• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 madspacecow

madspacecow

Goomba

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 06:42 PM

How does it work as far as picking it up? If I have it pre-ordered from Bestbuy, do they hold a unit for me and I can pick it up whenever, or is it still first come first serve?

#2 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 03 November 2012 - 06:45 PM

http://www.forums.bestbuy.com/

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#3 madspacecow

madspacecow

Goomba

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 07:30 PM

Thanks! And it appears they set it aside for you, so good news!

#4 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 04:53 AM

In the UK you have to pay a £20 deposit and pay the rest on the day you pick it up, I don't feel comfortable walking to town with over £500 in my pocket :(

#5 Gamejunkie

Gamejunkie

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 04:57 AM

In the UK you have to pay a £20 deposit and pay the rest on the day you pick it up, I don't feel comfortable walking to town with over £500 in my pocket :(

I'm getting mine online from Shop To so its not something I need to worry about. That said even if I was going to buy it locally I would just pay by credit or debit card anyway so again it wouldn't be a problem for me.

#6 Spleenzorio

Spleenzorio

Thwomp

• Members
  • 339 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 08:31 AM

Can't you pay it off before launch? Or go a few times and pay it off in segments.
Posted Image

Nintendo ID: Spleenzorio

#7 Gamejunkie

Gamejunkie

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 08:32 AM

Can't you pay it off before launch? Or go a few times and pay it off in segments.

That's not possible here in the UK. None of the retailers have such a system in place.

#8 Spleenzorio

Spleenzorio

Thwomp

• Members
  • 339 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 08:37 AM

That's not possible here in the UK. None of the retailers have such a system in place.

That's lame!
Posted Image

Nintendo ID: Spleenzorio

#9 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 09:08 AM

No, they only take cash on the day, I suppose it just in case there are any issues with pre orderes.

#10 Gamejunkie

Gamejunkie

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 09:17 AM

That's lame!

Maybe so but that's the way it is. Personally even if there was an option to pay the cost off in advance I still wouldn't do it. To me it's a silly thing to do as they're making profit and probably interest on something I don't own yet. I rather just use my credit or debit card to pay for it when I pick it up. Also if I change my mind I don't have to worry about cancelling the preorder and having to get a refund. I don't agree with paying up front and don't understand why people would want to do it.

#11 x-SourApple-x

x-SourApple-x

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 356 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 02:19 PM

Put it all on a gift card bit by bit, and then just pay with the gift card. You could also pay by debit/credit card.

Edited by x-SourApple-x, 04 November 2012 - 02:20 PM.

http://www.youtube.com/oswingaming
https://twitter.com/OswinGaming

I have sold my Wii U, so if I deleted you from NN before I sold it, or haven't accepted your friend request since, this is why.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!