• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

#1 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 07:48 PM

Bit of useless info for ya, but about 2 days ago I e-mailed Rockstar Support on GTA V for Wii U and they just replied back to me, here is the proceeding conversation:

Peter H******, Oct 31 01:38 am (EDT):

Hi guys, I know that GTA V was announced for Spring 2013 today, and the
platforms are PS3 and Xbox 360, But I was wondering are you considering a
Wii U version at all? You see I'm getting a Wii U and I have sold my Xbox
360. I completely love all of your games deeply and I have been exited
about GTA V since it was announced last year, please consider a Wii U
version, Wii U is selling like hot cakes, as a matter of fact they are
fully sold out everywhere from what I can gather, GTA V is going to be one
of the best games ever and I really want to experience it fully. So my main
question, is a Wii U version possible?

kindest Regards:

Peter.

James M, Nov 01 10:15 pm (EDT):

Hey Peter,
Thanks for contacting R* Technical Support.
I'm not sure if we have that information as of yet. But I don't think that the game was developed to run on the Wii U, so I'm guessing that it will not be available for the Wii U, but I am not 100% sure. I would suggest waiting for a bit and see if they make any later announcements. As you said, the release was just announced today, so there is a chance that they will announce it on more platforms in the future.
Have a great day,

James M.

As you can see, not much, but what are your thoughts on what he said, me I'm taking his advice and I'm gonna sit tight for a bit and keep my fingers crossed.

Edited by UnchainedGoku, 01 November 2012 - 07:53 PM.

#2 SPG

SPG

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 657 posts
  • NNID:Pyroblock
  • Fandom:
    all things Nintendo and PC

Posted 01 November 2012 - 08:01 PM

ha, what a bunch of bull, they can still port it, mass effect 3 wasnt devolved for the wii u, whats that? its coming on the wii u? what a lame excuse, yes i know he said he wasnt sure but still, its a dumb reply none the less

wa3Nq7j.png

#3 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 08:05 PM

ha, what a bunch of bull, they can still port it, mass effect 3 wasnt devolved for the wii u, whats that? its coming on the wii u? what a lame excuse, yes i know he said he wasnt sure but still, its a dumb reply none the less

Yeah I know, this game could be easily ported, I just hope it happens.

#4 Hank Hill

Hank Hill

Propaniac

• Moderators
  • 2,203 posts
  • NNID:GameCollector
  • Fandom:
    Professor Layton, inFAMOUS

Posted 01 November 2012 - 08:40 PM

It could easily be ported...if you wouldn't mind a quick sham-job cash-in.

These things take more money, manpower, and time to create ports than is realized, especially for open world do-whatever-the-heck-you-want styled games.

I can almost guarantee that the game will be coming to the Wii U at some point, but I don't think its original release will see the system. After all, it would seem rather strange to have all the promotional material made, shipped out and distributed missing one of the systems it'll release on on said promotional material.

Instead, I see it releasing closer to the end of winter 2013, or summer 2014 with extra and/or exclusive DLC. Makes sense to me at least.

Edited by GameCollector, 01 November 2012 - 08:40 PM.

GameZombie44.png

The post above was certified to be simply smashing by the Wii U Forum Staff.

http://www.ebay.com/...mecollector1982

#5 neverwinteru

neverwinteru

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,159 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 09:05 PM

its not like they were going to tell you so im not surprised at the answer.

#6 Mitch

Mitch

Dingus

• Members
  • 1,839 posts
  • NNID:Mitch13pavel
  • Fandom:
    Mitch :3

Posted 01 November 2012 - 09:43 PM

At least it was a hand typed message, not just a carbon copy response. Thats very classy of them to take the time to actually read your email and reply :)

#7 The Lonely Koopa

The Lonely Koopa

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 617 posts
  • Fandom:
    Reggie's Body, Nintendo being doomed

Posted 02 November 2012 - 02:30 AM

I don't think it can be easily ported if their PC ports are anything to go by (shudders)

#8 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 03:27 AM

It could easily be ported...if you wouldn't mind a quick sham-job cash-in.

These things take more money, manpower, and time to create ports than is realized, especially for open world do-whatever-the-heck-you-want styled games.

I can almost guarantee that the game will be coming to the Wii U at some point, but I don't think its original release will see the system. After all, it would seem rather strange to have all the promotional material made, shipped out and distributed missing one of the systems it'll release on on said promotional material.

Instead, I see it releasing closer to the end of winter 2013, or summer 2014 with extra and/or exclusive DLC. Makes sense to me at least.

I like your optimisum, I'm hoping for this too, fingers crossed.

its not like they were going to tell you so im not surprised at the answer.

Yeah I suppose, everything is worth a try though ;)

At least it was a hand typed message, not just a carbon copy response. Thats very classy of them to take the time to actually read your email and reply :)

Yeah I was mostly expecting a automated response like "we do not comment on romours or speculation" so it was a nice touch to have an actual human being reply to me :)

I don't think it can be easily ported if their PC ports are anything to go by (shudders)

I agree somwhat too, they can get very sloppy with thier PC ports, it's not just the Wii U players I feel sorry for it's the PC players too, don't get me wrong GTA V is awsome but the announcment lacked two platforms, developers gotta realise, people who have a Wii U want thier games, not everyone has a PS360 anymore, and I can't see PS4 720 selling as well as thier previous consoles.

#9 Deadly Virus

Deadly Virus

Boo

• Members
  • 598 posts
  • Fandom:
    3D Mario, Metroid, F-Zero, Pokémon, SSB

Posted 02 November 2012 - 05:41 AM

It's definitely not coming at launch, but I wouldn't rule out a later port guys.

Rockstar certainly dropped the ball here when it came to platforms though. They have the money, they have the resources, and it's GTA for christ sake, it'll sell on anything.

Remember that the PC version hasn't been confirmed yet either though guys. So maybe R* will be nice and give both PC and Wii U their own special edition release on the same day this time next year. ^_^

Posted Image

#10 CUD

CUD

Super Saiyan Dingus

• Members
  • 1,337 posts
  • NNID:CUDesu
  • Fandom:
    Gaben

Posted 02 November 2012 - 06:02 AM

Rockstar certainly dropped the ball here when it came to platforms though. They have the money, they have the resources, and it's GTA for christ sake, it'll sell on anything.

Rockstar have been disappointed in the past by GTA sales on Nintendo platforms such as the DS so it's only natural that they'll be a little skeptical of releasing it for a new Nintendo platform without others proving that the Wii U has a suitable market appeal.

This statement is false. The previous statement is true.

RIP in peace Nintendo.

cCIImXL.png

#11 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 06:36 AM

It's definitely not coming at launch, but I wouldn't rule out a later port guys.

Remember that the PC version hasn't been confirmed yet either though guys. So maybe R* will be nice and give both PC and Wii U their own special edition release on the same day this time next year. ^_^

I hope your right my friend, GTA San Andreas was my most fave game ever, I completed it 8 times, I've been waiting to go back there for years.

Rockstar have been disappointed in the past by GTA sales on Nintendo platforms such as the DS so it's only natural that they'll be a little skeptical of releasing it for a new Nintendo platform without others proving that the Wii U has a suitable market appeal.

I see what you mean, lets just hope they at some point get convinced.

#12 Spleenzorio

Spleenzorio

Thwomp

• Members
  • 339 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 06:55 AM

Probably because that wasn't a real GTA game that people wanted.......
Posted Image

Nintendo ID: Spleenzorio

#13 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 06:58 AM

Chinatown wars was quite good, I liked it but I had it on PSP.

#14 Zinix

Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • NNID:zinixzero
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 02 November 2012 - 07:05 AM

The DS couldn't handle a real GTA game, it had ancient technology. It was hardly stronger than the GBA.

“Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete.”— Rod Serling, “The Twilight Zone” The Obsolete Man

Smoke meth. Hail Satan. Watch the yearly Twilight Zone marathons. Talk to dead people. Everyone is gay. Ignore people. Live life to the fullest.

#15 TheUltimateWaddleDee

TheUltimateWaddleDee

That Guy

• Members
  • 2,077 posts
  • NNID:UltimateWaddleD
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, Metal Gear, and WADDLE DEE!

Posted 02 November 2012 - 09:55 AM

The DS couldn't handle a real GTA game, it had ancient technology. It was hardly stronger than the GBA.

Really? The DS had at best Dreamcast quality, and the gba was at the 2D graphics of the PlayStation at best

KtOSpy7.jpg
I will not die until I achieve something. Even though the ordeal is high, I never give in. Therefore, I die with no regrets~Ikaruga Prologue
http://fc05.devianta...ask-d5k49sd.jpg

#16 Zinix

Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • NNID:zinixzero
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 02 November 2012 - 12:17 PM

Really? The DS had at best Dreamcast quality, and the gba was at the 2D graphics of the PlayStation at best

I doubt that. Show me a game that looks as good as Sonic Adventure 2

“Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete.”— Rod Serling, “The Twilight Zone” The Obsolete Man

Smoke meth. Hail Satan. Watch the yearly Twilight Zone marathons. Talk to dead people. Everyone is gay. Ignore people. Live life to the fullest.

#17 The Lonely Koopa

The Lonely Koopa

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 617 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 02 November 2012 - 12:26 PM

Far from Dreamcast graphics I would say the PSP had dreamcast graphics but the DS was a bit weaker than the n64 I believe.

#18 TheUltimateWaddleDee

TheUltimateWaddleDee

That Guy

• Members
  • 2,077 posts
  • NNID:UltimateWaddleD
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, Metal Gear, and WADDLE DEE!

Posted 02 November 2012 - 01:03 PM

Far from Dreamcast graphics I would say the PSP had dreamcast graphics but the DS was a bit weaker than the n64 I believe.

The PSP was about PS2 graphics. Well done DS games looked a lot better than N64 games. Examples include Okamiden, New Super Mario Bros, and Metroid Prime Hunters

I doubt that. Show me a game that looks as good as Sonic Adventure 2

Okamiden, Metroid Prime Hunters, and maybe Super Mario 64 DS. I also used the Dreamcast because the DS's graphical capapilities were in between the N64 and the PS2, which is where the Dreamcast falls into.

KtOSpy7.jpg
I will not die until I achieve something. Even though the ordeal is high, I never give in. Therefore, I die with no regrets~Ikaruga Prologue
http://fc05.devianta...ask-d5k49sd.jpg

#19 Foot

Foot

The most badass sociopath to ever exist.

• Members
  • 1,038 posts
  • NNID:DPapcinEVO
  • Fandom:
    Sock Wars, Shoehorn Leghorn

Posted 02 November 2012 - 01:14 PM

I've learned to lower my hopes, BUT can I have that email? I plan to send them a "strongly worded letter" lol
I am the foot. I do not like you. You smother me with socks and shoes, then step on me thousands of times a day.

We foot will rebel one day.

#20 The Lonely Koopa

The Lonely Koopa

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 617 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 02 November 2012 - 01:38 PM

The PSP was about PS2 graphics. Well done DS games looked a lot better than N64 games. Examples include Okamiden, New Super Mario Bros, and Metroid Prime Hunters
Okamiden, Metroid Prime Hunters, and maybe Super Mario 64 DS. I also used the Dreamcast because the DS's graphical capapilities were in between the N64 and the PS2, which is where the Dreamcast falls into.

ummm All those game look like N64 games(one of which was a remake of a n64 game) but with the texture jitter of ps1. and PSP was about ps2 aka Dreamcast level.
here are dreamcast games
https://www.youtube....h?v=9t80cI9IuHo

https://www.youtube....h?v=8oHg8xi06oU

https://www.youtube....feature=related

miles better than DS Trust me I know I actual Own a Dreamcast and a DS .

Edited by The Lonely Koopa, 02 November 2012 - 01:43 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!