Spiny

• Members
  • 218 posts
  • NNID:dmanomic
  • Fandom:
    ZELDA mario metriod

Posted 01 November 2012 - 10:05 AM

http://mynintendonew...i-u-commercial/
What do you think,for me this was sooooooooooooooooo disappointing and it showed the casual market over and over told you nothing about the console and made it very very casual no zombi u or any hardcore 3rd party game why on earth did they show SING and lego under cover 2 times,not a good look for a lot of gamers.

1260993809_bouncing_jello_thumb.gif

#2 Goom

Goom

The Happyman Thief

• Members
  • 930 posts
  • NNID:SpikedGoomba
  • Fandom:
    pingas

Posted 01 November 2012 - 10:19 AM

I totally agree they should have aimed for a more mature audience. I understand the causal audience the were going for but if I didn't know any better(like almost every parent) i wouldn't know the difference of the Wii to the Wii U.

Posted Image

I am the hero this forum needs, but not the one it deserves.

#3 Dragon

Dragon

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,070 posts
  • Fandom:
    Playing my Wii U!

Posted 01 November 2012 - 10:24 AM

WUB WUB WUB WAHHHHHHHHHHH WUB WUB WUB

Posted Image

#4 Etkar

Etkar

Blooper

• Members
  • 183 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 10:25 AM

I liked how the rooms formed a U at the end. :D

#5 Spleenzorio

Spleenzorio

Thwomp

• Members
  • 339 posts

POPULAR

No need to be disappointed in something that wasn't made specifically for you. The hardcore players already know what the Wii U is all about, why do they need to show them stuff they already know? This commercial is for those people who don't live on the Internet and watch reviews or read websites every day.
Posted Image

Nintendo ID: Spleenzorio

#6 Guest_TRON_*

Guest_TRON_*
  • Guests

Its not their job to advertise 3rd party games. ZombiU is all on Ubisoft. Its the first of many commercial for a first advertisement I thought it was decent enough

#7 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 01 November 2012 - 10:27 AM

Its not their job to advertise 3rd party games. ZombiU is all on Ubisoft. Its the first of many commercial for a first advertisement I thought it was decent enough

Maybe it should be.
Third parties seem inept at advertising their games on their platforms.
Maybe it's time for Nintendo to baby them a little more, just for launch.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#8 Lord Pickleton

Lord Pickleton

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,188 posts
  • Fandom:
    Monster Hunter, Criterion, Codemasters

Posted 01 November 2012 - 10:31 AM

I don't care if it didn't have any 'hardcore' titles, I only want them to get the message across clearly to people who don't know much about Gaming Consoles.

LordPickleton.png

#9 neverwinteru

neverwinteru

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,159 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 10:32 AM

i don't think it was that bad sure it could have been more orientated towards the hardcore market, but they still want to appeal to the casuals besides this was only the first commercial.

#10 xile6

xile6

Alchemist

• Members
  • 1,532 posts
  • NNID:xile06x

Posted 01 November 2012 - 10:33 AM

I was a lil let down also, but thats how these first ads are. Once they start rolling game ads then it will really show everything off.
Just think of them doing a zombiu ad and then at the end it says "can only be played on the wii u."

But they already have the wii u in books like fingerhut and other online stores. So by the time christmas comes there will be some good ads.
Also think of this someone see and are like whats this then trys to find one in store and the gone....... it will be the wii all over again.
youtube ch. http://www.youtube.com/user/xile2010/
xile06 "N" ID
Cod bo2, AC3, Zombiu, NSMB, Pikmin 3, Wind Waker HD, Smash Bro wiiu,
Preorders : ..
Plan to buy : -

#11 Hank Hill

Hank Hill

Propaniac

• Moderators
  • 2,203 posts
  • NNID:GameCollector
  • Fandom:
    Professor Layton, inFAMOUS

Posted 01 November 2012 - 10:40 AM

I'll just leave my two cents about this here...

It makes legitimate sense that the commercial was aimed for the casuals. Follow an example situation with me if you will...

>Casual gamer has Wii
>Sees commercial about Wii U
>Seeing as casual gamer enjoyed Wii, said gamer will probably enjoy Wii U and buy it (Ok, fine, I'm not the best at example situations, but bear with me)

Now, if a "hardcore" (for lack of a better term) gamer sees the commercial, they'll most likely do a bit of research on the system to see the (gag) "hardcore" (throws up) games it'll offer from launch and the long run.

No point in marketing only to the hardcore audience when you can market to the casuals and word of mouth spreads through that means.

Dunno about you people, but it seems to me that if a hardcore gamer is interested in the Wii U at all, they'll do their research. :T

GameZombie44.png

The post above was certified to be simply smashing by the Wii U Forum Staff.

http://www.ebay.com/...mecollector1982

#12 Ixchel

Ixchel

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 874 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 10:42 AM

Well, that's what happens when most of the 1st party games coming out for Xmas are casual I guess. Now if Pikmin weren't pushed back maybe there'd be some decent variety here. :P Just hope 3rd parties join in soon, especially Ubisoft.

The commercial was... Well I got what they were going for. Unsure if it really can bring the message across to the gaming noobs/casuals it's trying to market to. The innovative/gimmick clips were short and might be overlooked or not understood.

Also... They could've at least picked some better wubs for that. X_X
Posted Image

#13 Spleenzorio

Spleenzorio

Thwomp

• Members
  • 339 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 10:49 AM

Think of it like this: a parent is watching tv and the ad comes on. Would they be more inclined to buy the Wii U if they see that there are casual kid/family friendly games being shown, or hardcore games like ZombiU and Ninja Gaiden? You give them the lowest common denominator (not to say casual games are bad) so they can start on the ground floor and perhaps work themselves up.
Posted Image

#14 Colinx

Colinx

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,301 posts
  • Fandom:
    Animal Crossing & SeaWorld

Posted 01 November 2012 - 10:57 AM

ZombiU is a potential system seller! Why shouldn't Nintendo do what Sony does and advertise 3rd party games?

Zombies are all the rage right now, people who play COD, L4D ect. ect. I don't see a good reason why Nintendo shouldn't advertise ZombiU.

2lvmghw.png

#15 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 01 November 2012 - 11:07 AM

I'll just leave my two cents about this here...

It makes legitimate sense that the commercial was aimed for the casuals. Follow an example situation with me if you will...

>Casual gamer has Wii
>Sees commercial about Wii U
>Seeing as casual gamer enjoyed Wii, said gamer will probably enjoy Wii U and buy it (Ok, fine, I'm not the best at example situations, but bear with me)

Now, if a "hardcore" (for lack of a better term) gamer sees the commercial, they'll most likely do a bit of research on the system to see the (gag) "hardcore" (throws up) games it'll offer from launch and the long run.

No point in marketing only to the hardcore audience when you can market to the casuals and word of mouth spreads through that means.

Dunno about you people, but it seems to me that if a hardcore gamer is interested in the Wii U at all, they'll do their research. :T

So you think Nintendo of America has successfully shown the people watching the advertisement with zero knowledge of the Wii U prior that:
1. it's a new console
2. it's not the wii with a tablet
3. it launches november 18th
4. it's available for 299 and 349
5. it has a great line-up of games at launch
6. it has online features
7. it plays wii games
8. they need it to enrich their lives, or it has entertainment value which appeals to them

I dunno about any of that myself.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#16 Zinix

Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • NNID:zinixzero
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 01 November 2012 - 11:08 AM

It's much better than the EU commercial, it isn't bad at all.

“Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete.”— Rod Serling, “The Twilight Zone” The Obsolete Man

Smoke meth. Hail Satan. Watch the yearly Twilight Zone marathons. Talk to dead people. Everyone is gay. Ignore people. Live life to the fullest.

#17 Tom

Tom

The Unicorn

• Members
  • 877 posts
  • NNID:IAmTom
  • Fandom:
    Animal Crossing

Posted 01 November 2012 - 11:30 AM

Take note of the fact that this is the first commercial. This commercial was targeted towards the casual market because the casuals may not even know that the Wii U exists, while the "hardcore" people do.

If they were to make a commercial that was targeted towards both casuals and hardcore, that would cause conflicts, as the casuals may be deterred by the hardcore content, and vice versa. It would be ideal for Nintendo to make separate commercials for separate audiences.

I'm sure they'll make another commercial that's targeted towards a more mature audience- don't get your panties in a bunch.

Edited by Tom, 01 November 2012 - 11:31 AM.

"I'M NOT BEING PESSIMISTIC, I'M BEING REALISTIC." - EVERY PESSIMIST EVER.

#18 jono

jono

Boo

• Members
  • 552 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 12:32 PM

*raises hand* I found this first. Just sayin'. Anyways, this is awful, even worse then the OK one IMO. Hopefully the commercials about specific games are a lot better.

#19 Colinx

Colinx

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,301 posts
  • Fandom:
    Animal Crossing & SeaWorld

Posted 01 November 2012 - 12:40 PM

A simple way to make the commercial a lot better is:
Instead of the back voice saying the slogan at the beginning he should have been like "The Wii U, an all new Nintendo home video game console". Then as the commercial progresses "Play your favorite Nintendo franchises like Mario, Zelda and Metroid for the first time ever, in HD" and then after he says "How U Will play next" at the end he should have said "In Stores November 18th."

Then I think they should make a hardcore version of this commercial with Assasins Creed 3, Black Ops 2 and ZombiU to attract some of those XBOX/PS3 fans.

Edited by Colinx, 01 November 2012 - 12:41 PM.

2lvmghw.png

#20 Spleenzorio

Spleenzorio

Thwomp

• Members
  • 339 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 12:52 PM

Then as the commercial progresses "Play your favorite Nintendo franchises like Mario, Zelda and Metroid for the first time ever, in HD"

The only problem with this is that there are no Zelda or Metroid games out yet....... other than that I like your other suggestions.

SIMPLE MARKETING PEOPLE!
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!