• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

#1 BobbyRiddle

BobbyRiddle

Thwomp

• Members
  • 326 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 09:59 AM

Out of curiosity did anyone on here preorder from Walmart.Com?
Currently playing: AC 3, ZombiU, BLOPS 2, Nintendoland, NSMBU, Nano Assault Neo, Halo 4, Darksiders 2, and Far Cry 3

Wii U ID------BeMore

#2 xile6

xile6

Alchemist

• Members
  • 1,532 posts
  • NNID:xile06x

Posted 01 November 2012 - 10:29 AM

No preorder @ gamestop and paid in full :D now its the waiting game.

I did hear the walmart instore preorder was with there layaway program.
Also heard online you would have to pay in full (not billed till ship date) and they would send it out on the 17th and you should get ot around 19th-21st depending on where your at.

But as i said thats what i heard not know.
youtube ch. http://www.youtube.com/user/xile2010/
xile06 "N" ID
Cod bo2, AC3, Zombiu, NSMB, Pikmin 3, Wind Waker HD, Smash Bro wiiu,
Preorders : ..
Plan to buy : -

#3 Colinx

Colinx

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,301 posts
  • Fandom:
    Animal Crossing & SeaWorld

Posted 01 November 2012 - 10:44 AM

I preordered at Walmart.com.. living hell!
If you need help or are thinking of preordering from their website I'm here! :P

No preorder @ gamestop and paid in full :D now its the waiting game.

I did hear the walmart instore preorder was with there layaway program.
Also heard online you would have to pay in full (not billed till ship date) and they would send it out on the 17th and you should get ot around 19th-21st depending on where your at.

But as i said thats what i heard not know.

Layaway its similar to just getting put on a Gamestop waiting list. So if your really looking into getting your Wii U before XMAS then definitely don't be put on Gamestop's waiting list, I'd recommend going for Walmart's program, but you still have a chance at getting it AFTER XMAS as well.. If you definitely want your Wii U close to launch your gonna have to preorder at Walmart's online store because it will be nearly impossible to find one launch day without a preorder.

It is true, the only deal they have is a bundle that comes with the Wiimotion PLUS controller(no choice in color anymore, idk which color), a game with some decent choices(i picked ZOMBIU) and you can get a white or a black one. You do have to pay the full. Mine came out to $500 dollars with shipping and tax. As for your Wii U getting delivered, if your preordering this late it comes about a week after the system has launched. Mine says it can arrive from NOV. 23-27.

If you need any resources or tips to preordering at Walmart, like I said I have no problem helping ya.

Edited by Colinx, 01 November 2012 - 10:33 AM.

2lvmghw.png

#4 BobbyRiddle

BobbyRiddle

Thwomp

• Members
  • 326 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 11:16 AM

I preordered that same $500 bundle that you are talking about back in mid September. Today I get an email stating that there "would be a delay" to the shipment of my preorder. However, when I looked at the guts of the email it still said that I would be getting my Wii U between 11/22 and 11/26. I freaked out and actually called their customer service, and gave my order number. The lady I talked to put me on hold for quite a while, and when she came back she said that the bundle is not even in their system anymore. In fact, she said that if you search Wii U on Walmart.Com you will find that both consoles are available only in stores. So when I said WTF she put me on hold again to talk to her manager. When she came back she said that her manager told her that it looks like, as far as Walmart.Com goes(apparently Walmart.Com and the Walmart stores are two totally different entities) Nintendo has "discontinued the product." The lady also told me that her manager told her that Nintendo pulls this crap on the launch of all their systems....builds up demand and then doesn't produce enough which creates a shortage. She told me to fully expect a cancellation email in the near future, but not to cancel it myself before then because it could be a mistake. I find it very hard to imagine that Walmart.Com would not get a single Wii U on launch day. I will say this much though. If I don't get my preorder, and I start reading on the web that Nintendo promised preorders that it could not fill I will never buy another Nintendo product, and I will be selling off my Wii, 3DS, and all of their games.
Currently playing: AC 3, ZombiU, BLOPS 2, Nintendoland, NSMBU, Nano Assault Neo, Halo 4, Darksiders 2, and Far Cry 3

Wii U ID------BeMore

#5 Colinx

Colinx

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,301 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 01 November 2012 - 11:29 AM

I hope this doesn't happen to me! I haven't gotten any email's and mine is still in the system because I preordered it a few days ago and it let me preorder it with no problems, today however I looked for that bundle on their website and it was no where to be found.

http://www.walmart.c...4405934&veh=aff

Edit: In fact I just checked my email and received that same exact email. It says they're will be a delay but it still says it will arrive at the same time as it was supposed to originally. For me, as long as I'm still getting it it doesn't matter, if I do get a cancellation email I will be pissed as hell, cause there will be no way I will find a damn Wii U by Christmas so I will be so angry. I hope that this ain't true.

Edited by Colinx, 01 November 2012 - 11:29 AM.

2lvmghw.png

#6 BobbyRiddle

BobbyRiddle

Thwomp

• Members
  • 326 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 11:42 AM

Dude I think that Nintendo pulled the rug out from under them and are not allocating any preorders to Walmart.Com, and I'm inclined to believe the person that I talked to about Nintendo's preorders debacles for one simple reason. If Nintendo had not "discontinued" console preorders to Walmart.Com or if Walmart.com had oversold those preorders then I think that our bundle would still be searchable and would be labeled as "sold out." The fact that the consoles are now listed as "only available in stores" pretty much tells me that Walmart.Com got duped by Nintendo on this one. I really hope I'm wrong here, but now it has me concerned because the extra controller and Zombi U are not listed in the email as having any issues. If Walmart.Com is going to send a cancellation email out they better do it soon because if Zombi U and the controller ship out early and I have to go through the BS of having to return this crap after they bill me I'm going to go ballistic on someone.

Edited by BobbyRiddle, 01 November 2012 - 11:43 AM.

Wii U ID------BeMore

#7 Colinx

Colinx

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,301 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 01 November 2012 - 11:46 AM

Totally agree with that, it seems that they both ship at separate times and not together.

2lvmghw.png

#8 BobbyRiddle

BobbyRiddle

Thwomp

• Members
  • 326 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 11:48 AM

Plus I ordered another game from Amazon since I had a big credit with them. This could screw me up big time.

Wii U ID------BeMore

#9 Ixchel

Ixchel

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 874 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 11:55 AM

I find it very hard to imagine that Walmart.Com would not get a single Wii U on launch day. I will say this much though. If I don't get my preorder, and I start reading on the web that Nintendo promised preorders that it could not fill I will never buy another Nintendo product, and I will be selling off my Wii, 3DS, and all of their games.

That seems to be a bit of an overreaction, especially since they have had a factory fire destroying quite a few of their products. They probably allotted them a number, then things came up and they had to retract some of it. It's not a big deal... Although I DO find it odd that the Wii U is removed from the website entirely rather than being sold out.
Posted Image

#10 BobbyRiddle

BobbyRiddle

Thwomp

• Members
  • 326 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 12:08 PM

That seems to be a bit of an overreaction, especially since they have had a factory fire destroying quite a few of their products. They probably allotted them a number, then things came up and they had to retract some of it. It's not a big deal... Although I DO find it odd that the Wii U is removed from the website entirely rather than being sold out.

Yeah a little too odd. The woman at Walmart.Com said that Nintendo had discontinued the product, as in, they are not getting any. Sorry but if that is the case then this is more than just a retraction of their allotment. The other thing is that, if people are getting bumped because of Walmart getting less than expected I would doubt that it would be the guy that preordered the bundle on the first day it was available online(me.)

Wii U ID------BeMore

#11 Colinx

Colinx

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,301 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 01 November 2012 - 12:20 PM

I'm not sure if that is the case that they aren't getting any online, I mean all of the other stores have online pre-orders. Why would they put it up if they didn't get any? Maybe they're was a glitch in the system and they decided to take it down completely? I did notice that the Wii U floated in and out of preorder status so maybe they did get an excess amount of online preorders. Maybe they just took it down completely so this preorder issue doesn't keep happening. I am not sure, but that's what my guess is.

2lvmghw.png

#12 BobbyRiddle

BobbyRiddle

Thwomp

• Members
  • 326 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 12:29 PM

Again I hope you are right, but the whole discontinued thing has me very worried. I would save that link that you posted earlier just in case they do try to ship you a game and controller that you will not be able to use on launch day. Incidentily, to further complicate things I just googled Walmart.Com Wii U preorders and I found a thread on GameFaqs about it. There was a post on 10/10/12 that said that the bundle was still up but marked as sold out. If you were able to preorder yours after that date then the plot thickens.

Wii U ID------BeMore

#13 Colinx

Colinx

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,301 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 01 November 2012 - 12:31 PM

I preordered mine a few days ago, I believe it was Monday or Tuesday I preordered mine from Walmart. The console does say sold out a few times but like I said it floats in and out of preorder status for the bundle.

Edited by Colinx, 01 November 2012 - 12:42 PM.

2lvmghw.png

#14 BobbyRiddle

BobbyRiddle

Thwomp

• Members
  • 326 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 12:47 PM

Yeah this whole thing is pretty scary about now. Luckily, I just noticed that the game I ordered from Amazon has a release date of 11/18 rather than 11/13 like Zombi U. This whole thing should be resolved by then if I need to cancel with them. Well keep me posted on here if you get any more clarification.

Wii U ID------BeMore

#15 derk2468

derk2468

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 60 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 12:58 PM

Same here fellas! Cancelled my basic white best buy in store 11/18 pickup in exchange for a rush ship 11/20 by mail black deluxe Walmart.com preorder last week. I didn't think I'd get a deluxe and would have to settle for white. But like you said the black preorder floated back into the system and I happened to get it when I did. When I tried this same bundle in October they only had white. Mine came to $475 the deluxe and zombiu, and rush shipping. But my email today just said that the release date of the bundle changed. From 12/18/2011 to 11/18/2012 and I'd still be getting it on the 20th. Weird right? But I'm with you guys, if this isn't on my doorstep on the 20th after paying $30 shipping, the day before I'm out of town for a week? Nintendo, Wal-Mart, and their little pansy glitchy website will be paying severely with several layers of hell and judging by the crowd here? More than enough foots to put inserted into asses -_-

#16 BobbyRiddle

BobbyRiddle

Thwomp

• Members
  • 326 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 01:08 PM

So you tried in October and only the white was available. That means either one of two things. Either Walmart knew what they were doing all along since the statuses have changed so often, and Nintendo effed them pretty hard literally like this week. Or....they just reached preorder capacity, and this is all an overreaction combined with an unnecessary email today on Walmart's part. Time will tell.

Wii U ID------BeMore

#17 xile6

xile6

Alchemist

• Members
  • 1,532 posts
  • NNID:xile06x

Posted 01 November 2012 - 01:15 PM

Thats why i went to gamestop. Im in for day one system. And since i know the people there and i was the first to pay mines off in full.
Ill be number one to get mines from the store :D. Already talked to the ower.

I did hear that walmart was a big headache and none of the workers knew anything.
youtube ch. http://www.youtube.com/user/xile2010/
xile06 "N" ID
Cod bo2, AC3, Zombiu, NSMB, Pikmin 3, Wind Waker HD, Smash Bro wiiu,
Preorders : ..
Plan to buy : -

#18 Colinx

Colinx

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,301 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 01 November 2012 - 01:20 PM

Sometimes the black was available and sometimes the white was. At random times it would just become available. I hope they have enough to fill the preorders they had though, I can't imagine them having an excessive amount though, at least unlike some people who do layaways, we put in all the money so we should be guaranteed ours!

2lvmghw.png

#19 Fiery

Fiery

Wingus

• Members
  • 917 posts
  • NNID:Fieryguns

Posted 01 November 2012 - 01:33 PM

I preordered at Target Yesterday.

#20 derk2468

derk2468

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 60 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 02:02 PM

I should be priority simply cause of what I paid for rush shipping, can't cancel or horsing refund that! If I would've remembered like my 3DS, that best buy doesn't charge you until the day you pick it up I would've preordered on day one like any hardcore Ninty boy and not a week late causing this close call/massive headache. Stupid, stupid, stupid -_-

Really? Changed my curse word? Ohhhh up yours forums. Up. Yours. -_- ughhhh

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!