Photo

Should Nintendo Partner with Capcom once more?

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

Poll: Should Nintendo Partner with Capcom once more? (31 member(s) have cast votes)

Should Nintendo Partner with Capcom once more?

1. Heck Yes! (29 votes [93.55%])

Percentage of vote: 93.55%

2. Nope.avi (2 votes [6.45%])

Percentage of vote: 6.45%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 SparktehFox

SparktehFox

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 75 posts
  • Fandom:
    One Piece, Splatterhouse, Sonic

Posted 27 June 2011 - 01:40 PM

Capcom is a third-party video game development company, famous for numerous popular video game series such as Mega Man and Resident Evil. Apart from their own series, Capcom is also famous for co-creating numerous games in The Legend of Zelda series. It should be noted that Capcom is the only company bar Nintendo themselves to be majorly involved in the creation of any main series Zelda game.

Capcom's first contribution to the Zelda series was the Oracle games, Oracle of Seasons and Oracle of Ages (both for the Game Boy Color), who they worked with Nintendo to create. Despite initial concerns, the Oracle games received an extremely positive reception from fans and the video game media alike. Capcom has been praised for their contributions to the Zelda series.

Capcom returned in 2002 to create the Game Boy Advance remake of A Link to the Past. On the same game cartridge as this remake came an original Zelda game created by Capcom, the multiplayer Four Swords. Four Swords introduced many elements that have been re-used in the Zelda series such as the character Vaati and the Four Sword.

Capcom's next and most recent Zelda game came in 2004 with the release of a prequel to Four Swords, The Minish Cap, for the Game Boy Advance. Since The Minish Cap, there hasn't been another Capcom Zelda game.

So this has been on my mind since I finished Ocarina of Time a few days ago. Picture a game outside of the Zelda series developed by Capcom that was similar to Monster Hunter and took place around Hyrule, Termina and many other Zelda themed areas. Being able to create a character the race of your choosing [from Hylians, Sheikah, (Male Only) Goron, (Female Only) Gerudo, Twili, Zora/Rito, Kokiri/Korok, Deku, or (Male Only)Goblin] and crafting weapons as well as raising livestock and much more. Battle would definitely be similar to the Zelda series with item management closer to the Monster Hunter Series and it wouldn't be right if you were restricted by levels. You would rely solely on skill and gear with the freedom to roam freely throughout Hyrule! I know it's too good to be true but a man can dream.

Hylian
Male or Female
Weapons: Sword, Shield, 2handed blade, Bow, Bombs/Bombchus, Hammer, Boomerang, Basic Magic
As the chosen people, they are also given unique psychic and magical abilities.

Sheikah
Male or Female
Weapons: Chain, Needles, Deku Nut, Bombs/Bombchus, Bow, Advanced Magic, Staff, Small Sword
The Sheikah are an ancient clan of ninja-like warriors sworn to protect the Royal Family of Hyrule.

Goron
Male Only
Weapons: 2handed blade, Gauntlets, Bombs, Ball+Chain, Hammer, Cannon, Physical Magic
The Gorons are a humanoid, rock-eating race that dwell in the mountains. Despite their hulking appearance, Gorons are a relatively peaceful species.

Gerudo(cannot exist with Twili)
Female Only
Weapons: Sword, Dual Blades, Bow, Staff/Spear, Advanced Magic, Boomerang
They are a reclusive tribe of thieves that consists entirely of women.

Twili (cannot exist with Gerudo)
Male or Female
Weapons: Advanced Magic, Staff/Spear, Sword, Shield, Dual Blades, Psychokinesis
This peaceful race of Twilight beings resides within the Twilight Realm.

Sea Zora (Cannot exist with Rito)
Male or Female
Weapons: Bow, Basic Magic, Shield, Boomerang, Fins, Staff/Spear
The Zoras come from Zora's Domain in northeast Hyrule. An aquatic race, they are longtime allies of Hyrule's Royal Family.

Rito (cannot exist with Zora)
Male or Female
Weapons: Wings, Hook, Bow, Sword, Talons, Boomerang, Staff/Spear
Rito are capable of flying quickly, and full-grown members can carry humans for a short time.

Kokiri (or Korok depending on the timeline)
Male or Female
Weapons: Stick, Deku Nuts, Sling Shot, Small Sword, Shield, Boomerang, Fairy Magic
The Kokiri are a cautious, child-like, and secretive race native to Kokiri Forest.

Deku Scrub
Male or Female
Weapons: Stick, Deku Nuts, Mouth Cannon, Small Sword, Shield, Deku Flowers
The Deku are a race of humanoid plant-like beings that often co-exist with other races.

Goblin
Male Only
Weapons: Spear, 2Handed Blade, Great Sword, Ball+Chain, Shield, Bow, Club, Boko Sticks
Goblin is the unofficial name given to the weapon wielding race of enemies with the "-blin" suffix.

Edited by SparktehFox, 28 June 2011 - 11:28 PM.

Posted Image

#2 GunGoomba

GunGoomba

Friend of Bulbmins

• Members
  • 222 posts
  • Fandom:
    Pikmin, Mario, Peach, Zelda. Yoshi

Posted 27 June 2011 - 01:50 PM

My answer is yes, but with out the custom character options. It would take away the uniqueness from Link.
Posted Image

#3 3DS Strider

3DS Strider

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 103 posts
  • Fandom:
    Retrogames,Tokusatsu,Transformers

Posted 27 June 2011 - 02:39 PM

They need to make a Nintendo Vs. Capcom.
Also on 3DS Forums and Racketboy. I am not an iodit.

#4 GunGoomba

GunGoomba

Friend of Bulbmins

• Members
  • 222 posts
  • Fandom:
    Pikmin, Mario, Peach, Zelda. Yoshi

Posted 27 June 2011 - 02:41 PM

They need to make a Nintendo Vs. Capcom.

I agree with this.
Posted Image

#5 Narcidius

Narcidius

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 140 posts
  • Fandom:
    Metroid, Zelda, Star Fox

Posted 27 June 2011 - 03:09 PM

I actually like your idea too, but my vote goes "yes" simply because I LOVE Capcom. If it weren't for them, I would have given up on my Wii long ago. They are a company that just astounds me with the quality of their titles almost every time I pick up something they make.

#6 SparktehFox

SparktehFox

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 75 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 27 June 2011 - 03:09 PM

Of course you wouldn't be anything like the Hero of Time or Dark King, but it would basically be a Monster Hunter game (one weapon at a time, normal village, adventure and multiplayer) that takes place in Hyrule. There are plenty of warriors in the Legend of Zelda universe and I was thinking it would be cool to delve into their stories a bit more. The game would probably be titled "Hylian Knights" or something. I just thought it would be nice to "live a life in Hyrule" y'know.
Posted Image

#7 Tre

Tre

Blooper

• Members
  • 165 posts

Posted 27 June 2011 - 08:40 PM

I just have to say yes. Capcom has been well to me over the years.

#8 Tony Bradshaw

Tony Bradshaw

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 86 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 27 June 2011 - 11:37 PM

Voted for heck yes! I love Capcom

Posted Image
For all the latest Wii U News: http://wiiuupdates.com/

#9 Sirralart SuperDragon

Sirralart SuperDragon

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 72 posts
  • Fandom:
    Perfect Dark, SSB, SvR, Fighting Games

Posted 28 June 2011 - 07:56 AM

My answer is YES!!!!

I'd be happy with this type of Zelda game because it involves character creation (Something a REALLY enjoy. Just check Smackdown vs Raw 2011 Community Creations on the PS3 and search Tralarris)

I really believe Capcom will be the company to help make SSB4. There were rumors that the orginal team that made the first three Smash Bros. won't make the next Smash Bros.
AWESHUM SAUCE!!! **(^_^)**

Female protagonists are GREAT!!!

My Smackdown vs Raw 2011 keyword for the PS3 is TRALARRIS. If you like ORIGINAL DIVA CAWs look them up!

#10 AMAC

AMAC

Pegasus

• Members
  • 1,055 posts
  • Fandom:
    Yoshi, Ponies, Mario, Professor Layton

Posted 29 June 2011 - 09:39 AM

Yes! Capcom have made some great games over the years and have also supported Nintendo consoles.

Nintendo + Capsom = Win!

#11 Aaron Barton

Aaron Barton

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 57 posts

Posted 30 June 2011 - 06:47 PM

I read nothing but the topic title, and have just this to say: No. Capcom used to be a top tier studio, but their ungrateful and greedy business practices have caused me to discontinue supporting them. If I ever buy another Resident Evil game, it'll be used. If I can't buy used? Oh well!

Because of developers like Capcom I almost wish there would be another industry crash a la Atari. Has to purge out the lamers. Not happening any time soon though.

#12 Bill Cipher

Bill Cipher

IT WAS ME BARRY!

• Members
  • 1,086 posts
  • NNID:LordOfGrapeJuice
  • Fandom:
    RPGs

Posted 30 June 2011 - 07:06 PM

I read nothing but the topic title, and have just this to say: No. Capcom used to be a top tier studio, but their ungrateful and greedy business practices have caused me to discontinue supporting them. If I ever buy another Resident Evil game, it'll be used. If I can't buy used? Oh well!

Because of developers like Capcom I almost wish there would be another industry crash a la Atari. Has to purge out the lamers. Not happening any time soon though.

Your blaming Capcom for 1 game, when the revenue from that game will fund countless other games, ones that will be far better?
Someone has no idea of economics

Games that refuse to use Gameplay effectively to do anything are like films that refuse to use cinematography in film to do anything.

NNID: Lord of Grape Juice /PSN: Nderbert/Steam: Harmonius EX

Games/Animation/Film/Comics/Literature/Fantasy/Sci-fi.

#13 SparktehFox

SparktehFox

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 75 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 30 June 2011 - 07:46 PM

You might want to read a little more than the title then, and not jump to crazy conclusions and assumptions. Plus with the loss of Capcom goes Street Fighter, Devil May Cry, Mega Man, Ace Attorney, Breath of Fire, Onimusha, Monster Hunter, Dead Rising, Versus Series, The Read Dead Series (originally a Capcom project until they handed it to Rockstar) Final Fight and more I don't feel like naming.

Capcom's Read Dead Revolver
Posted Image

#14 Dementis

Dementis

Blooper

• Members
  • 152 posts
  • Fandom:
    Metroid

Posted 30 June 2011 - 10:59 PM

If I ever buy another Resident Evil game, it'll be used. If I can't buy used? Oh well.

Is that really a good idea?

#15 CaptainFalco311

CaptainFalco311

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 74 posts
  • Fandom:
    Earthbound/Mother, Metroid, Zelda

Posted 01 July 2011 - 09:06 AM

The Minish Cap was a second religion of mine back on the GBA, along with Superstar Saga. Translation: Moar, plz.

#16 Joshua

Joshua

The Dovahkiin

• Members
  • 2,334 posts
  • NNID:JoshuaCM
  • Fandom:
    Anything Nintendo, Skyrim and more!

Posted 04 July 2011 - 12:56 AM

I would definitely love it for CAPCOM to team up with Nintendo again. They've made good games in the past together, it wouldn't hurt for another try at present.

Posted Image

Signature by Cerberuz

#17 Randomite

Randomite

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 93 posts

Posted 04 July 2011 - 04:01 AM

While I don't know much of Capcoms close work with Nintendo, I think it is for sure that Capcom will work on the Wii U...Personally I feel they will whore out their franchises and port them over to the new console such is what Capcom seem to do in my opinion.

#18 SparktehFox

SparktehFox

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 75 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 04 July 2011 - 05:53 AM

While I don't know much of Capcoms close work with Nintendo, I think it is for sure that Capcom will work on the Wii U...Personally I feel they will whore out their franchises and port them over to the new console such is what Capcom seem to do in my opinion.

I don't think you read the first post.
Posted Image

#19 Aaron Barton

Aaron Barton

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 57 posts

Posted 04 July 2011 - 06:32 AM

Your blaming Capcom for 1 game, when the revenue from that game will fund countless other games, ones that will be far better?
Someone has no idea of economics

What game are you talking about?

You might want to read a little more than the title then, and not jump to crazy conclusions and assumptions.

I didn't assume anything about the content of the thread at all. I'm pretty sure it's about Capcom no matter what?

And Dementis, I'm aware -thus my "if I can't buy used" disclaimer! Ideas like that are exactly why I can't approve of Capcom anymore.

#20 The One Who Wrote This

The One Who Wrote This

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 86 posts
  • Fandom:
    Marth, Link, Samus, Zero, & Exdeath

Posted 04 July 2011 - 09:24 AM

I would love to have a Nintendo vs Capcom game for the Wii U (and maybe the 3ds).

The question is, would Mario’s supers be the following (assuming they have 3 attack buttons)?

Regular Mario
1: Mario Grand Finale (QCF + 2B)

2: Hyper Jump Punch (Forward Z motion + 2B) [think Ken's Shoryureppa]

3: Power-Up Frenzy (HCB + 2B) Level 3 Hyper Combo

4: Suit Change (HCF + Whatever button for whichever suit)
L = Cape Suit
M = Metal Mario
H = Fire Suit
Say if you were Cape Mario and did HCF + L, you would turn back to normal.

Cape Suit (Makes Mario Faster, but lowers attack slightly and has no projectiles)
1: Cape Mario Tornado (QCB + 2B)

2: Cape Mario Divebomb (Forward Z motion + 2B)

4: Suit Change (HCF + Button)

Metal Mario (Powerful for Attack and Defense, but is EXTREMELY SLOW [Makoto slow for walking]. Like Armored Zangief in one of the Vs. Titles, he can move while Supers are active, even when taking damage [basically no flinching]. Cannot guard)
1: Metal Piledriver (1 Rotation + 2B)

2: Metal Mario Tornado (QCB + 2B)

Fire Mario (Stronger Projectiles, but weaker uppercuts [think Ryu like powers or opposite of Ken]. Plays a little bit like Akuma for moveset [obviously no teleports, though])

1: Fireball Barrage (QCF + 2B) [think Akuma's multiple fireball attack from MvC series] Aerial has diagonal properties.

2: Fireball Beam (QCF + 2B & Hold H) Can move like Ryu’s Shinkuu Hadouken MvC 3, but has awesomeness from Tatsunoko vs. Capcom (beam style).

Feel free to edit! :-)

Capcom is a third-party video game development company, famous for numerous popular video game series such as Mega Man and Resident Evil. Apart from their own series, Capcom is also famous for co-creating numerous games in The Legend of Zelda series. It should be noted that Capcom is the only company bar Nintendo themselves to be majorly involved in the creation of any main series Zelda game.

Capcom's first contribution to the Zelda series was the Oracle games, Oracle of Seasons and Oracle of Ages (both for the Game Boy Color), who they worked with Nintendo to create. Despite initial concerns, the Oracle games received an extremely positive reception from fans and the video game media alike. Capcom has been praised for their contributions to the Zelda series.

Capcom returned in 2002 to create the Game Boy Advance remake of A Link to the Past. On the same game cartridge as this remake came an original Zelda game created by Capcom, the multiplayer Four Swords. Four Swords introduced many elements that have been re-used in the Zelda series such as the character Vaati and the Four Sword.

Capcom's next and most recent Zelda game came in 2004 with the release of a prequel to Four Swords, The Minish Cap, for the Game Boy Advance. Since The Minish Cap, there hasn't been another Capcom Zelda game.

So this has been on my mind since I finished Ocarina of Time a few days ago. Picture a game outside of the Zelda series developed by Capcom that was similar to Monster Hunter and took place around Hyrule, Termina and many other Zelda themed areas. Being able to create a character the race of your choosing [from Hylians, Sheikah, (Male Only) Goron, (Female Only) Gerudo, Twili, Zora/Rito, Kokiri/Korok, Deku, or (Male Only)Goblin] and crafting weapons as well as raising livestock and much more. Battle would definitely be similar to the Zelda series with item management closer to the Monster Hunter Series and it wouldn't be right if you were restricted by levels. You would rely solely on skill and gear with the freedom to roam freely throughout Hyrule! I know it's too good to be true but a man can dream.

Hylian
Male or Female
Weapons: Sword, Shield, 2handed blade, Bow, Bombs/Bombchus, Hammer, Boomerang, Basic Magic
As the chosen people, they are also given unique psychic and magical abilities.

Sheikah
Male or Female
Weapons: Chain, Needles, Deku Nut, Bombs/Bombchus, Bow, Advanced Magic, Staff, Small Sword
The Sheikah are an ancient clan of ninja-like warriors sworn to protect the Royal Family of Hyrule.

Goron
Male Only
Weapons: 2handed blade, Gauntlets, Bombs, Ball+Chain, Hammer, Cannon, Physical Magic
The Gorons are a humanoid, rock-eating race that dwell in the mountains. Despite their hulking appearance, Gorons are a relatively peaceful species.

Gerudo(cannot exist with Twili)
Female Only
Weapons: Sword, Dual Blades, Bow, Staff/Spear, Advanced Magic, Boomerang
They are a reclusive tribe of thieves that consists entirely of women.

Twili (cannot exist with Gerudo)
Male or Female
Weapons: Advanced Magic, Staff/Spear, Sword, Shield, Dual Blades, Psychokinesis
This peaceful race of Twilight beings resides within the Twilight Realm.

Sea Zora (Cannot exist with Rito)
Male or Female
Weapons: Bow, Basic Magic, Shield, Boomerang, Fins, Staff/Spear
The Zoras come from Zora's Domain in northeast Hyrule. An aquatic race, they are longtime allies of Hyrule's Royal Family.

Rito (cannot exist with Zora)
Male or Female
Weapons: Wings, Hook, Bow, Sword, Talons, Boomerang, Staff/Spear
Rito are capable of flying quickly, and full-grown members can carry humans for a short time.

Kokiri (or Korok depending on the timeline)
Male or Female
Weapons: Stick, Deku Nuts, Sling Shot, Small Sword, Shield, Boomerang, Fairy Magic
The Kokiri are a cautious, child-like, and secretive race native to Kokiri Forest.

Deku Scrub
Male or Female
Weapons: Stick, Deku Nuts, Mouth Cannon, Small Sword, Shield, Deku Flowers
The Deku are a race of humanoid plant-like beings that often co-exist with other races.

Goblin
Male Only
Weapons: Spear, 2Handed Blade, Great Sword, Ball+Chain, Shield, Bow, Club, Boko Sticks
Goblin is the unofficial name given to the weapon wielding race of enemies with the "-blin" suffix.

This looks like a great game idea!!

Off topic to Capcom but on topic to Monster Hunter like creations, a friend of mine one time thought of an idea of Nintendo creating a Pokemon version of Monster Hunter (using mainly 1st generation but with some exceptions like Deoxys), only that you actually get to hunt them, not catch them (I guess one could catch them) and that the graphics would be real-life style graphics. Do you think that it would be good?

Edited by The One Who Wrote This, 06 January 2012 - 05:43 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!