-3/
It's a real shame if this ends up being true. what a missed oppurtunity not to have it on pc or wii u, because they could run the game the best.

Signature_Fox.png

#2 angelo07stang

angelo07stang

Boo

• Members
  • 521 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Zelda, Metroid, mariokart

Posted 30 October 2012 - 09:59 AM

Sad news this game would sell like hot cakes on the wii u and make rockstar more money.
Posted Image

#3 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 30 October 2012 - 10:04 AM

It says it's confirmed for 360 and ps3.
It doesn't say it's not in development for PC or Wii U.
PC is a given, dunno about Wii U.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#4 Robotic Sunshine Commander

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,350 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 10:10 AM

It says it's confirmed for 360 and ps3.
It doesn't say it's not in development for PC or Wii U.
PC is a given, dunno about Wii U.

thats what i was getting at, but who knows.

Signature_Fox.png

#5 Stormage09

Stormage09

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 621 posts
  • Fandom:
    Dexter, Walking Dead

Posted 30 October 2012 - 10:18 AM

is not out the question yet because they havent said anithing about pc... but the chances are going down drastically xD
Posted Image

#6 Mitch

Mitch

Dingus

• Members
  • 1,839 posts
  • NNID:Mitch13pavel
  • Fandom:
    Mitch :3

Posted 30 October 2012 - 10:24 AM

Theyll port it over in a year after everyone that was going to buy it has already bought it... and then when it sells like poop they can say "well the Wii U must be an awful system, looks like we arent going to bother with it anymore"

#7 Crackkat

Crackkat

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,266 posts
  • Fandom:
    zelda mainly, most nintendo stuff too

Posted 30 October 2012 - 10:25 AM

I'm fed up with mynintendonews twisting the news in their titles to get more views. Don't be fooled by them, Rockstar said nothing about it being only on PS3 and 360, and it would be extremely ridiculous not to get GTA V on PC. I say this changes nothing, I'm not saying its definitely headed for Wii U but I think it has just as much chance as it did before this statement
Posted Image

#8 Tricky Sonic

Tricky Sonic

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,853 posts
  • NNID:Tricky
  • Fandom:
    Sega, Sonic, Warcraft, Final Fantasy

Posted 30 October 2012 - 10:43 AM

Could be doing development on the PC and Wii U versions separately. The PC and Wii U are significantly more powerful than ps360 and are different to Code for. I'm not saying its probable, but a possibility. Not all developers are like EA and only interested in quick ports.

Edited by TrickySx4, 30 October 2012 - 10:45 AM.

Posted Image
Check out my video game collection blog at http://genesaturn.blogspot.com/
Feel free to add me as a friend on your 3DS and Wii U as well - Friend Code = 1289-9502-7134 / Nintendo ID - Tricky

#9 Robotic Sunshine Commander

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,350 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 10:45 AM

Could be doing development on the PC and Wii U versions separately. The PC and Wii U are significantly more powerful than ps360 and are different to Code for. I'm not saying its probable, but a possibility. Not all developers are like EA and only interested in quick ports.

Very good theory!

Signature_Fox.png

#10 Mignaga

Mignaga

JOO TAKE MAH EMMERROWDS?!

• Members
  • 1,504 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zero Escape Metroid Madoka

Posted 30 October 2012 - 10:57 AM

I have a feeling this will happen, when the Wii U has proved itself. The Wii U just needs to have some games that are geared more towards hardcore gamers sell, and I doubt Rockstar (or any other publishes for that matter) will have a hard time justifying games like this on Wii U.

Mig_Sig.png

Be wary, the suck is coming.

#11 alan123

alan123

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 889 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 11:48 AM

I don't see the point in releasing it on the Wii U later on say six or twelve months later because the people with Wii U's that want GTA V will just buy it for their X360/PS3 i have the X360 version pre-ordered already.

It is just like Nintendo saying they have a great set of release games, highlighting Mass Effect 3 & Batman Arkham City etc, these games have already been out over a year ! :huh:

#12 xile6

xile6

Alchemist

• Members
  • 1,532 posts
  • NNID:xile06x

Posted 30 October 2012 - 12:44 PM

I can see it being ported over once they start working with the wii u.
youtube ch. http://www.youtube.com/user/xile2010/
xile06 "N" ID
Cod bo2, AC3, Zombiu, NSMB, Pikmin 3, Wind Waker HD, Smash Bro wiiu,
Preorders : ..
Plan to buy : -

#13 Crackkat

Crackkat

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,266 posts
  • Fandom:
    zelda mainly, most nintendo stuff too

Posted 30 October 2012 - 12:47 PM

Remember it takes little over two months to port a game over (depending on the developer) so it won't be hard for Rockstar to make a decision based on Wii U core game sales and still finish the game by launch if they want
Posted Image

#14 Stormage09

Stormage09

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 621 posts
  • Fandom:
    Dexter, Walking Dead

Posted 30 October 2012 - 01:33 PM

i think it dont will come, because getting a late release for a game that actually comes out 5 months AFTER the wii u launch makes no sense at all, it dont will sell a carp because all people will already played it
Posted Image

#15 nintendo3DS

nintendo3DS

Pokemon Master

• Members
  • 1,624 posts
  • Fandom:
    Pokemon, FF XIII trilogy

Posted 30 October 2012 - 02:06 PM

This is my theory about GTA5 eventually coming to Wii U. There was a tweet on IGN from Rockstar that says -

"Hey guys, glad to see so much enthusiasm about the release announcement. For those asking about the PC platform, we're currently focused on the Xbox 360 and PS3 versions of the game and don't have any details to share about a PC version at this time."

Also, Nintendo pretty much revealed their whole lineup of games from Nov to March. Rockstar said it comes out in spring. So that means Nintendo could have told Rockstar to hide the announcement of GTA5 to Wii U for more hype. That's why Rockstar said that they're "only focused" on PS360 version right now. So GTA5 could be Wii Us secret titles that they didn't unveil. That's my idea.

Edited by nintendo3DS, 30 October 2012 - 02:35 PM.

#16 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 02:31 PM

If this don't come out for Wii U I will be verry annoyed.

#17 Foot

Foot

The most badass sociopath to ever exist.

• Members
  • 1,038 posts
  • NNID:DPapcinEVO
  • Fandom:
    Sock Wars, Shoehorn Leghorn

Posted 30 October 2012 - 02:48 PM

Well, I just died a little inside...I'm still gonna get it though, just on BORING GAMEPADLESS XBOX 360!
I am the foot. I do not like you. You smother me with socks and shoes, then step on me thousands of times a day.

We foot will rebel one day.

#18 Joshua

Joshua

The Dovahkiin

• Members
  • 2,334 posts
  • NNID:JoshuaCM
  • Fandom:
    Anything Nintendo, Skyrim and more!

Posted 30 October 2012 - 03:18 PM

I had a feeling that this article title was misleading.

That seems most likely. Be aware that the poster that was leaked is the only bit of information we have of any recent GTA V news. We are going to need more and this misleading article doesn't really suffice.

Posted Image

Signature by Cerberuz

#19 CUD

CUD

Super Saiyan Dingus

• Members
  • 1,337 posts
  • NNID:CUDesu
  • Fandom:
    Gaben

Posted 30 October 2012 - 03:56 PM

Yep, misleading article. A Wii U version is possible but not something Rockstar has expressed interest in as of yet, a PC version seems more likely for sure maybe a little later than the console release though.

This statement is false. The previous statement is true.

RIP in peace Nintendo.

cCIImXL.png

#20 ZombiCarolyn

ZombiCarolyn

Boo

• Members
  • 536 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 04:02 PM

Wow, GTA on a Nintendo console... let's hope so?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!